HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part V) - "ZP don't take kindly to us"

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2012, 11:26 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Its not lateral when one scorer is going to be better than the other one, then it's called and upgrade on our end.
You THINK Kane will be so much better. That doesn't make it reality.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:26 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
57 points as a punk little kid. He hasn't even phyiscally matured yet and he's already an insane power forward. He's so incredibly strong on his skates ansd his legs are built like tree trunks.

When he's physically matured I'm scared for whoever goes against him. 80 points is an easy goal for him to obtain outside of him getting a serious injury. this was only his 2nd year in the NHl as well.

He might be a good power forward but i doubt he has the skills to put up 80 points since i think he isn't gonna put up alot of assists. He might score 30-35 goals a year MAYBE but i think he will put up 20-25 assists also.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I think if you ask fanbases around the league most to all of them would take Evander Kane over DZ in a which-would-you-rather contest.

Problem is, we need DZ. We have a heavy lack of offensive defensemen, and so a player of DZ's skills are of more value to us at this juncture than Evanders.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:28 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
So what? Try to look at it from the other side. Kane is basically the same age and has already scored 30 goals. This kid hasn't even developed phyiscally yet and not only is he an amazing power forward but he's still growing.

HE WILL BE AN 80 POINT PLAYER IN THIS LEAGUE. I'm in no way short changing MDZ, he's going to be an incredible player, but there is some serious underrating of Kane in this thread. I don't think tou guys have any idea how good he's going to be.
Okay, yeah - I agree that Kane is good and has the potential to be great. That's why we all want him after all.

But why doesn't MDZ get the same benefit of the doubt? Why don't I see posts that look like the following?

"MDZ's only 21 years old and he was our 5th leading scorer in both the regular season and the playoffs!!! And he's done it 2 out of 3 years - not just the one most recent. He's going to be a 60 point scorer in this league AS A DEFENSEMAN. You want him, I want Kane ++!!!"

IMO MDZ is being sold short on these boards simply because the fanbase is willing to move him (in the right deal). The ONLY reason Rangers fans are willing to move him is that we already have McD and Staal on the big club and Erixon breathing down his neck. If MDZ was playing for a bottom 3rd team in the league, he'd be on the first pair - and their fanbase would be demanding a king's ransom for him. (Kinda like they want for Kane.)

Don't get me wrong, I think Kane is fantastic and would be willing to give up significant value to get him. The point is that MDZ is significant value - especially if you're willing to add a little more (which I am to win a bidding war). But the idea, that he'd need to be about 25-33% of the value going the other way is ludicrous.

(Now, if the issue is that WPG doesn't want a defenseman as the centerpiece of the package, that's fair - but doesn't make MDZ any less fair value.)

Old
06-16-2012, 11:30 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
How can you say that if you haven't seen Kreider play more than 20 or so games either?
But that's munpoint, Kreider hasn't proven a damn thing yet. Could he be a great player? Yes, but to say its a lateral move to someone who's already scored 30 goals and is younger than Krieder is laughable.

At this point we pray Kreider will turn into an 80 point forward, it's a garuantee with Kane.

06-16-2012, 11:30 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

DZ doesn't get no credit because people suddenly fell in love with Kane. As soon as his name popped up they searched up stats and seen that he scored 30 goals once and quickly labeled him as a 30 goal scorer. DZ is just a crappy dman who isn't aloud to improve or go through growing pains. according to some on this board.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:31 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
But that's munpoint, Kreider hasn't proven a damn thing yet. Could he be a great player? Yes, but to say its a lateral move to someone who's already scored 30 goals and is younger than Krieder is laughable.

At this point we pray Kreider will turn into an 80 point forward, it's a garuantee with Kane.

Kane is guaranteed for 80 points? Wow tell the GM in Winnipeg that before he trades an 80 point guy!

Old
06-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
DZ doesn't get no credit because people suddenly fell in love with Kane. As soon as his name popped up they searched up stats and seen that he scored 30 goals once and quickly labeled him as a 30 goal scorer. DZ is just a crappy dman who isn't aloud to improve or go through growing pains. according to some on this board.
Pretty sure most of us knew who Evander Kane was and what type of player he was before today. Secondly MDZ is a good young offensive defenseman whom we need, just because his name is being thrown around doesn't mean "he don't get no credit".

Old
06-16-2012, 11:34 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Okay, yeah - I agree that Kane is good and has the potential to be great. That's why we all want him after all.

But why doesn't MDZ get the same benefit of the doubt? Why don't I see posts that look like the following?

"MDZ's only 21 years old and he was our 5th leading scorer in both the regular season and the playoffs!!! And he's done it 2 out of 3 years - not just the one most recent. He's going to be a 60 point scorer in this league AS A DEFENSEMAN. You want him, I want Kane ++!!!"

IMO MDZ is being sold short on these boards simply because the fanbase is willing to move him (in the right deal). The ONLY reason Rangers fans are willing to move him is that we already have McD and Staal on the big club and Erixon breathing down his neck. If MDZ was playing for a bottom 3rd team in the league, he'd be on the first pair - and their fanbase would be demanding a king's ransom for him. (Kinda like they want for Kane.)

Don't get me wrong, I think Kane is fantastic and would be willing to give up significant value to get him. The point is that MDZ is significant value - especially if you're willing to add a little more (which I am to win a bidding war). But the idea, that he'd need to be about 25-33% of the value going the other way is ludicrous.

(Now, if the issue is that WPG doesn't want a defenseman as the centerpiece of the package, that's fair - but doesn't make MDZ any less fair value.)
First of all I said that MDZ is a great player and is going to get better.

Secondly, I don't want to trade MDZ.

Thirdly I said that package wasn't enough because at this point I still don't think WPG moves him unless for an overpayment.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:

But it's not. If he hasn't done it yet it's not.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Kane is guaranteed for 80 points? Wow tell the GM in Winnipeg that before he trades an 80 point guy!
If Kane doesn't have multiple 80 point seasons I'll eat my shoes.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:36 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post

If he has multiple 80 point seasons i'll run onto the MSG ice during intermission naked.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
I'll hold you to this 10 to 15 years from now

Old
06-16-2012, 11:37 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
You THINK Kane will be so much better. That doesn't make it reality.
Up to this point he's already proven he's better because he's actually done it in the NHl for a full season.

Until Kreider pits up numbers anywhere close to Kane its an upgrade for us.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:37 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Im all for trading for Evander Kane. He's a great young player and one I would be willing to give up some assets for...who, I'm not sure yet. But I would definitely rather target Kane over Nash.

06-16-2012, 11:39 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
He might be a good power forward but i doubt he has the skills to put up 80 points since i think he isn't gonna put up alot of assists. He might score 30-35 goals a year MAYBE but i think he will put up 20-25 assists also.
Ok, this verifies that you've never seen him play.

You're honestly telling me you don't think a 20 year old can add 20 more points to a season total when he's fully developed? athat's asinine.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:39 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:

Look, I think that he has the potential to be an 80 point guy - it's why I want him. But, I wish you would stop stating it as if it was a mortal lock. It is NOT a guarantee. Hell, Alex Ovechkin was a LONG ways away from 80 points last year.

You may have the utmost confidence that he'll reach it, but you can no more say that Kane will be an 80 point scorer than you can Kreider will.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:40 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Add me to this list.

If Kreider ever has 2 80 point seasons I will cry teatrs of joy.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Up to this point he's already proven he's better because he's actually done it in the NHl for a full season.

Until Kreider pits up numbers anywhere close to Kane its an upgrade for us.
Well then whine to CK cause he wanted to stay in college and make sure he has an education. Why would you trade one of our #1 young prospects/players? Because you haven't seen a rookie in 20 Playoff games score in excess of 50 points?

Old
06-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Alot of people don't realize how skilled Kane is. He's not some monkey that stands in front of the net while 3 guys hang on him. He CAN do that, but he's also a great dangler with a lethal shot.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:42 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Look, I think that he has the potential to be an 80 point guy - it's why I want him. But, I wish you would stop stating it as if it was a mortal lock. It is NOT a guarantee. Hell, Alex Ovechkin was a LONG ways away from 80 points last year.

You may have the utmost confidence that he'll reach it, but you can no more say that Kane will be an 80 point scorer than you can Kreider will.
No because there are always aggravating and mitigating circumstances that come up, but at this point which player would you say is a safer bet to get 80 points?

It's a safer bet to say Kane will when Kreider hasn't done anything yet, that's why saying it's a lateral move at this juncture is utterly laughable.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Lundsanity30

Can we quit with the Kane bickering until someone other than a teammate who heard Kane say he wants out confirms it? U

Old
06-16-2012, 11:45 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Well then whine to CK cause he wanted to stay in college and make sure he has an education. Why would you trade one of our #1 young prospects/players? Because you haven't seen a rookie in 20 Playoff games score in excess of 50 points?
I'm not advocating trading Kreider. What I said was of if I had to choose between Kreider and Kane I would choose Kane every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I want to keep Kreider at all costs, as well as Del Zotto, I'm just saying a lot of people on here have no idea how good Kane is.

Old
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
First of all I said that MDZ is a great player and is going to get better.

Secondly, I don't want to trade MDZ.

Thirdly I said that package wasn't enough because at this point I still don't think WPG moves him unless for an overpayment.
Fair enough on points 1 and 2.

On point 3, I think anything in addition to MDZ is overpayment. I'd be willing to throw in our first or our last first, Miller - and would state that I'm paying above "objective" fair value to win a bidding war in so doing. But, the "MDZ + Dubi + Miller + McI + picks" offers I'm seeing are INSANE. (The funny thing is WPG posters on the main boards sneer at them!)

Old
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
No because there are always aggravating and mitigating circumstances that come up, but at this point which player would you say is a safer bet to get 80 points?

It's a safer bet to say Kane will when Kreider hasn't done anything yet, that's why saying it's a lateral move at this juncture is utterly laughable.
This is... really... flawed. Kane hasn't done it yet either! You don't give CK a fair chance to do anything by this!

Closed Thread