HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Latendresse, Kostitsyn, or both?

View Poll Results: Would you welcome these ex Habs back for next season?
Latendresse 26 20.16%
Kostitsyn 25 19.38%
Both 28 21.71%
Neither 50 38.76%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Davebo
beep beep

vCash: 500
Neither.

Water under the bridge with those under-achievers. They couldn't/wouldn't perform last time around, why would we expect anything different?

This team needs to move forward.

Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 11:13 PM
neumann103

At the presumed discount due to hysterical overrreaction to curfewgate, I would take AK46 back in a heartbeat.

neumann103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 11:44 PM
LaTenderness

Gui gui gui

LaTenderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:01 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Both if the term is under 2 years and if the salary is under 1.5M for Kovy and under 2 for Tender. We need to be sure that Bourque won't see any top6 minutes, because screw him.
Kovy isn't even part of the question.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:28 AM
Mr. Hab

Sergei?????
Andrei????

For me...neither (time to ****ing move on...it's a new beginning without slackers/inconsistent players that want too much $$$$ for being inconsistent...^&**$#%%^&*).

Guillaume (can't skate+injury prone/won't ever go in front of the net/thinks he's a skilled star) Latendresse???????!!!!! what the %^&*$#%

And, glad the none/neither option was finally added.

We want to move forward...not backwards.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 06-17-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:28 AM
FinnHab

Lapierre and O`Byrne please...

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:25 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
I'm probably the biggest AK-46 fans out there... but I don't want him back
I'm in the same boat as you are. And I want Latendresse even less.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Neither.

Water under the bridge with those under-achievers. They couldn't/wouldn't perform last time around, why would we expect anything different?

This team needs to move forward.
Under achievers?

25 years old Latendresse scored 33 goals in 82 games for the Wilds. If he stays healthy (big if), he could become our best goals scorer!

If I understand the CBA correctly, it would cost the Wilds at least 2,75M$ per year (a mandatory 10% increase right?) to NOT expose Latendresse to the free agents market. At 2,75M$ per year, given his recent injuries history, the price is too high, way too high, but what about 2 years at 1,5M$ per? Or one year at 2M$?

As for Kostitsyn (one of our best goals scorer since he joined the NHL btw) , I am a fan and he did look good alongside Eller imo. I prefer Parise (of course!), Parenteau or Gaustad but he would be a solid plan D imo.

And lol at Mr. Hab. Are you for real?

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitualwinner View Post
Speaking of hysterical...it prompts hysterical laughter when people continue to denigrate the importance of keeping curfew in the playoffs. Five minutes, five hours it doesn't matter. Nothing is as important in the playoffs as preparation and execution. You prepare by NOT carousing the night before a playoff game. It is amazing how even the lure of playing once again with his beloved little brother could not set him straight. A return to MTL at any price is a step in the wrong direction.
You know what? You are right; I overlooked the missed curfew during the last playoffs... it really is mind boggling. Andrei no longer is a solid plan D (as I first wrote) in my book!

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 06-17-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Habitualwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by neumann103 View Post
At the presumed discount due to hysterical overrreaction to curfewgate, I would take AK46 back in a heartbeat.
Speaking of hysterical...it prompts hysterical laughter when people continue to denigrate the importance of keeping curfew in the playoffs. Five minutes, five hours it doesn't matter. Nothing is as important in the playoffs as preparation and execution. You prepare by NOT carousing the night before a playoff game. It is amazing how even the lure of playing once again with his beloved little brother could not set him straight. A return to MTL at any price is a step in the wrong direction.

Habitualwinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:41 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I'd prefer the team move forward with new players as much as possible. Rehashing guys that had average success here is not the way to go forward. I would be extremely surprised if either of those guys is playing in Montreal this fall.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 11:17 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
I know about players being inconsistent, blablabla. Does not prevent from soem being even more inconsistent than others and that's what AK is. Don't get me wrong, I loved him and defended for ever, but he disapointed me this year and enough is enough, especially after is playoffs stunt.

As for Latendresse, trust me, he's lazy. I have my sources Exemple, showing up fat and out of shape at Wilds camps. Plus, is always injured. I'm not biased at all. I just know when it comes to Latendresse.
He banged his head in the board by himself to get a concussion and to NOT play and cash his NHL salary....

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
I'd prefer the team move forward with new players as much as possible. Rehashing guys that had average success here is not the way to go forward. I would be extremely surprised if either of those guys is playing in Montreal this fall.
I think Kostitsyn is an incredible third liner. If he's brought in to play 3rd line minutes, with some PP time here and there, and spot top-6 for struggling/injured forwards, I have no problem.

Latendresse really blossomed outside of Montreal.

Would you say no to Mike Ribeiro if the cost was just cap space? I would definitely take him back and I was never a fan of his at all.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 11:30 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
I think Kostitsyn is an incredible third liner. If he's brought in to play 3rd line minutes, with some PP time here and there, and spot top-6 for struggling/injured forwards, I have no problem.

Would you say no to Mike Ribeiro if the cost was just cap space? I would definitely take him back and I was never a fan of his at all.
At 4 million a year: NO WAY !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post

Regarding Andrei Kostitsyn... I was a fan (The Turtleneck Buddies line and, more recently, he looked good alongside Eller) but as underlined by Habitualwinner, the missed curfew during the last playoffs is mind boggling.

It does not bother you?

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Kostitsyn is good for 20 goals but 10 of them are put up in a 5 week period. Latendresse has played as much as Markov these last couple seasons. Even if they had never played here before (which they have, and that makes the situation even more sticky), you might not even want to acquire them in general, anyway.

This is coming from someone who thinks Latendresse will have a couple 30 goal seasons by the end of his career, and cheers for Andrei K. every single shift like no other Hab since Koivu.

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:39 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Regarding Andrei Kostitsyn... I was a fan (The Turtleneck Buddies line and, more recently, he looked good alongside Eller) but as underlined by Habitualwinner, the missed curfew during the last playoffs is mind boggling.

It does not bother you?
It was hugely overstated by the anti-russian and sometimes down-right xenophobic canadian media. Poile did his team a disservice suspending those guys. Seems that when AK was here, he never caused trouble. He was incredibly quiet and well liked in the locker room. There was that whole phone-contact mafia thing, but I can guarantee you that 9/10, someone has someone with mafia connections in their phone book. This is Montreal, after all.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 05:13 PM
neumann103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitualwinner View Post
Speaking of hysterical...it prompts hysterical laughter when people continue to denigrate the importance of keeping curfew in the playoffs. Five minutes, five hours it doesn't matter.

I find it incomprehensible that highly paid professional athletes can have such a lapse of focus as to miss curfew. It smacks of a lack of seriousness. But they are grown men. But come on, the difference between five minutes and five hours late absolutely does matter. One is slow cab ride and the other is total recklessness.

Part of the hysterical overreaction was all the early statements about it being stumbling into the lobby at 5AM, complete with references to how curfew was treated in the NHL with half an hour to an hour late being common and no big deal. When it later comes out they were 45 minutes late, where was that retrenchment.

Anyhow, they were foolish. And the reaction was way overblown to the point where their futures in the NHL are questioned. If that has a commensurate impact on salary, then of course I would consider signing. I always figured that Radulov was going back to the K for 2012-13 but I doubt that it is AK46's preference.

neumann103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Higgins, Lapierre, Komisarek, Chipchura. Who else? Lets try to get all the ex-Habs for dirt cheap.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Bullsmith

Akost is freshly gone, can't see him coming back under any scenario. Can't really see Lats back either, but I wouldn't complain if he came cheap. If he doesn't cut it, cut him, it's only money. His upside was always considerable, as sadly is his downside.

Not going to happen.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 08:39 PM
wedge

I'd try Latendresse on a short-term contract. He's proven he could score and hit. He's slow but has improved with the Wild. He's worth a try.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 08:47 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Akost is freshly gone, can't see him coming back under any scenario. Can't really see Lats back either, but I wouldn't complain if he came cheap. If he doesn't cut it, cut him, it's only money. His upside was always considerable, as sadly is his downside.

Not going to happen.
There's definitely very little chance he comes back this summer. I just can't see it happening. I don't think we bring back Lats either due to his recent health issues but I wouldn't be that surprised if he's contacted by Montreal.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Dekar

If our new coach would recognise and actually use the great chemistry Eller and Kostitsyn have, then I'd welcome AK back in a heartbeat. Latendresse was never a favourite of mine, no thank you to him.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post

As for Kostitsyn (one of our best goals scorer since he joined the NHL btw) ,
That's speaks more about how piss poor the Habs have been at putting the puck in the net collectively than it is a positive for Andrei.

And who cares how well fat boy put the puck in the net while playing for some other team. He can't do it HERE. Or, do you think he's magically 'fixed' now that he's been away from Montreal?

Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:16 AM
DenverHabsFan

Both are entering their prime and can probably be signed at a discount. They love Mtl and are more mature than before. What exactly is the downside?

at posters always saying we need to move on every time an ex-Habs is mentioned. Move on to what? Some overpriced UFA? Build around rookies who will take 3-4 years to develop and might go through the same growing pains as those two guys?

DenverHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:52 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
That's speaks more about how piss poor the Habs have been at putting the puck in the net collectively than it is a positive for Andrei.

And who cares how well fat boy put the puck in the net while playing for some other team. He can't do it HERE. Or, do you think he's magically 'fixed' now that he's been away from Montreal?
Why not? He was 22 when he left Montreal, is it so hard to conceive he might have grown as a person and as a hockey player now that he's 25?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote