HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Preds sever ties to Radulov. Looking to trade rights

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2012, 01:48 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Some team is going to get a steal when this is over.

Old
06-14-2012, 02:13 PM
ilikeblocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
So true. I don't blame a twenty-something kid for leaving to take a higher paying job closer to home. If this is the business world, Radulov is praised for his decision making.

Old
06-14-2012, 02:18 PM
preds1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Dead on with that one AW.

Old
06-14-2012, 03:27 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeblocks View Post
So true. I don't blame a twenty-something kid for leaving to take a higher paying job closer to home. If this is the business world, Radulov is praised for his decision making.
I don't have a problem with that at all...its his play on the ice that is the problem.

The guy will not commit to playing defense, and in the playoffs it gets harder to score so you become a liabilty who won't play defense and can't score at a high enough rate to make up for that.

For the record, in the business world, if you leave a team that you have a contract and go apply your talents somewhere else, usually you get sued.

Old
06-14-2012, 05:26 PM
bernmeister

If his rights have been acquired by another KHL team offering huge $$$$$$$$$, then his NHL rights just went south.

Conditional 7th, which can be increased to later conditional 4th + conditional 3rd IF he ever plays for my NHL team, and meets availability/production targets.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:57 AM
kp61c

vCash: 833
he decided to stay in khl after all. his agent says that one of the main reasons is possible lockout. well, im glad that he will be playing in moscow
http://allhockey.ru/news/125581/

Last edited by kp61c: 06-18-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old
06-18-2012, 02:01 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
he decided to stay in khl after all. his agent says that one of the main reasons is possible lockout. well, im glad that he will be playing in moscow
Link? Why would he make a decision before the draft?

Old
06-18-2012, 02:43 AM
Korolyuk15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couturioux View Post
Link? Why would he make a decision before the draft?
Because Poile's behaviour made him not want to play in the NHL

Old
06-18-2012, 07:53 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korolyuk15 View Post
Poile's behavior? It's POILE'S fault that Radulov is going back to the KHL?

Old
06-18-2012, 08:33 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korolyuk15 View Post
You're joking.

Old
06-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Korolyuk15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Poile's behavior? It's POILE'S fault that Radulov is going back to the KHL?

yup...or whoever decided to bench him and publicly flay him in the media....I personally think they never had any intention to resign him, and so made sure to turn public opinion against him so that no one would get mad at them for not resigning him

A second way to look at it is that he didn't trade his rights in a timely manner and allow another team the opportunity to sign him, thus keeping him in the NHL

A third view is that by definition if Poile hadn't brought him to the predators it would be impossible for him to go back to the KHL

Three explanations, same result...take your pick

Quote:
You're joking.
nope

Old
06-18-2012, 09:05 AM
SterlingBennett
Duchess Of Wingers

^ one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on here in awhile. I pray you are trolling and not serious.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:57 PM
The Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
If his rights have been acquired by another KHL team offering huge $$$$$$$$$, then his NHL rights just went south.

Conditional 7th, which can be increased to later conditional 4th + conditional 3rd IF he ever plays for my NHL team, and meets availability/production targets.
Anyone have the latest on this cat? Only 27. One of my all-time favorite players and it sucks not being able to watch him (Link for his KHL games??). Would love to see him playing in Buffalo being centered by fellow Russian, Grigorenko. Does Nashville still own his rights? Not sure the kind of salary he would command, but he should come cheap, draft pick wise. Nashville was a recent trading partner with Buffalo. If his head is on right, I think he deserves a second chance. His talent is undeniable. Longshot, but they would at worst be "buying low". Low risk for Elite reward. Elite being, something they are short of at RW, atleast until Armia arrives next year. I believe they realize, that they are deficient at RW. Should make the race for Ryan and hopefully Perry, that much more interesting. #DDD_DontDoubtDarth #Welcome2BuffMrBobbyPerry

1A: FOLIGNO-ENNIS-ARMIA
1B: VANEK-HODGE-RYAN/PERRY
1C: GIRGS-GRIGS-RADS

#NHL14

Old
01-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Kid Dynamite
Pro Scout

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgothemo View Post
Anyone have the latest on this cat? Only 27. One of my all-time favorite players and it sucks not being able to watch him (Link for his KHL games??). Would love to see him playing in Buffalo being centered by fellow Russian, Grigorenko. Does Nashville still own his rights? Not sure the kind of salary he would command, but he should come cheap, draft pick wise. Nashville was a recent trading partner with Buffalo. If his head is on right, I think he deserves a second chance. His talent is undeniable. Longshot, but they would at worst be "buying low". Low risk for Elite reward. Elite being, something they are short of at RW, atleast until Armia arrives next year. I believe they realize, that they are deficient at RW. Should make the race for Ryan and hopefully Perry, that much more interesting. #DDD_DontDoubtDarth #Welcome2BuffMrBobbyPerry

#NHL14
Has a 4 year contract, making 9.2 million a year in the KHL. So in 4 years from now if you are willing to pay him probably 10 mil+ a season, well maybe just maybe you will have a chance.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:28 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgothemo View Post

#NHL14
He is on a four year deal with CSKA and depending on taxes is probably the highest paid professional hockey player in the world. I don't think he is coming back and I don't think he wants to come back. To my knowledge nobody owns his rights but he would have to get his contract terminated to get a chance to leave the KHL. Where he would be a free agent and demand at least 7 million a season. I think we have seen the last of Radulov except at the Olympics and World Championships.

You can find KHL game streams, there are several places around the net firstrow or adthe. Not hard to come across, he looks pretty good over there saw several of CSKA's games to watch Datsyuk and root for the team Fedorov's the GM for.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

I want him on Toronto. He's an upgrade on MacArthur and I'm hoping the character issues resolve as time goes on.

01-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Radulov doesn't have "character issues". He has a deep love for his home country (and money), and is perfectly content being the best player in the KHL. He is the highest paid hockey player in the world and gets to dominate a league, which has to be fun, while he gets all the publicity, recognition, and, no doubt, women. I can't blame the guy. I love the US, and if the roles were flipped and I could get paid more money to be a star closer to my family and friends, I'm not sure I wouldn't make the same choice.

Wanting to play in the KHL over the NHL is not a character issue, it is just personal preference. I hate the way he walked out on us while he was under contract, but my issue is with him breaching his deal, not with him leaving. I actually wish him luck.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Why was this even reopened? The guy got an amazing contract in his home country. He is a superstar there. Good for him. He isn't coming back.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:55 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Well put. We have Russians who want to be here, and then we have clowns like this guy who give them all a bad name by bolting to the KHL because they only care about money and being #1.

Good riddance Radulov - and this is coming from a Red Wings fan. Sorry to see Nashville lose his talent, but they're better off without his attitude.
So if you were born in Canada and the best hockey was the KHL and you could make more PLAYING AT HOME IN CANADA OR MAKE LESS GOING TO RUSSIA. Would you go ? Maybe he does not like North America . A lot of other factor can make a player want to play in their own country .
Having said that he does seem to have a sense of entitlement . Hit his coach in the KHL . So i do not know . Like other fans we can only guess . Just wanted to put it other there that other reason could play a part

Last edited by supert: 01-18-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old
01-18-2013, 10:01 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Radulov doesn't have "character issues". He has a deep love for his home country (and money), and is perfectly content being the best player in the KHL. He is the highest paid hockey player in the world and gets to dominate a league, which has to be fun, while he gets all the publicity, recognition, and, no doubt, women. I can't blame the guy. I love the US, and if the roles were flipped and I could get paid more money to be a star closer to my family and friends, I'm not sure I wouldn't make the same choice.

Wanting to play in the KHL over the NHL is not a character issue, it is just personal preference. I hate the way he walked out on us while he was under contract, but my issue is with him breaching his deal, not with him leaving. I actually wish him luck.
Well said . If i was given the choice to be paid more and play at home , i would choose to play at home every day of the week

Old
01-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Dekar

Outside of speculation by fans on his whole KHL or NHL thing, I can't honestly say I've heard any issues with his attitude to warrant people calling his scum and a dooshbag. And don't bring up the playoff thing, that was such a non-issue and people somehow insist on making up garbage about him partying, Poile completely overreacted.

The fact that he ever left the KHL to come here only to get crapped on by some fans and the team makes me wonder why anyone is surprised he went back (coupled with the lockout, it was a no brainer, really). But I'm willing to bet if he got offered a contract by any NHL team, and paid least at least a 2nd liner (which he easily is), he'll be back in no time.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

We're done here for at least 3 years.

Closed Thread