HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL - Brian Burke fired

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Jagr helps solve our #2C issue, by being able to slide Kane to C.

Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Carcillo-Kane-Jagr
That second line would give up a million goals

Old
06-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
I guess no one watched the end of the season when Jagr sucked??

The guy is slow, sucks late in the season, and doesnt fit on the 3rd line RW..and he wants as much as he made last year.

PASS.

Old
06-18-2012, 05:00 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
Jackman signed for 3 years in STL...bowman keeping oduya looking better..

not many defensman out there better then him.
The people complaining about this and saying that this makes the Oduya signing even worse have no clue. It takes a free agent off the market, and more importantly, Jackman only signed for less than Oduya because he took a paycut to stay in town.

Jackman made it very clear that he wanted to stay in St. Louis and said that he would take a hometown discount to stay.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:23 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
So did Oduya, just was pretty weak compared.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:33 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
The people complaining about this and saying that this makes the Oduya signing even worse have no clue. It takes a free agent off the market, and more importantly, Jackman only signed for less than Oduya because he took a paycut to stay in town.

Jackman made it very clear that he wanted to stay in St. Louis and said that he would take a hometown discount to stay.
I'd rather have some other team stuck with Oduya at that money than the Hawks.

Best part was how Bowman claimed Oduya took a pay discount for extended term. You don't have to say anything, just say you signed him, don't act like your some master negotiator.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:39 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post

The guy is slow, sucks late in the season, and doesnt fit on the 3rd line RW..and he wants as much as he made last year.

PASS.
Oh, I watched the end of the season...!

and, yeah "PASS" is the polite way of putting it.

I'm also not sold at all on the new and non-arrogant Jaromir he's supposed to be. Sign him to the Hawks and put him on a line with Bolland and Carcillo and watch how humble he is.

Not someone I'd like to see added to the team.

Old
06-19-2012, 12:46 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Best part was how Bowman claimed Oduya took a pay discount for extended term. You don't have to say anything, just say you signed him, don't act like your some master negotiator.
Oduya took a discount...

1. being paid less than before
2. lower Cap Hit than before
3. Would have easily gotten more as Free Agent

Old
06-19-2012, 01:19 AM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Oduya took a discount...

1. being paid less than before
2. lower Cap Hit than before
3. Would have easily gotten more as Free Agent
He deserved less money than before. Last part is debatable but I'd rather not have him at all, much less for the money he'll be making.

Old
06-19-2012, 01:33 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
He deserved less money than before.
Based on what? Salaries are on the rise as revenues have been. This isn't anything new...

Quote:
Last part is debatable
It really isn't. The FA market is terrible, these guys who are still in it are gonna cash in.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:01 AM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post

PASS.
those are fair points, and i'm not saying jagr is the answer, but the dude deserves a lot more credit than you give him. and saying he sucks late in the season bc of one year is kinda dumb. and the hawks could always scratch him every once in a while to give a prospect a chance in the show and give jagr rest.

and i would think if he was on the hawks, he'd be playing on the second line with kane at center. but he only averaged like 15-16 minutes a game this year which wouldn't be enough on the second line. so jagr probably isn't a great idea

fun fact, and not that it's all that relevant at this point in his career, but jaromir jagr is 8th all time in scoring behind mario lemieux

Last edited by TwistedWrister90: 06-19-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old
06-19-2012, 02:05 AM
TwistedWrister90

i'd like to see the hawks bring steve sullivan back to chicago. he'd cost around $1.5m, always puts up solid numbers, and put up 21 points on the PP for pittsburgh last year. i could see him on the second PP unit. the only concern would be injuries but he played 79 games last year + the playoffs

a third line of sullivan/bolland/shaw would fit well together IMO

maybe like a one year deal with a $1.5m cap hit

Old
06-19-2012, 05:51 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
He deserved less money than before. Last part is debatable but I'd rather not have him at all, much less for the money he'll be making.
why do you hate all of our players and this team?

I don't get it. Hawks have a good team and are contenders.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:27 AM
coldsteelonice84

Hawks are most likely going to lose in the 1st or 2nd round if they even make the playoffs. They're ok with that too. **** them, I know I'm not.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:38 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Hawks are most likely going to lose in the 1st or 2nd round if they even make the playoffs. They're ok with that too. **** them, I know I'm not.
The fanbase on this board has seriously jumped off the deep end.

A decline in quality =/= being committed to mediocrity, people. Not to mention we all seem to be forgetting how good the team is when they're clicking. Let's see what they actually do in free agency and in the draft before we move to a city that has taller bridges to jump off of.

Last edited by No Fun Shogun: 06-19-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old
06-19-2012, 08:35 AM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
so go watch......uhh pittsburgh?? i dunno who is likely to come out and make it past the first or second round...NOBODY KNOWS

who do u think is a really good team that probly will get to the third round?

Vancouver? Boston? Pittsburgh? they all lost early this year...you cant predict the playoffs buddy

Old
06-19-2012, 09:32 AM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
why do you hate all of our players and this team?

I don't get it. Hawks have a good team and are contenders.
I do not hate all of our players, not even close, I just don't think that some ofthem are eements you have on a contending team.

As of riht notwthe Hawks have a great cllecto of individual talent on the rter, that does not make a good team. A godteam gets the best out of every player on the roster, a team that sticks together, a coach that is a true leader and drive his players, balance throughout the line up. The Hawks are definitely a playoff team but I don't thin I'd consider them a top contender heading into the year.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
I do not hate all of our players, not even close, I just don't think that some ofthem are eements you have on a contending team.

As of riht notwthe Hawks have a great cllecto of individual talent on the rter, that does not make a good team. A godteam gets the best out of every player on the roster, a team that sticks together, a coach that is a true leader and drive his players, balance throughout the line up. The Hawks are definitely a playoff team but I don't thin I'd consider them a top contender heading into the year.
Let me guess, you had Phoenix, LA, New Jersey, and the Rangers as the top teams going in to last season.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:19 AM
MagicSlap*

I thought LAK and NYR would be very good this year. The NJD were a bit of an enigma but I liked their general make up, questioned Brodeur. PHX was a wildcard for sure.

The thing is though that these teams were built 22 men deep, they ran 4 good forward lines, 3 defensive pairings and solid goaltending. It's not about the individual talent it's about how the team comes together, the management philosophy bringing in the right players for the right spots, the coach executing based upon the players he has and the players filling the roles they were brought in for.

I'm just saying, based upon what we've seen out of the guys we had and the team we had last year, they haven't done much to address the following issues... 1. Coaching 2. Team chemistry 3. Solid depth through the whole roster.

Again, I'm not talking about the individual talent but the team as a whole, too often we relied upon individual talent taking over when team play was lackluster. Team play wins championships, not individual talent.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
I thought LAK and NYR would be very good this year. The NJD were a bit of an enigma but I liked their general make up, questioned Brodeur. PHX was a wildcard for sure.

The thing is though that these teams were built 22 men deep, they ran 4 good forward lines, 3 defensive pairings and solid goaltending. It's not about the individual talent it's about how the team comes together, the management philosophy bringing in the right players for the right spots, the coach executing based upon the players he has and the players filling the roles they were brought in for.

I'm just saying, based upon what we've seen out of the guys we had and the team we had last year, they haven't done much to address the following issues... 1. Coaching 2. Team chemistry 3. Solid depth through the whole roster.

Again, I'm not talking about the individual talent but the team as a whole, too often we relied upon individual talent taking over when team play was lackluster. Team play wins championships, not individual talent.
Yup, the Kings chemistry was so good they traded one of their better known players for locker room darling Jeff Carter.

Old
06-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
I can guarentee at least 26 teams will lose in the 1st or second round or miss the playoffs.

Of course we aren't OK with not winning the cup, it's just reality that it's more than likely not going to happen. Not one team in the last 2 years has made it past the 2nd round more than once. Only 2 teams the last 2 years have made it past the 1st round more than once.

Maybe we are happy we have some good hockey players that can give us a chance to win the cup every year, and not pissed off because we didn't make it as far as we wanted. Welcome to the NHL.

Old
06-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Illinihockey

Harding resigns with Minnesota --- how could Bowman let this happen!

Old
06-19-2012, 01:30 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Harding resigns with Minnesota --- how could Bowman let this happen!
By not trading for him at the deadline when every paper in the country had him rumored to go for a top 6 forward.

Old
06-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
By not trading for him at the deadline when every paper in the country had him rumored to go for a top 6 forward.
You are such a clown.

Old
06-19-2012, 01:55 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
You are such a clown.
No, you are. You want to sit back and make excuses for Bowman while he makes idiotic move after idiotic move. If the feeling was that most of goalies would resign (which is quite obviously what he thought), he should have been more aggressive at the deadline and it also may have saved last season. But no, he decided to keep being an ignorant jackass and pump his own tires some more by resigning all of the guys he brought in, raising his arms up in the air with his smug, disgusting look at the press conference and saying "How could this happen with such a good team, the players need to play better, the coaches need to coach better".

Old
06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
TwistedWrister90

but the players do need to play better and the coaches do need to coach better....

and being more aggressive at the deadline and signing some other mediocre goalie would not have saved the season. **** happens. let it go. there's a new season to look forward to and the hawks are still a very good team. we have no idea how crawford or oduya will play, but they are both good players and can play very well when they want to

Closed Thread