HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

JVR Surgery Discussion (update post #356: No hip surgery for JVR, Holmgren confirms)

Old
06-15-2012, 02:53 PM
toughfighter83*

vCash: 500
the flyers oranization isnt lying, they are using things they are true maybe a couple of weeks ago and using it against the media because howard is close to the flyers oranization and knows everything about what they are going to do so homer uses something about jvr that's true to throw the media off.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Was that even english?

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:06 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
The hardest adjustment for Bryz wasn't the new team and higher pressure; it was learning how to play through brainfreeze.

McCrossin: Here Bryz, have another Slurpee.
Bryz: Please Jim, no more! My head...the pain is humongous big!
McCrossin: Drink it. DRINK IT!
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Bryzgalov having to flip his trapper off every 5 minutes to stick his thumb up on the roof of his mouth to undo the brain freeze.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:39 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernieparent View Post
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Bryzgalov having to flip his trapper off every 5 minutes to stick his thumb up on the roof of his mouth to undo the brain freeze.
does that work?!???!

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
does that work?!???!
Absolutely does.

06-15-2012, 08:42 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
the flyers oranization isnt lying, they are using things they are true maybe a couple of weeks ago and using it against the media because howard is close to the flyers oranization and knows everything about what they are going to do so homer uses something about jvr that's true to throw the media off.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:50 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:30 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Happy View Post
ah yes, i got 2 posts that have jvr obsessions for him.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
ah yes, i got 2 posts that have jvr obsessions for him.
No, you have 2 (now 3) posters who have no idea what it is that you're saying.

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
No, you have 2 (now 3) posters who have no idea what it is that you're saying.
You can probably make that 4...or simply revert to the 3 users and 11 guests who are viewing the thread....

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
You can probably make that 4...or simply revert to the 3 users and 11 guests who are viewing the thread....
I just ignore his posts. It takes too much time to translate, then once you've strained your mind to deduce what he was trying to say, you still walk away feeling dumber than you had before the endeavor.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:15 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I just ignore his posts. It takes too much time to translate, then once you've strained your mind to deduce what he was trying to say, you still walk away feeling dumber than you had before the endeavor.
what im saying is jvr was probably hurting from his hip after the flyers got knocked out and he was rehabing it for a few weeks before eskin knew about the bogus jvr is holding up a trade, homer probably found that the rumor was being leaked,

so homer comes up with different ways to keep the media off his back saying that he was holding up a trade which wasnt true, he has problems with his hip, it probably was true and was seeking surgical opinions at that time 2 or 3 weeks before the rumor was leaked by eskin, although jvr says he's fine now meaning he's healthy, then homer says now he doesnt need surgery, meaning he's on the block to get traded.

my point is homer wasnt lieing accept maybe for the hold up trade. he was just using jvr medical reports from a few weeks ago and used that report into the current article to throw them off about the trade rumor. so he can get it done without media interfering, you get it now?

Old
06-15-2012, 11:17 PM
feedingschennzy

Is the general consensus around here that any major trade occurs before the draft? And if not, can we assume a big UFA is in play.

Smaller thought im kicking around, how about Bob for San Jose Dman Douglas Murray?

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
Is the general consensus around here that any major trade occurs before the draft? And if not, can we assume a big UFA is in play.

Smaller thought im kicking around, how about Bob for San Jose Dman Douglas Murray?
Flyers would do it; San Jose wouldn't.

They have a couple of kids in the pipe at G, if I recall correctly.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:47 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Flyers would do it; San Jose wouldn't.

They have a couple of kids in the pipe at G, if I recall correctly.
They don't have much behind Thomas Griess and Niemi. Satari(spelling) I think is probably their best prospect for them in net. I am not sold on Griess either. He really hasn't showed all that much in his time in the NHL. Bob wouldn't be a bad option for them.

Also if we acquire Douglas Murray I would love to see this board. Yes he does play extremely physical and can clean the porch, but his foot speed is pretty bad. He has slowed down the last few years and gets beat wide sometimes. He would be a whipping boy I would guarantee it.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:56 AM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Has anyone entertained the thought that JvR might be in play with CBJ, but not for Nash...rather the 2nd overall pick?

Just a thought.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:36 AM
Left Circle OneTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab View Post
Has anyone entertained the thought that JvR might be in play with CBJ, but not for Nash...rather the 2nd overall pick?

Just a thought.
ANy one of the top 5 picks this year is woth more than JVR id say. Dont know why in the world columbus would trade that pick straight up for jvr. We would have to add.

Left Circle OneTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:40 AM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Disagree. A pick is a pick that hasn't even played a game in the AHL yet, let alone the NHL. JvR was a second overall pick and already has a few years of growth and development as well as shown what he can do when he is healthy and on his game.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:43 AM
Left Circle OneTimer

Quote:
Disagree. A pick is a pick that hasn't even played a game in the AHL yet, let alone the NHL. JvR was a second overall pick and already has a few years of growth and development as well as shown what he can do when he is healthy and on his game.
Sigh....

Care to read my post showing JVR up to this point in their careers (first 3 years, even worse considering JVR developed first for an extra 2 outside the league when the rest started in the nba) being the worse 2nd overall pick since 1999?

Left Circle OneTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 08:16 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
We really need to stop using his being a second round pick as if it puts him on another level. Benoit Pouliot was #4 in his draft year and he's on his third team and has mostly been a fringe player.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
We really need to stop using his being a second round pick as if it puts him on another level. Benoit Pouliot was #4 in his draft year and he's on his third team and has mostly been a fringe player.
So by that statement your are saying JVR is a bust? I am not ready to say that yet. However I have no problem with him being traded also. BTW your avatar sucks

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 09:40 AM
turkinaa

Quote:

Just a thought.
Coincidental? Let's trade a former 2nd overall pick for a 2nd overall pick. If the deal was larger (such as having Bob and our 1st) worse case scenario is we end up with a prospect who will be equal to or better than JVR. The problem would be CBJ giving up 2 early picks in back to back years to the same team. It would depend on how they want to rebuild.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 10:34 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
So by that statement your are saying JVR is a bust? I am not ready to say that yet. However I have no problem with him being traded also. BTW your avatar sucks
Bust? Not yet. But definitely a disappointment. This upcoming year is make or break for JVR. The skill set is there, but can he finally put it all together and honestly, I don't think he can. I hope he proves me wrong but I'm not holding my breath.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 10:37 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:

Just a thought.
Depends on Columbus's organization philosophy at the moment. If they feel that they need to get better immediately, meaning putting better players in skates NOW, they could swap their 2nd overall for something like JVR / Read / Rights to Bourdon. Gives them two strong wingers (almost a brand new line) and another defenseman who is ready to go now, instead of drafting someone who may take 2-3 years to jump into the mix. Maybe that isn't the combination they would want.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Depends on Columbus's organization philosophy at the moment. If they feel that they need to get better immediately, meaning putting better players in skates NOW, they could swap their 2nd overall for something like JVR / Read / Rights to Bourdon. Gives them two strong wingers (almost a brand new line) and another defenseman who is ready to go now, instead of drafting someone who may take 2-3 years to jump into the mix. Maybe that isn't the combination they would want.
It's not the combination we would want. It would make no sense for the Flyers.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote