HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XI - Luoraker (Mod warning #432)

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2012, 08:00 PM
jayball75

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Nope. Just not willing to just give away an elite goalie to the Leafs for scraps.
I Should've said the 5th is too valuable to trade for luongo. Why in your opinion do Canuck fans want to get rid of him but on the other hand they expect too much in return?

Old
06-16-2012, 08:06 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball75 View Post
I Should've said the 5th is too valuable to trade for luongo. Why in your opinion do Canuck fans want to get rid of him but on the other hand they expect too much in return?
Because some Canucks fans have a stupid bias against Luongo and blame him for our SCF failures. The Sedins seem to be above blame, and someone has to be the goat so it's easy to dump on the goalie.

The Canucks have the following needs:

1) impact top 6 forward to produce when the rest of our offense gets shutdown.

2) top 4 mobile puck moving defenseman

3) top end prospect forward with first line potential to take over when the Sedins contract is up.

Looking at the Leafs, only Gardiner or the 5th overall pick addresses what we need.

06-16-2012, 08:10 PM
JohnHodgson

His value is pretty much determined on how desperate Burke gets. If BB is serious about contention, then he needs to pony up real assets to acquire Luongo. If Burke wants another mediocre year and put his job on the line, then he can stay pat. They are desperate for a legit goaltender, the goalie market out there is thin, almost non existent for the calibre of a Luongo. Right now Burke probably has a decent offer but Gillis is holding off because the goalie market is shrinking by the second (Lindback, possibly Bernier). Gillis will get a bigger offer at the draft, especially if Galchenyuk is not available.

Schenn + 1st + Lombardi/Connolly for Luongo + 1st

Old
06-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Maximus74

Quote:
Nope. Just not willing to just give away an elite goalie to the Leafs for scraps.
Thank god... most Leaf fans want nothing to do with Lu's contract...

If Lu is still elite, I still maintain that you keep him and trade Schneider...

Lu will NOT get much of a return... there is no market for him, and there is a huge one for Schneider...

If Lu is still going to be an "elite" goalie for 4-5 years as most Nucks fans insist, why are you in a hurry to trade him? I think everyone on HF would agree that Schnieder would get you a higher return...

Old
06-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus74 View Post

Lu will NOT get much of a return... there is no market for him, and there is a huge one for Schneider...

If Lu is still going to be an "elite" goalie for 4-5 years as most Nucks fans insist, why are you in a hurry to trade him? I think everyone on HF would agree that Schnieder would get you a higher return...
A majority of us are willing to trade Schneider away. Win win situation for Vancouver.

Old
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:

And that's why I would trade Schneider over Luongo. Especially since we have Lack and Cannata who very well could be good goalies when the opportunity arises.

Old
ProstheticConscience
WWIII

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
11 threads? Really guys?
Seconded.

We'll be up to the Pierce Brosnan movies by the draft, just watch.

Old
06-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
His value is pretty much determined on how desperate Burke gets. If BB is serious about contention, then he needs to pony up real assets to acquire Luongo. If Burke wants another mediocre year and put his job on the line, then he can stay pat. They are desperate for a legit goaltender, the goalie market out there is thin, almost non existent for the calibre of a Luongo. Right now Burke probably has a decent offer but Gillis is holding off because the goalie market is shrinking by the second (Lindback, possibly Bernier). Gillis will get a bigger offer at the draft, especially if Galchenyuk is not available.

Schenn + 1st + Lombardi/Connolly for Luongo + 1st
I doubt anything happens at the draft. No rush with the CBA up in the air and next seasons start date still questionable. Burke will wait and see what's available in free agency, I dont think there's a lot of others making offers so I dont think there's any pressure.

The Canucks may have to hold onto him for awhile, see what happens with Schneider and his contract talks.

Old
06-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Evil Edler
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:

Honestly I see some of the nucks fans in this thread are arguing not that they want him gone but that he is being waaaay too undervalued, I've said since this all came about that he has the highest value to us and would be much happier keeping him and trading the youngster.

Luongo is a damn fine goalie and the lack of respect hes getting is disturbing, he's the scape goat and its unfair to him but some toxic fans seem to want him gone and yet even more seem to think hes almost worthless.

His contract is fine and yes if I were running the show, I'd keep him and tell the van media to sit on it.

Old
06-16-2012, 08:25 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Because some Canucks fans have a stupid bias against Luongo and blame him for our SCF failures. The Sedins seem to be above blame, and someone has to be the goat so it's easy to dump on the goalie.

The Canucks have the following needs:

1) impact top 6 forward to produce when the rest of our offense gets shutdown.

2) top 4 mobile puck moving defenseman

3) top end prospect forward with first line potential to take over when the Sedins contract is up.

Looking at the Leafs, only Gardiner or the 5th overall pick addresses what we need.
You forgot one of their needs:

4) Find a way to ditch the expensive backup goaltender signed for a decade.

Old
06-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
You forgot one of their needs:

4) Find a way to ditch the expensive backup goaltender signed for a decade.

Even if that were true, it still wouldn't be a need. We have more than enough cap space to accomodate.

Old
06-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
imo we need more luongo threads.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:22 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
imo we need more luongo threads.
Don't worry there will be atleast another 10 after the trade full of bashing each other and claiming victory in the trade.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:34 PM
KISSland

On a low end I think I'd be content with Kulemin, 1st in 2013, 2nd in 2012, Colbourn for Luongo, Raymond(if you want him, would replace Kulemins defensively.)

On a high end I'd be glad with 5th oa for Luongo, 26th oa.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:41 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
On a low end I think I'd be content with Kulemin, 1st in 2013, 2nd in 2012, Colbourn for Luongo, Raymond(if you want him, would replace Kulemins defensively.)

On a high end I'd be glad with 5th oa for Luongo, 26th oa.
I wouldn't want Kulemin at all tbh. Would rather just keep Raymond.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:48 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Don't worry there will be atleast another 10 after the trade full of bashing each other and claiming victory in the trade.
I will be mildly surprised if Luongo is traded to the Leafs. As I have stated before, they are not good trading partners. There's still a chance he gets moved, but likely to a club no one even gave much consideration.

There is a very good chance Schneider gets moved instead.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Luongownage
Kassian? #epicfail

I hope Schnieder gets moved instead. He will fetch us a better asset.
The asking price for luo in my mind is a high draft pick + good prospect.
The asking price for Schnieder is a player that could step into the lineup right away and help, with preference to a RHD-man or an established power forward.

Keep LACK

Give to get

Old
06-16-2012, 10:02 PM
medhatcanuck

I've tried to stay away cause I don't do well with Leaf fans. But Canuck fans saying Luo is worth a the 5th overall or Gardiner are high on meth.

Why doesn't Toronto just draft Subban or get Bernier? I think there is a myth that Burke needs to make the playoffs this year. It's obvious the leafs will most likely not make the playoffs again, unless they find a #1 Goalie, Center, and Defenceman.

Burke has said that he doesn't want to make a playoff team he wants a championship team. And right now, TML is not even in the same league as championship teams.

I don't understand, Burke wants to win now, but build a championship team not a playoff team. Those 2 goals conflict.

Either way, Luo is still an amazing goaltender, just not worth it for TML to give up either one of those things.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:05 PM
medhatcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongownage View Post
I hope Schnieder gets moved instead. He will fetch us a better asset.
The asking price for luo in my mind is a high draft pick + good prospect.
The asking price for Schnieder is a player that could step into the lineup right away and help, with preference to a RHD-man or an established power forward.

Keep LACK

Give to get
As good as Luongo still is, Schneider is either better or at the same level at a younger age. Why would we want to get rid of something like that?

Pieces our team needs can be found through the FA market or minor dealings.

No need to stick with Luo when we could have Schnieds and Lack, no sense at all.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:06 PM

I haven't read all these threads. I hope no one has but this might be another way of looking at it.

Leaf fans, what if Luongo gets a sv% of .920 on the Leafs next season. What's he worth then?

Canucks fans, do you really think Luongo will get anywhere near .920 next season with the Leafs?

Personally I think he's get around .910 with the Leafs and as they get better in time he stays around there as he gets older and hence isn't worth very much.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:08 PM
medhatcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I haven't read all these threads. I hope no one has but this might be another way of looking at it.

Leaf fans, what if Luongo gets a sv% of .920 on the Leafs next season. What's he worth then?

Canucks fans, do you really think Luongo will get anywhere near .920 next season with the Leafs?

Personally I think he's get around .910 with the Leafs and as they get better in time he stays around there as he gets older and hence isn't worth very much.
The guy plays better when he is the best player. Back when we relied on Luongo every game, the man would stand on his head. But when he has a descent team in front of him, he always lets softies in. I think he thrives on having 50 Shots against and having a crummy team in front of him.

So I couldn't tell you what SV% he would have on the leafs, but I can tell you he would do well in the environment.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Luongownage
Kassian? #epicfail

Quote:
But Canuck fans saying Luo is worth a the 5th overall or Gardiner are high on meth

Either way, Luo is still an amazing goaltender
Soooooo...... you don't think he is worth a high return, but you think he is an amazing goalie.....

Old
06-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Luongownage
Kassian? #epicfail

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
No need to stick with Luo when we could have Schnieds and Lack, no sense at all.
Vancouver's Lack is different from Toronto's LACK

Old
06-16-2012, 10:10 PM
SilverHaireDevil

Burke wants a team that will compete for the Stanley Cup, not one that just makes the playoffs.

At least that's what I took from the various interviews he has given on the subject.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:15 PM
DPyro

Quote:
So Kulemin is apparently on par with Stamkos in terms of shooting percentage? Apparently he's better than Kovalchuk? Not likely.

If we get Kulemin for Luongo its a massive massive failure on Gillis's part
Apparently high shooting % = elite player. That's why guys like Antropov and Holmstrom have such high shooting %.

Fine by me if you don't get Kulemin in a trade. I would rather keep him anyway.

Closed Thread