HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

3 way deal: MTL-ANA-NYI

Old
06-17-2012, 01:05 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Montreal gets: 4th overall, 34th overall, 2013 1st, and Parenteau's rights

Islanders get: Subban
Son of a.... hell of a deal. Subban is not a player you trade if you're trying to build a good team but that's a sexy offer esp. considering the 2013 1st and (no offense) the way the Isles have been managed.

I would hesitantly accept the deal? Maybe.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Son of a.... hell of a deal. Subban is not a player you trade if you're trying to build a good team but that's a sexy offer esp. considering the 2013 1st and (no offense) the way the Isles have been managed.

I would hesitantly accept the deal? Maybe.
Yeah that deal would stop me in my tracks as well. I'd probably do it and just hope I don't get lynched before it works out.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:13 PM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Why would Montreal trade a young stud,who is a key building block for picks or prospects?
They wouldn't.Unless wildly overpaid.If Snow asked for Subban,Montreal would insist on Hamonic.

You are the one playing NHL 2012, to think teams trade their young studs for draft picks,who maybe will someday have the impact, of the player they are trading away.

Players like that are traded away when they won't sign,demand trades or become too expensive for their teams to keep.None of those conditions apply to Subban.

And no way would Snow offer a high lottery pick,a high 2nd and next seasons first for Subban.Not when his 2011-2012 team finished a high lottery pick team.

What's next on the NHL 2012 plan after acquiring Subban?Signing Parise and trading for Nash?
So you didn't listen when I said not to bother including Hamonic. Nice job.

Snow isn't moving Travis anymore than MB is moving PK...it's called an HF proposal, and really what it would take to get the Isles 2012 4th pick.

Plecanek is soft, and not the answer to the Isles' 2nd line centre issue. Nelson or Strome will eventually fill that spot.

Nash is bum, and Parise is a pipe dream.

But at the end of the day, if you wanted to pry Subban from the Habs, this is what you'd be forced to pay.

Still waiting on what you would offer there, armchair.

bluechipbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:16 PM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
Sooo 2 top 5 picks, a very early 2nd in a deep draft & the rights of a soon-to-be UFA that is rumored to be a target of Mtl anyway for PK Subban??? No. Pick #4 could be just as good in the future, never mind 34, next yrs pick or PA. This trade destroys the future for the isles just to get one top 4 dman.

I'd love PK on this team. He'd help in so many ways, but not at this cost
Then you are misguided as to Subban's value.

And even more so as to how hard it is for the Islanders to attract top free agent defensemen.

bluechipbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:22 PM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Agreed.

And in the event that the Isles do move down, it will be for a roster player: 23-28 years old, under contract for the next three seasons, and likely a defenseman.

The cupboards are stocked, we have no need for picks.

Change the original proposal to:

Normally Subban is close to untouchable...but Montreal has to accept this offer.

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:40 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Do the Ducks think 30 yr old Plekanec,worth 6th overall?
Does Snow think his guy will be available at #6?
Our desperate desire for a second line center says yes. I say no but cautiously. It's close....but I feel we can do better and Montreal might not be too keen on trading the only guy they've got at that position right now.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Drydenwasthebest

I am one of Subban's biggest defenders on these boards. I do not want to trade him because I truly believer he will be a top 5 defensive talent in this league for years to come.

The Isles' 4th, 34th, 1st in 2013, and the rights to PA stopped me cold and made me think long and hard. It scares me to think that such a deal could actually entice me. I could so imagine the Habs getting Galchenyuk and Forsberg it is insane! I am sooooooo torn. Of course, Subban on the Isles would be sick for them, especially with all of the top young talent they are developing.

I am not saying "yes", but I am strongly thinking about it. Can I let you know after the 1st two picks in the draft are made? If both Galchenyuk and Forsberg are available, I think I go with "yes"...ouch.

I really hate the guy who proposed this and hurt my head with such an interesting offer.

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:43 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Then you are misguided as to Subban's value.

And even more so as to how hard it is for the Islanders to attract top free agent defensemen.

And you are misguided as to how tightly Snow holds onto his 1st rounders and top youngsters,if you think he'd make such a trade.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Wowe, what an interesting thread overall (minus one Rangers fan's desire to be ignorant about the Ducks' needs and Plekanec's value).

Imagine:

Montreal has the 3rd overall (which we do).

Montreal gets the 4th overall (and 34th, 2013 1st and PA's rights) for Subban.

Montral gets 6th overall for Plekanec.

We draft: Galchenyuk, Forsberg, and Dumba. We also have two 1st rounders next season and 6 2nd rounders between this and next year's drafts. Wow, with Beaulieu and Tinordi about 1 or 2 years away, we could even eat Gomez and Kaberle's salaries for a season, and then, when all these young guns are NHL ready, go out and sigh the best Free Agents available or use the picks we will have then to trade for what we need.

This thread has given me tons of food for thought.

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:47 PM
GoDevs9

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
This is why I want opinions from duck and isle fans not from some clueless ranger fan
Ducks get hosed. End of discussion.

GoDevs9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Hope Of Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDevs9 View Post
Ducks get hosed. End of discussion.
Thats probably why Ducks fan in this thread are saying its the kind of deal they are looking for, especially if Habs add a little more...

Hope Of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:57 PM
CodeE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Montreal gets the 4th overall (and 34th, 2013 1st and PA's rights) for Subban.
One Islander fan proposes an overpayment for Subban and suddenly its the norm

CodeE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Our desperate desire for a second line center says yes. I say no but cautiously. It's close....but I feel we can do better and Montreal might not be too keen on trading the only guy they've got at that position right now.
I think we need someone a few years younger. I am not optimistic about our chances after making that trade. It'd make sense if we were one trade away. I think 27 is the oldest we should go.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:03 PM
wesott11

As a ducks fan i wouldn't take pleks straight up for that pick. Not at all.

wesott11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Needs to be at least a high 2nd added for the Ducks to take this. Straight up swap is not what the Ducks are looking for at all.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesott11 View Post
As a ducks fan i wouldn't take pleks straight up for that pick. Not at all.
This is the kind of thing proposals need to consider. I mean, the Ducks have Koivu and aren't weak up the middle. You don't need Plekanec as a #2/3 center. The Habs are incredibly weak up the middle. They can't trade Plekanec for a draft pick. Teams really do want to try to win as much as possible in a given year. It's not a fantasy league for them.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
I think we should get more then just Plekanec.

If an extra 2nd was all it would take for the DUcks to move intot he #4 then they should do that and draft 1 of the centers or Murray.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
This is the kind of thing proposals need to consider. I mean, the Ducks have Koivu and aren't weak up the middle. You don't need Plekanec as a #2/3 center. The Habs are incredibly weak up the middle. They can't trade Plekanec for a draft pick. Teams really do want to try to win as much as possible in a given year. It's not a fantasy league for them.
The Ducks are actually pretty weak up the middle. They have Getzlaf, then Koivu who is really more ideal for a 3C, Bonino who showed at the end of 2012 he may be ready for 3C duties but needs to show that over a full season, and Holland who was effective in the AHL and who hopefully tops out as a 2C but would need to start at the 3C most likely. That's hardly jammed.

I can understand not wanting to trade Plekanek, but that doesn't mean he's the type of player a team would trade the #6 pick for. It just means he won't get traded if the Montreal brass agrees with you.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Jwm1986

Montreal would definitely need to send the Ducks something else to make that work...Its not really that far off though....Pleks is a solid player and would probably help Getzlaf out tremendously....

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Wowe, what an interesting thread overall (minus one Rangers fan's desire to be ignorant about the Ducks' needs and Plekanec's value).
his value isnt good enough for a top 6 pick,hell,not even a top 10 pick.nice try though.

the Habs have to add to even have the gm of the Ducks not hang up the phone

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:51 PM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
his value isnt good enough for a top 6 pick,hell,not even a top 10 pick.nice try though.

the Habs have to add to even have the gm of the Ducks not hang up the phone
This guy has reading problems

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
no they wouldnt.as i said in my previous post,the Habs would have to add
You do realize Plekanec for sixth overall has been talked to death and in fact a thread was made by a Ducks fan for that exact proposal, yes? Seriously, mate. Do your research if you are going to step in for another franchise. The Ducks would love this, although I do not see why Long Island trades down two spots for a second. Granted, it would pave way for an epic trollage if Montreal took Galchenyuk and Forsberg. Toronto fans would be pissed.

Might toss in a prospect to Long Island, just for that.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Agreed.

And in the event that the Isles do move down, it will be for a roster player: 23-28 years old, under contract for the next three seasons, and likely a defenseman.

The cupboards are stocked, we have no need for picks.

Change the original proposal to:

W-would you like me to drive Subban to the airport today or should we make arrangements first?

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I can understand not wanting to trade Plekanek, but that doesn't mean he's the type of player a team would trade the #6 pick for. It just means he won't get traded if the Montreal brass agrees with you.
Yeah, I wouldn't trade my #3 for a Plekanec-like clone player. Or #6 if I was slightly randomly a little lower in the draft order in a relatively level-esque draft.

I mean, there are about 100 guys in the Habs' operation group now, after all the changes, but I'm not one of them... I just can't imagine the team saying to themselves that they don't want to win games and make the playoffs and do the absolute best they can in 2012-13. I'm pessimistic about the team's chances of pulling it off. But I think they have to *try*. And Plekanec is so core to the Habs' chances of doing anything in 2012-13 that I think it's a total non-starter to trade him for a draft pick (outside of #1 overall - as if anybody was going to offer that anyway).

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:25 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I think we need someone a few years younger. I am not optimistic about our chances after making that trade. It'd make sense if we were one trade away. I think 27 is the oldest we should go.
Agreed. I'm actually a little surprised at how many people came here and took a similar stance as me.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote