Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2012, 01:18 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Also, NHL.com is working really fast for me right now for some reason.
Blasphemy. That website has never worked quickly ever.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Blasphemy. That website has never worked quickly ever.

Old
06-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I know you wanted some Bouchard updates. Here we go.

He's feeling much better and he's almost 100% right now. Also, he told TVA Sports he will be ready for the camp. Great news!

Some quotes from Pierre-Marc:

Quote:
My principal goal is to be healthy. We didn't make the playoffs last season. I want to help the team.
Quote:
Our (Gui + him) situation was unfortunate. It wasn't my first concussion but it was the first one for Gui. It wasn't an easy situation. It's been frustrating to watch games from the press box or at home.

Last edited by Fel 96: 06-16-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old
06-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Fel 96
JFC

The only thing I'm worried about him is when/if he gets drilled legally/illegally one more time...

Of course, hopefully it won't happen.

Old
06-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
The only thing I'm worried about him is when/if he gets drilled legally/illegally one more time...

It will happen. There are too many headhunters like Torres in the league for it to not happen, and not enough discipline to deter it.

Thanks a ****ing lot, Shannajoke.

Old
06-16-2012, 05:14 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
It will happen. There are too many headhunters like Torres in the league for it to not happen, and not enough discipline to deter it.

Thanks a ****ing lot, Shannajoke.
Speaking of, how long is left on that Torres suspension?

Old
06-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Fel 96
JFC

About 13 games I believe.

Old
06-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Great news! So this means we may still see a healthy Bouchard playing for the Minnesota Wild? Awesome.

I hope Gui gets signed now.

Old
06-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Great news! So this means we may still see a healthy Bouchard playing for the Minnesota Wild? Awesome.

I hope Gui gets signed now.
Yea for a month. We should have sig bets on how long both last next year. At least we have depth next year to better deal with them hopefully.

Old
06-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Fel 96
JFC

No...

EDIT: You edited your post. Ha.

Old
06-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Naw, I think we'll see a healthy Guillaume Latendresse in 2013 playoffs.

Old
06-16-2012, 07:56 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

Ditto. And in this league, it's just a matter of time. It's taken him this long, and he's not 100% yet. He's missed so much time with each one. What happens after he gets rocked for a 3rd time? I don't want to see it happen, but it will. Look at how many questionable hits there are every night. How long will it take for him to recover from another hit? He needs to start thinking about his quality of life beyond hockey. A couple more hits could create long term (if not life long) problems.

I have nothing against the guy. Would love to have him healthy and on the team. But he's really struggled with these concussions, and I don't want to see him get seriously hurt. And this league is out of control when it comes to head shots.

Old
06-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Ditto. And in this league, it's just a matter of time. It's taken him this long, and he's not 100% yet. He's missed so much time with each one. What happens after he gets rocked for a 3rd time? I don't want to see it happen, but it will. Look at how many questionable hits there are every night. How long will it take for him to recover from another hit? He needs to start thinking about his quality of life beyond hockey. A couple more hits could create long term (if not life long) problems.

I have nothing against the guy. Would love to have him healthy and on the team. But he's really struggled with these concussions, and I don't want to see him get seriously hurt. And this league is out of control when it comes to head shots.
This. Look at Adam Deadmarsh, for example. He is still suffering from PCS, nearly 10 years after his retirement. I don't want that to happen to anyone, especially not Bouchard.

I just hope that his concussion issues are over. I admire his heart though, many would've already called it quits.

I want to see him tear up the NHL next year, because I know he can. He's got the hands and the vision, we finally have the offense, now let him (and us) reap on the benefits.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Just watching NHL Live and they've got the Penguins under the spotlight and they're talking about J. Staal. According to the NHL.com writer they had on the phone, it sounds like the Hurricanes and Maple Leafs have shown some some interest in acquiring him. He also mentioned a few other teams that have shown a little interest including the Panthers, Islanders, and Wild.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Ohhh dear.

Why would we want anything to do with J. Staal? We've got Mikko Koivu already, he is our franchise center for ****s sake. We don't need a grumpy, less-motivated copy of him that wants a 1st line spot. We simply don't have room for him, and that's that.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:25 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Ohhh dear.

Why would we want anything to do with J. Staal? We've got Mikko Koivu already, he is our franchise center for ****s sake. We don't need a grumpy, less-motivated copy of him that wants a 1st line spot. We simply don't have room for him, and that's that.
Meh, likely just Fletcher putting feelers out there. Maybe he's considering moving Cullen (would need Cullen's permission of course) and thinking of Staal as a possible replacement, or maybe just trying to find what the going rates are on players of that type etc.

It's a rumor about a rumor at this point, nothing more.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I'd love to have Staal. But there's no way Fletcher gives up the assets required to get him. The same goes for the other 28 teams in the NHL. I don't think we'll see Staal traded this year, even though I think he deserves better playing time than he gets in Pittsburgh.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:48 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

If we can't land Suter, I'd inquire about Michael Del Zotto.

Puck moving D whose improved defensively- RFA July 1. Moving him allows Tim Erixon to step in while maintaining the integrity of the NYR blueline.

Especially if they land Rick Nash (if MDZ isn't in the trade) because it removes some cap worry because Del Zotto is due for a raise.

Old
06-17-2012, 11:17 AM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

I wouldn't mind having MDZ on this team. I've always liked him.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:30 PM
651*

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...ft-who-will-be

Old
06-17-2012, 01:46 PM
nickschultzfan

Jordan Staal could be huge for this team.

-He'd slot in on the 2nd line, giving the Wild a big size advantage at center over almost any team in the NHL. Koivu. Staal. Brodziak. We would take it to the other teams every single night and more importantly, in the playoffs.

-Staal is is more of a goal scorer, less of a playmaker. That's good because our other long-term center options, Granlund, Coyle, and Phillips are more of set-up guys.

-Our time-line would be push up, as Granlund/Coyle/Larsson/Phillips could jump to wing and make more of an impact.

-Trading for J.Staal at the draft sends a signal to Parise and Suter: We mean business.

-J.Staal might actually re-sign here. Top-6 center role on an up and coming team, with a chance to become the 1st line center. Plus, Wild are the closest NHL team to Thunder Bay.

I'd offer Coyle, 7th overall, Bouchard, Cullen, and Gustafsson/Kuemper for J.Staal and the Pens 1st this year. Pens get a short and long-term replacement for Staal, a good goalie for when Fleury sucks, and a big move up in the draft to grab a star forward or Dman. Bouchard is more just a gamble for the Pens. If he ends up healthy, he'd be a good player for them.

Old
06-17-2012, 02:17 PM
nickschultzfan

Oh I forgot, offering to trade Wild prospect means that we are trading away another Nick Leddy and getting another Cam Barker.

Old
06-17-2012, 02:22 PM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Oh I forgot, offering to trade Wild prospect means that we are trading away another Nick Leddy and getting another Cam Barker.
Yes, I don't like the trade simply because Coyle is in it. Nevermind the fact that would be giving up an injured player (Bouchard), who when healthy is a 60pt producer. And that to the fact we would be trading down 15 spots in the draft. Giving up a goalie prospect, or a decent NHL Dman and one of the best prospects we have (Coyle) all for Jordan Staal. Who may only be here for a year. But yeah, other than that, seems like a solid trade offer.

Old
06-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

If we were to trade for Staal, I'd offer Phillips, 7th overall, Cullen and maybe another pick or decent prospect.

I'm also really starting to want the Wild to go after Parenteau. Seems like he'd be a solid fit on the right side of the first or second line.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:10 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 165
We're not moving Coyle. No way.

Closed Thread