Winnipeg Jets Pre-Draft Analysis

Old
06-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Winnipeg Jets Pre-Draft Analysis

Hey Folks,

HF's Brian Fogarty wrote a comprehensive article on the Jets and the upcoming Draft. I thought some of you might want to check it out...

Winnipeg Jets Draft Analysis

06-16-2012, 12:13 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Pretty accurate on all accounts.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:16 AM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Good article.

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:50 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 50
Brief in terms of discussing individual players but I'd say entirely correct. It's a good summary of what the Jets have and don't have overall.

vBurmi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 09:37 AM
jetkarma

Good to see a mostly accurate , unbiased report of where the Jets are and what direction they need to follow.

Don't have an argument with the level of top 6 for Telegin , but his skill asset grade was a little lite imo. His speed is more than good , much more and of course he seems to have more of a future at wing than C , but that is a minor point.

All 3 picks this year and then multiple picks ( maybe 6 in the top 3 rounds for 2013 ) is a recipe Chevy likes a lot , a chance to build the future base with players this franchise likes and values. There really is a discrepency for the Jets as opposed to the top tier of teams re prospect depth and quality . As an organization , you need to improve that for long term success , and last year was a small step , with bigger steps the next 2 years.

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 10:40 AM
pcanuck

Nice article. I completely agree on the previous Thrasher organizational moves. They were terrible judges of talent HOWEVER, recognize we've decided to keep all of those scouts which I believe led to a huge mistake last year. I too believe that Schiefele was a huge gaffe - Couturier was a far better prospect (and I predict this damn debate won't ever end). That's the problem with stepping outside the top 10 box and Chevy should have considered that. But I won't cry over spilled milk.

I am really surprised at the grades we received. I expected much worse. Winnipeg is considered, by many organizational depth charts in the bottom 5 in the league. Also surprised at how HF discussed Redmond as a rising star? I guess I need to watch this kid in July at the development camp.

I also thought the author was more than kind discussing the current club. We are considered one of the worst in the league defensively but I guess sometimes honesty doesn't sell. Our lack of consistency in goal production also skewed our GF-GA.

I'd be interested how HF would forecast the Jets this year.

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Prairiehockey

vCash: 754
Not a bad article although I don't agree with the assumption that Scheifele will be with the big club next year. I think odds are he spends another year in Barrie

Prairiehockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 08:10 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
One small correction that was actually off by almost 3 years. Pavelec's first NHL start was in November of '07. He collapsed on Oct. 8th, 2010. Not sure where you got that info though. lol

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote