HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 17 : Dream Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I found your comment to Fisher ironic in that your remarks sound far more personal with your character assisinatoon of Grigs and using any argument you can muster, no matter how thin or irrelevant to try to bash him. Sounds A LOT more personal than you let on.
How is it a character assasination? That's how he plays the game. Ask any NHL scout.

Old
06-16-2012, 08:53 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
How is it a character assasination? That's how he plays the game. Ask any NHL scout.
It's one thing to say a player is a perimeter player or doesn't go into high traffic areas. That may be the way he plays the game. It's quite another thing to suggest that he's afraid to go into high traffic areas. Just sayin...

Old
06-16-2012, 09:03 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
It's one thing to say a player is a perimeter player or doesn't go into high traffic areas. That may be the way he plays the game. It's quite another thing to suggest that he's afraid to go into high traffic areas. Just sayin...
awh shucks guys, semantics,

If he's not going into those high traffic areas what does it matter when it comes to how it's phrased? He could be afraid or he likes his place on the half boards at the end of the day he still doesn't go to them and that's all that should matter

Old
06-16-2012, 09:17 AM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

Filip Forsberg will be our pick....

Old
06-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

From the sounds of it, Grigorenko will be our pick in my opinion.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Can't wait to be on part 20 or 21 where we will FINALLY talk about other prospects than the potential top 10...

Old
06-16-2012, 09:35 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Filip Forsberg will be our pick....
I'd be very happy with Forsberg. I think he's going to be one heck of a hockey player.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post

If he wasn't afraid to go in high traffic areas Roy would have coached him to go as that's where the pros score most of their goals.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

If you guys want a Dustin Brown kind of player, a guy that will give everything to is team, then Forsberg is the guy. However if you want a potential top 10 player in the NHL regular season, then Yakupov and Grigorenko are the guys. If you want a Brett Connolly(as I recall had a Hip flexor injury and was majorly picked high because of his CHL ROY award a year ago) then Galchenyuk is the guy. If you want a non flashy but effective dmen, go for Ryan Murray. Therefore, I stand my ground and I Want the Canadiens to draft Forsberg as he seems to be such a professionnal on and off the ice.

Btw, if you want to see Alyonka Larionov in Montreal, pick Galchenyuk or Yakupov lol

Old
06-16-2012, 09:58 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
1st - Galchenyuk
2nd - Samuelsson
2nd - Thrower
3rd - Bozon

If this is how we draft in the top 3 rounds I will be extremely happy
I don't think that Thrower & Bozon are going to last this long. Samuelsson on the other hand might be available around rank 51.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:14 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
If you guys want a Dustin Brown kind of player, a guy that will give everything to is team, then Forsberg is the guy. However if you want a potential top 10 player in the NHL regular season, then Yakupov and Grigorenko are the guys. If you want a Brett Connolly(as I recall had a Hip flexor injury and was majorly picked high because of his CHL ROY award a year ago) then Galchenyuk is the guy. If you want a non flashy but effective dmen, go for Ryan Murray. Therefore, I stand my ground and I Want the Canadiens to draft Forsberg as he seems to be such a professionnal on and off the ice.

Btw, if you want to see Alyonka Larionov in Montreal, pick Galchenyuk or Yakupov lol
What an awful comparison. The injury doesn't define the player. Marian Hossa got the same injury...

Old
06-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Mr Rogers

If Timmins can manage to grab Thrower at 33 followed by Jankowski in the 2nd I'd flip out

Old
06-16-2012, 10:30 AM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post

Biggest reason why I would advocate picking Galchenyuk and/or Yakupov.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Captain Saku

My top 3 picks if Yakupov is not available are:

1) Galchenyuk
2) Terevainen
3) Dumba

Old
06-16-2012, 11:30 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Actually most scouts have him at #1 or 2 which goes to show how distorted your view is.

EVERY player has short comings including your boy Galy but you chose to solely point out Grigs giving the impression that you do take it personally.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:36 AM
RE-HABS

If Gal is gone with Jackets pick, or if someone trades up for that pick the Habs will take Forsberg. But, if Murray is still on the table, Habs may take him. Not a need, but puts the Habs in a very good position for trades. We would have a lot of D depth that teams would be seeking in a trade.

Isles may want Murray too, Habs can tell them they are taking him, but will swap picks for an additional 2nd rounder.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:37 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Why would I take any of this personal, that makes no sense at all.

I just want a player that will help my team potentially win a cup, one that will be a key contributor in that aspect. I don't see Grigorenko as being key contributor in the NHL playoffs. You have less PP's, everything is let go and players have to battle for every inch of space on the ice, that goes against his biggest weakness.
You and all your "character assassination". What is your REAL motive here? You are working for the Galchenyuk campaign aren't you! He is right up there with Big Oil with the amount of lobbyists they have on the payroll.

How dare you echo what most scouts have been saying.

Anything bad against Grigorenko = Character Assassination. How sad it is to see some fans desperatly try and get in bed with roy they will chase his players to the detriment of the team they supposedly support.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:37 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
If he wasn't afraid to go in high traffic areas Roy would have coached him to go as that's where the pros score most of their goals.
Maybe going into the high traffic areas isn't his game. Many elite level forward in the NHL don't go into the dirty areas and are seen as franchise players. You keep harping on this point for some reason but fail to see its not his style of play. It's like harping on Markov for not shooting more on the PP or Price for not playing butterfly or Cole for not passing more often. It's not what they do!

Instead of constantly obsessing over this point why can't you see that he's a player who uses his size and reach to protect the puck and make room for his line mates who do go to the net to set them up or shoot. If every player went to the net who would pass them the puck!?

To properly utilize a player like Grigs you put him on a line with guys like Patches, Coles, Bourque (in theory) etc and let Grigs set them up when they go to the net and score the dirty goals. This is what DD does, Plex and on other teams Thorton, Spezza, Kopitar, Krejci etc etc etc. Why you keep bashing Grigs for not being the player YOU want him to be is really annoying and shows your lack of recognizing players strengths and weaknesses.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:38 AM
brunosevigny

I just hope (but I think too) Grigorenko will devellop in a dominant player. The bashing on a 18 years old kid with huge potential is just insane. You may think he will not translate to the NHL, but there is no way you can prove it.Everyone should just stop making bold statement and say he is a bust no matter what. Maybe I am too close to the remparts (yes I have my season ticket) but Grigorenko looks most of the time an incredible player. I also know is dedication to the game and his commitment to become a NHL player is not an issue. My prediction: A lot of you guys will be surprised with this kid developpement and will regret all the bashing you made on this kid.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:44 AM
RE-HABS

Grigs has the size and skill, two things you cannot teach. But, you cannot teach heart and desire either, two things that seem to be the biggest missing elements making him the #1 pick overall.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:45 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
If Gal is gone with Jackets pick, or if someone trades up for that pick the Habs will take Forsberg. But, if Murray is still on the table, Habs may take him. Not a need, but puts the Habs in a very good position for trades. We would have a lot of D depth that teams would be seeking in a trade.

Isles may want Murray too, Habs can tell them they are taking him, but will swap picks for an additional 2nd rounder.
A second is pretty high for 1 position higher. They'll call it a bluff. Maybe a 3rd would work.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:46 AM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
A second is pretty high for 1 position higher. They'll call it a bluff. Maybe a 3rd would work.
3rd overall + NSH 2nd for 4th overall + NYI 2nd?

Old
06-16-2012, 11:53 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
3rd overall + NSH 2nd for 4th overall + NYI 2nd?
Worth a try

Just have have to hope they trust we're picking Murray and they don't care about the other Ds available. You know the Isles always pick forwards when I want them to pick some defense.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:58 AM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Actually most scouts have him at #1 or 2 which goes to show how distorted your view is.

EVERY player has short comings including your boy Galy but you chose to solely point out Grigs giving the impression that you do take it personally.
You are living in a fantasy world if you think most scouts have Grigs in top 2, they had Grigs in the top 2 until they had a chance to see him play a full season.

Just wait until Monday when you see where he ends up on McKenzie's final list, can't wait for your excuse for Grigs dropping in his list.

Old
06-16-2012, 12:06 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
You are living in a fantasy world if you think most scouts have Grigs in top 2, they had Grigs in the top 2 until they had a chance to see him play a full season.

Just wait until Monday when you see where he ends up on McKenzie's final list, can't wait for your excuse for Grigs dropping in his list.
2012 LOTTERY EDITION DRAFT RANKING
Check TSN's Lottery Edition NHL draft rankings - a compilation based on input from various scouts around the National Hockey League.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=62636

NHL Central Scouting 2012 FINAL DRAFT RANKINGS

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=62970

I'm sorry, you were saying?

These are a consensus view of multiple NHL scouts, not one guy or two but MANY. The CONSENSUS view is that Grigs is top 3 talent in the draft. Don't like it, deal with it.

Jesus, you'd think I was the crazy one here. What's wrong with all these people saying Grigs isnt a top pick? I'm not making this up. I'm not a professional scout here but most who are think he is. If you don't believe me too bad, you're the one with the issues here, not me.

Closed Thread