HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Crowne Royale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
He isn't an "enforcer" and he is also what.. 20/21 y/o? The kid has potential to be a Wayne Simmonds type of player. I think he had 4 goals in last year's first round. He is tough and can be an effective player but he needs to develop a little more and it is going to be hard for him to crack the line up with the amount of depth the Kings have. It probably wouldn't hurt him to play in Manchester next year and be a call up when needed.
Clifford doesn't have the build, foot speed, or release that Simmonds has. I like that he's got balls and is composed with the puck, but there are few dimensions to his game. He made the team right out of junior under Murray, but I doubt very much that he would have made a team of Sutter's right out of junior. Murray even alluded to Clifford being brought up too quickly.

I agree that he's better getting minutes in Manchester than riding the pine with Westgarth.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:11 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by palffytofrovlov View Post
But now what team needs a goalie? Columbus? Toronto? so maybe now Bernier isn't going anywhere...
Oilers, Minnesota, FLYERS (maybe these teams will want Bernier, not likely)... They don't want goalies badly but if we can do a package why not. Kadri for Bernier and Richardson. I dont know.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Crowne Royale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Two things.....

1) No way Dean gives Penner $3 million.

2) Dean will offer Fraser $1.1 million. However, 29 teams will offer Fraser $1.5 million or more. Fraser moves on. Richardson takes Fraser's spot. Clifford takes Richardson's spot. It's that simple.
Sounds like you've got a connection to Lombardi's bat phone. What other speculative thoughts can you share as fact?

Old
06-15-2012, 04:14 PM
SuperAlmeida

What about something around LAK cond 1st + CBJ 2nd/Jenner for Bernier?

Old
06-15-2012, 04:16 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
We can scrap Tampa from the Bernier trade list. They just landed Lindback.

Lindback, Kyle Wilson, 2012 7th for for Sebastion Caron, 2 2012 2nd's and a 2013 3rd.

I think this is a better indication of what Bernier is worth.
Bernier has more value then Lindback. Bernier is both better then Lindback, and Lindback has adult-onset Still's disease

Old
06-15-2012, 04:18 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
I think we can do better

Edit: Sorry for the double

Old
06-15-2012, 04:20 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post

Columbus isn't interested in Bernier.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:34 PM
gonnaneedsomewine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I totally disagree.

Penner "upped his game" when Sutter shoved a hockey stick in his ass. Penner has as much admitted to this, and is very appreciate of Sutter's actions and his faith in him down the stretch and well into the playoffs.

The fact that Penner was one of the player speakers at the really (the first speaker, in fact) is very telling.

He is a clubhouse leader, no doubt in my mind. He wants to play here, as he is on record as willing to take a pay cut to do so.

We keep him, IMO.
We'll just have to respectfully agree to disagree on this one.

I don't think that Penner all of a sudden had an epiphany at the age of 29 when Sutter got on his ass. It's definitely not the first time a coach has gotten on Penner for his disappointing play, and it sure won't be the last.

I think Penner is a fraud. He's going to say/do all the right things, act like he's somehow been "transformed" by Sutter, act like his experiences have changed him for the better, etc.

But I don't buy it for a second. It's all a ploy for a payday. The only reason he turned it on in the latter half of the regular season and the playoffs was to set up his next contract. That's just the type of guy he is, and I don't want to give a lazy 30 year old any type of long term security that could hinder us from improving the roster over the next few years.

I just don't trust Penner given his track record. Never have, never will. Selanne even called him a bit of a lazy guy that needed to be treated harshly. He has continually been criticized for being lazy, soft, out of shape, nonchalant, etc. Once a dog, always a dog. He will revert back to what he was once he has contract security.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:35 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Bernier has more value then Lindback. Bernier is both better then Lindback, and Lindback has adult-onset Still's disease
I mean a better comp than Varlamov because they've played nearly the same number of games in the NHL.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Azevedo left for europe. Also, they probably won't be operating under the assumption that the cap will be 70.3, as it will likely come down with the new CBA.
lol the cap wil go up to that number. After the new CBA both the cap and players salaries go down percentage vise. No need to panic people.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Can a mod throw up an off season thread please so we have somewhere to talk about signings/trades?

Old
06-15-2012, 05:02 PM
SuperAlmeida

Maybe they will turn to Bernier...?
Quote:
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
Told #CBJ made mutliple offers to #Predators in attempt to get G Anders Lindback. Not a surprise the #Preds wouldn't trade him in division.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:16 PM
KingCanadain1976

I think we hold on to bernier untill winnipeg knows whats happening with there goalie. The devils may also be looking depending on what brodeuer does. Tampa wasnt the only option out there. Also if we re talking toronto id be trying to get Nikolai Kulemin plays both wings so can be moved up in case of injurys defensively responseable and a former 30 goal scorer. sure we may have to add thinking richardson or king to bernier but would be worth it.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:51 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Can a mod throw up an off season thread please so we have somewhere to talk about signings/trades?
It's this thread. I renamed it to make it sound more exciting and official.

Old
06-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
It's this thread. I renamed it to make it sound more exciting and official.
I meant in terms of 'around the league' to discuss the Lindback trade for example, or is that this thread aswell?

Old
06-15-2012, 06:10 PM
bobafettish*

well there goes bernier for connoly.

Old
06-15-2012, 06:34 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
I meant in terms of 'around the league' to discuss the Lindback trade for example, or is that this thread aswell?
This is it for now. If it becomes a mess we can split the thread out.

Old
06-15-2012, 06:41 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Yzerman is rolling the dice IMO. Maybe, he hits the hard 8.

Old
06-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
This is it for now. If it becomes a mess we can split the thread out.
kk

I really like the trade from Tampa's perspective, they didnt give up that much and I like Lindback a lot. The guy is huge, so even when he is slumping, he can still stop a ton of pucks just on the basis he fills a ton of the net

Think Nashville could have got more however, surprised they weren't able to get at least Detroit's 1st in the deal considering the only other options available to Yzerman was to overpay for a Bernier or Schneider

Old
06-15-2012, 08:32 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
kk

I really like the trade from Tampa's perspective, they didnt give up that much and I like Lindback a lot. The guy is huge, so even when he is slumping, he can still stop a ton of pucks just on the basis he fills a ton of the net

Think Nashville could have got more however, surprised they weren't able to get at least Detroit's 1st in the deal considering the only other options available to Yzerman was to overpay for a Bernier or Schneider
I don't know, perhaps he will prove me wrong but I just don't think Lindback is a long-term solution anywhere. He's got the skill, but he has never carried the load anywhere and his size combined with the fact that he has adult-onset Still's disease would scare the crap out of me.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:16 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
We'll just have to respectfully agree to disagree on this one.

I don't think that Penner all of a sudden had an epiphany at the age of 29 when Sutter got on his ass. It's definitely not the first time a coach has gotten on Penner for his disappointing play, and it sure won't be the last.

I think Penner is a fraud. He's going to say/do all the right things, act like he's somehow been "transformed" by Sutter, act like his experiences have changed him for the better, etc.

But I don't buy it for a second. It's all a ploy for a payday. The only reason he turned it on in the latter half of the regular season and the playoffs was to set up his next contract. That's just the type of guy he is, and I don't want to give a lazy 30 year old any type of long term security that could hinder us from improving the roster over the next few years.

I just don't trust Penner given his track record. Never have, never will. Selanne even called him a bit of a lazy guy that needed to be treated harshly. He has continually been criticized for being lazy, soft, out of shape, nonchalant, etc. Once a dog, always a dog. He will revert back to what he was once he has contract security.
Even if he takes the whole regular season off, I wouldn't care. As long as he showed up for the playoffs. With the firepower we have, we should make it. As we proved this year, seeding doesn't matter. And we could just sign him to a 1 yr contract - by your logic he'd be hungry next playoffs.

People of his size and skill aren't exactly a dime a dozen.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:20 PM
KingLB

Quote:
kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I don't know, perhaps he will prove me wrong but I just don't think Lindback is a long-term solution anywhere. He's got the skill, but he has never carried the load anywhere and his size combined with the fact that he has adult-onset Still's disease would scare the crap out of me.
Look at what "successful" Nashville back-ups have gone on to do. Its not a great track record, let alone getting dropped in behind a brutal defense. Stevie Y could be regretting this move 20 games into the season.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:07 PM
DontgoZiggy

Any interest in Evander Kane? Adding Parise would be great but i'd be a bit concerned paying him 6-8 mill. Lombardi has done a great job with cap flexibility, he hasn't spent up large for wingers. I doubt we have much that we'd be willing to offer up for Kane, but he'd be an ideal addition, longterm for 4-5 mill. We still need enough cap flexibility to re up Brown.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:12 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

I don't think Dean has the pieces for that anymore.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:36 PM
outofrange

Quote:
I don't think Dean has the pieces for that anymore.
Yeah we blew our load with the last two trades (thank god it worked out) and all we have now is secondary pieces. Stuff like Clifford, Voynov, Martinez, Bernier, Toffoli, and Forbort. None of them are viewed the way Schenn and Simmer were.

But... it sounds like Kane has an attitude problem and is supposedly a dry island misfit. Fits right up our alley. Made it work the first time lol. The dude also was partying it up in LA a week or so ago with his crew, idk.

Anyway, touching back on the Parise stuff...I honestly see him re-signing with the Devs at like 90%. Only way he doesn't is if those Minny numbers of 9m for ten are true and he can't help taking the money. Plus, for a guy that plays the way he plays, I wouldn't give him a cent over 7.5 for five years. I see him going the Drury route sadly.

Closed Thread