HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Moncton Wildcats

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-15-2012, 02:52 PM
  #126
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,886
vCash: 500
I don't know much about the Q, but I do know that Bathrust is garbage(Dogs fan here, screw you for 2010 )

I still think that Moncton>>Bathrust... Flynn will do wonders with what he's got, which is quite alot, and add in 2 euros... Scary !!!!!


Last edited by Majik1987: 06-18-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: qdp
IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:59 PM
  #127
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I don't know much about the Q, but I do know that Bathrust is garbage(Dogs fan here, screw you for 2010 )

I still think that Moncton>>Bathrust... Flynn will do wonders with what he's got, which is quite alot, and add in 2 euros... Scary !!!!!
Moncton will finish higher in the standings without a doubt, imo. Bathurst can score but there going to get shell-shocked.. Brennan(#1) had a .863 sav percentage last season and their D is mediocore. There going to lose alot of 6-5, 6-4 , 5-4 ,5-3 games just like last season..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 03:03 PM
  #128
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Moncton will finish higher in the standings without a doubt, imo. Bathurst can score but there going to get shell-shocked.. Brennan(#1) had a .863 sav percentage last season and their D is mediocore. There going to lose alot of 6-5, 6-4 , 5-4 ,5-3 games just like last season..
They probably won't even use their picks for a big time player, and IMO its a 5 horse race.... GAT,BLB,HAL,MON and QC, in No order... I think those team are 2 steps ahead of the competition..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 03:20 PM
  #129
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
They probably won't even use their picks for a big time player, and IMO its a 5 horse race.... GAT,BLB,HAL,MON and QC, in No order... I think those team are 2 steps ahead of the competition..
Your correct ,IMO. I have the same prediction on the other thread..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 03:39 PM
  #130
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Your correct ,IMO. I have the same prediction on the other thread..
And it's no strech to say that QC is a step below, they lack depth and have question marks. However Roy will surely make noise this summer. (Gilles, Roy, Biega SignandTrade, Americans)

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 05:28 PM
  #131
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,410
vCash: 500
There are some rumours circulating that Fabian Joseph may join the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. Im not sure how serious they are though.. Anyone hear anything..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 06:34 PM
  #132
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
There are some rumours circulating that Fabian Joseph may join the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. Im not sure how serious they are though.. Anyone hear anything..
Who's Fabian Joespeh ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 06:48 PM
  #133
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Who's Fabian Joespeh ?
Moncton Wildcats assistant coach. He from Cape Breton and his brother has something to do with the Eagles , I believe.. But he just signed a 3 year contract extension with the Cats.. Pascal Vincent situation

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 07:18 PM
  #134
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,410
vCash: 500
Updated 2012-2013

Dubeau
Thibeau

Downe Melindy
Racine Emond
Roussy McGurty

Sweeney, Wood, Matheson(unknown, 1st pairing QB)

Veilleux Saulnier Saulnier
Penny Nichushkin Euro
Lalonde Robichaud Deruelle
Tremaine Hodge Johnston

Malone, Centis-Jorge, Vatrano(unknown, 2nd line sniper)

Other Notables:

Brandon Shea(trade)
Cameron MacDonald
Maxim Pitre
Jordan Labbe
Julien Belliveau


Last edited by WildcatMapleLeafs28: 06-16-2012 at 07:30 PM.
WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 05:21 AM
  #135
Dogpound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Updated 2012-2013

Dubeau
Thibeau

Downe Melindy
Racine Emond
Roussy McGurty

Sweeney, Wood, Matheson(unknown, 1st pairing QB)

Veilleux Saulnier Saulnier
Penny Nichushkin Euro
Lalonde Robichaud Deruelle
Tremaine Hodge Johnston

Malone, Centis-Jorge, Vatrano(unknown, 2nd line sniper)

Other Notables:

Brandon Shea(trade)
Cameron MacDonald
Maxim Pitre
Jordan Labbe
Julien Belliveau
I heard a rumor that Thibeau will be playing for the commandos. I can't see McGurty being a top 6 guy either.

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:07 AM
  #136
#57
Registered User
 
#57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Updated 2012-2013

Dubeau
Thibeau

Downe Melindy
Racine Emond
Roussy McGurty

Sweeney, Wood, Matheson(unknown, 1st pairing QB)
I really like this defense and BTW Sweeney will play for sure and if Matheson reports they'd be even better

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:05 PM
  #137
IAMCANADIAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
i have also heard this rumor. From the Commandos side it makes alot of sense. As far as I know they have Tim Tucker returning who only played a handful of games. Yesterday they drafted Moncton Flyers Midget AAA goalie Nathan Armstrong.

With their team on the "upswing" I cannot see them heading into the season with two "rookies" as their goaltending tandem.

So if Thibeau goes to the Commandos, who backs up Dubeau? Or does Will return and Dubeau backs up???

IAMCANADIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:09 PM
  #138
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCANADIAN View Post
i have also heard this rumor. From the Commandos side it makes alot of sense. As far as I know they have Tim Tucker returning who only played a handful of games. Yesterday they drafted Moncton Flyers Midget AAA goalie Nathan Armstrong.

With their team on the "upswing" I cannot see them heading into the season with two "rookies" as their goaltending tandem.

So if Thibeau goes to the Commandos, who backs up Dubeau? Or does Will return and Dubeau backs up???
I think Will is gone regardless.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:50 PM
  #139
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCANADIAN View Post
i have also heard this rumor. From the Commandos side it makes alot of sense. As far as I know they have Tim Tucker returning who only played a handful of games. Yesterday they drafted Moncton Flyers Midget AAA goalie Nathan Armstrong.

With their team on the "upswing" I cannot see them heading into the season with two "rookies" as their goaltending tandem.

So if Thibeau goes to the Commandos, who backs up Dubeau? Or does Will return and Dubeau backs up???
Theres no way they bring Will to backup Dubeau. For one , he is a better goalie. For 2, hes a 20 year old euro.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:52 PM
  #140
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
I really like this defense and BTW Sweeney will play for sure and if Matheson reports they'd be even better
Flynn usually keeps 24-25 guys out of camp. Sweeney will stick and so will Wood. They will carry 8 defenceman. I can see McGurty and Sweeney rotating untill Christmas.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:18 PM
  #141
IAMCANADIAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Theres no way they bring Will to backup Dubeau. For one , he is a better goalie. For 2, hes a 20 year old euro.
I agree. So with Thibeau most likely starting for the Commandos, the backup to Dubeau will be a FA brought into camp...a la Lavigne, Owen etc?

IAMCANADIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:23 PM
  #142
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCANADIAN View Post
I agree. So with Thibeau most likely starting for the Commandos, the backup to Dubeau will be a FA brought into camp...a la Lavigne, Owen etc?
It wont be Will. But , imo, Thibeau will be the back up.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:47 AM
  #143
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Theres no way they bring Will to backup Dubeau. For one , he is a better goalie. For 2, hes a 20 year old euro.

Expect St-Arnaud to come back to the commandos from Val D'or.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:43 PM
  #144
chsb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,254
vCash: 500
By the way, the departure of Peter Nevin following his disagreement with Flynn, the Brandon Shea fiasco following a couple of years ago Kabanov fiasco and the drafting of grinderrama in the recent past all make up for the reason why the present lack of depth on that team.


Last edited by Majik1987: 06-18-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: qdp and response
chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:45 PM
  #145
Jazz1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
By the way, the departure of Peter Nevin following his disagreement with Flynn, the Brandon Shea fiasco following a couple of years ago Kabanov fiasco and the drafting of grinderrama in the recent past all make up for the reason why the present lack of depth on that team.
And you don't think that selling all our future assets in 2010 to get Deschamps, Bourque, Tessier, Wall and MacDonald may be part of the reason we have a surplus of 3rd and 4th liners? Given President's Cup wins in 2006 and 2010, contender status in 2012 per most posters on here, and Bathurst's relative performance over the same period, you may want to watch how we create a balanced team.

However, I enjoy your posts. Makes it interesting. Keep it up.

If you're interested in a little side wager, a six pack of lime mojito beer says Moncton will end the first half of the regular season ahead of Bathurst in points.

Jazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:55 AM
  #146
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
And you don't think that selling all our future assets in 2010 to get Deschamps, Bourque, Tessier, Wall and MacDonald may be part of the reason we have a surplus of 3rd and 4th liners? Given President's Cup wins in 2006 and 2010, contender status in 2012 per most posters on here, and Bathurst's relative performance over the same period, you may want to watch how we create a balanced team.

However, I enjoy your posts. Makes it interesting. Keep it up.

If you're interested in a little side wager, a six pack of lime mojito beer says Moncton will end the first half of the regular season ahead of Bathurst in points.
just to show you that i'm not against or for any team, i agree with your post. You do have too many 3rd and 4th liners, and i dont doubt Flynn will mortage the next 4yrs if he feels he can win this year!

although i dont see the point of making a bet to see who has more points halfway through the year!!! since when does that matter? Just ask Victoriaville or Quebec!!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:31 PM
  #147
Jazz1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
You don't see the point. - are you kidding me? Can you imagine the pleasure of drinking CHSB's beer in the second half and the bragging rights that would go with it? I could probably sell shares in the winnings to other posters on here. Pure gold!

Besides, Leo is going to make Bathurst into a real contender! Moncton's grinders led by a coach who has traded away the future and mismanaged the rest shouldn't offer the mighty Bathurst team any competition.

The offer stands.:ch eers:

Jazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 04:24 AM
  #148
chsb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,254
vCash: 500
Reports suggest that Andre Levesque, who worked in the Titan scouting department for the last 10 years, could be the leading candidate to replace Peter Nevin with the Wildcats.
Useless to say that in the scouting circles Levesque's job has been highly praised.
One only needs to look at how many Titan drafted players will be in the regular lineup next season.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 01:24 PM
  #149
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,603
vCash: 500
Ya those "Masterminds" in Bathurst Hahaha

And this is the Moncton board so you don't need to pump Titan scouts tires in here.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:13 AM
  #150
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,410
vCash: 500
Roman Will goes undrafted and James Melindy was take in the 3rd round(#88) by Phoenix , well ahead of Bathurst forward Lalancette

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.