HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - All Purpose Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2012, 01:35 PM
eclipse2411

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Why not do your research first?

hahahah! *from a CBJ fan

But we don't want a guy who demanded out to go to NYR - we've been through that already

Old
06-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I don't think we need Donovan considering the state of our blueline prospects. I might just go for this one without him, but then again, I think the world of Okposo and have been infatuated with Nabokov since, like, forever, so y'all shouldn't listen to me there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
Take out the conditional 2013 draft and 2012 1st round pick. We take out the 2nd round pick.

NYI adds Grabner and rights to PA before July 1st

in exchange gets Tyutin
Sadly, that's where this one has to stop. We can't afford to give him up. If you want a defenseman from us, we can offer Methot... but we can't realistically offer Tyutin.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
06-17-2012, 01:45 PM
eclipse2411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I have no problem keeping Kreider and Del Zotto lol. I also have no problem not getting Nash for the ridiculous asking price.

Also, you realize anyone traded for Nash u are going to have to sign right?
Yes....?

MDZ is a RFA right now - not later. Be harder to sign. And not only that but for the facts I stated above. We have too much money into the Defense to trade Nash for MDZ as a center piece in hopes to sign him. We also are in need of forwards much more than D. I believe we only have 9 NHL forwards signed right now..

Old
06-17-2012, 01:46 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse2411 View Post
hahahah! *from a CBJ fan

But we don't want a guy who demanded out to go to NYR - we've been through that already
I already said before that any fan who thinks Erixon is going anywhere is delusional. The whole deal with him was fishy and anybody who doesn't think his dad did us a favor isn't thinking clearly. The organization wouldn't repay Jan by trading away his son. He's not going anywhere. I just don't like people spreading lies about our players.

Old
06-17-2012, 01:52 PM
steveat

My reasoning is that you're pretty much rebuilding again and starting from scratch..might as well start with a youth d-core. If you get Donovan (pretty much ready to step in next season - he may be a prospect now, but is definitely ready to step in come Sept) AND choose Murray, plus all your other d prospects..you have an awesome core of players on the blue line.

At the same time, you basically improved your scoring by doubling it WITH young players that haven't reached their prime yet. This is why I figured losing Tyutin wasn't as bad as it looked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I don't think we need Donovan considering the state of our blueline prospects. I might just go for this one without him, but then again, I think the world of Okposo and have been infatuated with Nabokov since, like, forever, so y'all shouldn't listen to me there.

Sadly, that's where this one has to stop. We can't afford to give him up. If you want a defenseman from us, we can offer Methot... but we can't realistically offer Tyutin.

Old
06-17-2012, 01:54 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJcbj View Post
Dubi, Hagelin, MDZ, and Miller
Not going to happen. I would bet dollars to donuts that miller and Hagelin are both kept.

Dubi, AA, MDZ and the 28th overall.

4 assets, three current solid roster players and some future in the pick.

Old
06-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
My reasoning is that you're pretty much rebuilding again and starting from scratch..might as well start with a youth d-core. If you get Donovan (pretty much ready to step in next season - he may be a prospect now, but is definitely ready to step in come Sept) AND choose Murray, plus all your other d prospects..you have an awesome core of players on the blue line.

At the same time, you basically improved your scoring by doubling it WITH young players that haven't reached their prime yet. This is why I figured losing Tyutin wasn't as bad as it looked.
the defense is pretty much set...we may or may not take Murray (i hope not, I want Galy) the rebuilding is on the front 12...

Old
06-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Zal

It's always so enjoyable when armchair GM's speculate on what they would offer to get a guy like Nash. Forget about what you wouldn't be willing to part with, then make your offer.

I gurantee you Howson will want nothing to do with your wholesale garbage.

Old
06-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Dubinsky (he has to go for cap reasons) , Hagelin, Del Zotto?
MDZ is nice, but he's a skill redundancy. He'd be a "fourth piece", so it's a bit silly to trade him too.

Swap MDZ out for Miller and the 1st 2012?

Old
06-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Not going to happen. I would bet dollars to donuts that miller and Hagelin are both kept.

Dubi, AA, MDZ and the 28th overall.

4 assets, three current solid roster players and some future in the pick.
Right, if only this was a video game.

Old
06-17-2012, 02:08 PM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Big? Yep, 6'4", 218.

Max 65 points? Already exceeded that four times and just in his prime at 28.

Plodder? What's the point of going any further, you've obviously never seen him play in your life.
Let me correct that: RN has game-breaking speed, and is among the elite few in the NHL who can consistently go end-to-end, beating defenders one on one.

Oh wait, that was one highlight reel goal like that.

Dude is over paid, and is slowing down in a quicker and quicker NHL.

Pass.

Old
06-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:

What Fro said, basically. The blueline rebuild took place over the course of the season.

Blue Jackets Blueline, Start of 2011-2012:
Tyutin-Wisniewski
Methot-Martinek
Russell-Clitsome

Blue Jackets Blueline, End Of 2011-2012:
JMFJ-Wisniewski
Tyutin-Nikitin
Methot-[Moore or Savard]

We shipped out most of the blueliners we didn't need. Tyutin's one of the good ones we'd rather keep - especially considering just how well he and Nikitin meshed.

Our forwards, OTOH, are a bit of a mess. We have a few good guys backed up by a lot of smoke and mirrors. We need tangible assets in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Let me correct that: RN has game-breaking speed, and is among the elite few in the NHL who can consistently go end-to-end, beating defenders one on one.

Pass.
I've seen a lot of downright silly and misguided evaluations of Nash over the past few weeks, but I've got to say, this has got to be the most unintentionally hilarious one I've ever seen.

"One highlight reel goal".

EDIT: Here, this one's four years old. I can go start searching for more clips if you'd like:

EDIT #2: This one's more recent; put together this past February. The actual highlights start about 45 seconds in or so.

EDIT #3: This one was put together by another HFBoards CBJ fan. It's also a nice illustration as to why Red Wings fans have been laughing at some of the offers we're being given:

Last edited by Viqsi: 06-17-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old
06-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PredsFan1IslesFan View Post

Not to mention Columbus gave up on Voracek just as they did on Filatov and Zherdev. Euros aren't exactly popular in their system.
I'm pretty sure that the Flyers wanted either Johansen or Voracek as the centerpiece, and Columbus opted for the young, high-end C prospect (at the time).

Old
06-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
He's had a 54 point season in 77 games. It's no more kind than calling Nash a 40-goal scorer, no?
Except that Nash has done so twice, scored 38 once, and put up 31 in 54 games. Dubinsky almost scored 55 once and has never scored 45 or more in another season. So yes, it is much more kind than calling Nash a 40 goal scorer. Calling Dubinsky a 55 point player is like saying Kulemin is a 30-30 guy.

Old
06-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
I already said before that any fan who thinks Erixon is going anywhere is delusional. The whole deal with him was fishy and anybody who doesn't think his dad did us a favor isn't thinking clearly. The organization wouldn't repay Jan by trading away his son. He's not going anywhere. I just don't like people spreading lies about our players.
It's a business. Nobodies safe, unless they have a NMC...

Old
06-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
MDZ is nice, but he's a skill redundancy. He'd be a "fourth piece", so it's a bit silly to trade him too.

Swap MDZ out for Miller and the 1st 2012?
so, Dubinsky, Hagelin, Miller, and the 1st rd? I would do that. Thats 4 forwards.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:00 PM
danmcn12
#freeRedmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post

Pass.
Lol he does that at least once a year and from Neutral Zone to score about 5-10 times.
He did it twice this game alone.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2011020969
He also has a good wrist shot if someone can pass it to him and has great hands in front and on the PP, two things that require good complete teams to help him.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:04 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
Lol he does that at least once a year and from Neutral Zone to score about 5-10 times.
He did it twice this game alone.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2011020969
He also has a good wrist shot if someone can pass it to him and has great hands in front and on the PP, two things that require good complete teams to help him.
Obviously that game doesn't count because Bettman owns the Coyotes and he's trying to artificially drive up the price of Rick Nash in order to gain ratings...

Old
06-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

How about this:

Dubinsky
Del Zotto
Rupp
Bourque

For

Niecy Nash

Old
06-17-2012, 03:18 PM
JohnHodgson

One of the most overrated, and overpaid players in the game. It's hard to envision a team willing to give up a king's ransom for Nash. He's extremely overpaid at a 7.8M cap hit, and hasn't surpassed 70points/40 goals since 08-09, which was THREE years ago. THREE years ago, Todd White, Slava Kozlov, and Cammalleri all had 70+ points each. How can you call this guy a "star" when Martin Erat scores 1 less point in 11 less games? Yes, Martin Erat.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
One of the most overrated, and overpaid players in the game. It's hard to envision a team willing to give up a king's ransom for Nash. He's extremely overpaid at a 7.8M cap hit, and hasn't surpassed 70points/40 goals since 08-09, which was THREE years ago. THREE years ago, Todd White, Slava Kozlov, and Cammalleri all had 70+ points each. How can you call this guy a "star" when Martin Erat scores 1 less point in 11 less games? Yes, Martin Erat.
He would score 80 goals on a good team brah...

Old
06-17-2012, 03:24 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

It's so funny to see so many people present Hockey as a one man game instead of the team game that it is. I get not wanting your team to give up too much for the guy, but why embarrass yourselves with that kind of nonsense? Like do people really have a hard time understanding why the team Nash has played on is a factor in these discussions? Good lord.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:27 PM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
He would score 80 goals on a good team brah...
That's been the argument for 5 years already

Old
06-17-2012, 03:28 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
We hit our limit ladies and gents. New thread needs to be made.

Closed Thread