HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - All Purpose Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2012, 11:57 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
...Nash is a big bodied plodder who maxes out at 65 points.
Big? Yep, 6'4", 218.

Max 65 points? Already exceeded that four times and just in his prime at 28.

Plodder? What's the point of going any further, you've obviously never seen him play in your life.

Old
06-17-2012, 11:58 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse2411 View Post
Nash - 547 points, 674 games played (for a team that has made the playoffs once)

Callahan - 198 points, 360 games played
Living in the past are we? Well Scott Gomez had quite a few points and goals () back in the day, and a few cups. Is he still that good, no. People decline. Sure Nash is better, and he would probably be a good fit in New York. But we don't know that with 100% certainty.

add all the other things and u see why rangers fans gets pissed off. nash wants out, his points just keeps on going down.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini29 View Post
Maybe so but he hasn't changed much as a player. He is still the same Rick Nash with the same strenghts. Maybe to you all of the "excuses" people say are yadda yadda but it's a fact that those things will affect player's performance and production.

If you've been playing on a bottom NHL team for practically all of your career, without real 1st line linemates, without any success and with all the pressure on you dont tell me that wont get to you at some point.

I believe Nash is still a 35-40 goalscorer with the potential to score close to 50 if he has all the tools to work with.
right, and I agree he would prob score 40 goals on the Rangers though there is no guarantee that he clicks with Richards and Gaborik. and there is a HUGE risk by giving up "4 major pieces" especially if one of them is Kreider, Stepan or McDonagh for the Rangers.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:04 PM
BlueJackets66

The high starting price is a great and ancient sales tactic, ask over the top and receive what you were actually willing to take and that most likely will be dubi, MDZ and first really nothing more nothing less. The 4-5 pieces is BS and we will end up with 2-3 pieces being either both roster players and pick or better roster and more prospects. I don't understand why that is so hard even though speculation is fun! My other point is that no matter what others says Nash is elite and yes I agree not by numbers but by intangables and tangibles his size creates space which allows other to excel, he is great ont the PK, leadership he played all 82 games last year which health is always an issue and you did not have that last year. He is a great guy that every team in the NHL would want. Now his contract is an albatross but for the reason previously pointed out well worth it. I am inno way trying or wanting to get rid of Nash but he is going somewhere and he will excel no matter the team and I can't wait to hear when he is traded and puts up 70-90 pts with 40+ goals to come back and point out every single person who said not elite! It makes me laugh. Fire away

Old
06-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
right, and I agree he would prob score 40 goals on the Rangers though there is no guarantee that he clicks with Richards and Gaborik. and there is a HUGE risk by giving up "4 major pieces" especially if one of them is Kreider, Stepan or McDonagh for the Rangers.
Indeed there is not. But then again there's never guarantees with any player unless you're superstar. Im pretty sure Richards and Nash would click though.

But i agree they shouldn't trade Kreider or McD.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I never referred to Dubinsky as a cap dump. I have said that he's basically the Rangers' version of RJ Umberger, even though Umberger produces more offense.

No, I did watch them play. I also know from seeing Keenan at work going all the way back into his days in Philly that he had a tendency to elevate the play of poor players and knock down the play of the great ones.

No, I specifically mentioned something a couple pages back on Kovalchuk and Nash as it related to PK time. I can't help the fact that coaches give Kovalchuk an enormous amount of ice time and don't do the same for Nash. I can't help the fact that I saw 8 years of Kovalchuk playing in Atlanta and saw his development from a one-dimensional but high-intensity floater to a terrific player in all zones, followed by him going to New Jersey and acting like these other skills were some sort of divine revelation.

You mean, I can claim a lot of things that actually pertain to production and they'll be immediately dismissed? Okay then...

You also forgot to mention the idiocy of Scott Arniel. I don't generally criticize coaches, but Arniel was something else.
Elite players get it done without others surrounding him. Elite players make others better. Elite players score more than 70 pts unless your a goal tender or defense. Rick Nash is very good (and as I've said I want him) but he is not in the elite class and the package Howson is asking for is for elite players only.

I'll give you an example, Malkin had 109 pts this season (50 goals, 59 assists), Stamkos had 60 goals. THOSE are elite players that warrant "4 major pieces" in return, not Nash, especially when you factor in his cap hit.

and I'm sure I'll be looked at as someone who just wants the Rangers to keep their prized young talent and give up "nothing" for Nash, but thats not true. I'm willing to give up some talent to acquire Nash, but nothing close to what Howson is asking for.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini29 View Post
Indeed there is not. But then again there's never guarantees with any player unless you're superstar. Im pretty sure Richards and Nash would click though.

But i agree they shouldn't trade Kreider or McD.
I'm not trying to get Nash for "Free" or "overrated players", but there has to be a line drawn somewhere. right, Kreider nor McDonagh should go, and Stepan can't either because we have no center depth and he's our 2nd line center. Gaborik puts us back in the same boat, Richards than we have no #1 center, Hank is obviously a no, and Staal and Girardi are two of the best defensemen in the game, so it makes no sense for the Rangers to trade any of those.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:09 PM
dorffxmosh

This maybe the worst offer ever... why would Columbus want a 38 yr old goalie, Grabner who maybe a one year guy, Donavan whos not that good, Columbus would never do this

Old
06-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJackets66 View Post
The high starting price is a great and ancient sales tactic, ask over the top and receive what you were actually willing to take and that most likely will be dubi, MDZ and first really nothing more nothing less. The 4-5 pieces is BS and we will end up with 2-3 pieces being either both roster players and pick or better roster and more prospects. I don't understand why that is so hard even though speculation is fun! My other point is that no matter what others says Nash is elite and yes I agree not by numbers but by intangables and tangibles his size creates space which allows other to excel, he is great ont the PK, leadership he played all 82 games last year which health is always an issue and you did not have that last year. He is a great guy that every team in the NHL would want. Now his contract is an albatross but for the reason previously pointed out well worth it. I am inno way trying or wanting to get rid of Nash but he is going somewhere and he will excel no matter the team and I can't wait to hear when he is traded and puts up 70-90 pts with 40+ goals to come back and point out every single person who said not elite! It makes me laugh. Fire away
Now Dubi, Del Zotto and a 1st is much more reasonable. I would even throw in Christian Thomas to help get it done.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJackets66 View Post
didn't Howson already turn down Dubinsky, Del Zotto, 2 prospects and a pick at the deadline? or was that Erixon? I would do Dubinsky, Del Zotto and our pick no questions asked.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:29 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Anson Carter and we wait until the new CBA so Columbus can take half of his caphit or no deal.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:30 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorffxmosh View Post
This maybe the worst offer ever... why would Columbus want a 38 yr old goalie, Grabner who maybe a one year guy, Donavan whos not that good, Columbus would never do this
Do you even know anything about Donovan?

I'm guessing by your statement that you don't.

22 yr old,arguably the isles best defensive prospect outsiide the nhl.

http://theahl.com/2011-12-ahl-all-ro...ounced-p176961
AHL All-Rookie Team
April 4, 2012

Matt Donovan, Defense (Bridgeport Sound Tigers):
An impressive presence on the Bridgeport blue line all season, Matt Donovan turned pro after two seasons at the University of Denver and is tied for fourth among all AHL defensemen with 42 points (10 goals, 32 assists) in 69 games while posting a plus-9 rating. Donovan, a 21-year-old native of Edmond, Okla., was a 2008 draft pick by the New York Islanders and made his NHL debut on Apr. 3.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Del Zotto, Miller, 1st for Nash

That's more than enough, IMO. Miller is an Ohio kid and could be part of the solution turning that ineptly-run franchise around.

Kreider Richards Gaborik/Nash
Dubinsky Stepan Nash/Gaborik
Hagelin Anisimov Callahan
Rupp Boyle Prust
Mitchell

McDonagh Girardi
Staal Schultz
Erixon / McIlrath / Sauer / Stralman / Gill / Kuba

Lundqvist
Biron

Old
06-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Dark Knight
18 Wheeler Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Del Zotto, Miller, 1st for Nash

That's more than enough, IMO. Miller is an Ohio kid and could be part of the solution turning that ineptly-run franchise around.

Kreider Richards Gaborik/Nash
Dubinsky Stepan Nash/Gaborik
Hagelin Anisimov Callahan
Rupp Boyle Prust
Mitchell

McDonagh Girardi
Staal Schultz
Erixon / McIlrath / Sauer / Stralman / Gill / Kuba

Lundqvist
Biron
I see what you did there with Schultz. Delusional if you think he's a guaranty sign.

Strickland posted that he's considering Nucks, Leafs and Oilers.

06-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I see what you did there with Schultz. Delusional if you think he's a guaranty sign.

Strickland posted that he's considering Nucks, Leafs and Oilers.
Strickland also backed off of that statement. I think that post was counting a little too much on Schultz as well, but I wouldn't be that shocked if he ended up on the Rangers. They have a spot for him, he's got friends on the team, and they are in a better position to contend than the Leafs and Oilers.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:52 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorffxmosh View Post
You clearly dont know anything about Donovan.....

Most Isles fans have him ahead of de Hann

Old
06-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block More Shots View Post
When I say "lower the price", it may not be a significant drop; for example, instead of 4 solid pieces going to CBS, it may be 3 solid pieces.
See, that would be acceptable, except that that's not what we're being asked to do. Three solid pieces would be fine, but the most we seem to be able to get is Dubinsky and Miller. Thomas only works as a 4th piece 'cause of redundancy (so it makes no sense to add him) and Erixon is of zero to negative value to the CBJ thanks to both redundancy and his walkout in Calgary.

We're perfectly willing to accept three solid pieces, but certain of the Rangers fans aren't offering three pieces that are solid for the CBJ. They're saying "you'll take our quality spare parts and enjoy it, or else Rick Nash is overrated and you'll forever suck."

Rangers fans need to come to terms with at least one fundamental for discussion to continue: Tim Erixon Is Of No Value To Columbus. We will be able to resume rational discussion as soon as this is internalized. Until then, and so long as folks keep thinking that offering Erixon is going to get anywhere at all, this bickering will inevitably continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Would jackets fans consider Gagner, Hemsky, 2012 first overall for Nash, Johansen and Marc Methot.
The price for Ryan Johansen is Jordan Eberle.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
06-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Elite players get it done without others surrounding him. Elite players make others better. Elite players score more than 70 pts unless your a goal tender or defense. Rick Nash is very good (and as I've said I want him) but he is not in the elite class and the package Howson is asking for is for elite players only.

I'll give you an example, Malkin had 109 pts this season (50 goals, 59 assists), Stamkos had 60 goals. THOSE are elite players that warrant "4 major pieces" in return, not Nash, especially when you factor in his cap hit.

and I'm sure I'll be looked at as someone who just wants the Rangers to keep their prized young talent and give up "nothing" for Nash, but thats not true. I'm willing to give up some talent to acquire Nash, but nothing close to what Howson is asking for.
I want you to do me two favors.

1) I want you to find me where in this thread I have used the word "elite". I may have used it to refer to Nash's goal-scoring ability; I don't recall, but generally I avoid the word "elite" like the plague.
2) I want you to find where I have actually addressed anything about a trade with the Rangers as far as what has been rumored to have been on the table. About two pages back, I specifically went into some detail about why I don't think there's a good deal to be had with the Rangers. As much as I would love to slog back through a bunch of dreck to find my points, I'll let you do the legwork on that one...see if you can find me using "elite" in the process.

Old
06-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
See, that would be acceptable, except that that's not what we're being asked to do. Three solid pieces would be fine, but the most we seem to be able to get is Dubinsky and Miller. Thomas only works as a 4th piece 'cause of redundancy (so it makes no sense to add him) and Erixon is of zero to negative value to the CBJ thanks to both redundancy and his walkout in Calgary.

We're perfectly willing to accept three solid pieces, but certain of the Rangers fans aren't offering three pieces that are solid for the CBJ. They're saying "you'll take our quality spare parts and enjoy it, or else Rick Nash is overrated and you'll forever suck."

Rangers fans need to come to terms with at least one fundamental for discussion to continue: Tim Erixon Is Of No Value To Columbus. We will be able to resume rational discussion as soon as this is internalized. Until then, and so long as folks keep thinking that offering Erixon is going to get anywhere at all, this bickering will inevitably continue.

The price for Ryan Johansen is Jordan Eberle.
Dubinsky (he has to go for cap reasons) , Hagelin, Del Zotto?

Old
06-17-2012, 01:18 PM
JMFJcbj

Quote:
Dubinsky (he has to go for cap reasons) , Hagelin, Del Zotto?
Dubi, Hagelin, MDZ, and Miller

Old
06-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I want you to do me two favors.

1) I want you to find me where in this thread I have used the word "elite". I may have used it to refer to Nash's goal-scoring ability; I don't recall, but generally I avoid the word "elite" like the plague.
2) I want you to find where I have actually addressed anything about a trade with the Rangers as far as what has been rumored to have been on the table. About two pages back, I specifically went into some detail about why I don't think there's a good deal to be had with the Rangers. As much as I would love to slog back through a bunch of dreck to find my points, I'll let you do the legwork on that one...see if you can find me using "elite" in the process.
meant to simply hit reply, didnt mean to quote your post. my bad. Just making a point.

Old
06-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJcbj View Post
Dubi, Hagelin, MDZ, and Miller
3 forwards and a top notch defensemen? too much. take out Hagelin and add another prospect with Miller, Dubi and Del Zotto than.

Old
06-17-2012, 01:22 PM
eclipse2411

I respect NYR's very out spoken stance on Kreider but...

What did Philly get for Richards? The #1 prospect in the entire NHL at the time in Schenn...Kreider isn't even top 5 by the rankings.

Yet it's complete chaos if Kreider's talked about in a deal..

That trade proposal of Dubi, MDZ and the 1st is outragous and riots would start in Columbus.

Columbus doesn't want MDZ, and we know why you are trying to trade as he's a RFA and will demand too much money you are willing to pay with the defensive pieces you currently have. Not to mention we would have to sign him (if he would) to a 4+/yr contract when we have big contracts to Wiz, Johnson and Tytin.

No thank you to MDZ

Old
06-17-2012, 01:31 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
A prospect d-man who was drafted in the 2nd round and has ZERO Nhl games played
Why not do your research first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Also, I'm sure Dubinsky will have a rebound year, but nothing other than a season on an awful offensive team indicates he's anything more than a 40-55 (and calling him a 55 point forward really may be being too kind) point player.
He's had a 54 point season in 77 games. It's no more kind than calling Nash a 40-goal scorer, no?

Old
06-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse2411 View Post
I respect NYR's very out spoken stance on Kreider but...

What did Philly get for Richards? The #1 prospect in the entire NHL at the time in Schenn...Kreider isn't even top 5 by the rankings.

Yet it's complete chaos if Kreider's talked about in a deal..

That trade proposal of Dubi, MDZ and the 1st is outragous and riots would start in Columbus.

Columbus doesn't want MDZ, and we know why you are trying to trade as he's a RFA and will demand too much money you are willing to pay with the defensive pieces you currently have. Not to mention we would have to sign him (if he would) to a 4+/yr contract when we have big contracts to Wiz, Johnson and Tytin.

No thank you to MDZ
I have no problem keeping Kreider and Del Zotto lol. I also have no problem not getting Nash for the ridiculous asking price.

Also, you realize anyone traded for Nash u are going to have to sign right?

Last edited by Lundsanity30: 06-17-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Closed Thread