HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who are the untouchables in our team?

Old
06-16-2012, 02:19 PM
DangleDangleBeach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynheart View Post
Neve did I directly compare Quick and Lundqvist to Howard. But Howard has yet to hit his peak, that is fact. But Ludqvist and Quick were considered chock artists until this year, their peak years. Give Howard unttil his peak years before you judge, eh?

And thanks for picking apart my post and misunderstanding all my points. /thumbs up

i got your points and appreciated them for the record

DangleDangleBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:33 PM
FlashyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynheart View Post
Neve did I directly compare Quick and Lundqvist to Howard. But Howard has yet to hit his peak, that is fact. But Ludqvist and Quick were considered chock artists until this year, their peak years. Give Howard unttil his peak years before you judge, eh?

And thanks for picking apart my post and misunderstanding all my points. /thumbs up
If Quick is in his peak years, how is Howard not?

They've played the same # of years in the league, but Howard is actually older.

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:46 PM
FMichael

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm502 View Post
For the right price nobody is untouchable.
Agreed.

FMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:55 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

It's a cop-out to say that "for the right price, no one is untouchable," because that "right price" is not realistic in the case of some players, and that's what makes them untouchable. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Kronwall are untouchable because they are worth more to the Wings than anyone else. Yeah, if Pittsburgh offered Crosby, Malkin, and their 1st round pick for the next 10 years, we'd give up Datsyuk. But obviously that won't happen. I don't see any team making an offer for Hank, Dats, or Kronner that would be worth it to the Wings. It would have to be an overpayment to the point of being unrealistic imo.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 05:45 PM
PelagicJoe

vCash: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
It's a cop-out to say that "for the right price, no one is untouchable," because that "right price" is not realistic in the case of some players, and that's what makes them untouchable. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Kronwall are untouchable because they are worth more to the Wings than anyone else. Yeah, if Pittsburgh offered Crosby, Malkin, and their 1st round pick for the next 10 years, we'd give up Datsyuk. But obviously that won't happen. I don't see any team making an offer for Hank, Dats, or Kronner that would be worth it to the Wings. It would have to be an overpayment to the point of being unrealistic imo.
Bingo.

PelagicJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Dynheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
If Quick is in his peak years, how is Howard not?

They've played the same # of years in the league, but Howard is actually older.
It's not that simple.

Quick started his career younger than most goalies. Let's take Howard out of the picture. Look at Lundqvist. He started his NHL career at 24/25(that's the norm..Howard started like 25/26), much older than Quick.

You also have to look at games played and seasons played:

Quick has 4 NHL seasons and has played 249 games. Howard has 3 full seasons and 192 games played. That one season will be huge for Howard for him to get even better. Look at the one year difference it made for Quick? It was huge. As for the age difference? After 21, it realy doesn't matter. People act like age is either an advantage, or a handicap. Also, if it fits an argument? They will use it for other reasons, like "he's youger.". That would work if it was an 8 year old against a 15 year old or something. But quick is 26. Howard is 28. That''s not a huge age difference enough to use in an argument.

Look, I'm not saying Howard is not the best of the best. But I highly doubt he has hit his prime/peaked only playing 3 seasons in the NHL. He' a competitive player,that much is obvious. He'll probably want to get better each year and not sit and say "I'm Ok where I'm at." He has th skill, IMO, and work eithic, to get better than he is now.

I'd say he's a grey area as far as "untradeable" goes. He can perform. But he's going thruogh NHL growinng pains (look at Qiuck, that's why I used him as an example). i wouldn't deal him off because he hasn't proved himself infront of this mess you call a team.

At least he gets practice on the break aways a lot, eh?

Dynheart is offline   Reply With Quote