HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XIII

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2012, 06:36 PM
um

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
I thought we were dumping Russians, not adding them.

Radulov is an all world talent but is just about the last player I want the Caps to add this summer.

MOAR North Americans please.
who cares where there from, look at how well thats worked out for detroit

Old
06-15-2012, 06:38 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMeatballs1990 View Post
2nd ones good...

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Brouwer
Laich-Pavelski-Radulov
Chimera-Johansson-Kostitsyn
why do people think we can get pavelski? thornton and marleau are much more likely i think

Old
06-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Robert Theodorson

I know I'm in the minority but I don't think we should add any free agents.

If we can trade Green for a decent top 6 winger then make it so. The free agent pool outside of Parise and Suter is largely unimpressive.

Carlson and Alzner are a year older and a year more experienced, and although MoJo probably isn't ready to make the leap to 2nd line center he will be better than last year and is going to impress everyone.

The defense is pretty solid with Carlson/Alzner/Orlov/Hamrlik you're going to need to find two bottom pairing guys (obviously I don't think Schultz should be on the team, and I wouldn't count on Erskine.

It's time to move forward with who we have and let them develop, fixing holes through trades and drafting. I know this may be hard to understand since most of you (I'm guessing) are Redskins fans and adding free agents seems like the fix to all your problems.

Semin was decent against Boston before he did his ghost act and Green was once again useless. 4 points for an offensive defensemen? Go ahead and defend that, I'll wait.

Old
06-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

We have 3 top 6 players................

Yes, we do need to sign some Free Agents. We'll have like 15-20 million to do so, too...

Old
06-15-2012, 09:12 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Lets say Semin is gone. We still have 5 out of 6. We only need 1 top 6 assuming he leaves.

Are we going to be running an uptempo... shell again? If we are going to stay in the shell, maybe Ward should get a look in our top 6. If we want to just dump chase and retreat and not draw PP's, we may be fine up top. Let MJ keep learning, and get a 2RW to replace Semin, or move Laich back to wing, and pickup Jokinen.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Lets say Semin is gone. We still have 5 out of 6. We only need 1 top 6 assuming he leaves.

Are we going to be running an uptempo... shell again? If we are going to stay in the shell, maybe Ward should get a look in our top 6. If we want to just dump chase and retreat and not draw PP's, we may be fine up top. Let MJ keep learning, and get a 2RW to replace Semin, or move Laich back to wing, and pickup Jokinen.
A 2nd line with Laich-MJ-Jokinen isn't going to scare anyone and still leaves a hole at 1RW

Old
06-15-2012, 09:48 PM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
I know I'm in the minority but I don't think we should add any free agents.

If we can trade Green for a decent top 6 winger then make it so. The free agent pool outside of Parise and Suter is largely unimpressive.

Carlson and Alzner are a year older and a year more experienced, and although MoJo probably isn't ready to make the leap to 2nd line center he will be better than last year and is going to impress everyone.

The defense is pretty solid with Carlson/Alzner/Orlov/Hamrlik you're going to need to find two bottom pairing guys (obviously I don't think Schultz should be on the team, and I wouldn't count on Erskine.

It's time to move forward with who we have and let them develop, fixing holes through trades and drafting. I know this may be hard to understand since most of you (I'm guessing) are Redskins fans and adding free agents seems like the fix to all your problems.

Semin was decent against Boston before he did his ghost act and Green was once again useless. 4 points for an offensive defensemen? Go ahead and defend that, I'll wait.
GMGM is that you?? You don't have to wait long. This team won't be worth a lick of **** without center depth.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

I don't consider Laich or Brouwer Top 6 players... they can fill in there, but that doesn't mean they're top 6 players.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:57 PM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
I don't consider Laich or Brouwer Top 6 players... they can fill in there, but that doesn't mean they're top 6 players.
Agreed completely. I think the top 6 needs an overhaul and that's if they keep Semin. Without him it looks brutal. At this point I only count 8 and 19 as reliable. Not a huge fan of MJ here.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:14 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post

You could have typed this verbatim (replacing Boston with New York and 4 points with 1 goal) one year ago. That worked out well.

The "ideal" lineup is:

XXXXXX-XXXXXXX-Johansson
Chimera-Beagle-Laich
Ward-Eakin/Perreault-Hendricks

XXXXXX-Green
Alzner-Carlson
Hamrlik-Orlov
Schultz/Erskine

No ****ing way you can address those holes through the draft/trade by October.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Cappy76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
You could have typed this verbatim (replacing Boston with New York) one year ago. That worked out well.

The "ideal" lineup is:

XXXXXX-XXXXXXX-Johansson
Chimera-Beagle-Laich
Ward-Eakin/Perreault-Hendricks

XXXXXX-Green
Alzner-Carlson
Hamrlik-Orlov
Schultz/Erskine

No ****ing way you can address those holes through the draft/trade by October.
Those holes can be addressed as we've talked about numerous options in this thread alone, not to mention the many other threads. Using any of our picks, MJ, Eakin, Galiev, Widemans right or anyone else on our roster really you can trade for a Center for the 2nd line. As MJ + has been explored for Ribs in Dallas resign Semin and your 2nd line is now set move Laich up to MJ's current spot and Eakin takes Laich's then. Sign a UFA Dman Jackman or throw money at Suter.

Now I'm not saying that it will happen or that I expect any moves to be made but you stating that it wont happen or cant be addressed by October is just simply not true.

Ovie - Backstrom - Brouwer
Semin - Ribero - Laich
Chim - Beags - Eakin
Ward - Matty P - Hendricks

Suter/Jackman - Green
Carlson - Alzner
Orlov - Hammer

Old
06-15-2012, 10:30 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy76 View Post
Missing the point
I was responding to the idiot notion that it can be done without free agents.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:43 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

So, rumors of Evander Kane not wanting to sign in the Peg.

I wonder if they do something around Laich (good western boy) and picks/prospects?

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Johansson
Kane-Jokinen-Brouwer

Me likey that top 6.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:53 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post

I wonder if they do something around Laich (good western boy) and picks/prospects?

Kane-Jokinen-Brouwer

Me likey that top 6.
Kings ransom. I'd pay it and then some. I'd throw in another western Canadian and plenty of draft picks to make it happen.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Cappy76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I was responding to the idiot notion that it can be done without free agents.
my bad read it wrong. As for Kane I'd pony up for him love what he could bring!

Old
06-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Jets could get much better than Laich and picks for Kane.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:37 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Jets could get much better than Laich and picks for Kane.
No, the Jets will just give away Kane for Laich just as a favor to the Caps for trading them Fehr last year.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:48 PM
36kap36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
Agreed completely. I think the top 6 needs an overhaul and that's if they keep Semin. Without him it looks brutal. At this point I only count 8 and 19 as reliable. Not a huge fan of MJ here.
Glad to see that I'm not the only one! I just don't see him as a true top 6 player consistently yet. Do I think it could happen in a little more time? Of course, but right now, I don't much believe in him. The playoffs just disappointed me with the kid.

But, then again, where would he play if not the top 6 next year? He doesn't play a bottom 6 role. So do they slot him in the top 6 and watch him thrive or struggle? Do they slot him bottom 6 and see him look out of place because that isn't his game? He's a big question mark in my eyes.

Quote:

Wouldn't it be nice? I've always been a fan of Kane, and I would start doing heel clicks if we could pull that deal off. I don't have that high of hopes for it, but it could always happen.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36kap36 View Post
Glad to see that I'm not the only one! I just don't see him as a true top 6 player consistently yet. Do I think it could happen in a little more time? Of course, but right now, I don't much believe in him. The playoffs just disappointed me with the kid.

But, then again, where would he play if not the top 6 next year? He doesn't play a bottom 6 role. So do they slot him in the top 6 and watch him thrive or struggle? Do they slot him bottom 6 and see him look out of place because that isn't his game? He's a big question mark in my eyes.
He should be in the top 6. In Hershey.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Halpysback

Quote:

Kane-Jokinen-Brouwer

Me likey that top 6.
If those picks/prospects are Carlson maybe.

Winnipeg is not retarded.

Old
06-16-2012, 05:12 AM
MW6

MoJo + 16th for Pavelski (or Eakin + 16th for Ribeiro)

Laich + 11th for E. Kane

5th (that turns to a 2nd 2013 upon signing) for rights to Radulov

B's 2nd (54th OA) + Erskine for Hjalmarsson

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Radulov
Kane-Pavelski-Semin
Chimera-?UFA?-Brouwer
Hendricks-Beagle-Ward

Alzner-Carlson
Hjalmarsson-Green
Hamrlik-Orlov
Erskine

Holtby
Neuvirth

Last edited by MW6: 06-16-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old
06-16-2012, 06:14 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy76 View Post
A 2nd line with Laich-MJ-Jokinen isn't going to scare anyone and still leaves a hole at 1RW
That was this is "George" talking. Laich was a scoring line wing during our president monster year and was often our 1C going 14 games deep two months ago. MJ could certainly bulk up and continue improving, regardless it became clear this last playoff, George is going to use him in a scoring role. Quite a few think Semin has done more harm than good. Knuble did fine as a 1RW in our monster year and I think Brouwer or Ward should be able to pot 15+ in the same role/TOI. Its not just the players, its the system.

Why not stay the course for now, and just dump the toxins down the river.

Ovi Nick Brouwer/Ward | Chimera Laich<-->MJ

Me talking: I am not sold he saw the LA blueprint - he probably feels he cannot attain that C depth "without mortgaging the future" WMTF. Is he dumping the play book from last year after Canada patting him on the back? I don't think there are enough top 6 forwards in the league to complete every teams anyways. Just like there arent enough top pair D's to complete every team., We have to dumb down how we define top 6 or top pair.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 06-16-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old
06-16-2012, 09:26 AM
fsnoles98

Quote:

Kane-Jokinen-Brouwer

Me likey that top 6.
Kane would be a nice addition. Not sure how the jets feel about Laich and not sure GMGM is willing to give up early picks, but it would be nice if it happened.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:49 AM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36kap36 View Post

The best way he would fit on this team would be as a trading chip. He has value and adding in one of the first rounders he should net us that missing 2C. It's almost painfully obvious. This team is built to win now. Waiting 1-3 more years to see how MJ develops only wastes more years of this core group.

The major problem is GMGM. As I said last winter he is an assets hoarder and won't give up what's needed to make those crucial moves.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Well that just begs the question of what is a top 6 player then?

Forwards who ranked between 91-120 league wide in scoring put up between 44-50 points this year. Whether anyone likes it or not that is without a doubt solid second line production in the NHL today and Laich is 100% capable of producing in that realm if not better if given a top 6 role and Brouwer isn't too far behind IMO.

So I'll ask again, what is a top 6 player?

Closed Thread