HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tampa Bay Lightning Pre-Draft Analysis

Old
06-16-2012, 12:32 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Tampa Bay Lightning Pre-Draft Analysis

Hey Folks,

HF's Bob Mand wrote a comprehensive article on the Lightning and the upcoming Draft. I thought some of you might want to check it out...

Tampa Bay Lightning Draft Analysis

06-16-2012, 06:33 AM
newham89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Hey Folks,

HF's Bob Mand wrote a comprehensive article on the Lightning and the upcoming Draft. I thought some of you might want to check it out...

Tampa Bay Lightning Draft Analysis
Kind of a shame that yesterday's trade and the signing of helenius happened before you published this!

newham89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 09:23 AM
HoseEmDown

That looks like it was written before the season ended. Still talked about Roli, and Ohlund like they will be still playing. It didnt give the AHLers especially Tik more credit. Seems like some writers also hate on Aullie and are higher on Ashton, Boltsprospects ripped on him pretty good, I don't get the hate.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:11 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
That looks like it was written before the season ended. Still talked about Roli, and Ohlund like they will be still playing. It didnt give the AHLers especially Tik more credit. Seems like some writers also hate on Aullie and are higher on Ashton, Boltsprospects ripped on him pretty good, I don't get the hate.
Meh, they were really high on Ashton when he was traded for Aulie. There are some issues with Aulie's games for sure, but I think some of it comes from them pouting about Ashton being traded.

As far as the linked article goes, I don't see goaltending as Tampa's #1 draft need. Tampa needed NHL ready goaltending, not goaltending prospects. Tokarski/Janus/Nagle may not be the best group of goaltending prospects ever, but they are hardly our organizations biggest hole(PMDs are IMHO). The linked article seems to forget about Conacher when it talks about Tampa's lack of good LW prospects too.

Also there is this snippet from the article:
Quote:
Steven Stamkos, who has already hit 50 goals twice in five pro seasons.
He's only played 4 seasons, but it might have just been a typo.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:12 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
Meh, they were really high on Ashton when he was traded for Aulie. There are some issues with Aulie's games for sure, but I think some of it comes from them pouting about Ashton being traded.

As far as the linked article goes, I don't see goaltending as Tampa's #1 draft need. Tampa needed NHL ready goaltending, not goaltending prospects. Tokarski/Janus/Nagle may not be the best group of goaltending prospects ever, but they are hardly our organizations biggest hole(PMDs are IMHO). The linked article seems to forget about Conacher when it talks about Tampa's lack of good LW prospects too.

Also there is this snippet from the article:

He's only played 4 seasons, but it might have just been a typo.
The whole article doesn't seem that respectable so I'll take it with a grain of salt. I don't get the love for Ashton either, in 3 years since drafted he couldn't make the NHL for us and when he did with the Leafs didn't look great. He might have an NHL future but I see a bottom 6 with occasional 2nd line fill in, nothing special. Aullie looked respectable for us, and AHL. He needs work on his skating but all big D do, he's physical and a good stay at home D, it seems like it'll be a fair deal.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote