HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks Goal Song 2012-2013

Old
06-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Treefingers

vCash: 500
I've been wanting the chorus from Stadium Love (Metric) as the Canucks goal song for a while now; it has a vocal line that the crowd can sing that's easy and repeats a bunch of times, it's high energy, and it's not something that I've seen another team use yet.

Treefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Hollywood Burrows

How about no goal song? Let's go further-- how about no music during the game? And let's take it one step past that and hang DJ Dave from the Roger Neilson statue.

The atmosphere in Rogers blows. Nobody pays 200 bucks to come sit in an arena and listen to nickleback and chris brown. I hate hearing pop music at a hockey game. Organ music only, please.

Hollywood Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:29 PM
parabola
༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post

Go to about 40 seconds in.
I support this. In fact every song they play should be a Rammstein song.

06-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Burrows View Post
How about no goal song? Let's go further-- how about no music during the game? And let's take it one step past that and hang DJ Dave from the Roger Neilson statue.

The atmosphere in Rogers blows. Nobody pays 200 bucks to come sit in an arena and listen to nickleback and chris brown. I hate hearing pop music at a hockey game. Organ music only, please.
I wouldn't say no goal song, because that would make the atmosphere even worse. I would like Organ music instead of Top 40 stuff in between play though.

Twitter | HFBoards Contact | Youtube | Instagram| Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Maccas

Got to be honest I really liked Green Day for a goal song, it just fitted well and as people say there is now good memories attached to it because of the cup run.
It's got to be something that rocks though, riffs like Cochise by Audioslave would be perfect as a goal horn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLineBlast View Post
I've been wanting the chorus from Stadium Love (Metric) as the Canucks goal song for a while now; it has a vocal line that the crowd can sing that's easy and repeats a bunch of times, it's high energy, and it's not something that I've seen another team use yet.
I could actually really get behind this, only just really got into Metric (Yes, thanks to Scott Pilgrim) but I've not heard anyone use anything much like this and Stadium Love would definitely make a good choice.

Last edited by Maccas: 06-16-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Maccas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

Quote:

I agree with this. They should have no goal song, and no horn either. Let the crowd make their own noise, and stop trying to completely overpower them with every available tool. Having all this music blasting doesn't improve the atmosphere, it actually ruins the atmosphere. It makes it so much more difficult to enjoy being at a hockey game.

I really wish they'd go back to the days when a goal wasn't followed up with a massive "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN HON HON HONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNN" followed by some awful pop rock song. Whoever thought it was a good idea in the first place?

Hugh Mann* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:26 PM
John Bender

Quote:

Dude, it's not 1975. We are not in Charlston cheering on the Chiefs. There's a place for Organ music in any hockey game, but all Organ music? No way.

John Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Pump n Dump

Quote:

Now there's an oxymoron for you!

Pump n Dump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:29 PM
John Bender

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccas View Post
Got to be honest I really liked Green Day for a goal song, it just fitted well and as people say there is now good memories attached to it because of the cup run.
It's got to be something that rocks though, riffs like Cochise by Audioslave would be perfect as a goal horn.

I could actually really get behind this, only just really got into Metric (Yes, thanks to Scott Pilgrim) but I've not heard anyone use anything much like this and Stadium Love would definitely make a good choice.
Why does the goal song always have to be the same? Why not be original and play a variety of music?

I don't agree the atmosphere at Roger's arena sucks. It's all dependant on the quality of game you are watching. If the games are good, the crowd is into it. It's when the games turn to **** the fans tune out. I agree, it's not Chicago or Winnipeg, but it's certainly not Tampa or Phoenix either.

Old
06-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Vajakki

Everyone has their own music taste is of course, but IMO Vancouver definitely has one of the worst music in the whole league. It's more of a nightclub than hockey game, really.

So I'm terrified what will be the next goal song.

Vajakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:31 PM
John Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
I agree with this. They should have no goal song, and no horn either. Let the crowd make their own noise, and stop trying to completely overpower them with every available tool. Having all this music blasting doesn't improve the atmosphere, it actually ruins the atmosphere. It makes it so much more difficult to enjoy being at a hockey game.

I really wish they'd go back to the days when a goal wasn't followed up with a massive "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN HON HON HONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNN" followed by some awful pop rock song. Whoever thought it was a good idea in the first place?
A horn goes HON?

Old
06-16-2012, 03:32 PM
fools russian

I'll be disappointed if they change the current goal song. We finally have a good one and they want to change it? Ugh.

fools russian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vajakki View Post
Everyone has their own music taste is of course, but IMO Vancouver definitely has one of the worst music in the whole league. It's more of a nightclub than hockey game, really.

So I'm terrified what will be the next goal song.
Absolutely.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by fools russian View Post
I'll be disappointed if they change the current goal song. We finally have a good one and they want to change it? Ugh.
Personally I find it really annoying after a while. Of previous songs we've had I didn't mind Raise a Little Hell or Green Day.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
Absolutely.
Ditto. Watching the Finals made me long for the DJs in New Jersey and LA...they actually played classic rock, etc. I hate poppy/R and B crap at sports events.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Chubros

I actually think this would be super awesome. Not so much triumphant, but fun. And it would really get the other team's goat.

With the current bangs, vamanoses, and the woooos, I pretty much want Vancouver to win all its home games 1-0.

Chubros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:50 PM
ProstheticConscience
I see an eagle

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
I support this. In fact every song they play should be a Rammstein song.
There we go. Now you're talking.

Canucks take the ice: Links 2-3-4 or Mein Herz Brennt
Goal: Feuer Frei!
Penalty for: Ich tu dir weh
Penalty against: Bestrafe Mich
Penalty against that only a blind NHL ref would call: Mein Teil
Leafs come to town: Buck Dich
Bruins come to town: Mann gegen Mann
American team we don't like comes to town: Mein Land
Hot chick on Jumbotron: Te Quiero Puta or *****

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:53 PM
fools russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Personally I find it really annoying after a while. Of previous songs we've had I didn't mind Raise a Little Hell or Green Day.
That's probably a good thing though, being a little annoying. If it gets on the other team's nerves a bit that can be a good thing. Look at the abomination that is Chelsea Dagger... not that I think the team needs that sort of song exactly. I just think the Canuck's current song is a good catchy goal-song'y song.

fools russian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Hyack57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
Go back to Green Day.
Not having read any other post other then the first two I sense that Holiday - Green Day is not hugely popular. I endorse it. I love it as a goal song and everytime I hear it on the radio here in Calgary i turn it up and roll down the window of my Canuck blue F150 with a Canucks plate on the front and let it be heard.

Hyack57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:05 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyack57 View Post
Not having read any other post other then the first two I sense that Holiday - Green Day is not hugely popular. I endorse it. I love it as a goal song and everytime I hear it on the radio here in Calgary i turn it up and roll down the window of my Canuck blue F150 with a Canucks plate on the front and let it be heard.
I only like that song because of the memories we've had when we used it, and now when I hear it, I always think back to the SC run.

I don't know why we even changed it - DJDave screwing things up as always.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:31 PM
June 2007

Vengaboys- We Like to Party

June 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:49 PM
asdfman
Weeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post

AINEC.
Oh my god yes please

asdfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Darnell G

When i went to the Canucks vs. Washington game, when the new goal song played, it really gets you pumped up. Apparently CBC turned down the arena sound though. smh

Darnell G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 05:05 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnell G View Post
When i went to the Canucks vs. Washington game, when the new goal song played, it really gets you pumped up. Apparently CBC turned down the arena sound though. smh
The goal song was good at the start, but it's terrible now. Green Day didn't get tiresome.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 05:40 PM
JohnnyWalker

This I always thought would be sick but I think the Ducks may use it.

Orrrrrrrrrrr we could go with this.......

JohnnyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote