HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2012, 05:56 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
I'm at like 380-400 and got my Legend 3 @ game 365 or so. Playing C/RW/LW/RD. I used to be up around like 3.5 PPG playing until my friend disappeared from XBL world, now i'm at like 2.5 PPG.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
06-14-2012, 06:02 PM
RussianRocket10

I got Legend 3 for my skater somewhere between 360-380 games I think. Amazingly only 21 of those games were in club. I'm a drop-in veteran.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Jray42

vCash: 300
Should've mentioned, all of those games have been drop in. All of them.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Krishna

I have probably 95% of my games in drop in as well

Old
06-14-2012, 07:38 PM
RussianRocket10

I actually played some games a few weeks ago where all my teammates liked to pass the puck in the offensive zone. It was amazing.

Old
06-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Flyerfan808

For my EASHL I've finally tweaked my LW Playmaker build into something that produces all around

My Findings:

Offense:

Passing: No more than 95. If you pump it more than that, the AI will assume you're trying to throw the puck ALL THE WAY TO THE POINT, rather than to your guy who is wide open camped in front of the net.
Hand Eye: 90 or higher
Off Aware: 90 or higher
Puck Control: 99 and I'm not ****ing kidding.
Wrist Power: 84-87... You're not going to be sniping from the high slot. Most of your goals are going to come on cheesy cross crease, breakaways, wrap arounds... ie; you're going to score from in close.
Wrist Acc: 96 or higher.

Defense:
Def Awareness: 93
Discipline: 93
Stick Checking: 99

... and nothing else matters

Athleticism:

Speed: 96 or higher
Accel: 93 or higher
Agil: 75 min
Endurance: 78 min
Strength: dump remaining points here.

Basically you're creating a player who can get up ice very quickly, is effective on the dump and chase, is nearly impossible to strip the puck from, and can find the open man in the offensive zone, and can score from in close.

The tradeoff is that you're not very physical... at all. If the puck goes into the corner, you're basically going to get killed to make a play, and either throw the puck up to the point, into the slot or behind the net. If someone lines you up in the neutral zone sometimes there is no avoiding it, but knowing exactly WHEN, HOW, and WHERE to dump the puck when defensemen are being too aggressive is one thing our team has practiced and exploited on many pro and low level elite teams.

On defense your goal is to strip the puck from players... Do not even bother trying to hit anyone.

The build will work for a player on a puck moving team we cycle alot, and it works well for me.

Old
06-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Krishna

Why so high speed and acceleration and low endurance?

Old
06-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Why so high speed and acceleration and low endurance?
Never noticed a drastic difference when I was rolling with 90+ endurance. So I started chipping it down. I found the cutoff point for to be around 80. I presonally have mine set to 82, at 78 I found that your skater will start to tire with about 1 minute left in th periods. Other than that you're flying around like a madman the rest of the game.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Never noticed a drastic difference when I was rolling with 90+ endurance. So I started chipping it down. I found the cutoff point for to be around 80. I presonally have mine set to 82, at 78 I found that your skater will start to tire with about 1 minute left in th periods. Other than that you're flying around like a madman the rest of the game.
I roll 90 endurance because as a defenseman I need to rush back into the defensive zone

Old
06-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Flyerfan808

Just as I was starting to enjoy Diablo 3 again, it suddenly feels as though there's been a noticeable drop in the quality of loot.

Allegedly, Blizzard "nerfed" many of the known farming spots, replendent chests, and treasure goblins to coincide with the introduction of their Real Money Auction House (aka their "CASH COW").

I've been doing A3 runs on inferno with my wiz. I have not found a single gear upgrade in about 40 hours of gameplay. I did a run last night which yielded 1 yellow item. A 200 DPS wand with +Strength. Which is about as useful as a ********.

I'm done playing the game at least until they release the next patch.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Just as I was starting to enjoy Diablo 3 again, it suddenly feels as though there's been a noticeable drop in the quality of loot.

Allegedly, Blizzard "nerfed" many of the known farming spots, replendent chests, and treasure goblins to coincide with the introduction of their Real Money Auction House (aka their "CASH COW").

I've been doing A3 runs on inferno with my wiz. I have not found a single gear upgrade in about 40 hours of gameplay. I did a run last night which yielded 1 yellow item. A 200 DPS wand with +Strength. Which is about as useful as a ********.

I'm done playing the game at least until they release the next patch.
Probably have been doing telemetry on it..

Find where all the users flock to and fix it..

Old
06-15-2012, 11:38 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Well I just saw The Angry Video Game Nerd today. That was awesome.

Old
06-16-2012, 02:32 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Spurred on by the recent EASHL discussion, I decided to break away from my offline world and give it another shot (hate online NHL). Well, maybe it's me. I played in about 6-7 games and my team lost all but 1. Now, it took me a couple periods to get back into the Be A Pro camera setup and sensitive passing, but I started playing better. I'm by no means great...but I feel I'm competent. Typically shoot for RD, ended up at LD twice and C once as well. So here I sit at Amateur 2, waiting for my 2nd win to level up

In all video games, real life teams, fantasy teams, etc. I feel like I'm on the losing end 95% of the time. Why the hell am I a sports fan!? What an awful run of luck.

Old
06-16-2012, 02:45 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Spurred on by the recent EASHL discussion, I decided to break away from my offline world and give it another shot (hate online NHL). Well, maybe it's me. I played in about 6-7 games and my team lost all but 1. Now, it took me a couple periods to get back into the Be A Pro camera setup and sensitive passing, but I started playing better. I'm by no means great...but I feel I'm competent. Typically shoot for RD, ended up at LD twice and C once as well. So here I sit at Amateur 2, waiting for my 2nd win to level up

In all video games, real life teams, fantasy teams, etc. I feel like I'm on the losing end 95% of the time. Why the hell am I a sports fan!? What an awful run of luck.
I really hate them including wins in the thing for legend card.. I can understand why they did it.. But not everyone plays on good clubs..

Old
06-16-2012, 02:52 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
I really hate them including wins in the thing for legend card.. I can understand why they did it.. But not everyone plays on good clubs..
Oh they were all drop-ins. After 5 games and 1 win, I thought maybe there was some unspoken secret that all the skilled players went to the home team (right side), so I went over there and lost 2+ games.

Old
06-16-2012, 03:13 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Oh they were all drop-ins. After 5 games and 1 win, I thought maybe there was some unspoken secret that all the skilled players went to the home team (right side), so I went over there and lost 2+ games.
It's basically a crap shoot as to which team sucks.. It's even worse as a defenseman who never gets passed the puck..

Idiots don't realize that if you pass to the defenseman, it opens more lanes up.. instead.. CRASH THE CREASE.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Krishna

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/16/30...doc-leak-rumor

Old
06-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Krishna

I made this post on /r/ea_NHL and i'll post it here..

This will be sort of a rant but oh well..

Having played about 750 games between the two consoles (363 on xbox and 280 ps3) I think it's safe for me to say this..

The xbox players just suck. terribly.

No one passes, skaters usually suck, defenseman playing like Erik Karlsson minus the whole be good offensively part, goalies just pick goalie to be ********** since they haven't gotten their positions..

The only real redeeming factor is that xbox's best players seem to be better than the ps3's best players.. Not by too much, but it's still noticeable..

With ps3, there's a lot of forwards that suck, but at least they can finish their shots..
Overall ps3's community is better on average than xbox's community.

/rant

Old
06-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Krishna

http://www.***********/r/freebies/com...d_for_free_at/

For anyone who wants a free month of Xbox Live but doesn't have a gold membership

Old
06-16-2012, 06:05 PM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
I made this post on /r/ea_NHL and i'll post it here..

This will be sort of a rant but oh well..

Having played about 750 games between the two consoles (363 on xbox and 280 ps3) I think it's safe for me to say this..

The xbox players just suck. terribly.

No one passes, skaters usually suck, defenseman playing like Erik Karlsson minus the whole be good offensively part, goalies just pick goalie to be ********** since they haven't gotten their positions..

The only real redeeming factor is that xbox's best players seem to be better than the ps3's best players.. Not by too much, but it's still noticeable..

With ps3, there's a lot of forwards that suck, but at least they can finish their shots..
Overall ps3's community is better on average than xbox's community.

/rant
My personal favorite are the people that skate in circles at the bottom of the circle waiting for the cross crease pass to open up.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:07 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

I was teamed with another D-Man today (he was LD, I was RD) who not only kept jumping up in the play...he would LEAD the play up ice...and refuse to pass. He was a little speed guy, and tried to skate through guys instead of passing. He thought he was wayyyyyyyy better than he was. After the 2nd period he turned his mic on and said "hey blue, pass me the puck more often, I was wide open like 6 times last period, dumbass"

superstar ended the game with 0 goals

blue had the GWG in OT

Old
06-18-2012, 01:59 AM
Krishna

Me and my brother figured out how to use a ps3 controller on a pc and have been playing Mario Party for n64 for the last 6 hours

Old
06-18-2012, 01:54 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Played a few games last night, and at one point in the game it was down to me and my friend[fairly new to the OTP concept. has less than 100 games probably].

I took over the game, and scored 6 unanswered. Was 5-1 at that point, turned around and made it 7-5. Other team's goalie finally quit and at the end of the game I got two messages.

One was insulting and calling me a no lifer, cause I kept walking through the D.

Other was a guy trying to get me to join their club. Club was like 33-77-11 or something, top point getter had like 55 points in 70+ games.

Old
06-18-2012, 02:30 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Me and my brother figured out how to use a ps3 controller on a pc and have been playing Mario Party for n64 for the last 6 hours
MP3 is one of m favorite party games of all time...amazing. actually with a ps3 controller, 1 probably is fun as hell because you won't get burning palm from the mini games like you would with the n64 controller

Old
06-20-2012, 01:10 AM
Krishna

Dear french canadians on NHL 12...

Just because I have Le in my PSN name, doesn't mean I speak french.

Also your accents are hilarious.

Closed Thread