HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JJ Daigneault hired as defenseman coach?

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2012, 08:37 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

vCash: 500
While I like Dany Dubé a lot, I find it weird that 2 days ago, Therien said on interview that he hadn't started the interviewing process for defensemen coach yet. And 48h later, we have a winner? I guess Daigneault has been interviewed, but I doubt a final decision has already been taken.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
While I like Dany Dubé a lot, I find it weird that 2 days ago, Therien said on interview that he hadn't started the interviewing process for defensemen coach yet. And 48h later, we have a winner? I guess Daigneault has been interviewed, but I doubt a final decision has already been taken.
Well, sometimes an organization will say things that will not always be the truth. And then, people have been on educated guesses all this time and have mostly been write. CLEARLY, Daigneault might be the easiest of educated guesses, so I would also have no problem saying that "I'm an insider, and I have seen JJ Daigneault buy a house in Brossard just last night".... Which is not true obviously, but just saying....based on EVERYTHING we know, have seen and all, Daigneault happens to be amongst a top 3 candidate. You could still mention Robinson is not out of it. And like someboyd said, you could even throw out name of Nesreddine who does know Therrien very much.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

And I told you so weeks ago. Am I good or what?

Seriously good hire. I thought he was a good choice because he was a former Habs D, he was coaching in a decent league at present time and I always thought JJ had a good head on his shoulders.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
A lot of the hires have been leaked/predicted correctly recently before being confirmed. It makes me believe that the Habs aren't that strict with this regime in terms of keeping this info from media members.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
A lot of the hires have been leaked/predicted correctly recently before being confirmed. It makes me believe that the Habs aren't that strict with this regime in terms of keeping this info from media members.
The more you have in the front office, the harder it is to keep tight lipped. Although the previous regime was indeed exceptionally tight-lipped.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:38 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Because if it was the case, it could signify that language was made a priority over quality, which is a ******** way to do things in the hockey world.
Calgary hired 3 french canadians in their coaching staff. I understand your point, but wanting some francos in the organization doesn't mean we let aside good candidates. Why can't we have competent french canadians too?

What about TB, 3 of their coaches are from Québec too, are they discriminating the anglos by doing that? Or did they just hire the best candidates possible?

You have to understand that a lot relies on the relation you have with your assistants when it comes to coaching. If they can't smell eachother and can't even discuss problems calmly, can't see how the team will have a sane ambience around it.

And to end it, if a guy like Babcock would have been free, franco or not, he would be the Habs top candidate for the coaching job.

This team has been a winner previously, and there have always been an important french canadian contingent implicated, both in the offices and on the ice. That's how we do it here. And being a habs fan, I'm sure you understand it.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:44 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
It's kind of like the Habs have suddenly turned into the Quebec Nordiques.

And why is language always a true concern ?

Je suis un Quebecois pure laine, and all i want is a winning team.
Look at the number of french canadians the Nords had when they left, and then come back at me.

The language is a true concern because the Habs are not simply a hockey team, they are truly an institution here.

Yes winning is and should be priorised, but having a franco content doesn't prevent that. Saying that would be silly. There are a ton of competent franco hockey people, just look around the league you'll be surprised.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:17 AM
TomPlex

Rick Moffat said this morning that the Habs are expected to announce his hiring today.

Old
06-18-2012, 08:47 AM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Look at the number of french canadians the Nords had when they left, and then come back at me.

The language is a true concern because the Habs are not simply a hockey team, they are truly an institution here.

Yes winning is and should be priorised, but having a franco content doesn't prevent that. Saying that would be silly. There are a ton of competent franco hockey people, just look around the league you'll be surprised.
I think the language the new coaching team speaks is very important for the primary goal of MB and Geoff Molson, imho. He wants to attract French Canadian UFAs, and be more attractive for good French players, for future signings. For how many years are they trying to get the Lecavalier, Brière of this league ?

I'm not saying they should still try to get Vinny or Danny to sign with the Habs, but those guys refusing to deal with the Habs in the past is clearly an identified weakness that the current management is trying to fix. We all know that local players have always been part of the Habs success, now with a French speaking staff, that will be able to share the media pressure with the players, it will undoubtedly become a lot more attractive for French Canadians to play here. DD won't have to be the one who answers questions everydays. You can designate a coach to deal with that and let players practice, train, and play hockey like they do elsewhere.

Old
06-18-2012, 08:59 AM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Rick Moffat said this morning that the Habs are expected to announce his hiring today.

Quote:
Rick Moffat ‏@RickMoffat
JJ Daigneault denies he's had any contact with Habs about coaching vacancy. More coming to http://www.cjad.com shortly.
*Head exploding*

Old
06-18-2012, 10:20 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Awh..knew I got too excited

Old
06-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Now, let's hope the moves to improve the on-ice product will be as bold, efficient and promising.
And this....is the thing a hockey fan would care about.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:21 AM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJeeves View Post
*Head exploding*
Cue Robinson rumours part deux.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post

Institution, yes. And if they get the balance between making the fefans happy and actually winning hockey games, great.

The day they balance is too much on language than hockey, that is the day where the team becomes a joke.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:26 AM

always makes me laugh to see how simple moves like a coach filling out his coaching staff, has taken such huge importantce these days.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Little Black
@LittleBlack87

I'd prefer Big Bird a lot more than J.J. as defensemen coach...

Old
06-18-2012, 10:33 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Black View Post

Please explain me WHY Robinson would leave a job as ASSISTANT coach in NJ, for the SAME position in Montreal ?

Old
06-18-2012, 10:48 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Black View Post

Give it up, it won't happen.

He's in a fantastic position right now.

JJ Daigneault is our next best option imho.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
http://www.cjad.com/Blog/HabsNews/bl...tryID=10395620

Sorry, boys. Fresh from J.J. himself. No talks or even permission to talk.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Closed Thread