HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Glendale Arena hockey music

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2012, 09:44 AM
  #51
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?
 
DirtyOldMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ...yup, still in AZ.
Posts: 780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_tiger View Post
There is no set warmup song. The Warmup songs are selected by the players based on some strange internal rules of teh locker room. Hense so much bad Euro trash music
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
There was one song that they played every single time the players came out on the ice for warm-ups, though. The songs after it were different, but that particular song was used for a good 15-20 games.
I woke up this morning and realized the tune going through my head was what they were playing as they exited the ice from the pregame warmup Monday (the one that ends 20 minutes before the game), and I know I've heard that during that pregame skate before. An almost mellow walking pace instrumental, pretty much all bass and synth (being accused of being Eurotrash myself, I rather liked it), and from my rudimentary study of music, I think it has a 12/8 signature... goes 1.. 2.. 333 444 1.. 2.. 333 444, with notes played on the 3's and 4's.

DirtyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 08:06 PM
  #52
Phrost
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Phrost
Sorry to bump an old thread guys but Im trying to get an idea of what was played in the Western Conference finals for warmup. THe only song I remember was Avicii Levels...if anyone is willing to list me some I'd be very grateful!

Phrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 08:21 PM
  #53
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?
 
AZcoyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread guys but Im trying to get an idea of what was played in the Western Conference finals for warmup. THe only song I remember was Avicii Levels...if anyone is willing to list me some I'd be very grateful!
All I remember:



Edit: Oh, I guess that's the same thing you posted :p I got confused.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:24 AM
  #54
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,319
vCash: 500
You have any idea of the lyrics? Or what it sounded like?

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:35 AM
  #55
helvete
Registered User
 
helvete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post
I woke up this morning and realized the tune going through my head was what they were playing as they exited the ice from the pregame warmup Monday (the one that ends 20 minutes before the game), and I know I've heard that during that pregame skate before. An almost mellow walking pace instrumental, pretty much all bass and synth (being accused of being Eurotrash myself, I rather liked it), and from my rudimentary study of music, I think it has a 12/8 signature... goes 1.. 2.. 333 444 1.. 2.. 333 444, with notes played on the 3's and 4's.
I don't know anything about signatures but a shot in the dark...

helvete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:11 AM
  #56
Coyotes89
Registered User
 
Coyotes89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
Calvin Harris - "Feel so close to me", was one of the warm up songs in the playoffs

Coyotes89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 02:43 AM
  #57
coyotesfan
Registered User
 
coyotesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
There was one song that they played every single time the players came out on the ice for warm-ups, though. The songs after it were different, but that particular song was used for a good 15-20 games.
The song they played as they came out for warmups inthe playoffs was "Gotta Have it." Then followed by Avicci "Levels" this song was mixed in with Calvin Harris "Feel so close." They also played the song posted above "Sail." I feel like im missing one if I am I know they played that Black Keys song "Gold on the ceiling" during the season alot maybe in the playoffs too?

coyotesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:25 AM
  #58
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?
 
DirtyOldMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ...yup, still in AZ.
Posts: 780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvete View Post
I don't know anything about signatures but a shot in the dark...
Nailed it, thanks. And I *never* would have found that on my own.

DirtyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:03 AM
  #59
yotesreign
Registered User
 
yotesreign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Goldwater Blvd
Country: United States
Posts: 1,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotes89 View Post
Calvin Harris - "Feel so close to me", was one of the warm up songs in the playoffs
there is a part of that song (the part they play at the arena) that I like - the rest not as much. Fuirst time I heard the song on youtube I didn't think it was the right song cuz it too awhile to get to the part I recognized.

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:25 AM
  #60
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?
 
AZcoyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,231
vCash: 500
All these song make me miss hockey

I wanna sleep 'til it's October.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:42 AM
  #61
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?
 
AZcoyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,231
vCash: 500
Anyone else remember this?



I loved that one

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:30 PM
  #62
Guest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,259
vCash: 500
You have to have something new every year for the scoreboard video I think. Something that shows the current players and their roles proportionally.

I'd love to see them bring back the organ player. I always enjoyed that as a hockey tradition and liked it when they did it in brief stints in the past. They can play the modern music, just play it on an organ so it has a different feel.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.