HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gregor: "Feaster will most likely be shopping Bouwmeester at the draft to move up"

Old
06-17-2012, 03:29 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Would you trade him straight for Tampa's #1 pick? I do it if Im Tampa and I do it if Im Calgary. Although I dont do it if Reinhart or Reilly is no longer available.
Bouw for the 10th? Id really consider it. Maybe throw in Brewer so we have someone to eat up some of Bouws minutes? I don't know what Brewers value is to Tampa so if its high, maybe just a guy like Commodore?

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:30 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Dude we both know that sending Kotalik away with our 2012 2nd was a bad move, it had nothing to do with Butler, we got him by sending Regher the other way. Don't twist what we all know happened.

The 2013 2nd was traded along with Bourque, so its not like we got Cammy for a 2nd rounder, which is what your post is implying.
He had to get rid of Kotaliks contract it wasn't his fault it was ownership's he did what he had to stop acting like he thought it was a good idea. And the second was part of what got us Cammy and we got to dump Bourque what a terrible waste as you implied.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind trading for JayBo, wouldn't give up the 4th pick though.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:32 PM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
1 bad game? Jesus I would hate to show you a bad game of Luo and hear how he is worth anything.
I actually watch Calgary a lot and he's not as good as a lot make him out to be for whatever reason. Ever since he cashed in, been way too much pressure he put on himself.

Certainly not worth the 4th overall pick. You should see what Toronto values Luongo at. Hahaha.

The Kassian Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Petes2424

Somebody like Detroit or Pittsburgh is gonna end up with Bouwmeester at some low price and he'll end up being the number 1 ufa target in two years.

Some players fit better under different systems. Bouwmeester has shown the ability to be a #1 guy. Teams that buy low and deal with his contract may end up rewarded greatly.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:33 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
Neither deal works for the Isles.

The only way that proposed trade works is if the cap dump coming from the Isles is DiPietro.

Newsday is Long Island's premiere newspaper. Staple is the guy who delivers hockey news for the Islanders. Staple reported, today, that JayBo is on the market but Snow/Wang don't want his contract and will look elsewhere.

At this point, I doubt Snow would trade JayBo for a B-level prospect, let alone giving up 4th overall in a deal. Wang might even nix a straight "JayBo for future considerations" swap.
Lol, all I can do is laugh because you obviously have no idea of what kind of player Bouwmeester is. Isles still need to hit the CAP FLOOR. Let alone send a huge contract back the other way

Its fine, I don't think Bouw is going to the Isles anyway. At least use some common sense in your arguments though, there is no way you know what Wang or Snow are thinking ATM. Just because a beat writer gives an opinion about a player or a situation doesn't set it in stone as you seem to think it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
Getting Cammy for a 2nd would have been sweet. Getting Cammy for a 2nd and not having to pay Bourque for the next 4 years is even better. I would gladly do that deal again.
I am not saying it was a bad deal, I am saying we need to stop giving picks out like Candy.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:34 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post
I actually watch Calgary a lot and he's not as good as a lot make him out to be for whatever reason. Ever since he cashed in, been way too much pressure he put on himself.
Could it be the fact he was a offensive defenseman in Florida who loved to lead the rush and under Sutter he wasn't allowed to join the rush and was used as a defensive defenseman? He has been misused.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:34 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Interesting - wonder which team has no aspirations to make the playoffs next season and beyond?

CCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Jwm1986

Quote:
He will if there's more of a larger deal in place. If he's included with the Flames 1st rounder, it should be enough. It would depend on what the Isles think of him. I assume he still carries a fair amount of value to a lot of NHL teams. In fact I think that would be overpayment by the Flames.

We're not talking about the 1st pick here.

Fair? Flames 2nd and jaybo for the Isles 1st. That's fair value.
What!? No way that gets you the 4th overall pick...its really not close....it would have to be the 1st rounder if this were to work..

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:35 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I am not saying it was a bad deal, I am saying we need to stop giving picks out like Candy.
He has traded 2 2nds and acquired 2 2nds.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Esq.

Bouwmeester's offense has seemed to dry up in Calgary, but he still eats minutes like a champ. How good is he at moving the puck out of the zone? He's a fantastic skater, but does me make a good first pass? If so, I'd take him on the Flyers.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:36 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
He had to get rid of Kotaliks contract it wasn't his fault it was ownership's he did what he had to stop acting like he thought it was a good idea. And the second was part of what got us Cammy and we got to dump Bourque what a terrible waste as you implied.
Everyone knows all we had to do was assign Kotalik to the AHL and he wouldn't of reported, he already stated it that off-season. He would have gone to Europe and we would've been off the hook.

Where did I say it was a terrible waste, or even imply it? I implied the 2nd isn't why we got Cammy. I like how Bourque is a "dump" after we trade him, he was fine here if inconsistent, a dump though? Hes a 30 goal scorer on a great cap hit hardly a dump.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
Except, he would. Contrary to popular belief JayBo is actually a very good defenseman and was one of the most sought after free agents post-lockout. In Calgary he has been in way over his head, being heavily leaned on to be the #1 in every situation possible and logging way too many minutes. Given the right coach and defense-core where they are able to utilize his abilities and light a fire under his ass you could be getting a very good top pairing defenseman. The New York Islanders for example, with cap space to burn and a line-up looking to take the next step could really use a player like Bouwmeester to put them over the top. He many have slightly fell off offensively given all the responsibility and pressure put on him in Calgary, but he has never stopped being one of the premier defensive players in the NHL.

To sum it up, top pairing defenseman do not grow on trees. If you cut back his minutes by 1-2mins per game and let him focus on his strengths, I predict you would be seeing a very different Jay Bouwmeester.
And you expect any of: Edmonton, Columbus, Montreal, Long Island or Toronto to take a chance on him maybe rebounding and maybe having a fire lit under his ass when, should their gamble fail, it would cost them a top prospect? Bouwmeester use to be a sought after free agent however his decline in Calgary has sharply effected his value. While I doubt Long Island wants to risk the potential backlash of him not returning to form. If they did entertain the idea, it would an overpayment from Calgary's side.

Bouwmeester
First
Second

Fourth overall

I still believe Long Island would rather just draft Dumba.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:37 PM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Somebody like Detroit or Pittsburgh is gonna end up with Bouwmeester at some low price and he'll end up being the number 1 ufa target in two years.

Some players fit better under different systems. Bouwmeester has shown the ability to be a #1 guy. Teams that buy low and deal with his contract may end up rewarded greatly.
He's good, but when he has te title of being pinned as the man, it's too much pressure for him. A team that is as deep as the Wings and Pens might make a pitch, but at this point in time a top 5 pick is too much of a risk and certainly not worth it just so they can make the cap floor.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:38 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
He has traded 2 2nds and acquired 2 2nds.
Oh god because he was forced to trade OUR 1ST ROUND PICK AWAY.

1st(Erixon who has top 4 potential) for 2 2nd's is not a great trade lol.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:38 PM
BloatedGuppy

Jay "what are playoffs" Bouwmeester is a much better defenseman than he's getting credit for from some folks in this thread, but he's a terrible value at his current contract, even with a rising cap. He'd be fair value at around 4.5 given his production and contribution.

BloatedGuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:39 PM
CodeE

Quote:
Lol, all I can do is laugh because you obviously have no idea of what kind of player Bouwmeester is. Isles still need to hit the CAP FLOOR. Let alone send a huge contract back the other way

Its fine, I don't think Bouw is going to the Isles anyway. At least use some common sense in your arguments though, there is no way you know what Wang or Snow are thinking ATM. Just because a beat writer gives an opinion about a player or a situation doesn't set it in stone as you seem to think it does.
Ah, the old "the Islanders need to hit the cap floor so take our overpaid players and give us back a top 5 pick" argument. As timeless as the sport of hockey itself.

Common sense dictates that as an Islander fan, I do know what Charles Wang is thinking, and that thought is "how do I spend as little money as possible?"

I would honestly be shocked if any Islanders fan comes into this thread and agrees to OP's deal.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Everyone knows all we had to do was assign Kotalik to the AHL and he wouldn't of reported, he already stated it that off-season. He would have gone to Europe and we would've been off the hook.

Where did I say it was a terrible waste, or even imply it? I implied the 2nd isn't why we got Cammy. I like how Bourque is a "dump" after we trade him, he was fine here if inconsistent, a dump though? Hes a 30 goal scorer on a great cap hit hardly a dump.
Yes we all knew it but ownership didn't want to take the risk and told him to trade him or play him.

He has never scored 30 how can he be a 30 goal scorer. He has a ton of talent but no drive.

Old
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Bouwmeester's offense has seemed to dry up in Calgary, but he still eats minutes like a champ. How good is he at moving the puck out of the zone? He's a fantastic skater, but does me make a good first pass? If so, I'd take him on the Flyers.
Great skater good first pass, afraid to do anything in the Offensive end.

Could be the system holding him back, either way we will find out this year with the Flames new coaching staff.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:40 PM
sayheykid

Quote:
Would you trade him straight for Tampa's #1 pick? I do it if Im Tampa and I do it if Im Calgary. Although I dont do it if Reinhart or Reilly is no longer available.
Tampa sure as hell wouldn't do it.

sayheykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafidelity View Post
You don't think that would happen on the Islanders? The only difference I see is no Kipper to bail him out.

And goodluck convincing Wang to take a 6.6 Mil contract over a top 5 pick on a ELC. His contract will keep his value lower than a top 5 pick.
Charles Wang isnt known as the brightest owner, i mean he did hire Garth Snow of all people.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheHudlinator

Quote:

He was 2 days away from becoming 1 second it was a very good trade.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Flamesfan102

I'd be happy that anyone take Jay Bo and his $6.8 mil from us. We need some cap space and IMO he has not been that great for us since we got him. He's been on the ice for a lot of goals against and you usually see him in the highlight reel on the wrong end.

Flamesfan102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:41 PM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:

To be fair, Erixon had not signed a deal yet and it was possible that Feaster knew that it wouldn't get done hence it was better to get something for him now rather than nothing. Erixon would have been eligible to go back into the draft.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:42 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Yes we all knew it but ownership didn't want to take the risk and told him to trade him or play him.

He has never scored 30 how can he be a 30 goal scorer. He has a ton of talent but no drive.
Yeah so saying "Oh well he traded 2 and got 2 2nd rounders" is a crappy argument, because he also had to move one of our 1st round picks for it, which negates anything we gained with those 2 2nds.

Because hes been within a couple of goals several times and at this point its just semantics because you know what I am getting at.