HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Parise, Nash or Suter

View Poll Results: You can sign one (and only one) of the three:
Parise 28 32.56%
Nash 6 6.98%
Suter 52 60.47%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
Anybody but Rick Nash. I wouldn't trade Curt Gogol for him straight up. Nash is a 1 mill/year player so why should we trade and pay him 8 times more than he deserves. Heatley>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>Nash
At this point in his career, even Thornton can't make a 4th liner like Nash any useful. Say no to drugs, say no to Rick Nash.

*This has been brought to you by the Ryan Suter fanclub/Anti-Rick Nash Coalition.

I'm Shark Fin Soup and I approve this message.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:51 AM
StalockSuperfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
Evander Kane for Logan Couture?
How bout Pavelski + something relatively small?

StalockSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 08:31 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Your standards for 'complete failure' is far too high. Heatley was a big part of why they made it to consecutive conference finals. He may have been individually disappointing in the second season but a complete failure or even failure is not what I'd consider Heatley being.
He was brought in to score goals in the playoffs, plain and simple. He laughably failed at that. You can make excuses for his injuries, or the assists he did get, but Wilson was very clear that he needed a playoff goal scorer and that is not what he got, and so he got rid of him at the first opportunity.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
He was brought in to score goals in the playoffs, plain and simple. He laughably failed at that. You can make excuses for his injuries, or the assists he did get, but Wilson was very clear that he needed a playoff goal scorer and that is not what he got, and so he got rid of him at the first opportunity.
If he needed playoff goal scoring, it was his own fault that that venture failed with Heatley because, as we both know, he was never that guy. He was always the decoy when it came to the playoffs. He's always been a regular season goal scorer to a relatively high degree and a setup man in the playoffs. He was not a failure because he did what he had always done. It was DW's fault for expecting something out of him that he hadn't historically done.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Tealblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
He was a complete failure, at least in the sense that he did not return to career numbers (as Nash likely will not) and was shipped out of town relatively soon after being acquired.

I think that pretty much qualifies as a failure.
I agree that he was an epic fail. But I don't agree that somehow that would make Nash one too. Nash has always been the single great player on the BJ's with hardly any playmaking or support from the talent around him. Heatley on the other hand has had all star lineups and always seemed to underwhelm anyway. Joe thornton, Jason Spezza, Marleau, Alfredsson... Compare that to Nash with huselius, brassard, prospal, or whoever else.

But like others, I'm not hot on Nash because of what it would cost to pry away Columbus' only great player lol. He also has only made the playoffs once in an underwhelming sweep against detroit where he scored 1 goal. So it's not like we're getting a guy who's proven in the postseason either.

I would much rather go for suter personally.

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote