HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2013 Q contenders.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:14 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
CHSB: Is school out at École Place-des-Jeunes yet or do the grade 7 and 8s stay an extra week..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:24 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
CHSB: Is school out at École Place-des-Jeunes yet or do the grade 7 and 8s stay an extra week..
I think it's an extra 2 weeks actually !

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:34 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Halifax is the clear first, especially if Eichel reports.

IMO, Québec is 2nd and BLB is 3rd.

Then Rimouski.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:35 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
How is Quebec higher ? Who's their D ? Who says Grigs will be back ?

Halifax has a shaky D....

Gatineau, well they have no goalie.... But I think the have a pretty good roster, minus goalies...

I was reading that BLB have a complete team, so I ranked them higher....

And Sorensen will have not played a Q game in almost a year...
Halifax's D is not bad, especially if the big German Alberthauser comes back (which is rumored to happen).

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 08:22 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Halifax's D is not bad, especially if the big German Alberthauser comes back (which is rumored to happen).
Pretty certain San Jose has confirmed Konrad will be back with Halifax this season..

Old
06-17-2012, 10:49 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Halifax is the clear first, especially if Eichel reports.

IMO, Québec is 2nd and BLB is 3rd.

Then Rimouski.
Rimouski isn't 4... Their too young..

Halifax/BLB are 1 Quebec lacks depth...

Old
06-18-2012, 06:32 AM
ClemQ

Anyone consider Baie Comeau? I believe they have confirmed that Gelinas, Carrier and Lamarche will be their 20yrs olds, and they have 18 players returning. Just a thought. They also just drafted 3 first round picks and have 3 more next year. Seems like they have lots of assets to trade and/or make moves compared to everyone else mentioned on this thread. Although Bathurst has 2 - 1st round picks, one of which will be very high (shawinigan's pick). Blainville, i believe have Saint john's pick wich should be a high pick also. Moncton has no 1st round pick next year, other than the euro pick. I just dont see Moncton being a top 4 club, especially not after the xmas trading period. If they do go for it, they will suffer for 5-6 years afterwards. They are slim on "quality" assets as it is, i can't see them moving what they do have.

I think if Baie Comeau have a good start, they have assets to make significant moves that wont affect them all that much going forward. And, they start the year with at least 2 excellent 20yr olds.

Also - someone noted that moncton's run in 2010 was the hardest road in a long time - that they must of been spent by the time they got to the MEM cup. Does anyone think it was easier in the OHL or WHL?!?!!? Only a moncton fan would post something so ridiculous. all those teams at that point have played over 100 games in 9 months and they are all tired. It's a 3 game tournament, you need luck, key performances at the right time and great goaltending!

just a thought............

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:37 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
Anyone consider Baie Comeau? I believe they have confirmed that Gelinas, Carrier and Lamarche will be their 20yrs olds, and they have 18 players returning. Just a thought. They also just drafted 3 first round picks and have 3 more next year. Seems like they have lots of assets to trade and/or make moves compared to everyone else mentioned on this thread. Although Bathurst has 2 - 1st round picks, one of which will be very high (shawinigan's pick). Blainville, i believe have Saint john's pick wich should be a high pick also. Moncton has no 1st round pick next year, other than the euro pick. I just dont see Moncton being a top 4 club, especially not after the xmas trading period. If they do go for it, they will suffer for 5-6 years afterwards. They are slim on "quality" assets as it is, i can't see them moving what they do have.

I think if Baie Comeau have a good start, they have assets to make significant moves that wont affect them all that much going forward. And, they start the year with at least 2 excellent 20yr olds.

Also - someone noted that moncton's run in 2010 was the hardest road in a long time - that they must of been spent by the time they got to the MEM cup. Does anyone think it was easier in the OHL or WHL?!?!!? Only a moncton fan would post something so ridiculous. all those teams at that point have played over 100 games in 9 months and they are all tired. It's a 3 game tournament, you need luck, key performances at the right time and great goaltending!

just a thought............
At least Moncton has been there. Must be frustrating as a Bathurst fan..

Old
06-18-2012, 09:07 AM
chsb

Quote:
At least Moncton has been there. Must be frustrating as a Bathurst fan..
As written in the quoted post, BC is a clear neglected quantity in all predictions above including mine, but he also mentions that Bathurst has assets to trade that Moncton do not have.
Assets become an important aspect in looking at potential contenders.
Also Bathurst has a surplus of left wingers who could interest quite a few teams:
Matthew Bissonnette
Rafael Lafontaine
Etienne Salvail
William Cochrane
Michael Lyle
Carl Marois
Alex Gallant
Ludovic Kabambi
Nicholas Blanchard

One of Lyle or Marois could be swung over at Christmas for a very good asset if coming together with a high pick as Alex Gallant and Blanchard are waiting in the wing.
Kabambi does not have any future in Bathurst IMO.

So don't feel bad for Titan fans please

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:21 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
As written in the quoted post, BC is a clear neglected quantity in all predictions above including mine, but he also mentions that Bathurst has assets to trade that Moncton do not have.
Assets become an important aspect in looking at potential contenders.
Also Bathurst has a surplus of left wingers who could interest quite a few teams:
Matthew Bissonnette
Rafael Lafontaine
Etienne Salvail
William Cochrane
Michael Lyle
Carl Marois
Alex Gallant
Ludovic Kabambi
Nicholas Blanchard

One of Lyle or Marois could be swung over at Christmas for a very good asset if coming together with a high pick as Alex Gallant and Blanchard are waiting in the wing.
Kabambi does not have any future in Bathurst IMO.

So don't feel bad for Titan fans please

for some reason...a couple people on here think were the same person. but were not. i'm not a titan fan, nor a fan of any team. just a fan of hockey. i agree with the titan have more "quality" assets then moncton.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:05 AM
chsb

He is just being rational....

Moncton do not have the depth nor the ammunitions to load up....many teams are better equipped....including Bathurst.

To simply think that another poster being in the same opinion as I am is part of a conspiracy theory is childish.

Nobody has to win this argument before even the season starts.

All I was saying all along is that the Titan will be part of the equation about this topic next season.

Last edited by Majik1987: 06-18-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: qdp and response
chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:52 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
He is just being rational....

Moncton do not have the depth nor the ammunitions to load up....many teams are better equipped....including Bathurst.

To simply think that another poster being in the same opinion as I am is part of a conspiracy theory is childish.

Nobody has to win this argument before even the season starts.

All I was saying all along is that the Titan will be part of the equation about this topic next season.

i agree that the titans will be part of the equation. they have the assets to fix deficiencies that they could have in nets and/or on defense. There 1st line will one of the most dominant lines in recent memory. We should see some crazy stats next year in the Q, with the bathurst trio and the Halifax mooseheads.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:24 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Baie Comeau aren't good enough, they can't afford to have one good year and 5 bad of they want to keep their team, they need some consistent success, and they are more of a 2014 team if anything, and they look like they are in solid shape for 2015 aswell..

Old
06-18-2012, 01:48 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Baie Comeau aren't good enough, they can't afford to have one good year and 5 bad of they want to keep their team, they need some consistent success, and they are more of a 2014 team if anything, and they look like they are in solid shape for 2015 aswell..

No argument on that statement from me. i still think they could surprise this year, but i completely agree when you look at all the assets, it defenitly seems more likely in 14 or 15

Old
06-18-2012, 01:52 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
No argument on that statement from me. i still think they could surprise this year, but i completely agree when you look at all the assets, it defenitly seems more likely in 14 or 15
I dont think they will be bad by any means. Probably a midpack team next season but I believe they will be a force to reckon with for a couple years to come..

Old
06-18-2012, 04:18 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I dont think they will be bad by any means. Probably a midpack team next season but I believe they will be a force to reckon with for a couple years to come..
Espicially with Velilleux as coach, they remind me of a young 2010 Seadogs lite...

Old
06-19-2012, 10:26 AM
CH4

Quote:
Espicially with Velilleux as coach, they remind me of a young 2010 Seadogs lite...

hell no.

their top players will all be 19 or 20; only their goalie and we don't know how he'll response is a proven young star. And you never know ewith small goalies when they get read they start to suck. See Robin Gusse for example.

BC's window is rapidly closing they must make a pitch next year. Gamelin is a bust.

The way they're built it looks like they'll be competitive for many years but never contenders. They have a ******** of first pick available to trade and go for it.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:06 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post

hell no.

their top players will all be 19 or 20; only their goalie and we don't know how he'll response is a proven young star. And you never know ewith small goalies when they get read they start to suck. See Robin Gusse for example.

BC's window is rapidly closing they must make a pitch next year. Gamelin is a bust.

The way they're built it looks like they'll be competitive for many years but never contenders. They have a ******** of first pick available to trade and go for it.
Were seeing things much much differently....

Old
06-19-2012, 12:17 PM
CH4

Quote:
Were seeing things much much differently....
I see them in about the same situation as chicoutimi last year, good young 16 yo, good 19-20, good goalie.

lacks depht and high end talent.

they have tons of draft picks.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:27 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
I see them in about the same situation as chicoutimi last year, good young 16 yo, good 19-20, good goalie.

lacks depht and high end talent.

they have tons of draft picks.
They have highend guys now, SJ2010 had, and they have the young talent... They both lacked depth and key elements..

BAC can't make a go this year, I think depending on thier 16yo's they could make things interesting next year.... But are likely a 2015 team...

Old
06-19-2012, 11:52 PM
RJQuack

Courtesy of MacKinnon they have plenty of assets to deal if they'd like to go contend, but it would better suited to wait and contend in '14 on IMO

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:43 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Courtesy of MacKinnon they have plenty of assets to deal if they'd like to go contend, but it would better suited to wait and contend in '14 on IMO

courtesy of MacKinnon?? they basically got Gelinas and two picks. Those two picks won't be top 10 picks unless a miracle happens. While Gelinas is good, he's not great, evidenced by the fact he'll be playing in the Q at 20.

BC has had 8 - 1st round picks from 2011-2013, two of those are from MacKinnon. They have slowly been building assets which will hopefully allow them to be competitive every year, and every 3-4 yrs be competitive enough for a championship (Moncton, Quebec, Rimouski Model).

Looking at BC roster more closely, i agree with someone's earlier post that they have great 16, 17yr olds and good 20yrs. Looking at the picks they have coming in future years, i believe its a correct statement to say that they wont be going for it this year. You need good 19's and 20's to win, and in 2 years they will be there. They will probably have 8-10 first round picks playing in their line up

Old
06-20-2012, 01:22 PM
RJQuack

Are we looking at different trades here? Gelinas, Turbide and 3 1st round picks. Gelinas is good, Turbide is a good energy player for the 4th line, and 3 1sts will be anywhere from 13-18...

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:31 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

To Baie-Comeau:

Gélinas, Carl (1992-02-06)
Turbide, Francis (1993-01-19)
Rd_1, 2012
Rd_1, 2013
Rd_1, 2013 (Que)

To Halifax: