HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gregor: "Feaster will most likely be shopping Bouwmeester at the draft to move up"

Old
06-17-2012, 04:13 PM
mrdonkey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafidelity View Post
You don't think that would happen on the Islanders? The only difference I see is no Kipper to bail him out.

And goodluck convincing Wang to take a 6.6 Mil contract over a top 5 pick on a ELC. His contract will keep his value lower than a top 5 pick.
At some point that franchise has to stop rebuilding and actually spend some money to get good, otherwise they're just going to keep sucking and keep losing money. The fact of the matter is they're going to have to spend money somewhere just to get up to the cap floor and I hardly think the Isles will be big game hunting in free agency this season to do it. Despite what this board likes to parrot, Bouwmeester is still a very good defenseman.

mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:13 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Regardless of value (Bouwmeester + 14 seems a reasonable start to get to 4)...

Would Bouwmeester fit in the Islanders' budget?
They have to hit the cap floor.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:14 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
You don't think that would happen on the Islanders? The only difference I see is no Kipper to bail him out.

And goodluck convincing Wang to take a 6.6 Mil contract over a top 5 pick on a ELC. His contract will keep his value lower than a top 5 pick.
Streit is better than Giordano and Hamonic is pretty good too. That's not to mention MacDonald.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:15 PM
DesertDawg

Would Jay waive his NTC? and 2 years at $6.6Mil?

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pman25

I think Bouwmeester and their 1st is a quality package to move up into the top 5...only see the isles taking it though. And who knows if they would take on that contract...

pman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

I don't know, Bouwmeester with Streit or Hamonic would be pretty interesting...but I agree with your concerns about the cap.

But I don't think anyone was suggesting he could garner the 4th overall in a straight swap; rather, he would serve as the price for the Islanders to drop to 14--where they could still pick up a pretty decent defensive prospect (Maatta?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
They have to hit the cap floor.
They have like $39 million under contract next year, no? They're well on their way...

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:16 PM
NeilYoung

He's definitely not perfect, but he's not even close to as bad as some are making out to be

Hf where posters are to lazy.. Ignorant to actually watch games and form there own opinions

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:16 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Tampa would be a good fit.
Tampa was the team I thought fit best. Not that I want him but they would probably want to send Ohlund back the other way.

I don't think Swapping Bouw for Ohlund is worth it for the Flames to move up 4 spots in the draft though.

EDIT: Islanders do make a lot of sense with their cap situation though.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:18 PM
CodeE

I feel like I should repost this before more Flames fans start chiming in that JayBo is enough to get 4th overall.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ason-1.3786615

Quote:
Under GM Garth Snow, the Islanders have refused to deal picks and/or young players for established NHLers. This year is no different, although Snow is trying hard to land a defenseman to shore up a thin mix. Only Mark Streit, Travis Hamonic and Andrew MacDonald will be back from the team's regular 2011-12 defense

There are other defensemen available, according to two NHL sources, but they are veterans playing mediocre hockey on fairly unworkable contracts: the Flames' Jay Bouwmeester, the Canucks' Keith Ballard and possibly the Penguins' Paul Martin and Zbynek Michalek.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:19 PM
mrdonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Tampa was the team I thought fit best. Not that I want him but they would probably want to send Ohlund back the other way.

I don't think Swapping Bouw for Ohlund is worth it for the Flames to move up 4 spots in the draft though.
I wouldn't trade Bouw just to move up 4 spots, nevermind taking Ohlund too. Geez, this isn't Scott Gomez we're talking about. The Flames are not going to trade him just to get rid of him.

Old
06-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Unagi

Would Bouwmeester + CGY 2nd 2012 + 2nd 2013 fetch the NYI's 4th overall this year? Or would it be Bouwmeester + 14th overall?

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
I feel like I should repost this before more Flames fans start chiming in that JayBo is enough to get 4th overall.

NOBODY.

I repeat NOBODY said Jbow = 4th Overall. What was said was that Jbow + 14th Overall COULD = 4th Overall + Cap Dump if needed.

2nd, have you watched Bouwmeester play at all this season? Because, to call him average is just flat out wrong. He is still very much an above average defender and would be a top pairing guy on most teams, especially the Isles. Flames fans want to move him because we want to retool/restock/rebuild whatever you want to call it, not because hes a bad defender.

Old
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Well that's all I need to say about this. Heck he got burned pretty badly this game.

6.6...not worth it.

The Kassian Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Would Bouwmeester + CGY 2nd 2012 + 2nd 2013 fetch the NYI's 4th overall this year?
We don't have a 2nd this year or next year.

Nice one Feaster.

Old
06-17-2012, 04:24 PM
pman25

The isles can just take Ryan Murray, Jaybo clone!

pman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:24 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post

Jbo is a million times better than Ballard and is only signed for 2 years.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Unagi

Quote:

Nice one Feaster.
Didn't know that. That sucks for you guys...didn't you also lack a 1st and 2nd round pick in 2010?

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
I wouldn't trade Bouw just to move up 4 spots, nevermind taking Ohlund too. Geez, this isn't Scott Gomez we're talking about. The Flames are not going to trade him just to get rid of him.
Would you trade him straight for Tampa's #1 pick? I do it if Im Tampa and I do it if Im Calgary. Although I dont do it if Reinhart or Reilly is no longer available.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Northern Neighbour

Calgary doesn't have a 2nd-round pick in 2012 or 2013.

Bouwmeester + #14 for #4 overall would be a fair package. Bouwmeester only has 2 years left on his deal, making his contract a lot more manageable than other contracts. In addition, he's still a very good top-3 defenceman. It's not like he's useless - overpaid, yes, but not useless like so many people have labeled him here.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheHudlinator

Quote:

Nice one Feaster.
I hate that he got us a top 4 defenseman and Cammy

Old
06-17-2012, 04:27 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I hate that he got us a top 4 defenseman and Cammy
Dude we both know that sending Kotalik away with our 2012 2nd was a bad move, it had nothing to do with Butler, we got him by sending Regher the other way. Don't twist what we all know happened.

The 2013 2nd was traded along with Bourque, so its not like we got Cammy for a 2nd rounder, which is what your post is implying.

Old
06-17-2012, 04:28 PM
boredmale

As an Islanders fan I wouldn't trade the 4th pick for him but I would be open to trading 2/3 of our secondary prospects for him(De Haan, Brock Nelson, etc)

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:29 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post

Well that's all I need to say about this. Heck he got burned pretty badly this game.

6.6...not worth it.
1 bad game? Jesus I would hate to show you a bad game of Luo and hear how he is worth anything.

Old
CodeE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Would Bouwmeester + CGY 2nd 2012 + 2nd 2013 fetch the NYI's 4th overall this year? Or would it be Bouwmeester + 14th overall?
Neither deal works for the Isles.

Quote:
NOBODY.

I repeat NOBODY said Jbow = 4th Overall. What was said was that Jbow + 14th Overall COULD = 4th Overall + Cap Dump if needed.

2nd, have you watched Bouwmeester play at all this season? Because, to call him average is just flat out wrong. He is still very much an above average defender and would be a top pairing guy on most teams, especially the Isles. Flames fans want to move him because we want to retool/restock/rebuild whatever you want to call it, not because hes a bad defender.
The only way that proposed trade works is if the cap dump coming from the Isles is DiPietro.

Newsday is Long Island's premiere newspaper. Staple is the guy who delivers hockey news for the Islanders. Staple reported, today, that JayBo is on the market but Snow/Wang don't want his contract and will look elsewhere.

At this point, I doubt Snow would trade JayBo for a B-level prospect, let alone giving up 4th overall in a deal. Wang might even nix a straight "JayBo for future considerations" swap.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mrdonkey

Quote:
Dude we both know that sending Kotalik away with our 2012 2nd was a bad move, it had nothing to do with Butler, we got him by sending Regher the other way. Don't twist what we all know happened.

The 2013 2nd was traded along with Bourque, so its not like we got Cammy for a 2nd rounder, which is what your post is implying.
Getting Cammy for a 2nd would have been sweet. Getting Cammy for a 2nd and not having to pay Bourque for the next 4 years is even better. I would gladly do that deal again.