HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Glass half-empty, according to Gary Lawless.

Old
06-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
I was thinking of Bogo as well, but I've always prefered blonds
At this point, I am just waiting to see what our new 3rd looks like.

I think I will get a Brogosian 3rd and a Wheeler away.

06-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
At this point, I am just waiting to see what our new 3rd looks like.

I think I will get a Brogosian 3rd and a Wheeler away.
If I had the money, I would definately get a few Bro edition jerseys. But for this year at least, one is all this Schmuck can afford.

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
If I had the money, I would definately get a few Bro edition jerseys. But for this year at least, one is all this Schmuck can afford.
I know man. I think I will go authentic for the 3rd and just get a pro edge or whatever for the away. I have waited a long time to get a Jets jersey so I think I can splurge a bit

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I know man. I think I will go authentic for the 3rd and just get a pro edge or whatever for the away. I have waited a long time to get a Jets jersey so I think I can splurge a bit
Isn't it great to have these kinds of "issues" in our lives again?

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Isn't it great to have these kinds of "issues" in our lives again?
here, here! I was a bit burnt out after the season to be honest, and with the Jets not making the playoffs I found it hard to visit here. But now, off season has started I am getting excited again for the draft, free agency, and even this CBA negotiation (albeit nervously so). Its so nice to have a horse in the race

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 03:20 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Hey pal... There is (was) only one Brogosian
I think I'm going to change my name to Brogosian, just to mess with you.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 04:03 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I think I'm going to change my name to Brogosian, just to mess with you.
go forth!

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

vCash: 1000
Don't get me wrong, I love Tootoo. I'm just not sure I wanna bring someone with his demons into the organization.

As for Glass, I think they'll get it done. Even if he goes to UFA he's (as has been said repeatedly) a dime a dozen sorta player, the upside in salary for him isn't huge since there are so many pieces available to fill the role.

Oh, and props to Lawless for writing coherently (I generally can't stand his writing or some of the contorsions he takes to come up with "controversial" positions to write from), maybe he can give Gordon Sinclair some writing tips (now there is someone who needs to take high school english over again).

Wonko the Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:55 AM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Having both Tootoo and Glass would be good IMO (if the demons have truly been put to rest).

Add in one or two other signings and a promotion or two from out East and the roster will be much stronger in year 2. Still not a playoff team mind you, but stronger nonetheless.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:00 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDz View Post
Having both Tootoo and Glass would be good IMO.

Add in one or two other signings and a promotion or two from out East and the roster will be much stronger in year 2. Still not a playoff team mind you, but stronger nonetheless.
Having neither would be even better, really don't know why so many of you are so hung up on Glass, 78 games last season 5 goals, 11 assists and a -12. By far the weakest link on the GST line, Just an okay penalty killer (IMO), stone hands, seemed to take shifts off towards the end of the season, personally I think he is easily replaceable.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Having neither would be even better, really don't know why so many of you are so hung up on Glass, 78 games last season 5 goals, 11 assists and a -12. Just an okay penalty killer (IMO), stone hands, seemed to take shifts off towards the end of the season, personally I think he is easily replaceable.
I certainly didn't see that, so i don't agree (But to be fair i wasn't "looking"). Otherwise I kind of agree. Toots is an improvement on glass, but their are improvements on toots available as well.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:05 AM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungman View Post
Oh, and props to Lawless for writing coherently (I generally can't stand his writing or some of the contorsions he takes to come up with "controversial" positions to write from), maybe he can give Gordon Sinclair some writing tips (now there is someone who needs to take high school english over again).
WFP must have hired a ghost writer or perhaps an intern or a 1st year journalism student to write under the Lawless name.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDz View Post
WFP must have hired a ghost writer or perhaps an intern or a 1st year journalism student to write under the Lawless name.
I completely buy what you're selling my friend!

Wonko the Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:31 AM
heilongjetsfan

vCash: 500
Tootoo's a no for me. Just no. I live out of the country now, but back in the day, I worked in bars and you knew it was going to be a **** night if Jordin came by. That chip you see on his shoulder when he's on the ice doesn't seem to come off with the jersey. The trouble Kane found himself getting into around town (so I heard from old colleagues) this winter pretty much mirrors the sideshow we could expect from Tootoo if he were loose in Winnipeg full-time.

I believe people can grow and change, and maybe he has, but if not I'm personally not interested, esp if it's for more than Slater got.

I'm never one to whine about a problem without offering a solution, so may I suggest Dan Carcillo. If memory serves he's $2m per year and has one year left on his contract. He doesn't get much attention these days seeing as he's calmed down and developed some discipline, but the guy has some serious wheels, good scoring sense, and when he's grouchy he can keep great players looking over their shoulders. He doesn't often get put in a scoring role since PHX, since he's been on more talented teams, but he projects to a 40pt guy to me if he's used that way and on a shutdown line he has the ability to be incredibly disruptive.

I'm pleased with Chevy's not wanting to overpay for bottom 6 guys. Character is very important, but it's not rare, especially among guys who've been fighting to stay ahead of the AHL their whole careers!

Last edited by heilongjetsfan: 06-21-2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: forgot something:
heilongjetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote