HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Who do you play with Huberdeau?

Old
06-15-2012, 05:16 PM
luby3131

vCash: 500
Who do you play with Huberdeau?

I'm wondering who you would put on a line with Huberdeau this year. Do you start him at center or on the wing?

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:25 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Wing with Upshall and the mystery 2nd line center.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 06:10 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Wing with Upshall and the mystery 2nd line center.

This guy?

angry_treefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Catsfan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post

This guy?

And this guy on the right?

Catsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:10 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:

This guy?
Help... he's staring into my soul.

OT: If I could I would play him with Parise. lol

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:47 PM
FrolikFan67

i'd love to get a #1 center so weiss can center him on the 2nd line, huberdeau on lw and upshall on rw. but as of right now itd have to be goc or a new center with upshall on the rw and huberdeau on the lw. santos said he can play all 3 forward positions, so even though i'd prefer him at lw, we know we "could" play him at center, tho i'd prefer not to play him there, i'd rather just keep him at wing, either lw or rw. but he'll be on the 2nd line regardless most likely

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:07 AM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Quote:

This guy?
I am more in favor of this idea with each passing day.

StrangeVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:18 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
I am more in favor of this idea with each passing day.
Me too

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 07:36 AM
ShootIt

I think Upshall is just about a lock to be opposite of Huberdeau due to his gritty play and willing to drop gloves if they make runs at our star prospect.
At center, it will be either Stoll or Jokinen.
If Stoll's agent doesn't ask for the moon I think we'll sign him to a 2-3 year deal around 3.25-3.5 million a year.
He can replace Garrison's powerful cannon on the pp. can win face offs and seems like a player Tallon would like to acquire for our younger guys

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 09:32 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Ignoring personality issues, I think Jokinen centering Upshall & Huberdeau seems a good mix of skills. You'll need to put the kid with some veterans who can shield him.

Jokinen can handle the defensive responsibilities of the center position and benefit from Huberdeau's playmaking skills by putting his (hopefully still) world class shot to use.

Upshall brings the sandpaper, but can score and benefit from #11 skills as well. He can provide some physical protection - not a big guy but not afraid to get in someone's face if someone decides to take liberties.

Fleischmann-Weiss-Versteeg
Huberdeau-Jokinen-Upshall
Bergenheim-Goc-Samuelsson

I think that's a very respectable top 9. Dineen could roll those three line's pretty evenly through a game.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Ignoring personality issues, I think Jokinen centering Upshall & Huberdeau seems a good mix of skills. You'll need to put the kid with some veterans who can shield him.

Jokinen can handle the defensive responsibilities of the center position and benefit from Huberdeau's playmaking skills by putting his (hopefully still) world class shot to use.

Upshall brings the sandpaper, but can score and benefit from #11 skills as well. He can provide some physical protection - not a big guy but not afraid to get in someone's face if someone decides to take liberties.

I think that's a very respectable top 9. Dineen could roll those three line's pretty evenly through a game.
Yeah, sounds good, except when did Olli become defensively sound?

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:

Not a bad write-up, but I'd still like to see Upshall unloaded. He's our highest paid forward but has never scored more than 32 points. If we can shed that contract we can get a sandpaper two-way forward much cheaper to play opposite Huberdeau.

Interestingly enough, I'm most excited about that third line. I think they can all put up 40 points each if they play a whole season together and stay healthy, each bringing their own strengths in all three zones.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 11:38 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Not a bad write-up, but I'd still like to see Upshall unloaded. He's our highest paid forward but has never scored more than 32 points. If we can shed that contract we can get a sandpaper two-way forward much cheaper to play opposite Huberdeau.

Interestingly enough, I'm most excited about that third line. I think they can all put up 40 points each if they play a whole season together and stay healthy, each bringing their own strengths in all three zones.
I'm nitpicking, but...

1. Fleisch is highest paid at 4.5 - Upshall is 2nd at 3.5 - will be 3rd after Versteeg signing

2. His highest is 34 points twice... not that it affects your argument at all

I wouldn't be upset if Tallon moves him, but I think he's a guy who will earn that coin this coming season. Guys like him prove their worth with things that are off the scoresheet.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:51 AM
RainingRats

I'd put Jokinen as the center and Samuelson on his wing. Upshall is not a top 6 player. The puck possession that Hubs and Sammy could maintain would free up big shots from the point and Jokinen to capitalize on slick passes from either wing.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Versteeg moved "down" to play with Hubs as he's one of the better finishers on the team.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:00 PM
I May Be Wrong
Could Be Right?

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
What's nice about this is that Huberdeau is such an offensive catalyst on his own that it opens up so many potential options for our team, which is huge in its own right. I am loving a lot of these potential lines.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:42 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I think Upshall is just about a lock to be opposite of Huberdeau due to his gritty play and willing to drop gloves if they make runs at our star prospect.
At center, it will be either Stoll or Jokinen.
If Stoll's agent doesn't ask for the moon I think we'll sign him to a 2-3 year deal around 3.25-3.5 million a year.
Agreed, but I don't think DT goes after Stoll. He's just off a SC win, and looking for that big payday. He'll get IMO at least 4 million, and I don't think DT is ready to overpay again this summer. The players that he's going to acquire are those who want to be here and show that by taking what Tallon is ready to offer.

Quote:
Agreed, but IMO Sammy won't be back. It's Kopecky or Skille on his spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Yeah, sounds good, except when did Olli become defensively sound?
During the last two years in Calgary, he's sacrificed a lot of his offense for a better two-way play. His point production is still there, but with more of a defensive responsible game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Upshall is pretty much below league average in salary when it comes down to those kind of players, when you look at the money thrown around the league these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Upshall is not a top 6 player.
I disagree. While he's not your prototypical high scorer or playmaker, he brings a lot to the table with his hustle. Basically the same kind of a player as Bergy, with less succees last year.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
I'd put Jokinen as the center and Samuelson on his wing. Upshall is not a top 6 player. The puck possession that Hubs and Sammy could maintain would free up big shots from the point and Jokinen to capitalize on slick passes from either wing.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Versteeg moved "down" to play with Hubs as he's one of the better finishers on the team.
Agreed. To add to that, Jokinen needs playmaking to set him up. He's not a great playmaker so he needs to be the finisher on his line. Huby is nice, but it would be even better if he had Sammy setting him up as well. Upshall has never been nor will he ever be confused with a playmaker. Having Upshall and Jokinen on the same line puts tremendous pressure on Huby to pass all the time. Having Sammy on RW frees up everybody a lot more.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:11 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Agreed, but IMO Sammy won't be back. It's Kopecky or Skille on his spot.
Or Wellwood.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

With Parise.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:06 PM
RainingRats

Quote:

I disagree. While he's not your prototypical high scorer or playmaker, he brings a lot to the table with his hustle. Basically the same kind of a player as Bergy, with less succees last year.
Upshall has no track record of being a top 6 player. He's a good third line guy who can play a physical game and chip in some goals. He'd be playing out of position on the second line.

Old
06-16-2012, 04:08 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Agreed. To add to that, Jokinen needs playmaking to set him up. He's not a great playmaker so he needs to be the finisher on his line. Huby is nice, but it would be even better if he had Sammy setting him up as well. Upshall has never been nor will he ever be confused with a playmaker. Having Upshall and Jokinen on the same line puts tremendous pressure on Huby to pass all the time. Having Sammy on RW frees up everybody a lot more.
Exactly. Hubs could learn a lot from Sammy with regards to patience with the puck at the NHL level. That could be a really solid line. I'd expect Jokinen to put up at least 25 goals.

Old
06-16-2012, 05:15 PM
p9ers

Quote:
Exactly. Hubs could learn a lot from Sammy with regards to patience with the puck at the NHL level. That could be a really solid line. I'd expect Jokinen to put up at least 25 goals.
Plus Sammy could help on the powerplay if G52 is not back.

p9ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 10:25 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

My little experience watching Hubs leads me to believe that his best attributes are his vision and deft passing. So I would want him on a line with someone who can find an open piece of ice and put in a lot of one timers. The only person on our team that fits that description imo is Versteeg. Id probably add Goc or Matthias to center them to add some size to the line, probably Goc. I dont think hes an ideal center for them, but were kinda short in that department right now.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 12:21 AM
CanadianPantherFan

I'm totally in the camp for Sammy coming back if Olli is signed here to be on the 2nd line...move Upshall out in a Luongo deal possibly. Sammy impressed me so much with his puck patience. We have not had a skilled forward with his offensive qualities in years. I'm pretty certain Sammy would buy back into this team if Tallon told him his linemates would be Olli and Huberdeau next season.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:53 PM
IceManCat
Tank Disarmed

Fleishman- Weiss- Versteeg

Kopecky- Huberdeau- Sammy

Bergenheim- Goc- Upshall

Skille - Smithson- Mathias

Last edited by IceManCat: 06-23-2012 at 06:49 PM.
IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote