HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

3 way deal: MTL-ANA-NYI

Old
06-17-2012, 09:28 AM
BozakKadriKessel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Yeah cuz nyi never traded dwn before oh wait what happened in 08

Get a brain
Man stop getting so crazy. You ask for for peoples opinion and you got it. What did you expect everyone to be open to trade plekance for the 6th overall pick? No I wouldn't trade my 6th overall pick for the guy either. I mean you only are adding in one pick too for the NYI to move back two spots. I'm not saying the Isles won't move down but it won't be for that package. and the Habs will not be getting a 4th pick for that either.

BozakKadriKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
someones getting mad cause everyone is disagreeing with him

sorry,but a 30 year old 2nd line center isnt getting you the 6th pick
Umm To be fair, only you are flat out disagreeing with him.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
The only way the Ducks do this I think is if they are very very very desperate for a #2 center. There are other options out there that wouldn't cost nearly as much as a 6th overall pick. Jokinen could be a UFA, because Connolly had a down year he may be able to be had for cheap and he may find his game again, he is still good for 35+ points. Or, Anaheim manages to draft a center with their pick and he plays next year. I do not see Anaheim trading the pick for Pleks.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Umm To be fair, only you are flat out disagreeing with him.
nope.a few people in this thread told him his offer wasnt enough for the 6th pick.try reading next time.

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 09:45 AM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Snow has had high lottery picks in 2008,2009,2010 and 2011.He's moved down 1x with those picks.

We are more likely to see Snow sit tight at #4,then try to trade back up into the first round from #34.
Agreed.

And in the event that the Isles do move down, it will be for a roster player: 23-28 years old, under contract for the next three seasons, and likely a defenseman.

The cupboards are stocked, we have no need for picks.

Change the original proposal to:

Montreal gets: 4th overall, 34th overall, 2013 1st, and Parenteau's rights

Islanders get: Subban

bluechipbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
nope.a few people in this thread told him his offer wasnt enough for the 6th pick.try reading next time.
I said flat out. Saying he needs to add a little isn't being as narrow minded as you.

You should probably use your advice.

Anyways, where's the reasoning behind the habs losing centre depth for another high pick ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Agreed.

And in the event that the Isles do move down, it will be for a roster player: 23-28 years old, under contract for the next three seasons, and likely a defenseman.

Not horrible at all. Value is there, but I guess like the Islanders getting more picks the main question is "why" ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 09:59 AM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I said flat out. Saying he needs to add a little isn't being as narrow minded as you.

You should probably use your advice.

Anyways, where's the reasoning behind the habs losing centre depth for another high pick ?

Not horrible at all. Value is there, but I guess like the Islanders getting more picks the main question is "why" ?
Why for NYI: they need young top four d-men, Subban is buddies with JT

Why for MTL: they can draft Galy and Grigs, and be set at centre in two years. If one of them isn't available, they will have their pick of the rest of a very nice litter at #4...

Why the why?

Old
06-17-2012, 10:01 AM
theboss*

Quote:
Agreed.

Montreal gets: 4th overall, 34th
overall, 2013 1st, and Parenteau's
rights

That is bad for the islanders

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:03 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
That is bad for the islanders
It is,which makes me glad some of these posters are not the actual NYI gm.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:10 AM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
It is,which makes me glad some of these posters are not the actual NYI gm.
And what pray tell, do you think Montreal would accept for Subban...?

Remember not to subtract Hamonic, or any other young roster player. I could have done that, and made you happy- but then reality would have sunk in in the form of other posters who have an idea of Subban's trade value outside of NHL 2012.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Keystone

If the idea of the OP was to get Griggs and galy then I don,t think you need the forth pick the way Griggs stock has fallen supposedly. Trade plekanec and the second to the ducks for 6th overall to get Griggs. Or maybe to the jets or canes.

Personally I wouldn't move that much though for grigerenko. I like what I have seen but, it doesn't look like the experts believe in him.

Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:23 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
And what pray tell, do you think Montreal would accept for Subban...?

Remember not to subtract Hamonic, or any other young roster player. I could have done that, and made you happy- but then reality would have sunk in in the form of other posters who have an idea of Subban's trade value outside of NHL 2012.
Why would Montreal trade a young stud,who is a key building block for picks or prospects?
They wouldn't.Unless wildly overpaid.If Snow asked for Subban,Montreal would insist on Hamonic.

You are the one playing NHL 2012, to think teams trade their young studs for draft picks,who maybe will someday have the impact, of the player they are trading away.

Players like that are traded away when they won't sign,demand trades or become too expensive for their teams to keep.None of those conditions apply to Subban.

And no way would Snow offer a high lottery pick,a high 2nd and next seasons first for Subban.Not when his 2011-2012 team finished a high lottery pick team.

What's next on the NHL 2012 plan after acquiring Subban?Signing Parise and trading for Nash?

Old
06-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I don't know what Plekanec is "worth", it's subjective, not just to us as fans, but also to teams depending on their situations. To me, I'd think the Habs at least ought to be trying to compete next year, and as such they couldn't/shouldn't trade Plekanec for a draft pick. Maybe 1st overall. But with question marks about whether any of the players after that will become impact NHLers, then the team really just has to keep Plekanec. He's very important to them for the upcoming seasons. Probably if you were going to shop a top pick, you could find a team with a different subjective valuation of that pick, and you could find a situation where you easily get a player of Plekanec's value, or greater. But regardless of that, for the Habs in their specific situation, there's no way I'd trade Plekanec for that pick.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Emerald Duck

The challenge (or problem) with all these draft day deals is that a lot depends on what happens on draft day ahead of our pick.

In this proposal, give us a call after the Habs pick #3, and everyone can see who's available, recalculate their projections for 4/5/6 and then MON/NYI/ANA (or even TOR) can decide whether they can stand pat, have to move up in a deal to guarantee the selection of their player, or can afford to move down and still get one of their top guys along with more draft picks and/or players.

In regards to the OP, I don't see the Ducks making this deal before Friday night. Yes we need a 2C and we are looking at options. Unfortunately, Murray just signed Koivu to a $3.8M contract and I don't imagine he was signed at that amount to play 3C. The Ducks might be looking at a younger player who can grow into the 2C role during the season (Holland, Bonino or someone outside the org). Plekanecs would fill the role but so would Connolly and he would not require the #6 pick by himself. There are also a couple UFA options available if we keep our pick.

Should be an exciting Friday night at the draft.

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:34 AM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

i think if the habs add a 2013 2nd, the ducks would do it.

the islanders literally pick up a free 2nd. montreal moves up to draft grigs and gally. yakupov and murray were already taken. im 100% sure toronto wont take a D, so the defenceman there at 4, are still there at 6

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:38 AM
JustAHabFan

Pleks and our 33rd pick for Duck's 4th overall pick is fair. But we couldn't afford to lose Pleks. The only way we do it is to tank next season.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 11:23 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
someones getting mad cause everyone is disagreeing with him

sorry,but a 30 year old 2nd line center isnt getting you the 6th pick
Ducks fans have posted on numerous occasions they would do a deal around 6th overall and Plekanec.

I have no idea why you're fighting that guy about it. Argue with Ducks fans, not him. I'm not even joking, there was like 4 threads on this board within the last week that had ducks fans agreeing to the deal. Some may have asked for a little sweetner in a later pick, but for the most part, they saw Plekanec-Ryan as a strong duo that they would go after.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 11:29 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Habs get
4th overall

Ducks get
Plekanec

NYI gets
6th overall
Mtl second round draft pick (33rd)

Ducks get their second line C. Nyi moves down two spots but they get a high second round pick and they still can draft a d. Habs get 4th overall and draft grigs and with the the 3rd overall habs draft gally
To be fair, I'm perfectly content trading Plekanec to Ducks(as many ducks fans have at least considered) in exhange for the 6th overall. I don't see a need to go #3 and #4. #3 and #6 seem legit to me.

We're bound to get 2 of Yakupov/Murray/Forsberg/TT/Grigorenko/Galchenyuk/etc...

I mean, it would SUCK to lose plekanec but I want to be a long term contender. Imagine getting say Galchenyuk at #3 and Grigorenko at #6? Even Gally/Forsberg would be awesome.

What a core moving forward with those two, price, subban, beaulieu, tinordi, pacioretty. Not to mention, we'd prob suck one more year while galchenyuk/grigo get more seasoning in juniors and likely end up with mckinnon too.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 06-17-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old
06-17-2012, 11:51 AM
BlueStFX

I think the Ducks/NYI would rather have montreal out of the equation. This way they could do this:

To NYI: 6th, 36th

To ANA: 4th

That way ANA can draft a good C in Gally/Grigs.

BlueStFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 11:56 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Moving into the top 4, even from only 6 will take more than just #33. Imo would have to be another 1st involved or a quality prospect if you wanna draft back to back.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 11:59 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
Moving into the top 4, even from only 6 will take more than just #33. Imo would have to be another 1st involved or a quality prospect if you wanna draft back to back.
Show me a situation in the past where this has occured. Where a team had to give up up 6th overall and another 1st to move up to 4th.

At best, I've seen a 2nd and a 3rd to move up into top 5. Toronto/NYI in 2008.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:10 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Agreed.

Sooo 2 top 5 picks, a very early 2nd in a deep draft & the rights of a soon-to-be UFA that is rumored to be a target of Mtl anyway for PK Subban??? No. Pick #4 could be just as good in the future, never mind 34, next yrs pick or PA. This trade destroys the future for the isles just to get one top 4 dman.

I'd love PK on this team. He'd help in so many ways, but not at this cost

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStFX View Post
I think the Ducks/NYI would rather have montreal out of the equation. This way they could do this:

To NYI: 6th, 36th

To ANA: 4th

That way ANA can draft a good C in Gally/Grigs.
Or Habs trade down:

To Ducks: 3rd

To Habs: Palmieri, 6th

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 12:49 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Show me a situation in the past where this has occured. Where a team had to give up up 6th overall and another 1st to move up to 4th.

At best, I've seen a 2nd and a 3rd to move up into top 5. Toronto/NYI in 2008.
That is the return I think we would see,if Snow moves down a few spots.

Snow trades down a few spots,still gets his scouts choice at #6,while adding a few high picks to use in a short term trade.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Pleks and our 33rd pick for Duck's 4th overall pick is fair. But we couldn't afford to lose Pleks. The only way we do it is to tank next season.
Galchenyuk, Grigorenko and McKinnon?

That would be pretty scary going forward for the North East.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote