HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XI - Luoraker (Mod warning #432)

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
Their coach has confirmed that he asked to be traded.
Link? Source? Quote?

Old
06-16-2012, 11:18 PM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Why do we even have this thread still open?

It's the same thing ad nauseam. Leafs want Luongo for cheap. Vancouver wants a good return.

We've had 11 threads rehashing this same point. That's over 11,000 posts!

For someone that most people think is an inconsistent goalie he sure does get alot of attention around here!

Old
06-16-2012, 11:19 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Archetype View Post
I highly doubt any GM is stupid enough to give Vancouver anything of value for Luongo. IF he does get traded, it won't be for big pieces. Everyone in BC better lower their expectations or we're going to have another riot on our hands.
Someone from Cali really shouldn't be talking about riots.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Why ?

Old
06-16-2012, 11:25 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
This is a hockey thread, no need to bash each other about riots or crime in their home city, state or province.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:30 PM
The Pucks

Its great to check in on this thread every few days and see NOT ONE original idea or post. Over 10,000 comments now and the same old same old.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Chubros

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
Its great to check in on this thread every few days and see NOT ONE original idea or post. Over 10,000 comments now and the same old same old.
I think whatever deal is agreed upon it should include a Gillis-Burke cage match, even if Luongo doesn't go to the Leafs.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:41 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

this is more a leafs-canucks rivalry thread moreso than luongo trade talk.

I am curious why the canucks are more eager to trade luongo than schneider when schneider would be the one who actually gets a return the canucks need in order to win a stanley cup?

Old
06-16-2012, 11:42 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
Did you really expect anything else?

Old
06-16-2012, 11:45 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post

I am curious why the canucks are more eager to trade luongo than schneider when schneider would be the one who actually gets a return the canucks need in order to win a stanley cup?
Younger, cheaper, maybe even better goalie? Think the return on Schneider might be overrated too.

And would you guys deal Versteeg in a Luongo deal?

Old
06-16-2012, 11:48 PM
arshonagon

Quote:

I, personally, think Schnieder is a better goalie and will be a better goalie in the long term. The Canucks, as is, are very good and could win a Stanley cup next year and it wouldn't surprise anybody. Any return we get should improve the team, not too mention the cap space that would be created by moving the larger cap hit.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:48 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Younger, cheaper, maybe even better goalie? Think the return on Schneider might be overrated too.

who cares about younger cheap better? The canucks main goal is to win a stanley cup not be competitive for 10 years and never have anything come of that-see 2006-Present. And unless offense is coming back the panthers are so starved for offense we could ill afford to even lose an inconsistent kris versteeg.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:50 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshonagon View Post
I, personally, think Schnieder is a better goalie and will be a better goalie in the long term. The Canucks, as is, are very good and could win a Stanley cup next year and it wouldn't surprise anybody. Any return we get should improve the team, not too mention the cap space that would be created by moving the larger cap hit.
But it is just as likely the canucks are the next san jose sharks years of destroying competition in regular season just to not have anything to show for it once the playoffs happen. Id rather have the blackhawks dilemna win the cup once and deal with the aftermath later. It is a topic for debate.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:50 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:

No. Can't lose a 1st line guy for a position that we don't really need.

Upshall and/or Jovo plus a pick-mid to lower end prospect otherwise Panthers have no interest. We need to move salary out to take on salary, plus have a deal on the side to move Theodore out to a team who needs a 1A/1B starter.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Kershaw

I thought the Panthers were high on Markstrom?

Old
06-16-2012, 11:53 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Knee injury concerns and not ready for full time job.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:56 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
They are and so am I being one of his biggest fans.

However, I see the benefits of Luongo to the Panthers for 2-4 years then send him on his way. Markstrom can back him up for the first couple of years while Luongo takes them deep into the playoffs with the young prospect forwards coming through the system.

The deal only works if the Canucks take on some salary, and don't want top end picks/prospects. I'm hearing from Canucks fans that Luongo would rather retire in 3-4 years than be a backup...hopefully that is the case.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:00 AM
KISSland

Quote:
who cares about younger cheap better? The canucks main goal is to win a stanley cup not be competitive for 10 years and never have anything come of that-see 2006-Present. And unless offense is coming back the panthers are so starved for offense we could ill afford to even lose an inconsistent kris versteeg.
Gillis said himself he wants to be like the Detroit Redwings in terms of always being a top team in the league and having a chance every year to make the playoffs and make some noise. Luongo has ~5 years in him where I think he can play at an elite level. Schneider could play that up until 36 and that would give us 10 years of solid goaltending.

I also think he's the more athletic of the two now.

Cheaper gives us more cap space.
Younger gives us a longer window to compete.
Better .. well it's obvious, gives us a better chance to win.

We were close last year. This year we took it all for granted and slacked the entire year. Not to mention we had an injured Kesler and no Daniel. I always thought the Kings would beat us anyways. If you look back in my post history I think I was the only one telling my forum that I was pissed scared.

If the difference is a higher draft pick ie late 1st to a early-mid first 8-15. I would rather stick to Schneider..

If we can get the 2nd oa, or Nash, or Johansen, or Gardiner, or Kane(Patrick.) I would do the deal. However it is all unlikely to happen.

If we can get a decent return for Luongo(no cap dump, some picks, and good role players.) I would be happy, and just go balls to the wall on free agency.

Anyways, sorry for the long post regarding Schneider over Lu..

And would Raymond suffice, he's good for 35-40pts. Think he'll bounce back. Just don't see him as a fit on the third line anymore.

Luongo, Raymond, 2nd

for

Versteeg, 1st, Howden

Would drop the 1st if need be.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:01 AM
A Sequel to Failure

Quote:

The management is enamored with Cory. They love the kid's personality, the way he handles himself with media and players, and on top of that, he's a stud goalie. Plus he's younger...

Quote:
But it is just as likely the canucks are the next san jose sharks years of destroying competition in regular season just to not have anything to show for it once the playoffs happen. Id rather have the blackhawks dilemna win the cup once and deal with the aftermath later. It is a topic for debate.

Gillis wants to go for a "always knocking on the door" model as opposed to a "window of opportunity" model. Not saying I agree, but that's his master plan.

EDIT: See above for a better description.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:09 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Gillis said himself he wants to be like the Detroit Redwings in terms of always being a top team in the league and having a chance every year to make the playoffs and make some noise. Luongo has ~5 years in him where I think he can play at an elite level. Schneider could play that up until 36 and that would give us 10 years of solid goaltending.

I also think he's the more athletic of the two now.

Cheaper gives us more cap space.
Younger gives us a longer window to compete.
Better .. well it's obvious, gives us a better chance to win.

We were close last year. This year we took it all for granted and slacked the entire year. Not to mention we had an injured Kesler and no Daniel. I always thought the Kings would beat us anyways. If you look back in my post history I think I was the only one telling my forum that I was pissed scared.

If the difference is a higher draft pick ie late 1st to a early-mid first 8-15. I would rather stick to Schneider..

If we can get the 2nd oa, or Nash, or Johansen, or Gardiner, or Kane(Patrick.) I would do the deal. However it is all unlikely to happen.

If we can get a decent return for Luongo(no cap dump, some picks, and good role players.) I would be happy, and just go balls to the wall on free agency.

Anyways, sorry for the long post regarding Schneider over Lu..

And would Raymond suffice, he's good for 35-40pts. Think he'll bounce back. Just don't see him as a fit on the third line anymore.

Luongo, Raymond, 2nd

for

Versteeg, 1st, Howden

Would drop the 1st if need be.
We can't replace versteeg with raymond. But i think its realistic wherever luongo goes raymond will be going along with him in a package.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:13 AM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
No. Can't lose a 1st line guy for a position that we don't really need.

Upshall and/or Jovo plus a pick-mid to lower end prospect otherwise Panthers have no interest. We need to move salary out to take on salary, plus have a deal on the side to move Theodore out to a team who needs a 1A/1B starter.
Damn you guys have him on your first line? Never mind then, sorry for asking.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:18 AM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
More like the Sharks can be the next Canucks when they manage to make the finals.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
What California rioted over (I'm assuming we're talking about the Rodney King riots) was more justifiable than the stupidity that happened in Vancouver.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:20 AM
KISSland

Quote:
We can't replace versteeg with raymond. But i think its realistic wherever luongo goes raymond will be going along with him in a package.
I don't know, maybe. It really depends. I hope you're right though.

How about Goc, Howden, 1st, 2nd for Luongo, Raymond?

And zero chances of Bjugstad?

Old
06-17-2012, 12:30 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
They are and so am I being one of his biggest fans.

However, I see the benefits of Luongo to the Panthers for 2-4 years then send him on his way. Markstrom can back him up for the first couple of years while Luongo takes them deep into the playoffs with the young prospect forwards coming through the system.

The deal only works if the Canucks take on some salary, and don't want top end picks/prospects. I'm hearing from Canucks fans that Luongo would rather retire in 3-4 years than be a backup...hopefully that is the case.
And you think it's that easy?

Closed Thread