HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 17 : Dream Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2012, 01:37 AM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Work, come home, make a couple of nice steaks and enjoy the draft.
They best be medium rare. No ketchup or funny stuff!

Old
06-16-2012, 01:52 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
They best be medium rare. No ketchup or funny stuff!
People actually put put ketchup on their steaks?

Old
06-16-2012, 01:56 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

vCash: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
People actually put put ketchup on their steaks?
I've seen ketchup with tons of things. I myself find pasta and ketchup to be a disgusting combination, yet many people I know do it.

Old
06-16-2012, 02:30 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
I've seen ketchup with tons of things. I myself find pasta and ketchup to be a disgusting combination, yet many people I know do it.
My grandmother would literally kill me if I ever did that

Old
06-16-2012, 02:41 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Grigorenko ! With proper guidance from Lapointe, he could blossom big time.
We would be stupid passing on him. I have the feeling the Habs and other teams will let him go and he will be another Couturier. I went to see him two times last year and both times he had a hat trick and was better than every other player on the ice.

Old
06-16-2012, 03:53 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
We would be stupid passing on him. I have the feeling the Habs and other teams will let him go and he will be another Couturier. I went to see him two times last year and both times he had a hat trick and was better than every other player on the ice.
Chances were that he was better than every other player on the ice against 16/18 as IMO, only Saint-John(Huberdeau, Beaulieu) and Halifax(Mackinnon) had more talented players.

Old
06-16-2012, 04:43 AM
baldrick

My dream is Gomez announcing his retirement and Crosby demanding a trade to Montreal.
We're picking 3rd overall,unless Timmins has a brain fart we'll be fine.

Old
06-16-2012, 04:54 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
That guy lost all credibility when he said "if it weren't for the Quebec connection, I'd probably have Grigorenko a bit lower".

I really don't see this being a factor in the Habs decision. At least I hope it isn't.
was gonna post exactly the same thing.

i am not against drafting grigorenko at all, but he must have a pretty low opinion of the habs management to think they would waste our highest pick in over 30 years on the quebec ramprt connection.

that, or he's a leafs fan and he really wants galchenyuk to go there.

Old
06-16-2012, 04:55 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I am playing for a contract from the Habs today at CBCs Play-On!

Surely I can dethrone Mayer.

Old
06-16-2012, 04:59 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I am playing for a contract from the Habs today at CBCs Play-On!

Surely I can dethrone Mayer.
another goalie controversy?

Old
06-16-2012, 05:05 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
another goalie controversy?
My last name sounds kinda french. Surely there will be a controversy.

Old
06-16-2012, 05:58 AM
BigHabs

1st - Galchenyuk
2nd - Samuelsson
2nd - Thrower
3rd - Bozon

If this is how we draft in the top 3 rounds I will be extremely happy

Old
06-16-2012, 06:06 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
I've been saying this for a while now. It seems to me that Timmins has a history of commenting on players in a positive note which he doesn't take but remained quiet on the ones he has taken. Someone may be able to take issue with this but that's my impression of Timmins MO. He plays his cards close to the vest. I really think Grigs is the target here for Timmins. That said, I won't be disappointed if he goes with Gally or Forsberg.
Or maybe he's not saying anything about Grigo because he doesn't want to say negative things publicly about a kid. I'd bet the farm that Habs don't take Grigo. I'd bet they'd rank Murray or Dumba ahead of him (has Timmins said anything publicly about any of the Dmen?).

Old
06-16-2012, 06:11 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
I saw him two times in the playoffs and he stunk.

Old
06-16-2012, 06:17 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Or maybe he's not saying anything about Grigo because he doesn't want to say negative things publicly about a kid. I'd bet the farm that Habs don't take Grigo. I'd bet they'd rank Murray or Dumba ahead of him (has Timmins said anything publicly about any of the Dmen?).
Good points and you may very well be right. Like most people here I'm speculating although I think Timmins could find something positive to say about Grigs, most of his critics seem to. It will be nice when the 22nd gets here and we can stop speculating. I still think Timmins is going to grab Grigs, but I'll be happy with any of the other options.

Old
06-16-2012, 06:31 AM
Corncob

Quote:
We would be stupid passing on him. I have the feeling the Habs and other teams will let him go and he will be another Couturier.
Grigorenko will spend next season playing a defensive role on an nhl fourth line and killing penalties?

Doesn't sound particularly likely...

Old
06-16-2012, 06:42 AM
Grant McCagg

I find it hard to believe that there are still some who think Grigorenko is the guy the Habs should/will take. It's not going to happen..for several reasons.

Old
06-16-2012, 07:02 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I find it hard to believe that there are still some who think Grigorenko is the guy the Habs should/will take. It's not going to happen..for several reasons.
Please elaborate on this. I'd be curious as to what your reasoning is.

Old
06-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
The most shocking part is that some fans still want him after watching the type of hockey that wins cups the last 2 years. Grigorenko is the anti Dustin Brown. when the going gets tough he disappears...and i'm not just talking playoffs I men he won't win battles or go to the high traffic areas. Those are not things coaching can change, either it's in your belly or it's not.

Old
06-16-2012, 07:21 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
Well Grant, I've always been a sucker for the underdog and I certainly don't have the knowledge you possess to make such assessments. Maybe I just like taking the road less travelled. No doubt you are right about the Habs not taking Grigs but I'm gonna "go down with the ship" on this one I think. I guess I haven't bought in, at least not completely, to what I think amounts to "character assassination" of Grigs by some (I should say a few) posters here. I do appreciate you drawing the distinction between "will" and "should", since I really haven't said Habs "should" draft Grigs, only that I think they will. Obviously your relationship with Timmins (among other knowledgable hockey people) gives you a much better idea than I on this, but it's a feeling I just can't shake. I probably will wind up looking like a fool when Habs pick someone else, but there's lots of precedent for that I assure you. Like I said, I'll be happy with any one of the usual suspects but until Timmins proves me wrong, I still think it's gonna be Grigs.

Cheers.

Old
06-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
Well Grant, I've always been a sucker for the underdog and I certainly don't have the knowledge you possess to make such assessments. Maybe I just like taking the road less travelled. No doubt you are right about the Habs not taking Grigs but I'm gonna "go down with the ship" on this one I think. I guess I haven't bought in, at least not completely, to what I think amounts to "character assassination" of Grigs by some (I should say a few) posters here. I do appreciate you drawing the distinction between "will" and "should", since I really haven't said Habs "should" draft Grigs, only that I think they will. Obviously your relationship with Timmins (among other knowledgable hockey people) gives you a much better idea than I on this, but it's a feeling I just can't shake. I probably will wind up looking like a fool when Habs pick someone else, but there's lots of precedent for that I assure you. Like I said, I'll be happy with any one of the usual suspects but until Timmins proves me wrong, I still think it's gonna be Grigs.

Cheers.
It almost sounds like you are taking this personal, like you are his father or something.

1-why the heck would Grigorenko be the underdog when he was ranked top 2-3 for this draft starting 2 years ago? If anything he started a favorite and worked his way down the lists.

2-you sound like people are saying they don't want him, most posters don't want him top 5 or top 10 because he brings a lot of risk and no more reward than the top 5-7 guys.

3-scouting is about a lot more than just looking at points and youtube highlights. 70-75% of the goals scored in junior don't work in the NHL, the question is how the player(s) in question can make adjustments to be able to produce at the NHL level.

Old
06-16-2012, 07:38 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It almost sounds like you are taking this personal, like you are his father or something.

1-why the heck would Grigorenko be the underdog when he was ranked top 2-3 for this draft starting 2 years ago? If anything he started a favorite and worked his way down the lists.

2-you sound like people are saying they don't want him, most posters don't want him top 5 or top 10 because he brings a lot of risk and no more reward than the top 5-7 guys.

3-scouting is about a lot more than just looking at points and youtube highlights. 70-75% of the goals scored in junior don't work in the NHL, the question is how the player(s) in question can make adjustments to be able to produce at the NHL level.
I take absolutely nothing personal on here and if you have noticed I go to great lengths in my posts not to get personal.

1. No matter where Grigs was ranked in the past, and on some lists still is, he certainly seems to be an underdog on this forum to be picked by the Habs. Although no poster has come out and bluntly called him a "coward", a few have sure implied it. I won't name names.

2. Perhaps, but frankly I think Yakupov (to name just one) is an even bigger risk. He already has suffered a concussion which usually leads to more, particularly the style he plays. He also seems to have a pretty fair sized ego and strikes me as the type that might say **** it and take off to the KHL if things don't go his way. I see a bit of Radulov in him, but that's strictly a personal opinion and I could be completely wrong on this.

3. I agree.

Old
06-16-2012, 07:44 AM
shutehinside

Quote:

pot, meet kettle.

Old
06-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
pot, meet kettle.
Why would I take any of this personal, that makes no sense at all.

I just want a player that will help my team potentially win a cup, one that will be a key contributor in that aspect. I don't see Grigorenko as being key contributor in the NHL playoffs. You have less PP's, everything is let go and players have to battle for every inch of space on the ice, that goes against his biggest weakness.

Old
06-16-2012, 08:19 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Why would I take any of this personal, that makes no sense at all.

I just want a player that will help my team potentially win a cup, one that will be a key contributor in that aspect. I don't see Grigorenko as being key contributor in the NHL playoffs. You have less PP's, everything is let go and players have to battle for every inch of space on the ice, that goes against his biggest weakness.
I found your comment to Fisher ironic in that your remarks sound far more personal with your character assisinatoon of Grigs and using any argument you can muster, no matter how thin or irrelevant to try to bash him. Sounds A LOT more personal than you let on.

Closed Thread