HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - All Purpose Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2012, 06:01 AM
Xoggz22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
If Dubinsky rebounds to a 55 pt player, than him + kreider or stepan alone is overpayment. That's sbout 100 pts or more for about 4m less and alot less years as well
Don't get me wrong, I like Dubinsky and wouldn't mind him on Columbus but he's a 40-45 pt player. he hit 54 pts once so "rebounding" to a 55 pt player seems like a stretch. Again, I'm not saying he sucks but he's closer to a salary offset in this deal than a major piece.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:04 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAllstar10 View Post
Claude is worth wayyy more than Nash.
JVR ++ could probably fetch Nash
Talking about Giroux for Nash even if its Nash+ is just plain crazy talk
Yes, Giroux was an out there suggestion. I think he/she may have been going for effect. Given the way this thread has gone.... who knows. Giroux shouldn't be in this discussion.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:07 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Would jackets fans consider Gagner, Hemsky, 2012 first overall for Nash, Johansen and Marc Methot.
No they wouldn't. I just don't see how those pieces improve Columbus. don't like Gagner or Hemsky. Very bad deal for Columbus. I'll just leave it at that.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:12 AM
StrongIslanders90

IMHO thats too much for NYI to give up....I know Nash is a star but thats still too much...

I wouldnt mind doing Grabner and Nino +......

Simonds ans Schenn got Mike Richards and Vorechek and 1st(Couturier) got Carter. Also Johnson and a 1st got Carter as well.

So IMO Grabner Nino plus is fair to start with....

Old
06-17-2012, 06:40 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
You're quoting a guy from the NY Post? Why not ask the National Inquirer what they think? I interpretted your posts as directed at the Columbus fans (yes there are a few in this thread that seem crazy enough to think that might be "realistic").

Dubinsky needs to be part of the deal with the Rangers (for cap balance) and then it's going to likely be something like Miller, 2012 or 13 1st and another roster player. This is where the debate stems. There are several that CBJ fans want and think Howson should push for. Why shouldn't he? It will likely come down to someone like Hagelin, Stepan, MDZ. Columbus may end up putting something else in the deal too.

No one. NO ONE has asked for McD, MDZ, Stepan AND Kreider. If so, they are trolling or simply clueless.
The guy from the Post has been the Rangers beat writer since 1996. When it comes to the Rangers,he is right on. He knows much more about this topic than you do.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:09 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
You're quoting a guy from the NY Post? Why not ask the National Inquirer what they think? I interpretted your posts as directed at the Columbus fans (yes there are a few in this thread that seem crazy enough to think that might be "realistic").

Dubinsky needs to be part of the deal with the Rangers (for cap balance) and then it's going to likely be something like Miller, 2012 or 13 1st and another roster player. This is where the debate stems. There are several that CBJ fans want and think Howson should push for. Why shouldn't he? It will likely come down to someone like Hagelin, Stepan, MDZ. Columbus may end up putting something else in the deal too.

No one. NO ONE has asked for McD, MDZ, Stepan AND Kreider. If so, they are trolling or simply clueless.
I already provided sources where I got my information from. Now it's time to provide yours.

The reports were Dubinsky, one of McDonagh or Del Zotto, one of Stepan or Hagelin, and Kreider and a 2012 firsr rounder.

There isn't a single quote where Howson states he never asked for McDonagh and Kreider, and there isnt a single quote from anybody credible refuting what Brooks reported.

From yesterday:

Quote:
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
Hearing that CLB GM Scott Howson still asking for 4/5 major pieces in return for Rick Nash -- who would still have to waive his NTC
Quote:
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland
Industry sources say two quality roster players and two prospects is likely asking price for Rick Nash #CBJ #NHL
Portzline:

Quote:
Many have asked what names are being kicked about in the trade talks for Nash. The truth is, nobody can say for sure. You can look at the other team’s roster and put together a pretty good picture of what it would look like – young, a forward, a contract that’s not due to be UFA anytime soon, etc. – but we’re not privy to specific names. And we're not going to guess. The Blue Jackets demands in return for Nash would differ from club to club, depending on what each club has to offer. And, barring the ability to fix their goaltending situation via the Nash trade, the return will be forward heavy.
Portzline, Dreger, McKenzie, Kypreos, etc...all respected guys in the industry who don't write for the NY Post and who never once refuted what Brooks was reporting.

Howson himself said the asking price was "high". Do the math -- he rejected Dubinsky (who he's always coveted), Miller (15th overall), Erixon (19th overall), Thomas (40th overall) and the 28th overall pick in 2012. There are only a few options left, and they definitely didnt include Prust or Rupp or Ryan Bourque.

That means he wanted more. Strickland for the 2nd time confirmed that Howson wants two NHL roster players and two top prospects. At the time of the trade news, McDonagh was in the NHl and coveted. and Kreider was the Rangers' best prospect.

You're entitled to believe the Brooks report is wrong, but not a single soul has denied it. Not one, including Howson himself.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:15 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The guy from the Post has been the Rangers beat writer since 1996. When it comes to the Rangers,he is right on. He knows much more about this topic than you do.
Those tabloid sensationalism freaks over at the Post must have people at THN on the take.

I mean, how else could you explain LB being named one of THN's 100 People of Power seven times.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Ok first off Rangers fans, Nash is not overrated he's not horrible and I very much doubt he's declining. He does have a horrible cap hit, but he is a superstar talent that should get a good return. Columbus fans, yes Nash would help the Rangers scoring IF the price is reasonable. the Rangers can NOT give up 4 major pieces as rumored because 1. They had no depth last year and giving up 4 pieces takes it away even more. 2. The Rangers are going to have to keep their young talent so they will need some players who are cheap since we already have Gaborik, Hank, Richards making a lot of money and players to sign next few years. So yes we can add Nash but not at the price of Kreider a top d man plus. Howson has all the right to ask for it, just like Rangers have rights to decline. So let's just get this straight Nash is not overrated at all but he's also not worth the rumored price Columbus wants. It's really that simple
Exactly. And it really is simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Nash is overrated since he's perceived by the hockey media as a superstar player. It's beyond annoying at this point.
Whoa. You mean members of the hockey media might be off-base, or maybe even exaggerate, or maybe aren't paying as close attention as we'd like?

Huh. And all this time I trusted Larry Brooks and Darren Dreger.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:26 AM
steveat

Take out the conditional 2013 draft and 2012 1st round pick. We take out the 2nd round pick.

NYI adds Grabner and rights to PA before July 1st

in exchange gets Tyutin

CBJ is doing a salary dump really and 7.8 mill is way overpaid.

Donovan is NHL ready this season and you are in a position to choose Murray which is NHL ready too. 2 x top Dman young players for rebuilding while we get a top 4 we really need. You also get Okposo/Grabner and probably PA for around 4 mill average per year and probably a combined total points of 150, not to mention what Donovan can do.

Proposal now:

to Columbus
- Kyle Okposo
- Matt Donovan
- Evgeny Nabokov
- Grabner
- Rights to PA until July 1st (he's looking for about 4.5 and had 67 points this year)

to the Isles
- Rick Nash
- Tyutin

The new guys will cost you (CBJ) about the same as Nash and Tyutin combined and will bring a buttload more scoring...even if you can't sign P.A., though I think 4.5 would do it.

For NYI. Nash will replace Okposo up front and Tyutin will be our top 4 dman we are looking for. He may not be our top choice, but it's good enough and opens up Grabner's spot for one more of our prospects to fill. I'd really like to keep Nabby, but we can't do this 3 goalie song and dance for much longer.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
I already provided sources where I got my information from. Now it's time to provide yours.

The reports were Dubinsky, one of McDonagh or Del Zotto, one of Stepan or Hagelin, and Kreider and a 2012 firsr rounder.

There isn't a single quote where Howson states he never asked for McDonagh and Kreider, and there isnt a single quote from anybody credible refuting what Brooks reported.

From yesterday:

Portzline:

Portzline, Dreger, McKenzie, Kypreos, etc...all respected guys in the industry who don't write for the NY Post and who never once refuted what Brooks was reporting.

Howson himself said the asking price was "high". Do the math -- he rejected Dubinsky (who he's always coveted), Miller (15th overall), Erixon (19th overall), Thomas (40th overall) and the 28th overall pick in 2012. There are only a few options left, and they definitely didnt include Prust or Rupp or Ryan Bourque.

That means he wanted more. Strickland for the 2nd time confirmed that Howson wants two NHL roster players and two top prospects. At the time of the trade news, McDonagh was in the NHl and coveted. and Kreider was the Rangers' best prospect.

You're entitled to believe the Brooks report is wrong, but not a single soul has denied it. Not one, including Howson himself.
Howson should keep his demands high, he is trading his franchise player. Sure, that deal "rumor" hasn't been denied, but at the same time, as a Jacket fan I'm glad it was rejected because it is all potential and nothing proven. Also, as for that deal, Craig Patrick, the Senior Advisor to Howson, made it a point several times that the Rangers supposed offer wasn't the best deal on the table (check the Dispatch, too lazy to look it up).

Now as for what the deal will probably look like, I still think if Howson gets a young high quality top six roster player, top prospect and a first round pick, it will probably get done. What that looks like, Ranger fans won't like and Jacket fans don't want to accept Dubinsky (we have Dubinsky types already, that does not mean I don't like him). That said, I think Nash ends up in San Jose, call it a gut feeling.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:09 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I feel for you CBJ fans, Ranger fans are going to convince you how Dubinsky, Anisimov and Thomas are worth your best player. Dubinsky is the most overrated player on this forum

He has 3 goals in 21 career playoff games
he's got 18 goals in his last 120 games

he's overpaid by a decent amount yet they'll try and convince you he's a difference maker

Old
06-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I feel for you CBJ fans, Ranger fans are going to convince you how Dubinsky, Anisimov and Thomas are worth your best player. Dubinsky is the most overrated player on this forum

he's overpaid by a decent amount yet they'll try and convince you he's a difference maker
Nah, some of us just want him off the team.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Osgood As It Gets
Church of Nyquist

vCash: 651
SJS: Nash

COL: Marleau, Oleksuk,Thomas Greiss

Old
06-17-2012, 08:36 AM
SpeedDemon

vCash: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
IMHO thats too much for NYI to give up....I know Nash is a star but thats still too much...

I wouldnt mind doing Grabner and Nino +......

Simonds and Schenn got Mike Richards and Vorechek and 1st(Couturier) got Carter. Also Johnson and a 1st got Carter as well.

So IMO Grabner Nino plus is fair to start with....
let's start with the fact that Paul Holmgren isn't as greedy as Scott Howson.

Also Carter was well established player. It took Okposo 4 years to put together a 20 goal season. Carter managed a heck of a lot more than that. Not to mention Columbus gave up on Voracek just as they did on Filatov and Zherdev. Euros aren't exactly popular in their system.

I wouldn't want to trade Grabner just yet. If he find his game again I'd rather add a 3 rd speedster to play with him and Nielsen.

As for Nino he hasn't shown much but that's because he's been played in role he shouldn't be playing in anyway.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:42 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
SJS: Nash

COL: Marleau, Oleksuk,Thomas Greiss

At best Marleau for Nash is a lateral swap, why would we add? I don't really mind adding Greiss, but he's a UFA after next season so I doubt CBJ is interested. I could absolutely see DW moving Marleau, I think it's a mistake, but It wouldn't surprise me.

I would assume CBJ would want Niemi, not Greiss. I also doubt Marleau would waive for CBJ, so that seems like a bad plan in general. If we make a deal I still assume Pavelski is involved, as idiotic as that would be.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:55 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post

Ironic that they guy in your avatar may be the most overrated prospect.

06-17-2012, 09:02 AM
coolstorybro

for those trashing Brooks, heres a non ranger fan perspective -

as much as I hate the guy, he knows the rangers (and msg) inside out and is probably the best on the rangers beat out there. yes he writes for a ****** paper, but he has more sources than any other pro-rangers blogger/columnist/journalist in the biz.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:08 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

The Rangers arent stupid. Sather isnt the only one with say in this. Gordie Clark has pretty much hand picked most of the home-grown Rangers who are under 25.

Mike Barnett was a GM in Phoenix. Jeff Gorton was an Asst. GM in Boston. Doug Risebrough and Tom Thompson were both in Minnesota's FO, and Anders Hedberg was the Asst GM of the Swedish National team.

These guys know who they cant part with. They know giving up McDonagh and Kreider ruins everything they worked for. The Blue Jackets are in disarray with or without Nash.

Sure, it's perfectly fine to ask for Howson to ask for what he wants, just like when I was 10 and I told my parents I wouldnt do my homework unless they bought me an $175 Easton Black Magic.

At some point, you have to come back down to Earth.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolstorybro View Post
for those trashing Brooks, heres a non ranger fan perspective -

as much as I hate the guy, he knows the rangers (and msg) inside out and is probably the best on the rangers beat out there. yes he writes for a ****** paper, but he has more sources than any other pro-rangers blogger/columnist/journalist in the biz.
Which means he prints what the Rangers tell him...

How are his sources outside that organization?

Old
06-17-2012, 09:32 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
The likeliest scenario is that a deal will be consummated on Thursday, on the eve of the draft, or on Friday night, before or after Bettman’s convocation address. The deal will be a blockbuster, inherently, and it will set the draft floor on its ear.
There is a lesser chance that a Nash trade will not happen until the free-agent market opens on July 1, but you probably will not have to hold your breath that long.
Dispatch reporter Aaron Portzline reported that at least seven teams have had “significant” trade talks with the Jackets in the past 10 days. Those talks will intensify.
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...and-soon.html?

Portzline says 7-10 teams.

Quote:
Up to a half-dozen teams — including Philadelphia, San Jose, Carolina, perhaps Toronto and perhaps Boston — are in the race, but the Rangers could end the derby in a heartbeat by agreeing to send Kreider to Columbus. There is less chance of that occurring than of Sean Avery returning to the team as an assistant coach.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1y3nKJdEQ
Brooks says Carolina, but Nash has a full NMC and I have a hard time thinking he waves to a team whose made the playoffs once in the last six years.

Quote:
Elliott Pap@ElliottPap
Nucks not on Rick Nash's 'approved list', says Columbus writer Aaron Portzline. The five are: Leafs, Bruins, NYR, Sharks, Kings. #canucks
That was from February. You can probably take the Leafs off that list.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:47 AM
coolstorybro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Which means he prints what the Rangers tell him...

How are his sources outside that organization?
his sources with the 2 other local teams are pretty good.

and he's given his negative opinion many many times regarding the rangers. he's gotten into multiple altercations with torts as well. i highly doubt he's just a mouth piece for MSG.

edit: i can't believe im defending brooks.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Nikita Filatov

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...and-soon.html?

Portzline says 7-10 teams.

Brooks says Carolina, but Nash has a full NMC and I have a hard time thinking he waves to a team whose made the playoffs once in the last six years.

That was from February. You can probably take the Leafs off that list.
Wherever Nash goes, he will always agree to going to Toronto. It's his hometown and he has said in the past how he would enjoy playing for the Leafs.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Kreider would have to be in the trade IMO.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:05 AM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcunac View Post
I think it may even be an overpayment from NYI. 4th overall, plus younger, cheaper, scoring power forward winger plus the possibility of another first? Okposo is 24 and had only 14 points less than Nash. I don't even know who Donovan is.

This is ignoring Nash's NTC and salary.
Overpayment is right...Nash is a big bodied plodder who maxes out at 65 points. Doesn't really hit or fight for a "power forward" and carries an albatross of a contract.

Sure he'd look great on JT's wing, and might even put up 75 points there, but the $7 million is a non-starter for the Isles and most teams in this money-pit of a league.

Haters will say that the Isles will never pay a player that much because they are cheap, forgetting that most teams have to be frugal to survive...all THAT said, Wang haters also choose to forget that Wang never makes money on this BUSINESS...

Old
06-17-2012, 10:05 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Kreider would have to be in the trade IMO.
your 1st for 3 years would have to be in the trade. I can also make outlandish statements.

Rangers didn't want to trade him earlier, why would they want to trade him now after the showcasing in the playoffs?

You know what, keep Nash. I think Rangers could find cheaper 60 point players (capwise and trade-wise) than Nash.

Closed Thread