HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jagr to Test Free Agency

Old
06-18-2012, 12:40 PM
blankall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn10 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if a team offered him 5 million on a 1 year deal. The guy did score 54 points last year, and is still a big boost to the offense of any team he joins.
Naw. A lot of the overpayment we are seeing for FA is for relatively young guys who are being paid for their potential.

No way Jagr gets over 4mil/year.

blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:40 PM
czechmate25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
That's what they said about Gaborik. Torts got him to work.
Gabby was in Torts' doghouse all the time....he was benched in the playoffs for christ's sake.

Plus, Gaborik's game is built on speed, which is what Tort's wants....Jagr's is not.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

There were quite a few question marks surrounding Jagr going into last season, now he has proven that he can still contribute in the NHL so he'd like to consider his options a bit more.

As a Vancouver fan, I'd throw 4mil at him to come play for us. He'd be absolute money with the Sedins. His work along the boards is phenominal, and like the Sedins, it's very hard to take the puck away from him. That'd be a pretty fun line to watch if you ask me.

Heck, I'd probably throw a little more at him if it was just for a 1 year deal. Why not? We will likely have a ton of cap space and we need a top 6 RW.

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Broad Street Elite

Jagr was a good addition for Philly and provided an excellent role model for the young group of forwards. That said, he wore down significantly down the stretch. With proper management of his minutes, he can definitely be effective for another year or 2, but for the Flyers, it's time for their young forwards to play an even bigger role, so it's unclear to me whether the Flyers could have afforded him the minutes, powerplay time, first line that is probably looking for.

Will be a good fit for a team needing 1-2 more players to get over the hump.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Schenn10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Naw. A lot of the overpayment we are seeing for FA is for relatively young guys who are being paid for their potential.

No way Jagr gets over 4mil/year.
He's the 3rd best forward available after Parise and Semin with Radulov rumored to be going back to the KHL.

There are quite a few teams far away from the cap who I believe would offer 5 million to Jagr to boost their offense and ticket sales.

Schenn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:45 PM
gilligansoff

I would love to see him on the Flames. We could use him on the second line RW.

2yr 7.5mill maybe

gilligansoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Machinehead
#SearchForMcDonagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
Gabby was in Torts' doghouse all the time....he was benched in the playoffs for christ's sake.

Plus, Gaborik's game is built on speed, which is what Tort's wants....Jagr's is not.
LOL Gaborik wasn't benched. His minutes were reduced early in the game because of his shoulder tear. Torts knew he was playing hurt and saving him for big spots. In game 6 against New Jersey he was "benched" for the first 40 minutes and then played more than half the 3rd period.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:47 PM
SeriousHabs

Jarg will sign in _______________ because he is friends with _______________.

I hope ''Montreal'' and ''Plekanec'' are the answer

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:47 PM
The Saw Is the Law

I though he had already enough cash...

The Saw Is the Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
No way does Jagr return to NYC. Sather basically kicked him in the nuts by not offering him a 2 year deal back in '08 after all he did for the franchise, then turning around and giving Redden 6 mill a year after signing Gomez and Drury to those albatross contracts.

Additionally, him and Torts would be like oil and water. I'm sure most Ranger fans realize this and like most Jagr fans, I say no thanks.

If he doesn't return to Philly, which I hope he does, I'd like to see him in Chicago or Edmonton, but wouldn't be surprised to see him land in NJ b/c of his love for the Northeast.
Yet the Rangers were a team he identified as a possibility last season when he was planning on coming back.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Machinehead
#SearchForMcDonagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Yet the Rangers were a team he identified as a possibility last season when he was planning on coming back.
He called us before any other team but Sather was too busy eating a cigar

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

jagr is such a sack of ****

Ragamuffin Gunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:52 PM
LePalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
But that's quite a gap on the 1st line now. Giroux and Jagr looked great together. I'd wager the Flyers will look at a guy to play on Giroux's RW and not disrupt the other two lines.
There's no gap. He has chemistry with JVR, Voracek, Simmonds and if we're being honest....I think he'd have chemistry with anyone else.

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Briere-Schenn-JVR
Simmonds-Couturier-Read

And you can pretty much move any player up and down that lineup, as well as moving Talbot up to the 3rd line if need be..

LePalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
Pittsburgh says HELLO!
No thanks. Been there, done that.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
czechmate25

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post

By 'He', are you referring to Jagr himself? Because I don't recall him identifying any teams as possibilities. What I remember was his agent making comments about teams he was interested in and what teams were interested in him. Pittsburgh was mentioned as well, and we all know how that played out.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I just don't get this. He said he loved Philly and felt better than he has in years. If he likes the locker room, the organization, and he makes money... why is he even testing?

This is the stuff that bugs me about Jagr. He didn't have to say those things about Philly if he wanted to test free agency. It's a joke. He did it to Pittsburgh and that would be absurd if he doesn't re-sign in Philly.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Flat Stanley

Honestly, if he came to the Pens, most of us Pens fans will jump right back on the Jagr bandwagon, but unlike last summer, I doubt Pens fans are going to be hoping he comes back.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:56 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Could Boston be a fit? Pretty much the only northeast/Atlantic contender not mentioned yet.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I just don't get this. He said he loved Philly and felt better than he has in years. If he likes the locker room, the organization, and he makes money... why is he even testing?

This is the stuff that bugs me about Jagr. He didn't have to say those things about Philly if he wanted to test free agency. It's a joke. He did it to Pittsburgh and that would be absurd if he doesn't re-sign in Philly.
Yeah I agree.

Last summer he said his heart was in Pittsburgh and he would sign for league minimum to play here because he owes Mario everything. Then he signed in Philly.

Now, he said he had the best time of his career in Philly, had so much fun, loved the city, the fans, the team, etc. But now he's going to test the market.

$$$$$$$$$

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:58 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post

Well, maybe thats the truth and he does mean all those things. But that doesn't mean he'd take all that over money. Until he signs a contract, he isn't obligated to anything, regardless what people want to think.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Vitto79

I think the Rangers would do a 1 yr - 3-4 million per..........heck why not bring Jagr back

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

Wow I'm surprised by this.

Someone is sure to overpay him.

Kessely Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:59 PM
forsbergavs32

vCash: 470
Not a chance in hell....but I would **** myself if Jagr signed with the Avs, could use a solid winger for Duchene

forsbergavs32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Velo

As a Caps fan I'd love to see Jagr on the wing with Backstrom (and as Semin's short-term replacement), but I doubt there's a chance in hell that he'd come back to Washington.

Velo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
By 'He', are you referring to Jagr himself? Because I don't recall him identifying any teams as possibilities. What I remember was his agent making comments about teams he was interested in and what teams were interested in him. Pittsburgh was mentioned as well, and we all know how that played out.
I could have been his agent listing the teams he was interested in. Not sure what difference it makes, really.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote