HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Gomez: What's Being Done?

Old
06-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Zorba

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Wow, the voice of rationality, finally.
How is that the voice of rationality? Gomez is gone regardless on wether or not Betgevin picks up any UFAs or not! Where does he fit and play on this team? No where. Gomez is gone, thinking any other way is un rational

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 11:58 AM
hockeyfan2k11

As bad as Gomez is... Who's to say he doesn't get his **** together with a new coaching staff centering Gio and Patches?

Not sticking up for the guy, but playing Martin's chip and chase system rendered him completely useless. He's not that kind of player.

For the record, if I'm the Habs, I try to get rid of him by any means necessary. However, if he is kept, I don't think it's the end of the world.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:02 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
As bad as Gomez is... Who's to say he doesn't get his **** together with a new coaching staff centering Gio and Patches?

Not sticking up for the guy, but playing Martin's chip and chase system rendered him completely useless. He's not that kind of player.

For the record, if I'm the Habs, I try to get rid of him by any means necessary. However, if he is kept, I don't think it's the end of the world.
It is cap wise.... Bergevin must give new bigger contracts to Price and Subban. We still have Gio and Plekky and Markov and Kaberle with big contracts. Even Gorges signed a fat one. Bourque ain't cheap, too.

There is no place to fit him anymore on the payroll.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
yeah... Let's keep gomez and sign Kovy. We love entertainment and controversy.

My first three lines nex year ( with no priority)

Bourque - Gomez - Kovalev

Eller - DD - Cole

MaxPax - Plekky - Gionta
Bourque-Gomez-Kovalev line would be fun to watch.

By fun I mean eye-gouging bad.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Zorba

I just dont get some posters saying that it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring Gomez back! How is it a good idea to keep him? The guy is finished, he's godawful. His stats aren't misleading. Hes had 2 horrendous years and is sucking up cap. There's ZERO chance he is back

Old
06-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
I just dont get some posters saying that it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring Gomez back! How is it a good idea to keep him? The guy is finished, he's godawful. His stats aren't misleading. Hes had 2 horrendous years and is sucking up cap. There's ZERO chance he is back
Yesterday Michel Therrien said that he expected Scott Gomez to be at training camp next season. So what you are saying is totally irrelevant. That is unless Geoff Molson tells Marc Bergevin to ship him to Europe.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Bourque-Gomez-Kovalev line would be fun to watch.

By fun I mean eye-gouging bad.
Try

Laraque - Gomez - Kovalev

Old
06-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Yesterday Michel Therrien said that he expected Scott Gomez to be at training camp next season. So what you are saying is totally irrelevant. That is unless Geoff Molson tells Marc Bergevin to ship him to Europe.
I call BS. What u want Therrien to say? Of course he will be at camp. Then sent to Hamilton. There's zero chance he wears a Habs jersey next year

Old
06-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Issacar

Therrien said that no one in the organization told him anything about Gomez. Also, i'd prefer to see Gomez playing with the Canadiens then Hamilton. We don't need him to polute our prospects.

Also, it seems pretty BS when THerrien spent the whole year on RDS saying "a coach job is to pull out the best out of every player" and said the same thing yesterday. So basically put, if what he said yesterday was BS, then his whole mentality is BS and shouldn't be an NHL coach to begin with.

IF he's not going to play for the Canadiens next season, send him in Europe, but for the love of God, don't send him with the Bulldogs.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Therrien said that no one in the organization told him anything about Gomez. Also, i'd prefer to see Gomez playing with the Canadiens then Hamilton. We don't need him to polute our prospects.

Also, it seems pretty BS when THerrien spent the whole year on RDS saying "a coach job is to pull out the best out of every player" and said the same thing yesterday. So basically put, if what he said yesterday was BS, then his whole mentality is BS and shouldn't be an NHL coach to begin with.

IF he's not going to play for the Canadiens next season, send him in Europe, but for the love of God, don't send him with the Bulldogs.
Can't have his cap hit and zero production on this team. Buyout makes no sense. Who Sais a euro club would want him. Gomez might be a terrible, godawful player now but had never been a bad teammate. I don't think he would cause any problems in Hamilton. He has 10 million reasons not too

Old
06-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Issacar

His cap hit is a non-factor, it's not like a worthwhile 7M$ player would pop out of nowhere once he's gone.

No matter his attitude, he is entitled to those 10M$. He could be sitting in Alaska watching 82 Canadiens game next seasons and still rack that money. It's not even a factor of what his attitude could or could not be. Don't forget that his contract his garanteed for the next 2 seasons, he could be the worst piece of **** ever and the team still would have to give him the money.

Old
06-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Teufelsdreck

We'll have to Wait and wait and wait and wait until his contract expires.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
We'll have to Wait and wait and wait and wait until his contract expires.
"Only" 2 more seasons to wait lol

Old
06-16-2012, 03:06 PM
puckeater

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who says Gomez WILL NOT be in a Habs uniform next season. Also, Bergevin is going to take a hard run at Alex Semin.

puckeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:23 PM
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO

vCash: 204
Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
Are you guys serious with the laraque, gomez, bourqe lines ? lol

dkdanielkli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:23 PM
habsfanatics

I see np with keeping him now. We aren't a contender anyways and spending unwisely on UFA's to put us back in 8th-10th is completely unnecessary and maybe even counter-productive.

I would keep him, hope his game bounces back, if not, oh well, we're going nowhere anyways.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I see np with keeping him now. We aren't a contender anyways and spending unwisely on UFA's to put us back in 8th-10th is completely unnecessary and maybe even counter-productive.

I would keep him, hope his game bounces back, if not, oh well, we're going nowhere anyways.
It would give us the opportunity to draft a real gem in Nathan MacKinnon too.

Old
06-16-2012, 03:26 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:

Why do people keep talking about how he'd pollute the prospects? Or be a cancer?

Every single thing I've ever seen or heard talks about Gomez being a great teammate. If he was put on waivers it would mean no team claimed him, if he went to Hamilton. So how could he fault the Habs for that?

And why do we just presume he'd be a malcontent? Seems kind of presumptuous and kind of unfair to G-Love.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
Are you guys serious with the laraque, gomez, bourqe lines ? lol
No but we're damn serious about the Laraque - Gomez - Kovalev line though

Old
06-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Why do people keep talking about how he'd pollute the prospects? Or be a cancer?

Every single thing I've ever seen or heard talks about Gomez being a great teammate. If he was put on waivers it would mean no team claimed him, if he went to Hamilton. So how could he fault the Habs for that?

And why do we just presume he'd be a malcontent? Seems kind of presumptuous and kind of unfair to G-Love.
Do you seriously expect him to enter the Bulldogs locker room in the best of spirit and have the willingness to put up with his situation?

If he was so much of a good teammate, why don't anyone wants to play with him anymore in the Habs line up? Sure in front of the camera his teammates won't trash him.

I've been one of his biggest defender and been saying how he was a good teammate in the past too. But for how long can you joke around and have fun when you lack any kind of success? Is there a point where he becomes serious and focus on what he has to do?

Even if he's not in a bad mood with the Bulldogs, what will he show the young players? To be a bunch of goofs and be complacent on the ice despite lack of success?

Old
06-16-2012, 03:41 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Do you seriously expect him to enter the Bulldogs locker room in the best of spirit and have the willingness to put up with his situation?

If he was so much of a good teammate, why don't anyone wants to play with him anymore in the Habs line up? Sure in front of the camera his teammates won't trash him.

I've been one of his biggest defender and been saying how he was a good teammate in the past too. But for how long can you joke around and have fun when you lack any kind of success? Is there a point where he becomes serious and focus on what he has to do?

Even if he's not in a bad mood with the Bulldogs, what will he show the young players? To be a bunch of goofs and be complacent on the ice despite lack of success?
I wouldn't presume to know how a person I've never met will, or won't act in a less than ideal situation like that.

Neither should you. But who am I to tell you what to do, go on acting as though it's a fact that he'd be a negative influence in Hamilton. All the power to you.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
I wouldn't presume to know how a person I've never met will, or won't act in a less than ideal situation like that.

Neither should you. But who am I to tell you what to do, go on acting as though it's a fact that he'd be a negative influence in Hamilton. All the power to you.
I agree with you, I hate to play the psychologist myself and despite how I formulate my sentences, I don't believe that he'll necessarily be a bad influence in Hamilton. However I just believes that the risk are too high for the long term run to make such a move, if the Canadiens are to win a Stanley Cup within the next 10 years, it will be due to the flock of prospects who are joining the Bulldogs this year and I hate the idea of jeopardizing their future...

On the other hand, he could just go to the Bulldogs and be happy to play for a team with no pressure at all whatsoever and be willing to be a good mentor for his younger teammates...

Either way, I usually end up going with what the decision makers have decided to do because there's not much I can do myself

Old
06-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
What? Of course you can ban him from attending camp. You say: Don't come to camp.
Well, there will indeed be a new CBA and possibly even a work stoppage prior to that, with an interruption to camps. So who knows how things will work in the future. But you couldn't have said that under the terms of the old CBA, could you?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 06:18 PM
coolasprICE

Scott Gomez must not return.

If he does return I will take advantage of my 45,000 twitter followers and organize a large protest outside the bell centre.

This isn't about being anti-mexican, it's about winning.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Scott Gomez must not return.

If he does return I will take advantage of my 45,000 twitter followers and organize a large protest outside the bell centre.

This isn't about being anti-mexican, it's about winning.

did that with Kovalev, moved on...