HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2012, 01:15 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

vCash: 500
This is what I would like to see happen in order.....

Resign loktionov to 3yrs/2.9m
Resign muzzin to 2yrs/2m
Resign king to 2yrs/1.7m
Resign cliche to 2yrs/1.2m

Resign Fraser to 2yrs/2.1m

Sign parise to 6yrs/37.2m or 10yrs/59m

Send Clifford to Manchester.

Brown kopitar Williams
Parise Richards carter
Gagne loktionov Lewis
King Fraser Nolan

Scuderi doughty
Mitchell voynov
Martinez Greene

Quick
Bernier

Don't trade bernier until quick is signed. Don't sign quick until after start of next season.

The following year Gagne and scuderi come off the books. King moves up to 3rd line lw and Clifford takes king's spot on 4th line. Muzzin replaces scuderi. Money saved is used to resign quick.

Last edited by jonrazor12: 06-17-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old
06-17-2012, 02:09 PM
regulate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
Resign cliche to 2yrs/1.2m
You missed the memo. Cliche has already re-signed. 2 yrs/1.050 million total.

Old
06-17-2012, 02:14 PM
KingLB

If someone doesn't want Stoll (which likely comes with a fat inflated deal worth around 3.75-4 mil) then you must want Loki....

How about a guy like Jay McClement, can do basically everything as well as Stoll (outside faceoffs) and won't be paying for the ridiculous playoffs glow that now emanates from Stoll's ass....

Old
06-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
If someone doesn't want Stoll (which likely comes with a fat inflated deal worth around 3.75-4 mil) then you must want Loki....

How about a guy like Jay McClement, can do basically everything as well as Stoll (outside faceoffs) and won't be paying for the ridiculous playoffs glow that now emanates from Stoll's ass....
The faceoff thing is the most important part though.

Old
06-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Brad Doty
\_(ツ)_/

Is anyone else slightly worried about an offer sheet to King, or am I too out to lunch on that?

Old
06-17-2012, 03:00 PM
cyclones22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
This is what I would like to see happen in order.....
Resign muzzin to 2yrs/2m
What exactly has Muzzin done to deserve a million a year? Martinez was signed to around 750k a year and was much more accomplished at the NHL level. He took less because he wanted a one way deal. Anyway, it's pretty awesome that this is how far we have to dig to find something worth discussing in the offseason .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Is anyone else slightly worried about an offer sheet to King, or am I too out to lunch on that?
Not on Dean's watch...

Old
06-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
What could a team offer Dwight King that the Kings would walk away from? I don't see it happening, no.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
I can't believe people are still hating on Stoll. What the heck more does the guy have to do?

Old
06-17-2012, 03:20 PM
FrozenKing18
Goongala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I can't believe people are still hating on Stoll. What the heck more does the guy have to do?
Have a 30-30 season

Old
06-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
what team would risk pissing off a GM just to get a bottom 6 player?

Old
06-17-2012, 03:36 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

No ones giving King an offer sheet

Old
06-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

If Stoll doesn't want to stick around at a discount, it will be Lewis taking over the third line center role, not Lokti. Not hating on Stoll and I'd take him back at the right price, but I think Lewis is more than capable of doing great in that spot.

That frees up a roster spot to get Cliffy back in the lineup too.

Brown-Kopi-JW
Penner-Richards-Carter
Gagne-Lewis-King
Clifford-Fraser-Nolan

I like it. That's not even considering the small chance of getting Zachy-Boy to come here.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

I don't think Lokti has a place on this team anytime in the near future.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Jwm1986

I have always thought that Stoll was the guy we would re-sign, but now i feel that Penner might comeback and that DL might overpay for him..

We all saw that he stated he wants to be back and we all know a team like Toronto will throw 4+ million at him on a multi year deal and it worries me that DL might offer him something around that...

The only way i want Penner to stay is on a $3 million 1 year deal....nothing more.... If he shows that he actually cares during the regular season and plays close to how he played most of the playoffs, sign him mid season to a 2 year extension worth 7 Million....Kinda like what Justin Williams did recently....

He made way too much during his last contract, so its time for him to pay some of that back and take less money to prove that he still has it AT ALL TIMES....not just when everyone is watching and hes playing for a new deal...

Penner at his best is an absolute beast and impossible to knock off the puck...i would love him back on the 2nd line if he replicates his playoff run...but thats the big questions mark with him....

Last edited by Jwm1986: 06-17-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old
06-17-2012, 03:55 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
I have always thought that Stoll was the guy we would re-sign, but now i feel that Penner might comeback and that DL might overpay for him..

We all saw that he stated he wants to be back and we all know a team like Toronto will throw 4+ million at him on a multi year deal and it worries me that DL might offer him something around that...

The only way i want Penner to stay is on a $3 million 1 year deal....nothing more.... If he shows that he actually cares during the regular season and plays close to how he played most of the playoffs, sign him mid season to a 2 year extension worth 7 Million....

He made way too much during his last contract, so its time for him to pay some of that back and take less money to prove that he still has it AT ALL TIMES....not just when everyone is watching and hes playing for a new deal...

Penner at his best is an absolute beast and impossible to knock off the puck...i would love him back on the 2nd line if he replicates his playoff run...but thats the big questions mark with him....

Jezz you guys need to relax,

Lombardi played chicken/hard ball with Drew. And now people are worried Lombardi is going to cave to a guy like Penner ? If Toronto offers Penner 4m+ (which they really cant afford too). SEE YA. Lombardi doesn't have to sign him.

If Penner comes back, it will be around 3m (Gagne type contract).

Jesus.

Old
06-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Jwm1986

[QUOTE=damacles1156;51016827]Jezz you guys need to relax,

Lombardi played chicken/hard ball with Drew. And now people are worried Lombardi is going to cave to a guy like Penner ? If Toronto offers Penner 4m+ (which they really cant afford too). SEE YA. Lombardi doesn't have to sign him.

If Penner comes back, it will be around 3m (Gagne type contract).

Jesus. [/QUOTE

Those are the eyes of disappointment...i hope i didn't disappoint you...I'm simply making an observation...we really need to keep a big body on the LW #2 and Penner fits it perfectly when at his best..i have a hunch DL would pay a lot more then he would have mid season to keep him around....

Old
06-17-2012, 04:43 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Stoll seems like he really likes LA, both the team and the city. He built his dream house here and I could see him taking a price cut to stay.

Old
06-17-2012, 04:46 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post
What exactly has Muzzin done to deserve a million a year? Martinez was signed to around 750k a year and was much more accomplished at the NHL level. He took less because he wanted a one way deal. Anyway, it's pretty awesome that this is how far we have to dig to find something worth discussing in the offseason .

Not on Dean's watch...

I just think he is worth it. He is NHL ready and will be our first defensive call up. Hard to give a guy a pay cut when all he has done is improve.

Old
06-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
Show up for a full season? Is that to much to ask?

Guys get overpaid for great playoffs (see Leino and Ward). Stoll had a nice playoffs, but the Kings can't be getting into a bidding war with some other team for Jarret Stoll, his entire body of work has to be factored in, not just the last 20 games.

If the Kings give Jarret Stoll something like a 4 year, 15 million deal it is not a good move for the hockey club, and the same goes for Penner.

If they want to sign shorter term deals for less money to prove the playoffs wasn't a fluke then I am all for bringing them back, but we can't get into bidding wars if lesser teams start throwing money at them based on these past 20 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
Have a 30-30 season
Never going to happen, that is what the Kings expected when Stoll spent three years on a scoring line and #1 PP and didn't even average 20 goals a season in that span. No one is expecting Stoll to ever be a scorer, but his play this season doesn't warrant him being paid the 3.5 million he made this season. But someone will offer him atleast that, it will be up to him to decide how much money he is willing to leave on the table to come back to the Kings. Same with Penner.

Last edited by Herby: 06-17-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old
06-17-2012, 05:16 PM
MxH0CKEY

What I would hope for...

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Carter-Parise
King-Richards-Nolan
Clifford-Fraser-Lewis

Brown-Kopitar-Williams: Stanley Cup line, did great, should continue to do great.

Gagne-Carter Parise: Dreaming that DL signs Parise. At this point I think it is a pipe dream that he joins the Kings but Carter returns to Center with his old winger back on his line.

King-Richards-Nolan: The line did very well when they were together. Can't see why they cannot find it again. Nolan and King have more experience now as well. Only knock would be the lack of finesse for Richards but the 3rd line can very well be just as deadly as the first line if King and Nolan continue to develop. Maybe I am giving Nolan too much credit, not sure.

Clifford-Fraser-Lewis: Solid 4th line, definitely has the potential to pitch in offensively while always being responsibe defensively.

Powerplay would be deadly, period.
Just my two cents.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:03 PM
fsanford

If Stoll signs back with the Kings, Loktionov will probably traded for a pick, Lombardi is going to want to start stock piling picks again..

Old
06-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

The more I think about it, the more I think it's going to be really important to add a couple of "hungry" guys, say Iginla & Morrow. For once, we might be an appropriate destination for players like that.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
The more I think about it, the more I think it's going to be really important to add a couple of "hungry" guys, say Iginla & Morrow. For once, we might be an appropriate destination for players like that.
I'm sure Parise and Suter are pretty hungry.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:29 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Morrow is on record saying he would never waive his NTC to go to the Kings(or is that Malone ?).

Iginla's cap hit is awful, besides Calgary is never going to trade him. Calgary is never going to rebuild with the current GM, he would have to be fired.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:52 PM
KBA4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Morrow is on record saying he would never waive his NTC to go to the Kings(or is that Malone ?).

Iginla's cap hit is awful, besides Calgary is never going to trade him. Calgary is never going to rebuild with the current GM, he would have to be fired.
Both of those guys would require trading young assets/picks that the Kings are in relative short supply of now...I doubt Calgary or Dallas would accept a trade of Martinez straight up for either of Iginla or Morrow, although I wouldn't mind seeing it happen. Teams like Edmonton, NYI, New Jersey and Toronto are all in bad shape for either goaltending or D-men, or both...I'm guessing those are the teams DL has in his crosshairs if he's looking for forward help

Closed Thread