HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers interested in Justin Schultz, Part II - The "Fans Praying" Edition

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to guarantee Schultz an NHL spot to get him to sign?
Yes 101 64.74%
No 55 35.26%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2012, 04:47 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Strickland's tweet about Edmonton, Vancouver, and Toronto was a bunch of BS I think, because he's backtracking. This is what he posted today:

Quote:
University of Wisconsin D-man Justin Schultz will remain on the Anaheim Ducks reserve list until June 25th. I mentioned the other day of some Canadian based teams who will likely express serious interest. The reality is virtually all 30 teams have expressed at least some level of interest. Once no longer property of Anaheim Schultz will narrow his list to just a handful of teams. Many believe the right shot D-man can run a NHL power play next season and has the physical tools plus the hockey sense to step right into the NHL.
No Andy, you mentioned the three teams you said he had narrowed it down to.

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/A...nee-Surgery-01

Old
06-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Strickland's tweet about Edmonton, Vancouver, and Toronto was a bunch of BS I think, because he's backtracking. This is what he posted today:

Bingo, thank you Azrok!

Like I said the other day, there's no way he'd have that information. There's absolutely no reason for Schultz to tell anyone what he's thinking other than his family at this point. Offers haven't even been made yet, so technically he can't know who's interested and what they're offering, even though in reality, it's all the same.

Old
06-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post

either he leaked something he wasn't allowed to or as i said it just looks like he was editorializing a bit by listing a few potential teams. either way i am glad to see a quasi-retraction. at least he didn't leave that up in the air.

glad to hear though. odds may not be the highest that he signs here over a canadian team, but his tweet on the three teams made me a little nervous.

Old
06-16-2012, 05:55 PM
LordsCup*

I think he will be a ranger now!

Old
06-16-2012, 07:57 PM
bernmeister

Obviously, nothing is in the bag yet, but there's a big difference between these are my 3 finalists, and these would be the 3 if I put Canada at the top of the heap.

Oh yeah, thanks Azrok!

Old
06-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

So, some "information" has been replaced by no information and (some) people are hopeful again. July 1st can't come soon enough.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:56 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Why anyone believed that other nonsense is beyond me.

NO information would be released or leaked.

And there's no chance some random columnist has access to what Schultz is thinking or feeling as well as his family and friends.

Its all speculation.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Why anyone believed that other nonsense is beyond me.

NO information would be released or leaked.

And there's no chance some random columnist has access to what Schultz is thinking or feeling as well as his family and friends.

Its all speculation.
pretty sure the twitter or another article used a teammate of his as a source. he's a 20 year old kid. i'm sure he's spoken to a few closer friends/teammates about it.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:17 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Hope he knows that if he goes to Toronto he isn't gonna win a thing lol.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Leetch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Hope he knows that if he goes to Toronto he isn't gonna win a thing lol.
We haven't got anything conquered as of yet either other than we will probably regress with the current roster we have considering Philly-Pens-Bruins are all stronger this season and have more scoring than us and plus the fact we had to play over our heads to do what we did on most nights last season and we also had a losing record against the Leafs . Our team is far from a sure lock for anything and who knows...with a bad injury to Hank or BR along with Gabby out for 3 months...we could be in a dogfight for a spot in the playoffs .

Old
06-17-2012, 11:30 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
We haven't got anything conquered as of yet either other than we will probably regress with the current roster we have considering Philly-Pens-Bruins are all stronger this season and have more scoring than us and plus the fact we had to play over our heads to do what we did on most nights last season and we also had a losing record against the Leafs . Our team is far from a sure lock for anything and who knows...with a bad injury to Hank or BR along with Gabby out for 3 months...we could be in a dogfight for a spot in the playoffs .
i also expect some regression. the rangers caught the league a bit off-guard this year. i expect their opponents to be a bit more well-prepared. not that they'll be a bad team, or anything like that. but i wouldn't assume they'll be back in the conference finals again. particularly without an improvement in their scoring - though i do expect the current players to get a bit better in the offensive zone with some more maturity and growth as a team.
sorry, got a bit on a tangent. but i agree that some regression is likely.

Old
06-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Strickland is beyond useless unless he's talking about anything but the Blues or Pronger. No idea why anyone would take him any more seriously than Eklund (they are the exact same though Strickland has contacts with the Blues and Pronger -- but that's it.).

Old
06-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Strickland is beyond useless unless he's talking about anything but the Blues or Pronger. No idea why anyone would take him any more seriously than Eklund (they are the exact same though Strickland has contacts with the Blues and Pronger -- but that's it.).
He broke the Richards signing before anyone.

Old
06-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
And Eklund has broken **** before, too. Blind squirrels and all.

Old
06-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
i also expect some regression. the rangers caught the league a bit off-guard this year. i expect their opponents to be a bit more well-prepared. not that they'll be a bad team, or anything like that. but i wouldn't assume they'll be back in the conference finals again. particularly without an improvement in their scoring - though i do expect the current players to get a bit better in the offensive zone with some more maturity and growth as a team.
Unless we get some scoring from some good creators or skilled, talented (not grinding) forward scoring powers, we will regress quite a bit. It's no question that right now we can't score.

Old
06-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post

No, he most certainly did not.

Playmaker26 over at Dober Hockey. Look it up. This poster was calling the Richards deal within a week or so of the Flyers playoff exit last spring. His information was sourced high up, inside the Flyers Org.

Detail for detail. Down the line accurate. Carter too. The most amazing hockey thread I've ever looked at. If you can find it, it's absolutely worth the read.

Old
06-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
No, he most certainly did not.

Playmaker26 over at Dober Hockey. Look it up. This poster was calling the Richards deal within a week or so of the Flyers playoff exit last spring. His information was sourced high up, inside the Flyers Org.

Detail for detail. Down the line accurate. Carter too. The most amazing hockey thread I've ever looked at. If you can find it, it's absolutely worth the read.
I think he's talking about Brad Richards, not Mike.

06-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Pizza

My mistake then. Sorry.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:52 AM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
I expect the exact opposite. First, take into account that Staal will be with the team from the start. Next, take into account that Kreider will be with the team from the start, as will Hagelin, who only played the second half last year. Then there's the likelihood that Dubinsky and Anisimov play closer to what they are capable. On top of that, you can figure natural progression for guys like Stepan, Del Zotto, McD, etc.

And on top of ALL that--this team got close enough to taste the Stanley Cup finals. These players, with the character they have--you bet your ass they want to get back to that point and further.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:02 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
I expect the exact opposite. First, take into account that Staal will be with the team from the start. Next, take into account that Kreider will be with the team from the start, as will Hagelin, who only played the second half last year. Then there's the likelihood that Dubinsky and Anisimov play closer to what they are capable. On top of that, you can figure natural progression for guys like Stepan, Del Zotto, McD, etc.

And on top of ALL that--this team got close enough to taste the Stanley Cup finals. These players, with the character they have--you bet your ass they want to get back to that point and further.
Our best skater all season will be out till like January...and we dont know how he will bounce back.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:40 AM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Our best skater all season will be out till like January...and we dont know how he will bounce back.
If you recall last October, we were doomed because our #1 defenseman was out indefinitely, and we didn't know how he'd bounce back (not accusing anyone--I felt the same way back then). This group found a way. Clark and company have been focusing on character at the draft and in FA for the last few years. We're starting to see why. I have faith that guys on this team will step up to fill the void.

Old
06-18-2012, 02:25 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
If you recall last October, we were doomed because our #1 defenseman was out indefinitely, and we didn't know how he'd bounce back (not accusing anyone--I felt the same way back then). This group found a way. Clark and company have been focusing on character at the draft and in FA for the last few years. We're starting to see why. I have faith that guys on this team will step up to fill the void.
Feel pretty much the same.
Richards had his worst year in point production Per game in ages. He will step up
Dubinsky (36 points) and Boyle (26 points) both had down years point wise - they should rebound a bit
Hagelin, Stepan, McD, MDZ and AA are still under development and should realistically improve a bit
Cally and girardi otoh I think may have peaked last season point wise
We add Kreider from the get go
We add one more new fwd somehow with 20-30 goal potential
We have Staal from the get go
We most likely have Erixon that should add some points as well

I think losing Gabby will not mean we lose 20 goals in production for half the year.

But it is 2012 so who really knows?

Old
06-18-2012, 02:50 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Our best scorer will be out till January, not our best skater.

Old
06-18-2012, 03:05 AM
gravey9

After Kreider, there are still 8 or 9 prospects that have a legit chance of making the NHL in the Rangers system. A few that I think will eventually make an impact - Erixon, McIlrath, Miller and Fast. I know Sather is feeling the pressure to go out and help the team get to the next level, but I think the team might benefit just as much in keeping a bunch of cap space open and waiting for the right bargain to land in our laps. There will be one, it's just a matter of patience.

Old
06-18-2012, 06:11 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Next Monday is June 25. That is when Schultz and Newport Sports can "officially" talk to teams. There have been no leaks. I read on an Anaheim board/one of the blogs where comments are posted below that Newport Sports told Anaheim to forget about trying to trade the rights to Schultz because he is going to free agency and won't agree to terms before he gets to June 25. Or it could have been a Wisconsin Badger blog with the comments below. Newport wants their client to reach free agency on June 25.

Closed Thread