HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Who Is Going To Beat This Team Four Times In One Series?

Old
06-18-2012, 03:00 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Stanley Cup Champs since the lockout

2006 Carolina - Missed playoffs in 2007
2007 Anaheim - Eliminated in 1st round in 2008
2008 Detroit - Eliminated in finals in 2009
2009 Pittsburgh - Eliminated in 2nd round in 2010
2010 Chicago - Eliminated in 1st round in 2011
2011 Boston - Eliminated in 1st round in 2012

Hopefully we can stop this trend

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 03:37 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post

I think we can simply by not making the same mistakes as all of the other teams.

Injuries and guys just getting old - organization not deep enough;
Cap problems in re-signing everyone - no cap problems here;
Too many players with all salary concentrated on them - DL doesn't roll that way.

We can repeat. The only problem we have that the above teams don't have is we often lose games because of our young players not being mature enough.

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:54 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post

Fatigue is the biggest enemy (they played 102 games this season), followed by any injuries. It's hard to win it once, much less repeat.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 03:10 PM
lumbergh

San Jose. So glad we did not face the Sharks. The Kings cannot seem to hold a lead against them.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
NY Rangers.
You mean the team that was beat by the team the Kings beat in 6 games to win the Cup?

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:58 PM
jml87

Obviously everyone according to the main board. The Kings apparently went on a 41 game hot streak and never faced a decent opponent on their way to a cup. They are so damn lucky

In seriousness, it takes a lot to repeat and while I think the Kings are damn good, injuries can always cause problems and players can have down years. Just have to see what happens but I'm happy now with this one Cup.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:37 AM
icesurfer
Rookie User

Not worried at all about the East. We made quick work of the Devils. And the Pens, Rangers, Flyers, Bruins, and Caps don't have the depth we do, nor the scoring power, nor the goaltending. Quick is the best goalie in the league bar none. With all the talk about Brodeur and Lundqvist these past few years.. I don't think either of them could hold a candle to Quick and the NHL's best goalie should once again reside in the Western Conference. Speaking of Brodeur, I don't even think he could have compared to Quick while he was in his prime. Brodeur never faced any tough shots on those teams.

This Kings team has the capacity to become a dynasty. I really don't think that's a stretch. Looking at teams that made consistent playoff runs over the past decade, the Devils and Red Wings come to mind but I think both were far less talented than this Kings team. We have youth, goaltending, defense, offense, coaching. It's really hard to find a weakness with this team.

Last edited by icesurfer: 06-22-2012 at 01:42 PM.
icesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:57 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I hate to say it, but Vancouver is going to make a few tweaks and be a very motivated team next year.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Mr Los Angeles

wouldnt really say we are unbeatable. never know when you are going to get hit with an injury (kopi in 2011) which can derail a team. st. louis is going to be good next year to and who knows about detroit if they can pick up suter

Mr Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I hate to say it, but Vancouver is going to make a few tweaks and be a very motivated team next year.
They should have been motivated when the Kings faced them.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
They should have been motivated when the Kings faced them.
They were.

That was the best they could do.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:20 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by icesurfer View Post
Not worried at all about the East. We made quick work of the Devils. And the Pens, Rangers, Flyers, Bruins, and Caps don't have the depth we do, nor the scoring power, nor the goaltending. Quick is the best goalie in the league bar none. With all the talk about Brodeur and Lundqvist these past few years.. I don't think either of them could hold a candle to Quick and the NHL's best goalie should once again reside in the Western Conference. Speaking of Brodeur, I don't even think he could have compared to Quick while he was in his prime. Brodeur never faced any tough shots on those teams.

This Kings team has the capacity to become a dynasty. I really don't think that's a stretch. Looking at teams that made consistent playoff runs over the past decade, the Devils and Red Wings come to mind but I think both were far less talented than this Kings team. We have youth, goaltending, defense, offense, coaching. It's really hard to find a weakness with this team.
marty has won the cup 3 times and played for it 5 times and is in the top 5 goalies of all time,barring injury quickie should get to elite level, but as of right now he has had just a couple of good years and one great playoff run,please do not post like this in only invites trolls.......PS I am a 38 year kings fan so don't go ballistic on me but to post quick is already better than marty in his prime is ......... just saying

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:57 PM
icesurfer
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
marty has won the cup 3 times and played for it 5 times and is in the top 5 goalies of all time,barring injury quickie should get to elite level, but as of right now he has had just a couple of good years and one great playoff run,please do not post like this in only invites trolls.......PS I am a 38 year kings fan so don't go ballistic on me but to post quick is already better than marty in his prime is ......... just saying
I hear you. I certainly dont mean to invite trolls. I guess after seeing alot of Devils / Rangers games in the 90's I always felt Richter was better and Marty was a product of his system. That plus i'm still giddy that the Kings won the Cup and feel excited about this team's chances to repeat a few times based on their current roster and coaching, just very stoked about this team.

icesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote