HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ-PHI (Rick Nash rumors and proposed deals; update: traded to NYR, July 23)

Old
06-17-2012, 03:25 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
So just to verify that "shocking update" didn't happen and isn't going to happen, right?
No, it happened. He said that Nash veto'd a trade to Philly and has removed the Flyers from his list of acceptable teams.

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
does anyone else think thats an oxymoron?

like who?
That's my point. For Philadelphia Flyers rumors, is Tim Panacchio considered legitimate according to site rules? if so, lol.

Last edited by GKJ: 06-17-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: none of that guy
Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:06 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
That's my point. For Philadelphia Flyers rumors, is Tim Panacchio considered legitimate according to site rules? if so, lol.
Yes

15) Outlandish claims of inside information: This is subjective and will be at the discretion of the moderator after consulting with other posters and other administrators. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post.

There's a difference between an idiot and a kid with twitter who sits in his basement. Full disclosure, I've consulted multiple times with other moderators and administrators as to what this means, and in the past have tried to allow their 'rumors' to go on as simple speculation just as anyone else here would speculate. No other forum allows these kids' 'rumors' to infiltrate their forums as real news, so we're not either. All they have to do is prove that they actually do have sources, and the website will green light it. So far, none of these guys have, despite how much they cry and call other people names (which is both not professional, childish, and further proves they're just liars).

Timmy is an accredited media member, who works for a credible media outlet. Whether or not his intelligence rivals that of a doorknob is irrelevant, the point is he is associated with a media outlet. Timmy works for the same entity that owns the Flyers, so there's nothing to dispute there.

The other guy (who is now being disputed by another kid tweeting from his basement in the complete opposite direction) is not. He is random person on the internet who wants to be the next Eklund. And most people here would say one Eklund is one too many, so we're not having it here.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Devastate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
No, it happened. He said that Nash veto'd a trade to Philly and has removed the Flyers from his list of acceptable teams.
Really? Can't tell if you're serious.

Devastate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:26 PM
phillyflyerfan1992
@ahthorne

I'm guessing Nash will be heading to one of his 'top-5 preferred destinations'. I'll be happy to not have the 5th highest cap-hit in the league on our team, but he's a good player. Maybe now we'll work on defense...

phillyflyerfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
GKJ is right. He had a flukey year with his shooting percentage. Just like he had a flukey year in the other direction in shooting percentage in 09-10 when he scored only 14. When his shooting percentage normalizes he's more likely to be a 25 goal scorer. I'm sure most fans will hate him on again for having a disappointing year because they've created unrealistic expectations in their minds.
All shots are not created equal. There can be more to fluctuations in shooting percentage and shot totals (also a career high for Hartnell) than purely random variance. It only makes sense that skating with an elite playmaker would contribute to increases in shot opportunity and shot quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I didn't knock his talent, I knocked his future production based on trends of players in the age rage he's about to come in to.
The problem with that method in this case is that it lumps Nash into a category of players who are much less talented than he is and it completely ignores the possible changes to the team context.

Last edited by Damaged Goods: 06-17-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Gir°ux #28

I have 3 different guys on twitter saying Nash didn't want to move his NTC for the flyers, is that true or is it juust bs?

Giroux 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Jray42

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
I have 3 different guys on twitter saying Nash didn't want to move his NTC for the flyers, is that true or is it juust bs?
Hopefully it's true.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Nothing but a rumor started by someone living in mommys basement trying to be an 'insider'.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Quote:
I pray to god it's true

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Gir°ux #28

I don't see the point in trading the house for this guy, maybe if his cap hit was around 5.5 and he was only 26 I would but not now

Old
06-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I don't see the point in trading the house for this guy, maybe if his cap hit was around 5.5 and he was only 26 I would but not now
To be fair, if his cap hit was around 5.5 and he was 26, he wouldn't be available . . . If he was available he would cost significantly more than we could offer--

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Gir°ux #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
To be fair, if his cap hit was around 5.5 and he was 26, he wouldn't be available . . . If he was available he would cost significantly more than we could offer--
Yeah I know just saying, just would rather move JVR for a Dman, and now that they are apparently out of the Nash saga, who do you guys think they target

Old
06-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Yeah I know just saying, just would rather move JVR for a Dman, and now that they are apparently out of the Nash saga, who do you guys think they target
Honestly, at this point I don't expect a blockbuster trade between now and the draft.

(So I'll assume something big happens tomorrow).

If I'm Holmgren, I hope a few teams go off the board in the top 20 and ensure one of the high risk, high reward-types falls to us. Short of that, I would explore the possibility of trading that pick for a defensive prospect if there are really only forwards and goalies on the board.

At the draft, I offer Bobrovsky to Columbus for Savard or Goloubef and a 3rd (61st overall). Maybe package the (then) two thirds and jump into the 2nd round and pick whichever high risk, high reward forward slips.

July 1, I offer Zach Parise something close to a blank check--not that I expect he would sign here, but I think he fixes a few different long-term issues and improves our team defense.

If the Flyers manage to acquire Parise, then I think they start shopping one of JVR or Voracek and Mezsaros to see what is out there in terms of young, top-4 defenseman (the logic being that JVR / Voracek have significant value, and Mez is a good short-term replacement).

Quote:

In regards to the Nash rumors flying around the Flyers today...I am not saying the Flyers are not in on Nash, but I don't feel he is on top of their list and when it comes to spending that cap hit...the Flyers are far more likely to make a HUGE play for Shea Weber.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...Luongo/1/45005

As per Eklund, Nash is not a priority...

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 06-17-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old
06-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Honestly, at this point I don't expect a blockbuster trade between now and the draft.

If I'm Holmgren, I hope a few teams go off the board in the top 20 and ensure one of the high risk, high reward-types falls to us. Short of that, I would explore the possibility of trading that pick for a defensive prospect if there are really only forwards and goalies on the board.

At the draft, I offer Bobrovsky to Columbus for Savard or Goloubef and a 3rd (61st overall). Maybe package the (then) two thirds and jump into the 2nd round and pick whichever high risk, high reward forward slips.

July 1, I offer Zach Parise something close to a blank check--not that I expect he would sign here, but I think he fixes a few different long-term issues and improves our team defense.

If the Flyers manage to acquire Parise, then I think they start shopping one of JVR or Voracek and Mezsaros to see what is out there in terms of young, top-4 defenseman (the logic being that JVR / Voracek have significant value, and Mez is a good short-term replacement).
I expect similar, but I actually expect some sort of trade gets made. I think we sign Carle and a depth forward who can play a 4th line role. Jagr is a probable yes. I expect that between now and mid-July, we package 1-2 of our forwards for another solid defenseman.

I just can't think that the Snider says "Defense is the focus" and all we do is re-sign what we had there.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Gir°ux #28

Quote:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...Luongo/1/45005

As per Eklund, Nash is not a priority...
I know everyone says Eklund has his sources with the flyers, I could care less, to me opinions are as useful as a used tissue, sources or no sources I don't buy it until, I hear a true hockey insider that is trustable come up with it

Last edited by Giroux 4 MVP: 06-17-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old
06-17-2012, 07:11 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
it's bs, that's no confirmation of the rumor on any articles, it's made up.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...204&feedID=695, they are still in the mix, the rumor was false

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 07:28 PM
tuckrr

apparently were getting weber now

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 07:31 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
it's bs, that's no confirmation of the rumor on any articles, it's made up.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...204&feedID=695, they are still in the mix, the rumor was false
That article says nothing to refute the rumor about Nash not lifting his NTC to come here. All it says is the Flyers are one of several teams "reportedly" interested in him.

35NW8ING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Gir°ux #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
apparently were getting weber now
Link now!

Old
06-17-2012, 07:33 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Link now!
its eklund...dont get excited

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 07:33 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...204&feedID=695

Quote:
The question now, as it was in late February — when Columbus GM Scott Howson got greedy and demanded a combination of players including Chris Kreider; Derek Stepan or Carl Hagelin; Ryan McDonagh or Michael Del Zotto; plus Brandon Dubinsky and a first-rounder
Nash may be stuck in Columbus forever if this is still the asking price.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...204&feedID=695

Nash may be stuck in Columbus forever if this is still the asking price.
I'm pretty sure that every single iteration of this story goes back to Brooks from the NY Post...and frankly, I just don't believe that Howson asked for all of that.

It is possible the Rangers said he did--though I'm not sure what that would accomplish if they were really in on Nash hard--but I think it is equally likely that Brooks was just finding a way to make the story more interesting.

(Keep in mind, too, that Columbus doesn't particularly "want" Dubinsky; he's the defacto salary through in from the Rangers--which doesn't mean he's without value, but he's not a player the Blue Jackets are targeting...)

Old
06-17-2012, 07:39 PM
dawkins121

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that every single iteration of this story goes back to Brooks from the NY Post...and frankly, I just don't believe that Howson asked for all of that.

It is possible the Rangers said he did--though I'm not sure what that would accomplish if they were really in on Nash hard--but I think it is equally likely that Brooks was just finding a way to make the story more interesting.

(Keep in mind, too, that Columbus doesn't particularly "want" Dubinsky; he's the defacto salary through in from the Rangers--which doesn't mean he's without value, but he's not a player the Blue Jackets are targeting...)
I dunno, a lot of people at the deadline were saying Howson's asking price was pretty outlandish. I think he's trying to make up for the Carter fiasco in one swoop.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 07:45 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
This is the second time you questioned this information. Why don't you believe it?

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote