HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers qualify Del Zotto,Stralman and Zuccarello

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2012, 12:58 PM
  #76
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
all i care about is that NYR gets DZ locked up..zuccs i could careless about.Stralman is nice,but very very replaceable.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:34 PM
  #77
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Zuccarello got an extended look. Where was everyone when he played nearly half the season his first year here????
Yeah he did. He was 3rd on the team in points per minute during that time in 2010-2011. That is why he should have been playing all season.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:52 PM
  #78
egelband
Registered User
 
egelband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: north finchley
Country: United States
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
the handling of zuccarello was a mystery to me. i just don't understand why they didn't give him more of an opportunity. i have no right to question the rangers management - i'm sure they have reasons. but i don't really get it. i suppose it was his lack of defensive tenacity. but that can be taught, i'd imagine. any minute of ice time christiansen got would have been given to mats - if i had my druthers.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:58 PM
  #79
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
the handling of zuccarello was a mystery to me. i just don't understand why they didn't give him more of an opportunity. i have no right to question the rangers management - i'm sure they have reasons. but i don't really get it. i suppose it was his lack of defensive tenacity. but that can be taught, i'd imagine. any minute of ice time christiansen got would have been given to mats - if i had my druthers.
The Zucc situation may have been very, very different had he not broken his hand. If he played the remainder of the season and the playoffs, who knows where he'd be headed.

It's a shame, really.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:59 PM
  #80
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 18,726
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
really want stralman back. good depth player.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:31 PM
  #81
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Giacomin View Post
Maybe you didn't but most did. And there was some justification for the boos.

Why can't we develop from within? Keep getting improvement from young guys and plug them in as serviceable. WQith Girardi, Staal, McDonough alwyas getting major minutes, we need another for the second pair. The third pair will get 10 minutes a night. We shouldn't get crazy and overspend for a 10 minute defensemen. Save your money for someone who can skate and score.
Again, IF he would sign a REASONABLE one year deal... We can't go into the season expecting Erixon to be ready and counting on Bickel (although I like him). Stralman sounds like he may very well go back overseas. Erixon may not be ready... Bickel rarely plays over 10 min a game - 5 min in the playoffs. For arguments sake let's say Mcd, Girardi, Staal or DZ go down for any significant amount of time - who takes those minutes? We all know you can't just plug 6 guys in and expect them all to play 82 games + playoffs... it'll never happen. Rozy was booed in his previous stint - he was also making big $ and was expected to be a top pairing d-man. Bring him in to play the 3rd pair and he's very capable of playing top 4 minutes when someone inevitably goes down. He's also got experience, knows the area, and is playoff tested. He can actually step on the ice when those long OT games come up. If you don't like him, then that's fine but this team absolutely needs a veteran d-man to help out. Best case scenario and every young guy plays awesome, and doesn't get hurt then awesome - trade him at the deadline to a playoff team for a mid-round pick.

Girardi-Mcd
Staal-DZ
Stralman-Rozy or other vet (even more important if Stral doesn't return)
Bickel

Erixon is first call-up or if he is ready can easily come into the 3rd pair and let one of the vets sit, and Bickel doubles as a 13th/14th forward.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:49 PM
  #82
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
sorry if this has been answered, but what happens do they all have to accept the qo's? or can they deny it and go to arbitration?

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 07:07 PM
  #83
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Screw You Rick Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,258
vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
sorry if this has been answered, but what happens do they all have to accept the qo's? or can they deny it and go to arbitration?
No, it's just to keep their negotiation rights. If they don't qualify the players, the players would be able to talk to other teams without the other team worrying about having to give us draft picks in return if they sign with them.

__________________
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<
-]>++++++.>+.+++++++++++++++.>+++++++++.<-.
>-------.<<-----.>----.>.<<+++++++++++.>-------------
-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 09:17 PM
  #84
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
really want stralman back. good depth player.
Yes. I also thought he helped out the power play. 5/6 guy. May put him as the 4th defenseman.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 09:40 PM
  #85
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
Yeah he did. He was 3rd on the team in points per minute during that time in 2010-2011. That is why he should have been playing all season.
The "points per game" stat is always a humorous one.

You know the next question I ask when I see a stat like that?.....DOes he deserve more minutes???

And the answer with Zuccarello is.....try the KHL

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 09:59 PM
  #86
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
Yeah he did. He was 3rd on the team in points per minute during that time in 2010-2011. That is why he should have been playing all season.
He scored a lot of points in bunches. Like a lot of guys Tortarella says no to, if you can't consistently at least not play badly, you're not going to last here. There's a reason a guy like Dubinsky never sits even when he has the season he does, but a guy like Zuccarello gets shown the door unless he's putting up a lot of offense on a consistent basis.

He just didn't fit into the scheme of things here. Not sure why everyone gets so bent out of shape about it. If Zuccarello really had something special that the Rangers were missing, why hasn't another team traded for his rights and told him he has a legitimate shot at making their roster? It's not as if the Rangers are hellbent on him not playing in the NHL to the point where they wouldn't take something for him. He got a good look; not just in games, he spent a lot of time with the big club and it's not as if the coaches don't get to know a player through practice, too.

And he played with the Whale on and off for two years, who clearly have a way about doing things that has cranked out talent.

And it didn't cost us anything except some cash to bring him in, so at the end of the day it's not an asset loss.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 09:59 PM
  #87
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,802
vCash: 500
Very few Rangers played better in the playoffs than they did in the regular season. Stralman was one of them. It's not surprising the organization wants him back.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:00 PM
  #88
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
the handling of zuccarello was a mystery to me. i just don't understand why they didn't give him more of an opportunity. i have no right to question the rangers management - i'm sure they have reasons. but i don't really get it. i suppose it was his lack of defensive tenacity. but that can be taught, i'd imagine. any minute of ice time christiansen got would have been given to mats - if i had my druthers.
You can teach smart defensive play to a point, you CAN'T teach a player tenacity or hustle or passion.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:11 PM
  #89
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
You can teach smart defensive play to a point, you CAN'T teach a player tenacity or hustle or passion.
He lacked size/strength to properly play the Rangers system. I you can't play the system like that, then you better pot 40 goals like Gabby or buh-bye.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 05:30 AM
  #90
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
happy Stralman got qualified. The guys is 26 and deserves another contract. He would be a good 6/7 option on D. Staal, Girardi, McD, DZ, Erixon, Stralman, vet UFA or Schultz

Zuke makes sense since they may be able to move his rights at the draft. I am hoping to see him dealt for a pick and then he stays in the NHL

what about these AHLers?
G Talbot, Cameron sure he will be
D Baldwin, Lee no clue
F Wellman, Casey sure he will be has a shot at making it on the Rangers 4th line or extra F
D Valentenko, Pavel signed overseas so may aswell just drop him now
F Bouchard, F.
F Thuresson, A. signed overseas so same deal as Vtank I imagine
D Klassen, Sam no clue
F Chappell, Chris no clue
So what about JAM. It would be crazy not signing him to an ELC.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 05:35 AM
  #91
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
errrr he signed in the KHL and said by to Ranger fans on twitter,lol........if anything they deal the rights at the draft then he signs with another team
He has to play one season for Magnitogorsk. The NHL out clause is valid for season two in his contract.
No Zuke in NA this year,if I`m got this thing right.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:51 AM
  #92
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
He has to play one season for Magnitogorsk. The NHL out clause is valid for season two in his contract.
No Zuke in NA this year,if I`m got this thing right.
i read it differently. i read it as 1 year that he has to play and the second year is optional(ie he can go to another KHL team or SEL or w/e) BUT he has the nhl out clause for both years. (as i read it.. you might be right though)

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:23 PM
  #93
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
So what about JAM. It would be crazy not signing him to an ELC.
He's a free agent--he can choose to sign with any team. He may decide to move on and take his chances in another organization.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:13 AM
  #94
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
He's a free agent--he can choose to sign with any team. He may decide to move on and take his chances in another organization.
I know that. But The Rangers should at least try to sign him IMO.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:14 AM
  #95
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
i read it differently. i read it as 1 year that he has to play and the second year is optional(ie he can go to another KHL team or SEL or w/e) BUT he has the nhl out clause for both years. (as i read it.. you might be right though)
Lets hope you have the right version then. And that The Rangers trade his rights to another organisation.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:25 AM
  #96
Ilovemymum
recreational MD
 
Ilovemymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 833
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Lets hope you have the right version then. And that The Rangers trade his rights to another organisation.
http://www.vg.no/sport/ishockey/arti...artid=10058283

Seems like he's gone either way. He wants to play in the KHL and for Metallurg next season regardless. They reiterate that he has an NHL out clause after year 1, and that must mean that he can't leave before that..othewise I guess they would have skipped the part about after year 1, and just called it an out clause.

Not sure Rangers played their cards all to well when it comes to Zuke, even if they didn't want to keep him? The could have gotten something in return at least. He was a fix before the play offs, good enough for the team if it started tomorrow Torts said, just before the injury. A top NHL team. Then suddenly he's not good enough and he's receiving a 2 way deal, understandably he's pissed and goes to Russia. If they had just convinced him that he would be included in a trade shortly at that point, instead of telling him that two ways is what you get here, things might look different? Surely some other team would be interested in a guy that was projected an important role at PP for NYR in the play offs (but stopped by injury), a top two team, for a trade pick? Don't see him returning to the NHL untill he's an UFA now, if ever. KHL is not gonna help his NHL career, or leverage his trade value, pretty sure about that.


Last edited by Ilovemymum: 06-19-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:17 PM
  #97
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
I know that. But The Rangers should at least try to sign him IMO.
I would assume they are trying to sign JAM, but they are not the ones in control at this point. And given the "luck" smaller players have had staying in the Rangers lineup, I'm not sure the organization is in a strong position on this one.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 01:23 AM
  #98
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post
http://www.vg.no/sport/ishockey/arti...artid=10058283

Seems like he's gone either way. He wants to play in the KHL and for Metallurg next season regardless. They reiterate that he has an NHL out clause after year 1, and that must mean that he can't leave before that..othewise I guess they would have skipped the part about after year 1, and just called it an out clause.

Not sure Rangers played their cards all to well when it comes to Zuke, even if they didn't want to keep him? The could have gotten something in return at least. He was a fix before the play offs, good enough for the team if it started tomorrow Torts said, just before the injury. A top NHL team. Then suddenly he's not good enough and he's receiving a 2 way deal, understandably he's pissed and goes to Russia. If they had just convinced him that he would be included in a trade shortly at that point, instead of telling him that two ways is what you get here, things might look different? Surely some other team would be interested in a guy that was projected an important role at PP for NYR in the play offs (but stopped by injury), a top two team, for a trade pick? Don't see him returning to the NHL untill he's an UFA now, if ever. KHL is not gonna help his NHL career, or leverage his trade value, pretty sure about that.
I already said it, if there was a strong market or any market at all for Zuccarello's services it's not as if the Rangers are so driven on not having him play on another NHL team that they'd just let him head overseas before they got anything for him. If they were able to get anything at all in return for him, it would be good asset management, considering we signed him as a FA.

And let's say Zucc's value was hurt by the fact other teams were worried he'd bolt for the KHL or another league. Who's fault is that?

And RE: the Torst comments, top team or not, our offense wasn't exactly high octane. It was a desperate situation. You're ready into Torts comments far too much. If the Rangers liked him that much or saw something in him worth keeping (not sure what everyone that's up in arms saw...he was inconsistent and showed some flashes over two seasons. Couldn't put it together. NEXT), they would've kept him. Period.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:04 AM
  #99
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,999
vCash: 500
So me getting a zuke tee shirt in NYC last week was a Dumb move then...

Oh well...it looked good..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:19 AM
  #100
Ilovemymum
recreational MD
 
Ilovemymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 833
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I already said it, if there was a strong market or any market at all for Zuccarello's services it's not as if the Rangers are so driven on not having him play on another NHL team that they'd just let him head overseas before they got anything for him. If they were able to get anything at all in return for him, it would be good asset management, considering we signed him as a FA.

And let's say Zucc's value was hurt by the fact other teams were worried he'd bolt for the KHL or another league. Who's fault is that?


And RE: the Torst comments, top team or not, our offense wasn't exactly high octane. It was a desperate situation. You're ready into Torts comments far too much. If the Rangers liked him that much or saw something in him worth keeping (not sure what everyone that's up in arms saw...he was inconsistent and showed some flashes over two seasons. Couldn't put it together. NEXT), they would've kept him. Period.
He's stated a million times he wanted to play in the NHL. I assume the reason why he went from being the option IF he left the NHL to leaving was that Rangers told him they would give him a QO two ways. Not sure, but isn't a novelty in the NHL for anybody to claim players with a QO? That pretty much locked him to the Rangers if I understand it right, and why he took off. I guess I'm biased as a Zuke fan, but cannot understand that no other team would want him for a late draft pick. But then they should have done it before telling him to piss off, more or less. But if the rest of the NHL don't see him having any value at all, I guess you're right. Not much else to do than what they did.

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.