HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season Discussion Part V (Cap info in 1st post)

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2012, 12:00 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Any news on Nisky since the last set of tweets went out?

Old
06-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I haven't seen anybody say they'd rather have Radulov than Neal.
No but there are those who are saying he's worth going after and paying a decent price for, and that he would never cause any problems here. This is over the summer I've seen the comments, not necessarily today.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Any news on Nisky since the last set of tweets went out?
Not really. I read that the two sides are going to exchange numbers for the first time today.

Yohe said expect a deal soon because both sides want something done, so I guess a deal will definitely get done.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:17 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Not really. I read that the two sides are going to exchange numbers for the first time today.

Yohe said expect a deal soon because both sides want something done, so I guess a deal will definitely get done.
That's good news, at least. I think them wanting to re-sign Nisky tells me Martin is eventually done. You can't have too many of the same defenders in the line up. Despres and Morrow are the future... so I just don't see why we'd re-sign him w/o having our moves ready.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
No but there are those who are saying he's worth going after and paying a decent price for, and that he would never cause any problems here. This is over the summer I've seen the comments, not necessarily today.
I don't think it would have been a ridiculous idea. The ability is there. I wouldn't give him what he likely wanted though, particularly term.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:22 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

On the Neal vs. Radulov topic; One thing Neal doesn't get enough credit for is his forechecking. The man is a beast. He applies intense pressure and causes so many turnovers in the offensive zone.

Old
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Crap. Scratch Jackman off your wish lists.

:|

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=398648

Old
eXile59
Shirts on.

I'll take Neal's down hill speed, size, & shot over Radulov's soft hands every day of the week. It's not an all-star game. Since the day Neal has set foot in this league he has been a goal scorer. This league, the NHL, the best in the world. Not the 3rd best league in the world. The best.

Neal's getting criminally underrated because he plays with Geno. Radulov has been overrated since day one.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:29 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

This is the fun week of speculation before the draft. Then the draft trades usually fizzle out and we go full speculation down the home stretch.

This is going to be an exciting two weeks, folks.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:

good. I hope every FA defensemen is signed ASAP. Raise Martin's value and make sure we don't waste our money.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:36 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
This is the fun week of speculation before the draft. Then the draft trades usually fizzle out and we go full speculation down the home stretch.

It's weird how a less deep draft has managed to make it more exciting. A week away it's still hard to tell who is going where & with names like Nash out there it's getting interesting.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:38 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:

I just hope it doesn't give us all collective blue balls. I want my happy ending.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:39 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:

A lot of us saw this coming a mile away but others were in denial. With the cap being in place for a couple years now & teams more competitive than ever teams are looking to keep their players. Making drafting & developing more important than ever. You just aren't going to be able to throw money around & buy players to fill holes IF the system stays as is.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:46 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
A lot of us saw this coming a mile away but others were in denial. With the cap being in place for a couple years now & teams more competitive than ever teams are looking to keep their players. Making drafting & developing more important than ever. You just aren't going to be able to throw money around & buy players to fill holes IF the system stays as is.
Which is fine by me. Luckily we have a deep defensive group. Now this team just needs to find the balls to play those players they drafted and developed.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:47 PM
mpp9

If Florida resigns garrison, GMs are gonna be in full overpay mode for top 4 D-men. I can see us getting a lot more than most think for Martin.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
I'll take Neal's down hill speed, size, & shot over Radulov's soft hands every day of the week. It's not an all-star game. Since the day Neal has set foot in this league he has been a goal scorer. This league, the NHL, the best in the world. Not the 3rd best league in the world. The best.

Neal's getting criminally underrated because he plays with Geno. Radulov has been overrated since day one.
Was he criminally underrated in Dallas or last year? We all think Neal is an awesome player, but he's not an 80 point winger without Geno. I don't see a need to compare him to Radulov because I'm beyond happy that we have Neal. But Radulov can carry a line of his own. Neal can't. Which isn't taking anything away from Neal.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:54 PM
mr sidney crosby

When is the nhl draft? penguins may have the 5th overall pick that day or the 8th from what people been saying but i don't believe it.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:06 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sidney crosby View Post
When is the nhl draft? penguins may have the 5th overall pick that day or the 8th from what people been saying but i don't believe it.
If you cannot support it with a valid source - we cannot keep this type of post around. Go ahead with a source, please.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:11 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Was he criminally underrated in Dallas or last year? We all think Neal is an awesome player, but he's not an 80 point winger without Geno. I don't see a need to compare him to Radulov because I'm beyond happy that we have Neal. But Radulov can carry a line of his own. Neal can't. Which isn't taking anything away from Neal.
Where is this "he create offense on his own" crap coming from? It's just a more technical way of saying he can make highlight real plays. Neal creates plenty of offense on his own. You know when he flies down the wing & rifles a shot into the net that's called offense. When Geno put's it on his stick & he picks the top corner that's offense.

People act like Geno was giving Neal open nets. For a lot of those 40 goals he put the puck on his stick & Neal did the rest. Radulov can't carry his own line anymore than Neal. He is far from the superior talent this board makes him out to be.

That sad part is I'll never be able to properly illustrate how right I am because Neal will be in the NHL & Radulov will be in some 4th tier league.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
If you cannot support it with a valid source - we cannot keep this type of post around. Go ahead with a source, please.
I think he's just saying a lot of talk here has us trading for a pick. he isn't claiming we'll have it.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:14 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
A Rob Rossi rumor involving the Canes & Staal is where he's getting I think.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Draft is 22nd but please provide a source.

I believe the 8th your reffering to may be from what Rob Rossi said about the deal with Carolina (Staal+Martin for Faulk+Sutter+8th).

Don't believe it myself. Not sure about the 5th - where from?

Old
06-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Where is this "he create offense on his own" crap coming from? It's just a more technical way of saying he can make highlight real plays. Neal creates plenty of offense on his own. You know when he flies down the wing & rifles a shot into the net that's called offense. When Geno put's it on his stick & he picks the top corner that's offense.

People act like Geno was giving Neal open nets. For a lot of those 40 goals he put the puck on his stick & Neal did the rest. Radulov can't carry his own line anymore than Neal. He is far from the superior talent this board makes him out to be.

That sad part is I'll never be able to properly illustrate how right I am because Neal will be in the NHL & Radulov will be in some 4th tier league.
Neal has had one stretch of his career without a great center. It was with Mark Letestu. He couldn't create offense. Radulov has a better skillset for that sort of isolated situation, and a lot of people will say that makes him the better individual player. I would take Neal to flank Sid or Geno without a 2nd thought. I would take Radulov if I needed a guy to anchor the line though.

side bar: half the posts in this thread have discussion about getting a top pick for a Staal trade. The 5th from Toronto or the 8th from from Carolina. Why does just this guy need a source? His people he is referring to are pretty obviously the rest of this thread and the Staal thread.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:22 PM
mr sidney crosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Draft is 22nd but please provide a source.

I believe the 8th your reffering to may be from what Rob Rossi said about the deal with Carolina (Staal+Martin for Faulk+Sutter+8th).

Don't believe it myself. Not sure about the 5th - where from?
Oh my bad, i've just been hearing it by a guy from bleacherreport. Didn't know i couldn't say it. and i heard the 8th overall from rob rossi. My bad.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:25 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Oh my bad, i've just been hearing it by a guy from bleacherreport. Didn't know i couldn't say it. and i heard the 8th overall from rob rossi. My bad.
If you really wanted to you could be a source on bleacherreport. They are a blog site so just about anybody with an opinion can take part.

Closed Thread