HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Question about Holleweg/Richards fight last night

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2006, 06:46 PM
KasparKrunch

vCash: 500
Question about Holleweg/Richards fight last night

hollweg and richards fought last night. my question is i thought that if you fought with a visor on (richards) and don't take it off you get a two minute minor...i seem to remember rich pilon getting one of these many years ago. i think that it is unfair, what if hollweg were to pop him in the face, and hit his visor instead and cut up his hand? i have seen richards fight once this season, it was against ashaam of the isles and richards took his own helmet off before anyone through any punches...to view the fight go to http://hockeyfights.com/videos/

and scroll down..

Old
04-05-2006, 07:04 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I think the rule is if you get an instigator with a visor you get an extra two.

04-05-2006, 07:19 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch
hollweg and richards fought last night. my question is i thought that if you fought with a visor on (richards) and don't take it off you get a two minute minor...i seem to remember rich pilon getting one of these many years ago. i think that it is unfair, what if hollweg were to pop him in the face, and hit his visor instead and cut up his hand? i have seen richards fight once this season, it was against ashaam of the isles and richards took his own helmet off before anyone through any punches...to view the fight go to http://hockeyfights.com/videos/

and scroll down..
I was thinking the same thing. It's a complete punk move by Richards. If you have any thought of getting on a NHL fight you shouldn't be hiding behind a visor. Leave that for the complete finesse players. Iginla ducking his head when he fought Lecav in the '04 finals was a complete disgrace. Phaneuf wearing a visor and dropping the gloves is a joke too.

Old
04-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Edge

I've never been crazy about the visor wearing when you drop the gloves.

Especially in this case where there's a long square off and you clearly have the time.

Old
04-05-2006, 08:06 PM
FLYLine24*

That was such a puss move. 2 days before he got into a fight with Bouchard and he took his helmet off..but with hollweg he didnt...I guess he knew he was going to get his butt kicked.

Last edited by Draft Guru: 04-05-2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old
04-05-2006, 08:12 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I didn't see the fight live but I saw a clip of it tonight and I was wondering why Richards had his visor on. I don't even think it really benefits you during a fight because the other guy could just smash his fist into your visor, sending the edge of the visor right into your lower face. For some guys the bottom edge of the visor would probably jam right into their teeth. Strange move by Richards to keep it on.

Old
04-05-2006, 08:13 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94
I didn't see the fight live but I saw a clip of it tonight and I was wondering why Richards had his visor on. I don't even think it really benefits you during a fight because the other guy could just smash his fist into your visor, sending the edge of the visor right into your lower face. For some guys the bottom edge of the visor would probably jam right into their teeth. Strange move by Richards to keep it on.

The chances though of Hollweg cutting his fist on it are more likely though then the visor getting smashing into his eye..he'd have to throw one hell of a haymaker to do that type of damage.

Old
04-05-2006, 08:14 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
That was such a puss move. 2 days before he got into a fight with Bouchard and he took his helmet off..but with hollweg he didnt...I guess he knew he was going to get his as* kicked.
You know, I don't know what it is with fights, but whenever they come up, the most homeristic (no, that isn't a word), stupidest post come up, from fans of any teams.

Hollweg didn't kick anyone's ***. He's an average fighter, at equal level to Richards. This isn't just based off of last games fight, which was a draw, but also their collective fighting history through the AHL and juniors. He isn't going to kick many people's *****.

Richards has been in 5 fights this year. Against, Exelby, Asham, Endicott, and Bouchards. Both Exelby and Asham are exponentially better fighters than Hollweg, and Richards took off his visor for all 4 of those fights. It was obvious that Richards kept his visor on as a show of disrespect (I believe he even commented on this in the papers) to Hollweg, because of Hollweg's disprespect shown to Umberger with that hit (it should be noted here that I like Hollweg, and liked him last year in the AHL. I'm glad he's been given a shot). It wasn't done out of fear.

Was it a dick move? Yeah, but you get what you give. To insinuate that Richards got his *** kicked or is scared of Hollweg is pure homerism.

Old
04-05-2006, 08:19 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
You know, I don't know what it is with fights, but whenever they come up, the most homeristic (no, that isn't a word), stupidest post come up, from fans of any teams.

Hollweg didn't kick anyone's ***. He's an average fighter, at equal level to Richards. This isn't just based off of last games fight, which was a draw, but also their collective fighting history through the AHL and juniors. He isn't going to kick many people's *****.

Richards has been in 5 fights this year. Against, Exelby, Asham, Endicott, and Bouchards. Both Exelby and Asham are exponentially better fighters than Hollweg, and Richards took off his visor for all 4 of those fights. It was obvious that Richards kept his visor on as a show of disrespect (I believe he even commented on this in the papers) to Hollweg, because of Hollweg's disprespect shown to Umberger with that hit (it should be noted here that I like Hollweg, and liked him last year in the AHL. I'm glad he's been given a shot). It wasn't done out of fear.

Was it a dick move? Yeah, but you get what you give. To insinuate that Richards got his *** kicked or is scared of Hollweg is pure homerism.
Wah wah. Go back to your board if you dont want to read comments on a rangers board

Old
04-05-2006, 08:26 PM
jnyr

questions: did anyone go after gauthier after the straka hit, was orr in the lineup, and whas the status on kaspar?

Old
04-05-2006, 08:28 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Wah wah. Go back to your board if you dont want to read comments on a rangers board
??

I don't even get that response. Because it was posted on a Rangers board, it's allowed to be nonsensical, totally false, not based on fact, etc., as long as it comes off as pro Rangers, anti somebody else? What kind of logic is that?

I'm a hockey fight fan. I like to see people attempt to be as objective about them as they should be about any other aspect of the game. It has nothing to do with me being a Flyers fan. I've posted on nearly every team board at HF, regardless of whether it involved a Flyer or not, because of some of the incredibly assinine post people make regarding fights. I'm sorry if that irks you.

Old
04-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Richie has taken his visor off every day since day one, dating back to the OHL. He kept the visor on as a way of saying "**** you, you don't deserve the respect."

If you don't like it, too bad, don't start spreading lies that the kid was afraid of anyone because, truth be told, he's got more heart than eighty percent of the players on our roster.

Old
04-05-2006, 08:53 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Richie has taken his visor off every day since day one, dating back to the OHL. He kept the visor on as a way of saying "**** you, you don't deserve the respect."
Then he's a punk and a ***** fpr that crap move. Hollweg ran Cryberger from behind and paid for his mistake. Nothing worse then what Gauthier or Hatcher have done much of their careers. Not too mention all the times Brashqueer has jumped guys or ran them from behind. That comment is as stupid as me saying that Brashqueer deserved what he got from McSorley and deserves it again. Good to see that Richards is taking his sportsmenship lessons from Booby Clarke.

Old
04-05-2006, 09:51 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
I think the NHL should have a new rule. If u fight with a visor u automatically get 2 for unsportmanlike conduct even if u dont instigate the fight, maybe that will make the players think about taking the helmet off before a fight.

Old
04-05-2006, 09:53 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I think the NHL should have a new rule. If u fight with a visor u automatically get 2 for unsportmanlike conduct even if u dont instigate the fight, maybe that will make the players think about taking the helmet off before a fight.
If they did that, most players with visors would fight even less than they do now.

Old
04-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

This thread has run its course and has turned into a flame war.

Closed Thread