HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Parise’s dad says son would “fit right in” with Rangers

Old
06-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Lexus Dog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
7 to 8 is the ceiling for what?
Amount Sather is willing to offer, I'm guessing is what he meant.

Anyway the more I read the less I want Parise and I wanted him 100% for awhile now...even completely disregarding what he said. Someone talked about bringing in a player that can provide this team with a different dimension and that's what I'm for. Radulov, Semin, a guy like that. Or dealing for another sniper.

Parise is a great player and would fit right in but he's more of the same and a guy of his stature, the way he plays, probably isn't going to age well in this league (compared to Richards who doesn't play fast or physical anyway). A long-term contract would really cripple us.

Lexus Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 06:56 AM
bubba5

So let me get this straight, we don't want a guy who works hard every shift, scores goals, and can be put in any situation. We want highly skilled guys, who can be lazy, take nights off and are not reliable (Semin, oh, Zherdev was highly skilled, what did he do in the playoffs for us). I think I had to watch enough of those guys from 2000 until the lockout

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
So let me get this straight, we don't want a guy who works hard every shift, scores goals, and can be put in any situation. We want highly skilled guys, who can be lazy, take nights off and are not reliable (Semin, oh, Zherdev was highly skilled, what did he do in the playoffs for us). I think I had to watch enough of those guys from 2000 until the lockout
Parise will become the new Drury if he leaves NJ. Book it!

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:15 AM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
Parise will become the new Drury if he leaves NJ. Book it!
This is way too likely. Thinking of Drury during the Avs era is so depressing.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:25 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

When they signed Kovy even after his tour of LA I predicted Parise would eventually take the deal LA offered Kovy, never knowing they would meet in the finals... Didn't Hossa do a similar thing?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:03 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Ok but he mostly scores garbage goals and he isn't a guy who will snipe his way on the score sheet.
Don't they count just the same? What is the sudden facination with pretty goals? So what if he scored "garbage" goals or weaves through 4 players? They all count the same.

And I am not one who is beating the drum for Parise.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 01:00 PM
haveandare

Regarding whether or not he he "hates" the Rangers: if he honestly has any hate for a hockey club, it's likely based on his relationship to that club as a member of the Devils. Him saying "no" to whether he'd play for NYR is the same thing any player would say. It'll come down to money and a chance to win - I'd bet that the team that gives him the most money and is most likely to win will sign him. I don't know nearly enough about cap and all that to say what they can give him compared to other teams, but NYR is on the rise and as Torts said, winning in NYC will be bigger than anything. At the end of the day, if I'm totally wrong and he, as a rational adult, has a real hate for a hockey franchise, that's fine, he can sign somewhere else, but I doubt that's the case.

Regarding him being "more of the same:" I totally disagree. Why on earth would you go get a guy like Radulov or Semin solely because they play "differently?" We were all watching the same team this year? NYR won by playing as a unit, by being a team of guys that all buy into the same goals and play a similar, hard nosed, grind it out style. Parise plays that style with greater success than anyone on this roster right now. Look at his point totals over his career - that's not "more of the same." If guys getting those types of points were standard on this team, we wouldn't be complaining about lack of offense. His style may be similar, but his results are not.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 01:03 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Ok but he mostly scores garbage goals and he isn't a guy who will snipe his way on the score sheet.
Boy if only we got some more garbage goals in the playoffs!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
We still would have lost....

We needed more skillful goals, obviously.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Don't they count just the same? What is the sudden facination with pretty goals? So what if he scored "garbage" goals or weaves through 4 players? They all count the same.

They certainly count the same. But a player that lives off garbage goals requires a bit more luck than a player that is able to generate scoring chances all by himself. Guys like Prucha lived off of garbage goals, but once the bounces stopped going his way, he struggled to get his name on the scoresheet.

That being said, Parise has shown himself to be a very consistent scorer in this league. I'm still wary about anything with a cap hit over 6.5 though.

Last edited by Crease: 06-15-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Huggy Bear*

Send a message via AIM to Huggy Bear*
I can't say I blame Parise for not wanting to play for the Rangers either.

Huggy Bear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 10:37 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post

Well, when you can't get garbage goals then you need some guys who can get creative and chip in a goal or two by themselves. We didn't have that in the playoffs did we? It was garbage goals or no goals.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 10:39 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:

The sarcasm doesn't work. We scored all the garbage goals we can in the playoffs, they can only bring you so far if you haven't noticed. If you can't score garbage goals you need guys with skill who can create their own offense and don't have to wait for a bounce or deflection to go their way.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:09 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Well, when you can't get garbage goals then you need some guys who can get creative and chip in a goal or two by themselves. We didn't have that in the playoffs did we? It was garbage goals or no goals.
The playoffs feature much more "garbage goals" then "pretty goals". Attempts at pretty goals often result at a give away, as much as a goal. One can argue that "pretty goals" are often the result of more than one person, whereas "garbage' goals are done out of sheer effort.

And speaking of "garbage goals", wasn't Parise at the top of the board by scoring just such goals?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:37 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
if he truly doesnt want to play for the rangers so be it...but fact of the matter is if i am an NHL player and i just lost a stanley cup final and under contract til july 1, im not going to go running my mouth and saying yeah sure i want to sign with a rival team and screw the team im still under contract with...id say the right things for good PR as every stand up person would say. now if he signs july 1, id be just as surprised as anyone, but he will probably go somewhere else. oh well

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:38 AM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
When they signed Kovy even after his tour of LA I predicted Parise would eventually take the deal LA offered Kovy, never knowing they would meet in the finals... Didn't Hossa do a similar thing?
wonder if la would work a deal around bernier for parises right. not a one for one, but a basis for a trade. i agree that la is a likely destination along with detriot and minn

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 05:32 PM
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline

First Langenbrunner and now maybe Parise....

Mutiny!!!

KreidertheGlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 05:47 PM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Offer him a massive contract then pull it off the table when he takes it.
Just do what we did with other free agents in the past...send him a box of his favorite chocolates but this time laced with anthrax.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 05:51 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Parise will not come here

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:03 PM
charliemurphy

Does the league possibly controlling the Devils due to their debt have any impact on the Devils giving out contracts... like resigning Parise to a long term-big contract?

charliemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

We're still talking about this????????

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote