HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Bobby Ryan is "Available")

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Just because we paid a second for Cogs doesn't mean that is what he's worth.
True but i do think he holds some value and I'm of the mind that Columbus wouldn't mind having him as PART of the package going the other way. Maybe Cogs, 6th overall, 2nd rounder and a 4th for 2nd overall and a 5th.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
True but i do think he holds some value and I'm of the mind that Columbus wouldn't mind having him as PART of the package going the other way. Maybe Cogs, 6th overall, 2nd rounder and a 4th for 2nd overall and a 5th.
Depends on how they see the talent in that range. They may be willing to trade further back if someone much better than that is on the table. We have to put up something genuinely enticing, maybe our 2nd+Cogs+trade-up is good enough, but I have my doubts. I don't doubt that Burke is desperate enough to top that with a better roster player.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:28 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 50
Some Slovakian blogger thinks that Selšnne continues his career http://hokej.sme.sk/c/6421717/selann...iu-sezonu.html

Translation in English by Google Translate:
"ANAHEIM. Finnish ice hockey forward Teemu Selanne can still be extended by one year career. According to several overseas media has started 41-year old star of the preparation for the new season 2012/2013 and the coming days, after meeting with Ducks management could agree on a new contract.

Selanne but its definitely a more informed decision. When considering taking into account the views of his family, after the rest of the season said he would try another year.

Selanne is the most productive Finns in NHL history. In Winnipeg, Anaheim, San Jose and Colorado played together 1341 meeting, which racked up 1406 points (663 +743).

In last season won the scoring Ducks, having gained 62 points. On average, each year the meeting took place 18 minutes."

I wonder if it's true that he met with the management recently.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

The same story was also in Latvian media few days ago. The page it was on, is one of the biggest media in Latvia, but i still can`t figure it out how that could be trustable source if no word is neither in Finnish, nor California media.

Old
06-18-2012, 08:11 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Dunno if he signs a contract until there's a new CBA. He probably retires if there's a long lockout.

Old
06-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Dunno if he signs a contract until there's a new CBA. He probably retires if there's a long lockout.
There hasn't been a lot of chest-thumping this time around about a lockout. Certainly nothing like the frenzy at the end of the '04 season. But I haven't kept up with the news at all. Is a lockout considered a strong possibility?

Old
06-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Emerald Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
There hasn't been a lot of chest-thumping this time around about a lockout. Certainly nothing like the frenzy at the end of the '04 season. But I haven't kept up with the news at all. Is a lockout considered a strong possibility?
The big wild card IMO is the new head of the NHLPA, Donald Fehr. We don't know if Fehr and the players are on the same page yet, and what that page might represent. It is believed that the owners have some financial issues they want to tweak regarding revenue sharing percentage and salary cap/floor calculations (major issues), realignment/expansion (negotiating chips), and other loopholes in the current CBA like front loaded contracts, etc. and the players want to change the salary escrow system (major issue for them), as well as push back against any changes in the revenue sharing/salary cap (the typical negotiation between management and labor over wages).

Who knows for sure where the flexible points exist to prevent this negotiation from blowing up ? Both sides seem to think a lockout would be catastrophic, but we'll see. I don't expect the initial meetings to be slam dunks, but maybe cooler heads will prevail as they reach deadlines that might impact regular season games.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Eddie Shack
The doctor is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Some Slovakian blogger thinks that Selšnne continues his career http://hokej.sme.sk/c/6421717/selann...iu-sezonu.html

Translation in English by Google Translate:
"ANAHEIM. Finnish ice hockey forward Teemu Selanne can still be extended by one year career. According to several overseas media has started 41-year old star of the preparation for the new season 2012/2013 and the coming days, after meeting with Ducks management could agree on a new contract.

Selanne but its definitely a more informed decision. When considering taking into account the views of his family, after the rest of the season said he would try another year.

Selanne is the most productive Finns in NHL history. In Winnipeg, Anaheim, San Jose and Colorado played together 1341 meeting, which racked up 1406 points (663 +743).

In last season won the scoring Ducks, having gained 62 points. On average, each year the meeting took place 18 minutes."

I wonder if it's true that he met with the management recently.
At the select a seat, Bob said Teemu was coming in to talk with him on the following Monday, did he not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Duck View Post
The big wild card IMO is the new head of the NHLPA, Donald Fehr. We don't know if Fehr and the players are on the same page yet, and what that page might represent. It is believed that the owners have some financial issues they want to tweak regarding revenue sharing percentage and salary cap/floor calculations (major issues), realignment/expansion (negotiating chips), and other loopholes in the current CBA like front loaded contracts, etc. and the players want to change the salary escrow system (major issue for them), as well as push back against any changes in the revenue sharing/salary cap (the typical negotiation between management and labor over wages).

Who knows for sure where the flexible points exist to prevent this negotiation from blowing up ? Both sides seem to think a lockout would be catastrophic, but we'll see. I don't expect the initial meetings to be slam dunks, but maybe cooler heads will prevail as they reach deadlines that might impact regular season games.
I think what you call a tweak, Fehr would call a major give back. He is notorious for not ever giving back. That could be a huge sticking point and a cause for lockout.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:22 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

I'm a bit confused, if no new CBA is agreed by deadline, doesn't the previous one get grandfathered in so it doesn't stop a work stoppage or something along those lines?

Old
06-18-2012, 12:45 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
At the select a seat, Bob said Teemu was coming in to talk with him on the following Monday, did he not?
I don't know. It could be just them talking about Murray's plans about the team for next season. But Selšnne has showed interest in playing another season so it's if they are talking, it's good.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I think he said he would make his decision until july 1, but your argument seems realistic.

Old
06-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

Murray on NHL Live today at 3:45 pacific

Old
06-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Can someone give a summary of what he says for those of us stuck at work?

Old
06-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

I should be able to watch it

Old
06-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Eddie Shack
The doctor is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
link?

Old
06-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

Ducks twitter retweeted it

Old
06-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Eddie Shack
The doctor is in!

I'm looking for an online link to watch it. I'm guessing there isn't any?

Old
06-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

I think it's on NHL network. Not sure if they stream it live anymore.

Last edited by Gibson Les Palms: 06-18-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old
06-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I'm a bit confused, if no new CBA is agreed by deadline, doesn't the previous one get grandfathered in so it doesn't stop a work stoppage or something along those lines?
That's only the case if it is specifically written into the last CBA (I don't think it is but I dont actually know). Otherwise the league just follows standard labor laws, which is why a lockout always gets imposed. Things like the salary cap, reserve lists, roster limits etc are illegal unless there is a CBA where the player's union has agreed to suspend those rights. Lawsuit city otherwise.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Eddie Shack
The doctor is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Quote:
1.5 Duration of the CBA
When does the CBA expire?
- From Section 3.1 of the CBA:
-- 6/21/10: NHLPA votes to extend CBA to 9/15/12.
-- The agreement runs until September 15, 2011, after which it will automatically extend year-to-year unless either the NHL or NHLPA elect to cancel.
If either side chooses to cancel the CBA, notice must be given at least 120 days before the Sep 15th auto-renewal date [May 18th].
- The NHLPA has two special options that supersede the above agreement terms:
-- The NHLPA had the option to terminate the CBA on Sep 15th, 2009 with 120 days notice. This option was not exercised.
-- The NHLPA has the option to extend the CBA an additional year till Sep 15th, 2012 with 120 days notice prior to Sep 15, 2011. Option exercised.

The league gave notice to cancel. http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-to-NHLPA.html

Old
06-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Thank you sir for being motivated enough to look that up.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Eddie Shack
The doctor is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Thank you sir for being motivated enough to look that up.
I was orginally as unmotivated as you. But, sometimes I have too much time on my hands. This was apparently one of them.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:57 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Cheers Shack

Old
06-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
I'm pretty disappointed that Jackman re-upped with St. Louis. His *******ry could have been used here.

Old
06-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

Nothing revolutionary here at all from Murray on NHL live:

Doesn’t know about Selanne yet
Wanted to get faster but got smaller. Will attempt to fix over next few months.
Pissed about Schultz
Hasn’t done much yet with Getz and Perry’s contracts. Did talk to Perry’s agent though.

They didn't ask him about the draft, trades etc.

Closed Thread