HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

(CHI) Hjalmarsson for Smith (OTT)

Old
06-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Sarava

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
We are in dire need of a quality bottom six center. Those usually don't cost a decent #4 defenseman. I'd want a quality asset coming back with Smith if that was the case.
I agree and if they are willing to throw in Puempel, then I think it makes this work.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:24 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
I know toronto was EXTREMELY high on puempel at the draft.

Why dont we throw bozak into the trade somewhere for puempel?
Okay, first, this thread has nothing to do with your team, so why are you even in it?
Second, no, we like Puempel too, that's why we traded up and took him away from you. Trade him now for a useless Bozak... why? Who is Bozak going to beat out down the middle : Spezza? Turris? Zibanejad? Foligno (plays mostly wing but is a natural center)? He wouldn't be ahead of any of these guys, and likely not even Smith.

I think you forgot the .

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Sureves

Well I'll say this, at least hockeybuzz identified an area of need for both teams that makes sense...that's better than they usually manage .

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Okay, first, this thread has nothing to do with your team, so why are you even in it?
Second, no, we like Puempel too, that's why we traded up and took him away from you. Trade him now for a useless Bozak... why? Who is Bozak going to beat out down the middle : Spezza? Turris? Zibanejad? Foligno (plays mostly wing but is a natural center)? He wouldn't be ahead of any of these guys, and likely not even Smith.

I think you forgot the .
First of all, no need to be rude.

2nd of all, the post I quoted said that one of the team required a 3rd line centerman and was iffy on taking puempel as a return. So I merely suggested that Bozak is a good 2nd/3rd line center, and Toronto wouldnt mind taking puempel as a return, So perhaps Toronto could enter as a 3rd team mediator. And in terms of bozak beating out people that you listed, The only person I cant say at this point he is not better than is Spezza, he is probobly as good if not better right now as turris albeit Turris has more upside. If you dont know anything about the player, why speak.

Bozak - 47pt 73gp

Spezza - 84pt 80gp
Turris- 29pt 55gp
Zibanejad - 1pt 9gp
smith - 26pt 81gp

I stand by my argument. Bozak is a solid #2 centerman.
Get off your high horse.

Last edited by Paladin2799: 06-16-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Ricky Bobby

Chicago spent all last season trying to find another dman and eventually landed Oduya at the deadline. I highly doubt they're now looking to take away from the depth they've got on D.

Hjalmarsson isn't overpaid. He gets paid what # 4 dman go for these days.

Chicago also has a lot of cap space.

If anything I see Chicago trying to sign one of Langkow, Stoll, Hecht, Arnott, Gaustad or Moore to a 1 or 2 year deal before trading for Smith whose potential tops out as an average third liner.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Quote:
I know toronto was EXTREMELY high on puempel at the draft.

Why dont we throw bozak into the trade somewhere for puempel?
If they were that high, they would have drafted him. Doesn't mean they didn't want him, but I think they were ok not getting him.

Anyways, no way Ottawa does this. We could sign Barret Jackman without losing Puempel or Smith. I don't mind giving up Smith, but Puempel on top of that, is a huge overpayment for Hjammer.

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:54 PM
MAK19

Quote:

2nd of all, the post I quoted said that one of the team required a 3rd line centerman and was iffy on taking puempel as a return. So I merely suggested that Bozak is a good 2nd/3rd line center, and Toronto wouldnt mind taking puempel as a return, So perhaps Toronto could enter as a 3rd team mediator. And in terms of bozak beating out people that you listed, The only person I cant say at this point he is not better than is Spezza, he is probobly as good if not better right now as turris albeit Turris has more upside. If you dont know anything about the player, why speak.

Bozak - 47pt 73gp

Spezza - 84pt 80gp
Turris- 29pt 55gp
Zibanejad - 1pt 9gp
smith - 26pt 81gp

Get off your high horse.
Agreed Bozak is a solid #2 C, on a terrible team. He put up those numbers playing with 2 point per game wingers, most #2 centres don't have that luxury. In reality Bozak 2nd/3rd line tweener. Not the ideal guy to have centering your 2nd line. Could do the trick for Chicago though with Toews and Bolland there.

MAK19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Unless the pick is a 1st rounder ,, The value is terrible for Hawks (Hockeybuzz rumor)

Unless they go after Suter (And get him) with the free cap room

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:01 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:

Bozak - 47pt 73gp

Spezza - 84pt 80gp
Turris- 29pt 55gp
Zibanejad - 1pt 9gp
smith - 26pt 81gp

Get off your high horse.
This comparison has so many flaws. Why compare Bozak to Zibanejad? He played 9 games as an 18 year old getting 3rd line minutes for the most part. Kyle Turris came into the season with no training camp and hadn't played for months. Smith is a 3rd line center who is 2 years younger than Tyler Bozak. And he is obviously no where the the caliber of Jason Spezza.

The Sens won't be trading with Toronto any time soon, especially a deal focused around a former CHL player of the year who was sought after by the Leafs in the draft for another (arguably) 2nd line center (see Ottawa's centers: Spezza, Turris, Smith, O'Brien, Zibanejad, etc.).

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:11 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

I like the proposal in the OP. Hjalmarsson would be a solid partner for Karlsson IMO, and while it would suck to lose Smitty, the impact would be lessened with the arrival of Zibanejad.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
I like the proposal in the OP. Hjalmarsson would be a solid partner for Karlsson IMO, and while it would suck to lose Smitty, the impact would be lessened with the arrival of Zibanejad.
Why would you give up on Puempel less then a year after he was drafted? Last I looked he was having quality year as prospect

OP deal isn't terrible

Old
06-16-2012, 01:20 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Why would you give up on Puempel less then a year after he was drafted? Last I looked he was having quality year as prospect

OP deal isn't terrible
I'm not personally a fan of moving Puempel, but I believe the mentality comes from thinking that a player such as Hjalmarsson has a potentially stronger chance of having a greater impact than both Smith or Puempel. It also addresses a team need right now and for the distant future.

I still don't know I feel about this proposal as I myself haven't seen too much of Hjalmarsson to make a distinct judgement.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:26 PM
benjiv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

OP deal isn't terrible
Not really giving up on Puempel, I just understand you have to give to get and I'm pretty convinced we drafted him just to piss off Burke. JK

Ottawa is also dead set on drafting a goalie at some point in the draft, the 2nd Round pick coming back would allow Ottawa to pick one of the better ones.

Here's how it broke down in my head:

Hjalmarsson > Smith
Puempel>2nd Round Pick

And the 3rd round pick is to sweeten the deal.

benjiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
Source:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...Time/128/44979

I'm an Ottawa fan, so I have no idea if this guy is legit, but what does Ottawa have to add?

Ott:
Hjalmarsson
48th Overall Pick (2012)

Chi:
Smith
Puempel
82nd Overall Pick (2012)

Too much? Too Little?
Now you're adding Puempel too? Tremendous overpayment by Ott and the trade makes no sense for them even if it's just Smith and a pick.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:56 PM
hfboardsuser

----

Last edited by hfboardsuser: 07-15-2012 at 01:02 AM.
hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Agreed Bozak is a solid #2 C, on a terrible team. He put up those numbers playing with 2 point per game wingers, most #2 centres don't have that luxury. In reality Bozak 2nd/3rd line tweener. Not the ideal guy to have centering your 2nd line. Could do the trick for Chicago though with Toews and Bolland there.
I agree completely. The idea wasnt for ottawa to pick up bozak, but to play middleman to make chicago stronger now if they didnt want puempel right now.

Toews-Bozak-Bolland-Smith. That is a very solid down the middle. Lots of two way smarts, and your bottom six is strong. Since most people are saying Ott overpays here, what would Ott want back if toronto is sending bozak to chi, picking up puempel.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
This comparison has so many flaws. Why compare Bozak to Zibanejad? He played 9 games as an 18 year old getting 3rd line minutes for the most part. Kyle Turris came into the season with no training camp and hadn't played for months. Smith is a 3rd line center who is 2 years younger than Tyler Bozak. And he is obviously no where the the caliber of Jason Spezza.

The Sens won't be trading with Toronto any time soon, especially a deal focused around a former CHL player of the year who was sought after by the Leafs in the draft for another (arguably) 2nd line center (see Ottawa's centers: Spezza, Turris, Smith, O'Brien, Zibanejad, etc.).
See the post I just made. I wasnt arguing that Ottawa should be trading for bozak, and my comparison was to counter the argument that bozak wouldnt find a place in ottawa when clearly he would battle for #2 with turris. My argument was that toronto could be a 3rd wheel.

Old
06-16-2012, 02:00 PM
MagicSlap*

As a Hawks fan I just can't say yes, even if a guy like Puempel or the 1st is added to it. Reason? Hawks just can't trade away Hammer, he's our only legit 2nd pairing guy and we can't afford to lose him. Smith would be great and is just what we need but the addins just don't help us now which is the timeline the Hawks should be on.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Kershaw

If Ottawa adds a pick or a good prospect, this would be a fair trade for both sides.

Smith is a really good competitor and has been impressive ever since being called up from Binghamton. He is a guy that can easily finish with 700+ career games.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Lukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
I didn't know hits won hockey games.
That comment speaks volume of your hockey knowledge.

Lukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:05 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

When did Hjalmarsson become a top 4 D, I thought he was playing the 3rd pairing with the Hawks.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MagicSlap*

Also, JJ is a tool so I wouldn't take anything he says seriously

Old
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
When did Hjalmarsson become a top 4 D, I thought he was playing the 3rd pairing with the Hawks.
He's been a top 4 d man since the year of the Cup run

Old
06-16-2012, 02:11 PM
hfboardsuser

----

Last edited by hfboardsuser: 07-15-2012 at 01:02 AM.
hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Also, JJ is a tool so I wouldn't take anything he says seriously
Surprised he didn't find a way to throw Kane into the deal

Given how he has wanted Kane off Hawks for years