HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Bobby Ryan is "Available")

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Thanks for that post DVM. It seems to me that it wouldn't cost us as much to move up to 2 as I thought. I definitely don't think it would cost someone like Etem or Palmieri. Maybe a prosect like Rakkel and a 3rd.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
Murray barely does well with regular trades, now some you want him trading good prospects for hope...and actually think he'll come out on top. For shame.
He reminds me of some of those people on Storage Wars that get caught up in the bidding, and throw away $3,000 on a locker full of $300 dollars worth of stuff.

How about we see what our prospects can do before we send them packing.
Unless its a high impact star player available, we should just sit tight.
Ya because prospects always pan out. Typical HF poster. Join the real world where prospects dont pan out 90% of the time.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I don't really think Murray is that bad at trades either. He's made a few bad moves, but I don't think he's horrible by any means. If he sees a player that he thinks will be hands down better then the rest, he should make a play for them.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:55 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
GRiggo is the only guy close to yakpov in top end talent you trade up to get him based on talent
I think Murray actually is the most NHL ready player in the draft. Just based off everything I have read and watched he seems to be able to step right in and put in top 4 minutes like Fowler did.
Either way I would be more then fine with moving up to get the #1-3 picks as long as we are only give up picks if it is possible or no prospects only roster players like Lydman or Cogs..
Like the 6th overall, Cogs and a 2nd to get to #2?

Old
06-17-2012, 04:19 PM
DuckshaveaRPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
I think Murray actually is the most NHL ready player in the draft. Just based off everything I have read and watched he seems to be able to step right in and put in top 4 minutes like Fowler did.
Either way I would be more then fine with moving up to get the #1-3 picks as long as we are only give up picks if it is possible or no prospects only roster players like Lydman or Cogs..
Like the 6th overall, Cogs and a 2nd to get to #2?
i mostly agree with this but in terms of talent upside and potential Griggs is only behind Yakpov

Old
06-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
i mostly agree with this but in terms of talent upside and potential Griggs is only behind Yakpov
I think Galy is just as talented personally. If not for the injury I believe it would be a toss up between he and nail. Didn't he dominate the year before his injury?

Old
06-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Thanks for that post DVM. It seems to me that it wouldn't cost us as much to move up to 2 as I thought. I definitely don't think it would cost someone like Etem or Palmieri. Maybe a prosect like Rakkel and a 3rd.
No problem, I was wondering what it actually usually cost to move up a bit. You have to take the top 5 picks with a grain of salt though - those are typically involving special needs, bad GM's, special circumstances (Sedin twins), or expansion teams looking for core players "right now".

Old
06-17-2012, 04:35 PM
DuckshaveaRPG

yeah galy did have a good year before he went down but you also got to keep in mind Griggs had health issues and played a ton of hockey and stilll put up big numbers i think a lot of these marks against his work ethic could just come from him playing unhealthy and takin breaks or lack ing the half step of qickness every now and again but he has elite talent cand size and can play wing as well as centre

Old
06-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Oh I don't doubt Grigo's talent at all. My point was that the two are close, and I don't think one clearly has more talent then the other. I haven't seen a lot of either but the little I have, Galy seems to be the better NHL player IMO.

Old
06-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
I think Galy is just as talented personally. If not for the injury I believe it would be a toss up between he and nail. Didn't he dominate the year before his injury?
That's kind of my thought too. Plus I don't believe there is any potential Russian factor with Galchenyuk. The kid spent enough time in north America such that he's not packing his bags for Siberia if he runs into a little adversity in his career.

Old
06-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
That's kind of my thought too. Plus I don't believe there is any potential Russian factor with Galchenyuk. The kid spent enough time in north America such that he's not packing his bags for Siberia if he runs into a little adversity in his career.
Yeah, if Alex wants to suit up for the US Olympic team, then he's not going to have the chance to do that in the KHL. They will always take an NHL player over one that plays in Europe. The best he could hope for in the KHL is an invite to the WCs.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Yeah, if Alex wants to suit up for the US Olympic team, then he's not going to have the chance to do that in the KHL. They will always take an NHL player over one that plays in Europe. The best he could hope for in the KHL is an invite to the WCs.
That's not really true, there just has never been an instance of a better Canadian or American player playing outside the NHL. In a way, if the NHL doesn't go to Sochi, then going to the KHL would actually give him an amazing shot at the US Olympic team.

You can't also discount the things players of Russian descent will say and do to try and prove to NHL teams they're not a risk factor. I read that Burmistrov said some pretty outrageous things, and others I'm sure have followed, so it wouldn't be out of the question for Gally to insist he's an American just to avoid all that.

But I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here. I fully believe him that he's American and that his KHL flight risk is no greater than, say, Matt Dumba's.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
That's not really true, there just has never been an instance of a better Canadian or American player playing outside the NHL. In a way, if the NHL doesn't go to Sochi, then going to the KHL would actually give him an amazing shot at the US Olympic team.
The KHL is not perceived as an equal to the NHL around this league, and the people that get tapped to scout talent for the team are the GMs and coaches in the NHL.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

6h pick + Cogliano for 2nd overall? Columbus would have to consider that...

6th pick + Cogliano + Schultz + second rounder to Edmonton for 1st overall?

Doubt Edmonton wants Cogliano back... But I definitely think he'd be a huge asset for Columbus. He'd be a top 6 player on their team... Quite easily I think.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Isn't Howson trying to extort something like 2 roster player's, 2 prospects, and a pick for Nash? Howson is so out to lunch about player values I can't see him considering the 6th + Cogliano + #36. It's probably decent value but I think he wants overpayment.

Edit - I have no idea why my phone decided "Howson" should be "Nashville"....

Last edited by Ducks DVM: 06-17-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old
06-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanCat View Post

Doubt Edmonton wants Cogliano back... But I definitely think he'd be a huge asset for Columbus. He'd be a top 6 player on their team... Quite easily I think.
Columbus aren't going to move down 4 spots and take Cogliano off our hands at the same time. We'd have to add to that package.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
The KHL is not perceived as an equal to the NHL around this league, and the people that get tapped to scout talent for the team are the GMs and coaches in the NHL.
Not at all, but if a supremely talented American or Canadian went to the KHL for no reason, he wouldn't get left off the Olympic team solely because of that. These guys do their due diligence. It's just never occurred before, and almost certainly never will.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:

Why would Columbus have to consider that? Move down a talent tier in the draft to acquire a mediocrity like Cogliano that could be found in free agency? Howson is a certain kind of moron, but he doesn't generally sell that cheap.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Isn't Nashville trying to extort something like 2 roster player's, 2 prospects, and a pick for Nash? Hobson is so out to lunch about player values I can't see him considering the 6th + Cogliano + #36. It's probably decent value but I think he wants overpayment.
Maybe... But yeeesh take what you can get! Columbus has the worst top 6 in the league. Their likely to draft someone at 2 who won't be able to play next season... Maybe that's a good thing f they want to rebuild ala Edmonton... But if not... They'd benefit from the services of Cogliano day one of next season.

I'd offer up Cogliano+ 6th overall, plus two thirds (2012/2013)..., no way they should get anymore than that to move only down 4 spots to six.

Especially getting a very decent player in Cogliano.

Okay... Cogs+6th pick+ 2nd rounde + third rounder HAS to be good enough value or Columbus to bite.

Cogs can play or them right now... And on a similar team to cbj, Cogliano put up very decent numbers when he was in a top 6 role. Columbus needs players ready to play next season

Old
06-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:

The problem is, they want to have a team where he isn't a top six player for them. Acquiring him won't do that. I'm also sure Toronto or even MTL would offer more than Cogs to get that pick.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
The problem is, they want to have a team where he isn't a top six player for them. Acquiring him won't do that. I'm also sure Toronto or even MTL would offer more than Cogs to get that pick.
They are virtually unable to have a team like that without drafting for another 2 years/ trading picks/ Nash/ prospects developing.

Cogs would be a huge addition to Columbus's feeble lineup... Who is Toronto going to offer to acquire that pick? No one better than Cogs, imo.

Why the heck would Montreal offer up something better than Cogs, 6th overall, second rounder + third rounder to move up one freaking spot!?!?! .... They wouldn't and shouldnt.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Not at all, but if a supremely talented American or Canadian went to the KHL for no reason, he wouldn't get left off the Olympic team solely because of that. These guys do their due diligence. It's just never occurred before, and almost certainly never will.
We've had plenty of American players that went overseas to play. This wouldn't be anything new. The NHL has been the proving ground for Olympic players for a while now.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
They are virtually unable to have a team like that without drafting for another 2 years/ trading picks/ Nash/ prospects developing.

Cogs would be a huge addition to Columbus's feeble lineup... Who is Toronto going to offer to acquire that pick? No one better than Cogs, imo.

Why the heck would Montreal offer up something better than Cogs, 6th overall, second rounder + third rounder to move up one freaking spot!?!?! .... They wouldn't and shouldnt.
Cogs doesn't jump start anything. ES is right. They aren't looking for someone that just passes as a top six forward for them. Even if they wanted Cogs, they're going to know that they don't have to pay that much to get him.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Cogs doesn't jump start anything. ES is right. They aren't looking for someone that just passes as a top six forward for them. Even if they wanted Cogs, they're going to know that they don't have to pay that much to get him.
Pay that much? I thought people were Saying earlier our pick plus a second would be fair value to move up 4 spots...

Cogs doesn't exactly have no value... We traded a second rounder for hi
M, as I remember, and was a 40-50 point player in the Oilers top 6.

Maybe he won't jump start Columbus, but hed be a huge addition for such a weak team.

I don't see how any other team would be willing to offer more.

Old
06-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Pay that much? I thought people were Saying earlier our pick plus a second would be fair value to move up 4 spots...

Cogs doesn't exactly have no value... We traded a second rounder for hi
M, as I remember, and was a 40-50 point player in the Oilers top 6.

Maybe he won't jump start Columbus, but hed be a huge addition for such a weak team.

I don't see how any other team would be willing to offer more.
Just because we paid a second for Cogs doesn't mean that is what he's worth.

Closed Thread