HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part VI) - "Kane? Nash? Ryan?"

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
this Nash talk scares me again.....the team did great I really dont want to see even a Hagelin go in a deal. I like Miller to be a very good 3rd line maybe 2nd line player soon too.........They also just got Erixon and McIlrath is going to be a nasty beast.

Just keep the kids Sather. I don't mind a trade but at this time I'm more willing to move Dubinsky and Anisimov and a prospect like Thomas to get it

Old
06-17-2012, 07:22 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
He did score in San Jose...

He scored 39 goals and 82 points his first year with the Sharks

He then had ONE down year in which he still wouldve been our leading scorer that season (64 points) and was immediately traded to the offensively inept non-playoff Minnesota Wild.

Yes, he failed to score goals in the playoffs for San Jose, but that entire team is just a gigantic mess in the playoffs, and he still put up 22 points in those 32 games. Better than Gaborik's playoff numbers as a Ranger and he's hailed as a god around here.

Heatley has 57 points in 66 playoff games. When he was on a contender in Ottawa, he was more than a point-per-game player in the playoffs after scoring back to back 50+goal/100+point seasons. Put him on a contender like the Rangers and he could very well find his top level again.

Like I said, it will likely cost significantly, SIGNIFICANTLY less than Nash for a player who's actually proven and produced a TON more throughout his career, and the length of his contract makes it much less of a risk IF it turns out bad.

He's definitely a consideration.
he scored in San Jose because of Joe Thornton. Joe Thornton has this thing where he likes to make guys look better than they actually are. example A: Jonathan Cheechoo. guy scores 56 goals one year and then falls off the face of the Earth.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Howson Rick Nash ain't Eric Lindros!!!!

Dubinsky, Anisimov, Hagelin, Miller, 28th or nothing.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:51 AM
mti79

I put this thought in the last thread but then all the bickering took over and it may have gotten lost in the shuffle... Just wondering what people thought about this:

Quote:
I'm sure this will be an unpopular idea but what about bringing Sykora back? Can play either wing in the top 9 and score some goals. Probably wouldn't cost too much. May want a 2 year deal though.

Kreider- Stepan - Gaborik
Sykora - Richards - Callahan
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Hagelin
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Still open to exploring what Radulov would cost from a trade/contract aspect. Obviously there are bigger fish in the pool but that will cost money or assets that we may not want to part with.

Also, I think Sather will do his diligence and at least make a phone call to see what Parise, Suter, Semin are looking for.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I put this thought in the last thread but then all the bickering took over and it may have gotten lost in the shuffle... Just wondering what people thought about this:
Absolutely correct, it is an unpopular idea!

Seriously though, no thank you. I can't handle the stress of 14 posts a game and he's not the player he used to be. Still has something in the tank but he'll probably stay in NJ.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:06 AM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Absolutely correct, it is an unpopular idea!

Seriously though, no thank you. I can't handle the stress of 14 posts a game and he's not the player he used to be. Still has something in the tank but he'll probably stay in NJ.
ha ha... Like I said, I figured it would be but the guy showed he can still play in the NHL, scored 21 goals last year and had a cap hit of $650K. The guy has scored 20+ goals every year he's been in the NHL since 97-98 except the year he only played in 14 games for Minnesota.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

As a hockey move, I would totally take Heatley as a complementary piece scoring 25 goals a year. Some of you are looking to bring another superstar 40 goal scorer in here and that is not necessarily what we need.

As a business move, that is where this conversation ends. 7.5 million is way too much a cap hit for a complementary player.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:20 AM
Alvvays
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post

3 top-9 forwards for Nash?

Awful. If that was offered I'm pretty sure Nash would be gone right now.

06-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:

We would have two lines.. you just traded away your 3rd line, dubi/anis/hags lol

Old
06-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
As a hockey move, I would totally take Heatley as a complementary piece scoring 25 goals a year. Some of you are looking to bring another superstar 40 goal scorer in here and that is not necessarily what we need.

As a business move, that is where this conversation ends. 7.5 million is way too much a cap hit for a complementary player.
Isn't there someone other than a parise in FA or on the block who can score 25 if that's all we lookin for?

Old
06-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
We would have two lines.. you just traded away your 3rd line, dubi/anis/hags lol
Kind of what it is, yeah.

I have said, and will say again, much as I love him if we are trading a dman away for a great player it should be Marc Staal.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Kind of what it is, yeah.

I have said, and will say again, much as I love him if we are trading a dman away for a great player it should be Marc Staal.
I would have to agree, nothing against Staal but with McDonagh, and Girardi playing how they are he could be moved. I don't think you trade him for Nash, but Kane? Probably.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

You can't trade Staal. Any way you slice it, you can't. Who the hell replaces him?

If we were going in for Kane, I'd move Del Zotto and McIlrath on the defensive end, that's it.

Del Zotto, McIlrath, 2012 1st, and 2013 3rd for Kane and 2012 2nd.

When you have Staal, McDonagh, and Girardi as your top 3 guys, you can't trade one of them, because who is gonna replace him? We'd be left with a top pairing and then MDZ and the other 3 d men whoever they may be.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:12 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
The Rangers could be the biggest movers this week. Nash, Bobby Ryan and Ryan Getzlaf of the Ducks, and defensemen Shea Weber of the Predators and Tobias Enstrom of the Jets could be targets, with the Rangers using their No. 28 pick and/or some of their deep prospect pool to swing a deal.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ason-1.3786615

The 28th pick is in a weak draft. Deep prospect pool? Besides Chris Kreider(who isn't a prospect anymore),the Rangers don't have a young forward who can compete for roster spot if camp opens in September. Ryan Bourque,Christian Thomas and Andrew Yogan will begin the season in the AHL. JT Miller is still 19 years old. AHL or OHL for him. Jesper Fast and Oscar Lindberg will play in Sweden next season. On defense,its Tim Erixon and Dylan McIlrath. That's it. That's a deep prospect pool? Do the Rangers really have the depth to be giving 3 or 4 roster players and getting back 1 roster player?They lacked depth on the 11-12 team.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

The 28th pick is in a weak draft. Deep prospect pool? Besides Chris Kreider(who isn't a prospect anymore),the Rangers don't have a young forward who can compete for roster spot if camp opens in September. Ryan Bourque,Christian Thomas and Andrew Yogan will begin the season in the AHL. JT Miller is still 19 years old. AHL or OHL for him. Jesper Fast and Oscar Lindberg will play in Sweden next season. On defense,its Tim Erixon and Dylan McIlrath. That's it. That's a deep prospect pool? Do the Rangers really have the depth to be giving 3 or 4 roster players and getting back 1 roster player?They lacked depth on the 11-12 team.
I could've sworn this was a strong draft. Last year was weak as ****. This year if you're drafting top 20, you're guaranteed a good pick. Now I know we are in the 28th spot, so our pick may not be a strong pick, but it is not a weak draft by any means.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Prospect pool isn't very deep ATM gotta agree, but apparently they have some guys on the roster they're willing to part with. Goes back to Tort's comments on break up day, we may be shocked who they are willing to move.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
I could've sworn this was a strong draft. Last year was weak as ****. This year if you're drafting top 20, you're guaranteed a good pick. Now I know we are in the 28th spot, so our pick may not be a strong pick, but it is not a weak draft by any means.
I've been reading that this year IS a weak draft.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
This always happens, I've already seen several posts on how this draft is weak and next years is ultra deep. Just like last year and the year before that, this draft however isn't real deep. Next year does look to be good, but this is a common trend around here.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:

no way do i do that if im the Rangers.Nash isnt THAT great

Old
06-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Yakupov, Murray, Galchenyuk, Girgensons, Dumba, Grigorenko, Trouba, Rielly, Forsberg, Ceci, Reinhart, Subban, Maatta, Collberg, Koekkoek, and Frk does not spell weak to me. 28th pick may not be the best pick, but in a draft where all these players will be taken before we select, there may not be some bad options at 28.

Compared to last years draft: RNH, Larsson, Huberdeau, Landeskog, Strome, Zibinejad, Couturier, and Hamilton. We had the 15th pick last year and we were debating whether we'd take Miller or Tyler Biggs. I think we can say this year's draft is a bit deeper.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:23 AM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Not true. If Kane is refusing to sign, Winnipeg loses significant leverage. As someone else just posted, a solid roster player, top prospect, and draft picks would be enough.

I absolutely make that trade. If Kane is actually available, he'd be my number one target even if Ryan was on the table.
That would be enough if we were the only other team in the league. There are 28 other teams vying for Kane if he is available, and one is bound to offer their top prospect as part of a package.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:45 AM
DM23BK30

Heatley is hot garbage. Heatley is as desirable as the 3-acre used diaper dumping ground in East Baghdad.

Howson's an idiot. He should just shut his mouth. We complain about Slats and his Ivory Tower, but we should all be thankful we dont have a bumbling idiot like Howson running the organization and screwing over his local media in favor of TSN clownage.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:46 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

I have a feeling that we're all in for a surprise over the next few weeks.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
Thinking the same, really want one sniper forward

Old
06-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Heatley is hot garbage. Heatley is as desirable as the 3-acre used diaper dumping ground in East Baghdad.

Howson's an idiot. He should just shut his mouth. We complain about Slats and his Ivory Tower, but we should all be thankful we dont have a bumbling idiot like Howson running the organization and screwing over his local media in favor of TSN clownage.
I couldn't agree more. Like I said earlier he flip flops more than a politician and he's only hurting himself in the process. "I'll just keep Nash." Ok bud do that, but then you have this awkward situation that lingers in the locker room of your basement dweller team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
Agreed. Those comments by Torts, means some familiar faces won't be here IMO. He's trying to build a winner and as ****** as it is to hear it sounds like we have a few guys who can't handle the ups and downs very well.

Closed Thread