HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tambo Re-signed

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2012, 12:51 AM
  #826
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 10,715
vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
Lets recap since we won the Lottery Tambo on tsn expresses Good chance the pick is in play than the next day says on the radio Yakupov is not near the Level of Hall or Rnh . Lowe comes on the radio and trys to do damage control . Now it will take a deal to blow their socks off to move that pick after severely reducing the value . Now we are a week away and no takers on a trade down it seems they did not Want Yakupov from the start can't trade down and are leaning towards a player not near Yaks level. This management is already a joke imo.
I'm not a fan of Tambellini at all, but this is some serious purple monkey dishwasher.

Psycho Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:16 AM
  #827
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermullet View Post
I'm not a fan of Tambellini at all, but this is some serious purple monkey dishwasher.
Really what part is false.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:21 AM
  #828
Arpeggio
Registered User
 
Arpeggio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
Really what part is false.
Can't call out management for not taking Yakupov until they don't take Yakupov.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:28 AM
  #829
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
Can't call out management for not taking Yakupov until they don't take Yakupov.
Where is that in there I said it seems like they don't want Yakupov and are leaning towards taking a player not near Yakupov's level. And this is what I am assuming from BBO earlier statements from his source. And Tambo saying the Pick was not at the level of Hall or RnH was dumb but agree to disagree.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:43 AM
  #830
JSC
Registered Sniper
 
JSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
Where is that in there I said it seems like they don't want Yakupov and are leaning towards taking a player not near Yakupov's level. And this is what I am assuming from BBO earlier statements from his source. And Tambo saying the Pick was not at the level of Hall or RnH was dumb but agree to disagree.
Honestly man, management is unpredictable. We have no clue what they're thinking right now. Could be Yakupov, could be Murray, heck, could even be Grigorenko for all we know. They're super tight lipped about everything. We won't know what they're thinking until 5 PM on June 22nd.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:49 AM
  #831
nullterm
Registered User
 
nullterm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port Moody, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Honestly man, management is unpredictable. We have no clue what they're thinking right now. Could be Yakupov, could be Murray, heck, could even be Grigorenko for all we know. They're super tight lipped about everything. We won't know what they're thinking until 5 PM on June 22nd.
Based on this last week, next week should be even crazier leading up to the draft. They have been super tight lipped (or honestly have yet to decide) and the fans & forums have been in a state of uproar. Media guys are having their time in the sun getting in their thoughts & opinions out and getting reactions back.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:15 AM
  #832
dobiezeke*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Groundhog day...2010....2011. Amazing that all the same complainers are lining up again to second guess the draft. It's like we've never heard Oilers management downplay selecting the "chosen" number one.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:16 AM
  #833
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Bozo Buddies
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
Where is that in there I said it seems like they don't want Yakupov and are leaning towards taking a player not near Yakupov's level. And this is what I am assuming from BBO earlier statements from his source. And Tambo saying the Pick was not at the level of Hall or RnH was dumb but agree to disagree.
Yup, you drop the trade value and you potentially piss off the consensus top pick. Nothing good comes out of a statement like that.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:21 AM
  #834
Lay Z Boy GM
Registered User
 
Lay Z Boy GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,346
vCash: 500
I wonder what kind of mistakes will have to be made before Katz decides to clean house. Will he ever do it? Is being pals with Lowe that important or does Katz just have an immense amount of faith in these guys for some reason?

I don't care if Tambellini has just been re-signed, he should be fired if he ****s up the draft and free agency.

Lay Z Boy GM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:22 AM
  #835
dobiezeke*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Yup, you drop the trade value and you potentially piss off the consensus top pick. Nothing good comes out of a statement like that.
Why are you getting sucked into this? The Oilers have done the same thing for the past two years...and who did they select?

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:24 AM
  #836
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
I wonder what kind of mistakes will have to be made before Katz decides to clean house. Will he ever do it? Is being pals with Lowe that important or does Katz just have an immense amount of faith in these guys for some reason?

I don't care if Tambellini has just been re-signed, he should be fired if he ****s up the draft and free agency.
People have wanted Lowe fired since he became GM in 2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
Why are you getting sucked into this? The Oilers have done the same thing for the past two years...and who did they select?
I'd rather the team not overhype these players and then be disappointed.

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:30 AM
  #837
dobiezeke*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
People have wanted Lowe fired since he became GM in 2000.

I'd rather the team not overhype these players and then be disappointed.
Send them a text...maybe they haven't realized how they wronged you...I'm sure your feelings/opinion are important to them.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.