HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tambo Re-signed

Old
06-17-2012, 12:51 AM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
Lets recap since we won the Lottery Tambo on tsn expresses Good chance the pick is in play than the next day says on the radio Yakupov is not near the Level of Hall or Rnh . Lowe comes on the radio and trys to do damage control . Now it will take a deal to blow their socks off to move that pick after severely reducing the value . Now we are a week away and no takers on a trade down it seems they did not Want Yakupov from the start can't trade down and are leaning towards a player not near Yaks level. This management is already a joke imo.
I'm not a fan of Tambellini at all, but this is some serious purple monkey dishwasher.

Psycho Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermullet View Post
I'm not a fan of Tambellini at all, but this is some serious purple monkey dishwasher.
Really what part is false.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:21 AM
Arpeggio

Quote:
Really what part is false.
Can't call out management for not taking Yakupov until they don't take Yakupov.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
Can't call out management for not taking Yakupov until they don't take Yakupov.
Where is that in there I said it seems like they don't want Yakupov and are leaning towards taking a player not near Yakupov's level. And this is what I am assuming from BBO earlier statements from his source. And Tambo saying the Pick was not at the level of Hall or RnH was dumb but agree to disagree.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:43 AM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Quote:
Where is that in there I said it seems like they don't want Yakupov and are leaning towards taking a player not near Yakupov's level. And this is what I am assuming from BBO earlier statements from his source. And Tambo saying the Pick was not at the level of Hall or RnH was dumb but agree to disagree.
Honestly man, management is unpredictable. We have no clue what they're thinking right now. Could be Yakupov, could be Murray, heck, could even be Grigorenko for all we know. They're super tight lipped about everything. We won't know what they're thinking until 5 PM on June 22nd.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:49 AM
nullterm

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Honestly man, management is unpredictable. We have no clue what they're thinking right now. Could be Yakupov, could be Murray, heck, could even be Grigorenko for all we know. They're super tight lipped about everything. We won't know what they're thinking until 5 PM on June 22nd.
Based on this last week, next week should be even crazier leading up to the draft. They have been super tight lipped (or honestly have yet to decide) and the fans & forums have been in a state of uproar. Media guys are having their time in the sun getting in their thoughts & opinions out and getting reactions back.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:15 AM
dobiezeke*

Groundhog day...2010....2011. Amazing that all the same complainers are lining up again to second guess the draft. It's like we've never heard Oilers management downplay selecting the "chosen" number one.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:16 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Yup, you drop the trade value and you potentially piss off the consensus top pick. Nothing good comes out of a statement like that.

06-17-2012, 02:21 AM
Lay Z Boy GM

I wonder what kind of mistakes will have to be made before Katz decides to clean house. Will he ever do it? Is being pals with Lowe that important or does Katz just have an immense amount of faith in these guys for some reason?

I don't care if Tambellini has just been re-signed, he should be fired if he ****s up the draft and free agency.

Lay Z Boy GM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:22 AM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Yup, you drop the trade value and you potentially piss off the consensus top pick. Nothing good comes out of a statement like that.
Why are you getting sucked into this? The Oilers have done the same thing for the past two years...and who did they select?

Old
06-17-2012, 02:24 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
I wonder what kind of mistakes will have to be made before Katz decides to clean house. Will he ever do it? Is being pals with Lowe that important or does Katz just have an immense amount of faith in these guys for some reason?

I don't care if Tambellini has just been re-signed, he should be fired if he ****s up the draft and free agency.
People have wanted Lowe fired since he became GM in 2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
Why are you getting sucked into this? The Oilers have done the same thing for the past two years...and who did they select?
I'd rather the team not overhype these players and then be disappointed.

06-17-2012, 02:30 AM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
People have wanted Lowe fired since he became GM in 2000.

I'd rather the team not overhype these players and then be disappointed.
Send them a text...maybe they haven't realized how they wronged you...I'm sure your feelings/opinion are important to them.