HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2012, 12:47 AM
fyrescorp

vCash: 500
How about, Dean lets Stoll walk and signs Gaustadt?

Old
06-16-2012, 01:01 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrescorp View Post
Stoll is better than Goose.

Old
06-16-2012, 02:58 AM
Reclamation Project
Registered Ruiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
If we can trade Richardson or Bernier for Clutterbuck we'd have some amazing forecheck. Honestly, I think we have enough talent to score, but adding a guy like Clutterbuck to the 3rd or 4th line would be amazing. He has good character from what i've seen, he's got a decent touch, and he's a pretty good skater, and a damn good hitter. Parise, no. Keep penner and stoll, trade for clutterbuck. Bam, amazing 4 lines. Oh and Doan would never come here, hell he'd probably join Anaheim just to piss us off.
This! Fantastic proposal. Imagine Brown and Clutterbuck on the same team!

Resign Penner and Stoll for around 5.5 to 6 per year, add Fraser for another million, and possibly add another bottom-six winger. Obviously Quick will get 6-7 million because he is the 'rock' on this ******* team

I'd rather have cap room to add additions later on.

Last edited by Reclamation Project: 06-16-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old
06-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrescorp View Post
why?

Old
06-16-2012, 03:08 PM
johnjm22

We have too many quality forwards.

Remember the days of Calder, Thornton, and Wilsie?

Old
06-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
We have too many quality forwards.

Remember the days of Calder, Thornton, and Wilsie?
We don't even have to go that far back. How about Moreau, Hunter, Smyth, Poni, Westgarth and Sturm. All were somehow skating regular shifts within the past two seasons. I would take Scott Thornton over any of those guys.

Got to give Lombardi major credit for adding Richards and Carter and credit to Sutter or whoever it was in the organization who made the call to bring up King and Sutter and end the awful Moreau and Hunter experiment.

Old
06-16-2012, 03:45 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
We don't even have to go that far back. How about Moreau, Hunter, Smyth, Poni, Westgarth and Sturm. All were somehow skating regular shifts within the past two seasons. I would take Scott Thornton over any of those guys.

Got to give Lombardi major credit for adding Richards and Carter and credit to Sutter or whoever it was in the organization who made the call to bring up King and Sutter and end the awful Moreau and Hunter experiment.
I wonder how much of it is coaching. Lewis and Stoll were totally different players under Sutter. How would have Nolan, King and Fraser looked under Terry Murray this year?

Old
06-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Kings man 4 life

per Ren Lavoie of RDS

https://twitter.com/#!/RenLavoieRDS

Rumor that Evander Kane doesn't want to sign with Peg, offer Toffolli, Bernier and a 1st?

Old
06-16-2012, 03:55 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings man 4 life View Post
per Ren Lavoie of RDS

https://twitter.com/#!/RenLavoieRDS

Rumor that Evander Kane doesn't want to sign with Peg, offer Toffolli, Bernier and a 1st?
Kane is gonna land quality that I don't think the Kings can offer anymore. (if traded)

Though Kane would be awesome, very very rare kind of player in the league and young.

Old
06-16-2012, 04:03 PM
johnjm22

I know most people won't agree with me, but of the players available, I want Nash the most.

Columbus is running out of goaltender options too. Bernier might not be first on their list, but there's not much else available. Luongo won't go there.

Old
06-16-2012, 04:10 PM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
If Dean signs both those two guys just forget about it. We're talking about the majority of Stanley Cups between now and 2020 being won here in L.A.!
No. We become the flyers...no goalie and out in the 2nd round.

Last edited by HolyShot*: 06-16-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old
06-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Rusty Batch

I really think we need to split up Carter and Richards, and Brown and Kopitar. In my opinion Carter and Kopitar are definateley our best offensive players. I would like to see them paired with players that are more capable of setting them up. Brown And Richards make stuff happen but they tend to be all or nothing players who are very turnover prone. I don't think it makes them great fits for highly skilled players.

Put Brown and Richards on their own line with King. Kopi with Williams and Penner. Carter with Lokti, and Gagne. Then that leaves either Stoll (if we resign) with some combo of Lewis/Nolan/Clifford or just Lewis with Nolan and Clifford.

Without any free agent signings but resigning Penner and Stoll, I would do this:

Penner-Kopi-Williams
Brown-Richards-King
Gagne-Carter-Lokti
Clifford-Lewis-Nolan

Our D would stay the same.

But My Ideal Offseason would be:

to sign Suter: then Trade Scuderi and Bernier for draft picks. Or since I realize it would be next to impossible (loyalty wise) to trade Scuderi then I would package A-mart and Bernier together for a top forward prospect or high draft picks.

Old
06-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I love the offseason threads. The Kings come out with a Cup and people already want to break up lines that showed tons of chemistry playing together.

Old
06-16-2012, 08:06 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I love the offseason threads. The Kings come out with a Cup and people already want to break up lines that showed tons of chemistry playing together.
well they did win the cup, but they did lose a few games doing it... winning the cup doesn't excuse not sweeping the whole playoffs.

Old
06-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Breaking up the Brown-Kopitar-Williams line would be a disaster. You don't make changes to a line that lit up the postseason and are impossible to score against. Brown creates so much room for Kopitar, more than any other winger could and Williams is just a perfect fit as a does everything guy

Also leave Carter on the wing. We spent years waiting for a sniping winger, and now we finally have 1, you want to move him back to centre?

Old
06-16-2012, 08:21 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

A successful off-season would be re-signing Penner and/or Stoll and re-signing Jonathan Quick longterm. A WINNING off-season, an off-season that would help improve this team and make it become a dynasty is signing Parise or trading for Nash. Teams are going to get better, we can't stand pat and not do anything. I want to win another one (I know, I'm selfish) but I think we have the core to do it. This team has experience now, they've been through it all, I wanna see them win more than 1, build a dynasty and Lombardi has set this team up perfectly.

No matter what we do this off-season, I will be happy with because I know Lombardi won't do anything wrong. He's admitted to his mistakes (I still think Forbort over Etem were a mistake - Or Hickey over Alzner) but it's ok. No one will even remember those mistakes because at the end of the day, we are CHAMPIONS!

Old
06-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Rusty Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I didnt see a ton of chemistry on that Richards Carter line, but I hear what your saying. Just glancing at the stats it looks like Carter only had 4 even strength goals in 20 postseason games and his shot totals were obviously well down as well. Those numbers would be way below his career rates. Which is pretty surprising when your team wins the Cup.

It appeared to me that Richards botched an awful lot of odd man Rushes this postseason. And I did not see a lot of chances for Carter that were created by Richards. Carter has one of the best wrist shots I have ever seen and I didnt see nearly enough of them for my liking.

Old
06-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Scoring chances and shots aside, look at how limited the opponents shots and scoring chances were against those same lines. These lines also generated a lot of puck possession inside the offensive zone. I'd keep the lines just as they are unless players depart and the Kings have to fill some holes, Brown-Kopitar-Williams and Richards and Carter should remain on the same line, as should King and Lewis.

Old
06-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Rusty Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Breaking up the Brown-Kopitar-Williams line would be a disaster. You don't make changes to a line that lit up the postseason and are impossible to score against. Brown creates so much room for Kopitar, more than any other winger could and Williams is just a perfect fit as a does everything guy

Also leave Carter on the wing. We spent years waiting for a sniping winger, and now we finally have 1, you want to move him back to centre?
Id rather him be put in the best position for him to succeed then forcing him to be a winger. He needs more chances from the center of the ice. If he can do it from the wing I am fine with it, but I would still let Lokti or Kopi center him.

Brown and Richards are unique players, they are all or nothing, and extremeley turnover prone. Both are very effective but in a way that I dont think makes them particularly well suited to play with top talent like Carter and Kopi.

I think they would be downright nasty playing together and might even form the best line on our team. But I think Kopi and Carter would be better suited either playing together or with other players more capable of finding them in space.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:08 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I know most people won't agree with me, but of the players available, I want Nash the most.

Columbus is running out of goaltender options too. Bernier might not be first on their list, but there's not much else available. Luongo won't go there.
I'd love Nash, but his contract makes me sick. With that said, I'd take Kane over Nash in a heartbeat

Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 06-16-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old
06-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Fishhead

Why change the lines of a team that just steamrolled through the playoffs? They were up 3-0 in every single series, no team this year had a chance in hell against them. They were not only good offensively, but even better defensively. Size, skill, and hitting on each line. It's seriously a mess for other coaches to try and match up against.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
We don't have anything resembling a shot at Kane or Nash anyway.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

It's interesting that nobody is talking about Iginla. I bet Dean & Darryl are.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:32 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
It's interesting that nobody is talking about Iginla. I bet Dean & Darryl are.
I imagine if they were to move him that they would look to get a lot younger, and I don't think Dean has the pieces anymore.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Cruel11
Harley Quinn

I can't believe some of you guys want to shake up the first line.

Closed Thread