HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs would like to keep Moen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2012, 02:41 PM
  #26
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
There's no way you are going to keep him at 1M$ lol. About 90% of the NHL teams would fights each otehrs to sign him at 3M$/season.
True, but if he likes it here so much.

Either way, 2 mill or less is fine. Anything more and he can go.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:41 PM
  #27
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Priorities changed.. hmmm..

1. Moen
X. Price
Y. Subban
Bergevin has been in negotiations with Price and Subban

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:43 PM
  #28
BigTime
Registered User
 
BigTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
I'd love to see him back.

If only Bergevin can add some guys to have a somewhat offensive 3rd line, he would be a perfect physical/shutdown 4th liner and Pker. And he can obviously play on the 3rd line if there are injuries (and there will be, sadly).
this sums it up perfectly

BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:43 PM
  #29
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
True, but if he likes it here so much.

Either way, 2 mill or less is fine. Anything more and he can go.
Quick question, if you could earn 3M$ instead of 1M$, why would you earn 2M$ less? I'm pretty sure he would like any city where he would play. It's not like outside of Montréal or the Canadiens, the rest of the NHL is garbage. Also he probably have a better shot at winning another Stanley Cup anywhere else.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:44 PM
  #30
JSBach
Registered User
 
JSBach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Size and grit, things we desperately need. It's getting better with Eller and Patch, but I would still agree with the signing.

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:44 PM
  #31
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
True, but if he likes it here so much.

Either way, 2 mill or less is fine. Anything more and he can go.
And yet, Randy Jones was given 4M$/per year

Chris Kelly 3M$ per year.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:47 PM
  #32
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
And yet, Randy Jones was given 4M$/per year

Chris Kelly 3M$ per year.
Dustin Brown signed for 3.25. Vokoun signed for 2 mill. People take pay cuts to stay where they like and/or win.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:50 PM
  #33
Subban76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Dustin Brown signed for 3.25. Vokoun signed for 2 mill. People take pay cuts to stay where they like and/or win.
To be fair, Brown signed that contract years ago when the cap was much lower and he had RFA years in there, lowering the cap hit. The other guys are UFAs and the cap is much higher. Not the same.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:56 PM
  #34
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Dustin Brown signed for 3.25. Vokoun signed for 2 mill. People take pay cuts to stay where they like and/or win.
Dustin Brown signed his contract 4 years ago. Completely different situation.

Tomas Vokoun is 35 year old, given that last season he struggled just to find a contract, I'm sure he jumped at the first occasion to get a roster spot somewhere. Again, completely different situation.

I agree that some players that takes pay cuts to stay where they like (Andrei Markov is a good example). But 2M$ is alot of money for a guy like Moen. I don't know him personally, so I will only believe that he's ready to take a 2M$ cut on his contract once he agrees to said contract. If I was in his position, I'd try my luck elsewhere for a juicier contract.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:57 PM
  #35
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012
 
RaMMuT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Palestine
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
I'd keep a guy like that for 3 more years. He works in a farm so the guy is a physical beast.

Moen is a big guy that can play physical, can drop the gloves, and will adapt to any line you put him in whether it's 1st or 4th line.

I'd like to see him play with Eller and Leblanc next year

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:02 PM
  #36
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Dustin Brown signed for 3.25. Vokoun signed for 2 mill. People take pay cuts to stay where they like and/or win.
Brown signed that contract 4 yaers ago, I'm sure he'll get a big far raise his next contract unless his play deteriorates. If he was coming up on UFA status he'd be re-signing around 5-5.5/year.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:03 PM
  #37
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Dustin Brown signed his contract 4 years ago. Completely different situation.

Tomas Vokoun is 35 year old, given that last season he struggled just to find a contract, I'm sure he jumped at the first occasion to get a roster spot somewhere. Again, completely different situation.

I agree that some players that takes pay cuts to stay where they like (Andrei Markov is a good example). But 2M$ is alot of money for a guy like Moen. I don't know him personally, so I will only believe that he's ready to take a 2M$ cut on his contract once he agrees to said contract. If I was in his position, I'd try my luck elsewhere for a juicier contract.
He struggled to find a contract ?

When he signed with Washington for 1.5 (might be a bit more, or less) everyone was completely shocked he signed for so little. I think he even signed on day 1 of free agency, or the 2nd day. Certainly didnt struggle.

1 mill would be great, 2 mill could be what he gets, or both sides agree on 1.5

If Moen were to leave, then he'd get a raise for sure. However, you have to take into account the fact that these people have to uproot their families to go to another city.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:06 PM
  #38
habscup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
I'd keep a guy like that for 3 more years. He works in a farm so the guy is a physical beast.

Hahah he does't work in a farm dude, he's a hockey player.

habscup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:08 PM
  #39
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Hahah he does't work in a farm dude, he's a hockey player.
He spends his offseason on a farm.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:09 PM
  #40
JSBach
Registered User
 
JSBach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Hahah he does't work in a farm dude, he's a hockey player.
Bobby Hull was known for working on his farm during the offseason. Bobby Hull was a hockey player.


JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:10 PM
  #41
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He struggled to find a contract ?

When he signed with Washington for 1.5 (might be a bit more, or less) everyone was completely shocked he signed for so little. I think he even signed on day 1 of free agency, or the 2nd day. Certainly didnt struggle.

1 mill would be great, 2 mill could be what he gets, or both sides agree on 1.5

If Moen were to leave, then he'd get a raise for sure. However, you have to take into account the fact that these people have to uproot their families to go to another city.
Yes Vokoun struggled to find a contract. Most teams fixed their goaltending situation already by then (Colorado acquired Varlamov and signed Giguère, Tampa reisgned Roloson and Garon thinking they had a good combo, Flyers had their hands full of Bryzgalov and the Coyotes had already acquried Mike Smith).

You are taking Vokoun's contract out of context.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...less-than-ilya

Pretty sure Moen wouldn't agree for 1M$, 1.5M$ or even 2M$. Compare him to same age players who earns that much and you'll quickly realize that Moen has nothing to do with those.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:12 PM
  #42
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,614
vCash: 500
Bobby Hull was a beast.

Travis Moen is one of the highest regarded bottom six players in the NHL and Montreal fans have been usually delusional on their opinions about him. Just about every NHL would love to have him. I know the Red Wings highly covet him. If I was Bergevin I'd give him three+ years for sure. He'll always be a useful bottom six player. The only thing stopping him is a bad injury and I think he'll easily rebound from his recent one.

Probably give him a three or four year contract, pay him around $2.5M.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:15 PM
  #43
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,943
vCash: 500
With the cap possibly getting higher, I wouldn't mind keeping him for 6-7M ish over 3 years.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:18 PM
  #44
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
With the cap possibly getting higher, I wouldn't mind keeping him for 6-7M ish over 3 years.
The cap is said to be increased at 70M$, but some insiders actually believes the new CBA will make the cap lower, around 10 teams can't afford the floor cap as it is right now, rising it up higher only adds to their financial burden.

But I understand that it was a troll post.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:19 PM
  #45
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
I'd keep a guy like that for 3 more years. He works in a farm so the guy is a physical beast.

Moen is a big guy that can play physical, can drop the gloves, and will adapt to any line you put him in whether it's 1st or 4th line.

I'd like to see him play with Eller and Leblanc next year
I say meh to that. The guy doesn't fight, he survives fighting, big difference. Sure he can adapt but that's because he's not particularly good at anything. He has to.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:21 PM
  #46
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
The cap is said to be increased at 70M$, but some insiders actually believes the new CBA will make the cap lower, around 10 teams can't afford the floor cap as it is right now, rising it up higher only adds to their financial burden.

But I understand that it was a troll post.
Isaacar, I believe if the cap is drastically lowered it will come with a rollback on player salaries.

I think it's a certainty there's a lockout next season, hopefully it doesn't last the whole season...

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:22 PM
  #47
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,232
vCash: 500
I'm sorry and I'm a huge Travis Moen fan and I really what he bring to the team, but no way he gets 3 million.

Name me a list of comparables players that earn 3 millions...

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:23 PM
  #48
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I say meh to that. The guy doesn't fight, he survives fighting, big difference. Sure he can adapt but that's because he's not particularly good at anything. He has to.
Moen is a very good fighter, will never look out of place against anyone. Two years ago he destroyed Chris Neil in pre-season, he never looked bad against anyone. To me he's better than Staubitz.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:25 PM
  #49
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I say meh to that. The guy doesn't fight, he survives fighting, big difference. Sure he can adapt but that's because he's not particularly good at anything. He has to.
He one of the best defensive player on th team...

He is physical, hit, play with grit and he ''survives'' fighting, because he fought guys out of his league, if it wasn't the case he is actually a good fighter.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:26 PM
  #50
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,673
vCash: 500
I would too. Just that....keep the role for the whole year. He's a 3rd liner AT BEST. VERY BEST. 4th liner would mean we are getting better. But no top 6 please....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.