HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 16 : One week left!

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2012, 02:30 PM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
It is when you are still only 18 years old and to one day play behind Carey Price and learn from him is the best for your development. Vasilevski still has a long way before reaching the NHL. Another year in the KHL, than a year in the AHL and then backup to Price. Varlamov got his chance in Colorado. Anything is possible. I hope he doesn't think that after being drafted, he's going to be a #1 goalie in the NHL..he knows he has to developed. So yes, I think he would like to be drafted by any NHL team. Price is here for a long time, but we NEVER know what's gonna happen in 5 years.
Its an irrelevant discussion with Vasilevski because were not taking him in the 1st round. I dont think he is going to be there for our 2nd round pick, even if he is, I have to think long and hard before I use that pick on a goalie. Id much rather gamble on Bartosak with our 4th or 6th rounder (depending on where he is supposed to go).

Old
06-15-2012, 02:34 PM
seafoam

vCash: 70
I understand like ALL of you want Galchenyuk, but will MTL risk the third pick with a player coming off ACL surgery? Grigorenko had mono, an ankle injury, and from what I've seen he took very long shifts (1+ min), maybe he was so determined to help his team win that he stayed on the ice longer. If he did this all season, don't you think he would become worn out towards the end on the season. Don't forget this was his rookie season so he has never played a scedule like this. Also his playing style can be confused with playing lazy. I'm sure MTL scouts have taken this all into effect and simple coaching changes can be made so he takes quicker shifts.

Old
06-15-2012, 02:35 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He was at best the 4th or 5th best player for Canada at the WJHC. He had 9 points but only 1 goal. Stone Strome Gormley and Gallagher all outplayed him.

In the Q, Jurco Phillips and Galiev badly outplayed him in the playoffs. They all had 8-13 more points.
And who do you think set Stone up for his goals in the slot? That's right, Jonathan Huberdeau.

And yes he didn't have good playoffs, by his standards.

Old
06-15-2012, 02:39 PM
SaskRinkRat

This is our draft strategy:

1) If the first two picks are Yakupov and Murray, we take Galchenyuk.
2) If the first two picks are Yakupov and Galchenyuk, we take Murray unless someone in the 4-6 range offers a really nice deal to swap picks.

I think a trade-down is unlikely because Toronto is at #5 and it just seems unlikely we'd trade with them. It would make some logical sense, though, because we would likely get Grigorenko at #5, and depending on the premium Toronto pays, that could be a risk worth taking.

Old
06-15-2012, 02:39 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
delete
I don't see it like that, I think Timmins likes the style that galchenyuk plays with versus grig, frankly so do I but we will probably know come friday

Old
06-15-2012, 02:41 PM
seafoam

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
I don't see it like that, I think Timmins likes the style that galchenyuk plays with versus grig, frankly so do I but we will probably know come friday
Can I stop in and pick up a gold star on friday if im right?

Old
06-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
And who do you think set Stone up for his goals in the slot? That's right, Jonathan Huberdeau.

And yes he didn't have good playoffs, by his standards.
Strome.

He's a good prospect, but people on here obsess about him because he is a Quebecer.

Old
06-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Looks like we do have a 5th rounder: http://www.rogersradiointernet.com/h...0/nhldraft.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
I understand like ALL of you want Galchenyuk, but will MTL risk the third pick with a player coming off ACL surgery? Grigorenko had mono, an ankle injury, and from what I've seen he took very long shifts (1+ min), maybe he was so determined to help his team win that he stayed on the ice longer. If he did this all season, don't you think he would become worn out towards the end on the season. Don't forget this was his rookie season so he has never played a scedule like this. Also his playing style can be confused with playing lazy. I'm sure MTL scouts have taken this all into effect and simple coaching changes can be made so he takes quicker shifts.
Sounds like you are trying to convince us to pick Grigorenko more than anything else. We are fans, we don't know what they are thinking at this stage. But there have been far more hints they like Galchenyuk than hints they like Grigorenko.

Old
06-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Looks like we do have a 5th rounder: http://www.rogersradiointernet.com/h...0/nhldraft.pdf
That's wrong, we traded one to NYI for Wisniewski(condition met), got one from CBJ for Wisniewski's rights then traded it in the Cammalleri-Bourque trade(and got a 2013 2nd rounder).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NHL_Entry_Draft

Old
06-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

It's from the NHL...not sure how wrong it can be.

Clearly the conditions on the first Wiz deal were not correctly reported.

Old
06-15-2012, 02:56 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Get us another Gallagher, mmmhmmmm.

Quote:
Sounds like you are trying to convince us to pick Grigorenko more than anything else. We are fans, we don't know what they are thinking at this stage. But there have been far more hints they like Galchenyuk than hints they like Grigorenko.
This much I can't deny. Would be very happy getting either of those guys. They both represent something that we haven't had since Damphousse or Turgeon.

Old
06-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
It's from the NHL...not sure how wrong it can be.

Clearly the conditions on the first Wiz deal were not correctly reported.
I hope they are right, but I doubt it.

Old
06-15-2012, 02:57 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

We don't have a 7th according to this pdf. No weird picks this year hehe

Old
06-15-2012, 03:24 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskRinkRat View Post

2) If the first two picks are Yakupov and Galchenyuk, we take Murray unless someone in the 4-6 range offers a really nice deal to swap picks.

I think a trade-down is unlikely because Toronto is at #5 and it just seems unlikely we'd trade with them. It would make some logical sense, though, because we would likely get Grigorenko at #5, and depending on the premium Toronto pays, that could be a risk worth taking.
I think if Yakupov and Gally are gone, we go for Forsberg or TT. At least that is what my brain is trying to convince me.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=634895

NHL.com also has that order

Old
06-15-2012, 03:33 PM
WeThreeKings

Its gotta be changed. It just doesnt make any sense.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:55 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

With all the moving around the Habs have done with a 5th rounder this year it's not surprising that there is some confusion.

The Habs got a 5th from the Ducks (127th) in the Lappy deal, but then traded that pick back to the Ducks in the Mara deal.

The Habs got a 5th from the jackets (122nd) for the rights to the Wiz.

The Habs traded a 5th to the Flames in the Cammy/Bourque deal.

The Habs traded a 2nd and a conditional 5th (124th) to NYI for the Wiz.

Perhaps the condition wasn't met so we got the jackets 5th and the flames get ours.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
With all the moving around the Habs have done with a 5th rounder this year it's not surprising that there is some confusion.

The Habs got a 5th from the Ducks (127th) in the Lappy deal, but then traded that pick back to the Ducks in the Mara deal.

The Habs got a 5th from the jackets (122nd) for the rights to the Wiz.

The Habs traded a 5th to the Flames in the Cammy/Bourque deal.

The Habs traded a 2nd and a conditional 5th (124th) to NYI for the Wiz.

Perhaps the condition wasn't met so we got the jackets 5th and the flames get ours.
The condition was that the Habs make the playoffs(in 2011) with Wisniewski playing in at least 50% of the games.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:01 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The condition was that the Habs make the playoffs(in 2011) with Wisniewski playing in at least 50% of the games.
Did Wisniewski play the entire series? I thought he had a shoulder injury in the play-offs.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:13 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Did Wisniewski play the entire series? I thought he had a shoulder injury in the play-offs.
he played in 6 of the 7 games

Old
06-15-2012, 04:15 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
he played in 6 of the 7 games
Thanks. I thought he had missed some time but I didnt know how much. It wasnt like the Bruins sweep where everybody was injured.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:18 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

It would seem like we will give our 4th round pick in 2013 to NYI from the Wisniewski trade, we keep the 5th round pick from Columbus for Wisniewski and that we traded our own 2012 5th round pick to Calgary with Cammalleri.

Habs Prospects website
Old
06-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
It would seem like we will give our 4th round pick in 2013 to NYI from the Wisniewski trade, we keep the 5th round pick from Columbus for Wisniewski and that we traded our own 2012 5th round pick to Calgary with Cammalleri.
And you know this how?

Old
06-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskRinkRat View Post

I agree with 1) but not with 2). If Yakupov and Galchenyuk are both gone we should pick Forsberg or Grigorenko. We already have a few interesting Dman in the system (Beaulieu , Tinordi ect) and while they may not have the upside of Murray , they still fill the pipeline at that position.

On the other hand we have no blue chip forwards with superstar potential and if there is a time to land one its this year. I know many people arent high on Grigs but id still pick him over Murray for that reason alone. I would take Forsberg before Grigs though.

Give me on of the 4 forwards and ill be happy. I wont complain if we do get Murray but im not going to lie : I will feel slightly disappointed. And please no Dumba/Trouba at no3

Old
06-15-2012, 04:43 PM
rockjngo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
I agree with 1) but not with 2). If Yakupov and Galchenyuk are both gone we should pick Forsberg or Grigorenko. We already have a few interesting Dman in the system (Beaulieu , Tinordi ect) and while they may not have the upside of Murray , they still fill the pipeline at that position.

On the other hand we have no blue chip forwards with superstar potential and if there is a time to land one its this year. I know many people arent high on Grigs but id still pick him over Murray for that reason alone. I would take Forsberg before Grigs though.

Give me on of the 4 forwards and ill be happy. I wont complain if we do get Murray but im not going to lie : I will feel slightly disappointed. And please no Dumba/Trouba at no3
If Yakupov and Galchenyuk are gone. We will take Forsberg or Murray. Apparently Timmins is high on Forsberg.

Closed Thread