HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bucky's Annual BS, I mean GM Column

Old
06-18-2012, 12:52 AM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
To all the nay sayers, say what you want but the ideas he has put out are not unreasonable. This team needs a shake up and it starts with Ruff. Time to go. Roy, time to go. Two years ago everyone wanted to give away Sekera, he is better but he is a great bargaining chip. I may not agree with what Bucky proposes to give up, but I am on board with he proposes to bring in. Shake this whole thing up. But then I wouldn't be against moving Vanek somewhere else at this point either and that would also provide some cap relief.
No one's mad at Bucky because we think he's ravaging a perfectly good team with his ideas. It's that he seems to actually be trying to make the team worse and it's just dumb. Trade Roy, our best shutdown d-man, and a 1st rounder for a slightly bigger, more expensive version of Roy? Trade Ryan ****ing Miller, Olympic MVP, for an average 30-something year old winger?! I don't think there are many -- if any -- Sabres fans that don't want a bit of a shake-up. It's just that we want to the team to compete for a cup, not Nathan MacKinnon.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 02:22 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
What are you basing Stastny having better leadership skills and a better attitude than Roy on? Other than a dislike of Roy.
His role on national teams, his leadership abilities on a pretty young Avalanche team, his learning under one of the best captains in league history...

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

vCash: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
His role on national teams, his leadership abilities on a pretty young Avalanche team, his learning under one of the best captains in league history...
I think that's mostly speculative.

Connor McDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:02 AM
Push Dr Tracksuit
Gerstmann 3:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
The third line center getting pushed out by younger, more talented centers. He is still influential in the locker room and has the potential to score 70pnts in a season. Wait which expendable center was I talking about again?

Push Dr Tracksuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:02 AM
HiddenInLight

You know your article is terrible when the guys on WGR are making fun of it like they were this morning....absolutely horrible......

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:12 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

If I was his editor, and I knew hockey, I'd go to my boss and recommend this ****** gets the axe.

Awful, awful, awful journalism.

Corto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:17 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
To all the nay sayers, say what you want but the ideas he has put out are not unreasonable. This team needs a shake up and it starts with Ruff. Time to go. Roy, time to go. Two years ago everyone wanted to give away Sekera, he is better but he is a great bargaining chip. I may not agree with what Bucky proposes to give up, but I am on board with he proposes to bring in. Shake this whole thing up. But then I wouldn't be against moving Vanek somewhere else at this point either and that would also provide some cap relief.
Hi Mrs. Gleason!

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:59 AM
clumping platelets

I thought his article was amatuer at best........I agree....his arse needs to go.

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:45 AM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

It's always nice to get reminders that while we may not be entirely happy with how the front office works, it could be much, much, much worse.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
That's an amateurish take on attempting to make the team better. What a lot of poorly-thought out acquisitions.... wow.

06-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Katana

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamers View Post
It's always nice to get reminders that while we may not be entirely happy with how the front office works, it could be much, much, much worse.
It's also a reminder that those of us who won't pay for a digital subscription to The Buffalo News this fall won't be missing out on anything insightful or informative.

Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:58 AM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Wow.

My expectations for Sucky G are pretty low. And this column didn't even meet them.

I have to no problem with his saying that he'd replace Ruff if he were GM.

But, everything after that was pretty putrid.

Roy, Sekera, 1st for Statsny? Who Sucky himself admits as not playing up to his contract recently.

Miller for Malone after saying that TB addressed their goalie issue with Lindback.

Even thinking about dealing away BOTH 1sts.

The best part of the article were the Sports Editor for a Day tweets flying around yesterday.

Quote:
‏@FakeDarcy

Send Bucky down to Olean and call up Bill Hoppe. ‪#SportsEditorForADay‬

WhoIsJimBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:15 PM
beerme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Hi Mrs. Gleason!
lol I did say that may not agree with what he would give up. But changes are needed and I believe this week that changes are a comin.
And to be clear I think Bucky is a punk ass useless tool and should be replaced.

beerme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:23 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
lol I did say that may not agree with what he would give up. But changes are needed and I believe this week that changes are a comin.
And to be clear I think Bucky is a punk ass useless tool and should be replaced.
Just busting your stones man. Wasn't that serious.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:37 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

If Lindy is leaving, maybe Bucktastic can go with him?

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:57 PM
ADoubleD

What's funny about this to me is how Bucky's one of the people who goes on and on about how Roy and the other members of this core haven't won anything. Then he writes an article arguing that the Sabres should go out and trade for a guy who hasn't helped his team win anything either. That's without even mentioning the massive overpayment he'd be making to get him.

The moves he'd want to make are simply him wanting to get rid of guys he doesn't like regardless of whatever else he has to give up to make that happen. The roster he listed would be no closer to a cup than the roster the Sabres have currently. If the Sabres are trading away both of their firsts it better be to bring a stud center, or to trade up and draft a potential stud center.

ADoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 02:34 PM
beerme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Just busting your stones man. Wasn't that serious.
It's all good

beerme1 is offline   Reply With Quote